Delta Hotels

Delta Hotels Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Staff were friendly and easy to work with
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Sydney, NSOctober 14, 2014
Pros: tips were nice
Cons: long/hot days
getting carts and checking for all supplies needed was the most important part of the work day
enjoy meeting people from different countries
Clean linen wasn't always available had to wait sometimes
Best place I ever worked for
Line and Banquet Cook/ Saucier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good posative environment, a family type environment, always room for advancement
Cons: my wage, but again, theres lots of room for advancement
I would get to work nice and early and do the best I could. We often times did a lot of high end large scale banquets and I loved my job more than I had ever realised after I left.
great
Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 24, 2014
Identified Hazards withing the work place
Update Emergency Procedures
Developed and Implemented Safe work practices and procedures
Productive, fun work place
Second Cook (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed working here, the people I worked with were great, and the environment was fast-paced and very enjoyable. I would assist the chef in cooking all types of food. We would do weekly clean up of the entire kitchen, to make sure everything was up to health standards.
Banquet serving is a nightmare, complete chaos...!
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Regina, SK.July 9, 2014
Pros: sometimes a free lunch, at least something to eat, some commission
Cons: long weekend hours, bullies, language barriers, no empathy for being tired or sore, slave-driving
Working long hours, mostly on weekends until 2am. Having no space to work in the kitchen, up stairs or downstairs, and a very small banquet area that is packed tight with people. Very confusing as many different languages are spoken and some people do not even know english! Very ungrateful, aggravating and bossy management.
Extremely hard on the body, – more... as you are expected to carry huge trays and never stop moving... – less
working for an hotel
Full time (FREDERICTON) (Former Employee), fredericton nbApril 2, 2014
it was fun, the friends were awesome and they are still are. we had gifts from other hotels.
driving all day
cook (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: long hrs
got to meet good people all day,money was up and down,you got paid on a daily basis depending how busy you were,,,,,,
High stress and politics
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), AlbertaFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: if it your new job you will learn.
Cons: 0
Company will show you big picture but never apply for it. The company is all about making money. Very stressful and expect you work long hour with out pay if you are a salary position.You working 50 to 60 hours.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 5, 2013
Fun and inviting atmosphere to be apart of.
It started with a very stressful early morning, but once you got use to it, it was a blast.
management was rather lazy
and the co-workers didn't seem to care much about their jobs.
The hardest part of the job, was the addition of the new manger.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I got to – more... interact with a verity of people from all over the world. – less
Full of bullies
Former employee (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours and a lot of stress
This is a hotel were you can easily find bully and harrasment at the workplace. Managers are mostly arrogants and sel-fish. Everything is "good" when it's convenient for them.
Overloaded in work and not really teamplayers.
from full time to casual
housekeeping (Former Employee), ottawa, onNovember 23, 2013
Pros: great wage
Cons: no hours
There is so much senority that they cannot guarantee you the hours. I was hired full time but only worked 4 weeks of full time hours , then was told it's not busy so we have no hours so you (me) will be on call. On call?????????? i was supposedly hired full time NOT casual and i loose my benefits??? How anyone can live or earn a living this way is beyond – more... me. I wouldn't recommend employment in Delta hotels in ottawa – less
Fun workplace
Banquet Server (Current Employee), St. John's, NLOctober 22, 2013
Pros: get to see live entertainment, discounts at hotels
Cons: working nights
I enjoy working at the delta because of my co workers. They make work enjoyable and fun.
hard workin people with their heads on right :)
Night Cleaner / Dishwasher (Former Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 15, 2013
Pros: all
i loved it there , was one of the best jobs i ever had . good people with positive work ethic.
They treated me like I was easily replaceable and I did not have the supplies needed to do my job, and they said deal with it!
House Person (Former Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Cons: no supplies, no communication, poor managment
Just the worst position I have ever had and the worst treatment! I would talk everyone I know from working at that DELTA KINGSTON LOCATION!
Productive and forward-thinking workplace
Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2013
Pros: progressive company
Cons: downtown toronto
Delta is a very progressive, fast-paced work environment. If you like a challenge and the opportunity to move forward this is a great company to work for. Good leadership team and work environment. The hardest part of the job for was working downtown Toronto, the most enjoyable part of the job was the fast-pace environment.
Event Planner
Event planner (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 19, 2013
Pros: the people/ enviroment
Cons: having to leave b.c.
dealt with wedding food service. kitchen staff, and chef's. This job was great just had to move back to Ontario.
Slowly going downhill
Worker (Former Employee), GTAApril 9, 2013
Pros: family is hired first
As more Deltas are purchase and franchised under Westmont Hospitality group they are losing exceptional, qualified staff.
Staff are overworked, used, treated like cattle. They swoop in, don't pay for renovations, lay off top staff and expect the rest left to pick up the lose ends. The burn out rate is so high, and parts of the benefits are being dropped – more... without any notice, until you need that service.
This is not a company to work for any longer, everyone is looking to other brands to continue on with their career. Nice going Westmont – less
overall not a bad place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), St. John's, NLFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: some perks
Cons: poor communication
usually very busy learned to work with a very diverse group of people being such a large employer it was not a very close knit management team as it should have been I didn't really find many hard aspects we had a lot of sick time The people you met every day and my staff
Company consistently ranks amongs Canada's top 50 employers for 11 consecutive years
Corporate Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2012
A typical day included much contact with clients, balancing different corporate accounts and reponding to the various requests. The ability to multitask, prioritized and use good judgement were all built into the daily learning outcome and managers/coworkers were supportive, encouraging and pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing – more... with demanding guests when availability was limited or hotel was sold out while the most rewarding was making a difference in the life of low income families/patients by providing discounted or free room nights when possible. – less
Could take pride in working for this company, high standards in health and safety, employee moral and team building
Rooms Quality Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2012
Pros: discount on rooms
Cons: if heavy workload, no extra time granted
Overall, Delta Hotel is a very organized, respectful place to work. Guest satisfaction was always top priority and employees were always encouraged to use own initiative to ensure guest's comfort and happiness. Great benefits offered to employees, and moral always important to management.

About Delta Hotels

Delta Hotels is a chain of 40 hotels and resorts across Canada, primarily in the 4 star range of standard. Delta was founded – Read more