Delta Hotels Employee Reviews

Business hotel
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2017
i always loved working in customer service and hospitality industry was great Delta Bow valley was fun to work with again new challenges from where i worked in Dubai, but everyday we learn,
and have kept on improving.
Ok
Night (Former Employee) –  King, ON19 March 2017
The job was Ok, not what I expected though. You begin to feel left out from the workers who do days because there shifts change and they do things together after work, but you deal. Also NO security over nights.
Cons
No security
Worst place to work
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 February 2017
I was in banquets this past summer, worse place I ever worked, I bought their vacuums out of my pocket because the company Westmont wouldn't buy them or fix the broken ones. They have turned over staff including managers twice in 1 year. There's no standards at all. Not what you expect from a delta. I was salary and was scheduled 12 hour ahifts and got in trouble if I left early
Pros
Parking
Cons
Everything else. Terrible place, awful people
From coast to coast
Joint Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 February 2017
I had the privilege to work in different Deltas from coast to coast and I have nothing but the up most respect for the staff and the company.
Delta
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
Pros: on-going training and tuition paid for further educationCons: Long hours
A typical day at work involved daily income report, room statistics, payroll issues, payable, receivables, food and beverage, dealing with department managers, fitness club, parking, disputes, etc.

I learned to treat people with respect the way i was treated. My co-workers are probably the best and were the most important team members.

I was a member of the executive committee, and met once a week to discuss with the most important issues dealing with personnel, finances,expenses, capital assets, renovations, budgets, room occupancy, forecasts, etc

The hardest part of the job was to ensure financial statement were provided on timely and accurate basis by the end of the month.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people who were hard working, loyal, trustworthy and helpful.
Event Manager
Event Services and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskoka, ON31 October 2016
Delta is an excellent company to work for. Future opportunities within the company. Family orientated. Great chain of hotels across Canada. Excellent management
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
small properties
Positive and good working for comunity and visitors and banquets.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB19 September 2016
I was into being Night Auditor. Taking budget and giving rooms to all visitors who came in in the night. Helped into Banquets abd Kitchen and Pub
Pros
Good and positive and proper way to feel.
Cons
Learning how to deal with people who do not line what was offered.
Challenging and fun work environment
Rooms Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
Delta has great employees who have a passion for customer service. The training and guidance I received was professional and organized. I learned the value of working with a team of hard working and dedicated individuals and how each person makes a difference.
Works
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2016
This job works for the time being. Has good hours, nice employees. Little disorganized and parking is bad. There is a lack of communication and the organization seems very disorganized.
Great Work Place
BANQUET SERVER (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB19 May 2016
Love the delta it is a great place to work! My co workers are great, i love everything about the hotel benefits are awesome i have nothing bad to say about the delta!
Pros
Hotel deals
Cons
On your feet alot
Learning With Fun and Guest Interaction
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2016
The most enjoyable part of the Internship was interacting with various guests from different backgrounds, I not only learned the various workings of the front desk but also The Concierge and the bell desk. My experience was fun while I learned.
Fun everybody is friendly, you meet diffferent kind of people everyday
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Rd. Toronto26 April 2016
Working at Delta Hotel and Resort is fun and physically challenging since I'm in Housekeeping department. Everyday is a challenge not only with the rooms you have for the day but as well as the guests you met. Its a diverse culture since you meet different people and culture. At the end of the day cleaning the dirtiest room is the hardest, but best part is having it perfected for your guest to call it home away from home.
Pros
Free lunch, drinks and snacks
Cons
Physically challenging
100% best employer in Canada!
Sr. Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 April 2016
It was always a pleasure to work with and create professional relationships with my co-workers at Delta Hotels & Resorts.
A great place to work
Banquet Server/Bartender & Office Assitant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON11 April 2016
l loved working for Delta because it was fun as well as challenging. l was made to felt appreciated, my opinion mattered & l was given the opportunity to work in another department so l could advance in the Hotel.
Pros
Every member of the company was made to feel important & appreciated
Cons
Missing family events because couldn't get time off.
Wasn't really my favorite job. I just did it because I needed one...
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2016
Same role day in and day out. Management often understaffed. each team expecting more from less. Coworkers were amazing really. Its the people that make you stick around even if you aren't fully invested. Multi Tasking doing the job of 3 people.
Pros
Food all the time
Cons
lack of staffing. seemed Management only cared about the budget
Excellent team environment.
CREDIT MANAGER - contract (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2016
Typical day is about customer service and everyone works together on meeting the clients requests. Environment is one of learning and collaboration.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Offices underground
Decent place to work
2nd Cook (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 February 2016
The management requires you to work like a dog. yet they won't lend a hand to help. The pay is ridiculously small. The coworkers are good people to work with. Very stressful place to work
It was good
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2015
The management is really awesome at Delta. Once a month they have a board meeting, and I found them very effective. The co workers were also very friendly, and everyone got along very well.
productive work place that cares about the customers
3rd Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2015
You are fully responsible for the station you are working, food preparation and cooking. It was great to learn how to work in a large kitchen. The company was undergoing new management. The staff had a wide range of knowledge and are easy to work with.
Productive but challenging workplace
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2015
Welcoming workplace and colleagues. Within few months,my skills have outgrown,and enhances my knowledge in different areas related to work and co-workers. Its always been busy,but i enjoyed it!
Pros
free meal and supportive colleagues
Cons
no permanent working schedules