Delta Hotels Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 February 2017
I was in banquets this past summer, worse place I ever worked, I bought their vacuums out of my pocket because the company Westmont wouldn't buy them or fix the broken ones. They have turned over staff including managers twice in 1 year. There's no standards at all. Not what you expect from a delta. I was salary and was scheduled 12 hour ahifts and got in trouble if I left early
Pros
Parking
Cons
Everything else. Terrible place, awful people
Delta
Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
Pros: on-going training and tuition paid for further educationCons: Long hours
A typical day at work involved daily income report, room statistics, payroll issues, payable, receivables, food and beverage, dealing with department managers, fitness club, parking, disputes, etc.

I learned to treat people with respect the way i was treated. My co-workers are probably the best and were the most important team members.

I was a member of the executive committee, and met once a week to discuss with the most important issues dealing with personnel, finances,expenses, capital assets, renovations, budgets, room occupancy, forecasts, etc

The hardest part of the job was to ensure financial statement were provided on timely and accurate basis by the end of the month.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people who were hard working, loyal, trustworthy and helpful.
Great Work Place
BANQUET SERVER (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB19 May 2016
Love the delta it is a great place to work! My co workers are great, i love everything about the hotel benefits are awesome i have nothing bad to say about the delta!
Pros
Hotel deals
Cons
On your feet alot
Event Manager
Event Services and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskoka, ON31 October 2016
Delta is an excellent company to work for. Future opportunities within the company. Family orientated. Great chain of hotels across Canada. Excellent management
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
small properties
Business hotel
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2017
i always loved working in customer service and hospitality industry was great Delta Bow valley was fun to work with again new challenges from where i worked in Dubai, but everyday we learn,
and have kept on improving.
From coast to coast
Joint Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 February 2017
I had the privilege to work in different Deltas from coast to coast and I have nothing but the up most respect for the staff and the company.
Positive and good working for comunity and visitors and banquets.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB19 September 2016
I was into being Night Auditor. Taking budget and giving rooms to all visitors who came in in the night. Helped into Banquets abd Kitchen and Pub
Pros
Good and positive and proper way to feel.
Cons
Learning how to deal with people who do not line what was offered.
Slowly going downhill
Worker (Former Employee) –  GTA9 April 2013
As more Deltas are purchase and franchised under Westmont Hospitality group they are losing exceptional, qualified staff.
Staff are overworked, used, treated like cattle. They swoop in, don't pay for renovations, lay off top staff and expect the rest left to pick up the lose ends. The burn out rate is so high, and parts of the benefits are being dropped without any notice, until you need that service.
This is not a company to work for any longer, everyone is looking to other brands to continue on with their career. Nice going Westmont
Pros
family is hired first
Fun everybody is friendly, you meet diffferent kind of people everyday
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Rd. Toronto26 April 2016
Working at Delta Hotel and Resort is fun and physically challenging since I'm in Housekeeping department. Everyday is a challenge not only with the rooms you have for the day but as well as the guests you met. Its a diverse culture since you meet different people and culture. At the end of the day cleaning the dirtiest room is the hardest, but best part is having it perfected for your guest to call it home away from home.
Pros
Free lunch, drinks and snacks
Cons
Physically challenging
Could take pride in working for this company, high standards in health and safety, employee moral and team building
Rooms Quality Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2012
Overall, Delta Hotel is a very organized, respectful place to work. Guest satisfaction was always top priority and employees were always encouraged to use own initiative to ensure guest's comfort and happiness. Great benefits offered to employees, and moral always important to management.
Pros
discount on rooms
Cons
if heavy workload, no extra time granted
from full time to casual
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  ottawa, on23 November 2013
There is so much senority that they cannot guarantee you the hours. I was hired full time but only worked 4 weeks of full time hours , then was told it's not busy so we have no hours so you (me) will be on call. On call?????????? i was supposedly hired full time NOT casual and i loose my benefits??? How anyone can live or earn a living this way is beyond me. I wouldn't recommend employment in Delta hotels in ottawa
Pros
great wage
Cons
no hours
Challenging and fun work environment
Rooms Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
Delta has great employees who have a passion for customer service. The training and guidance I received was professional and organized. I learned the value of working with a team of hard working and dedicated individuals and how each person makes a difference.
Works
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2016
This job works for the time being. Has good hours, nice employees. Little disorganized and parking is bad. There is a lack of communication and the organization seems very disorganized.
Wasn't really my favorite job. I just did it because I needed one...
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2016
Same role day in and day out. Management often understaffed. each team expecting more from less. Coworkers were amazing really. Its the people that make you stick around even if you aren't fully invested. Multi Tasking doing the job of 3 people.
Pros
Food all the time
Cons
lack of staffing. seemed Management only cared about the budget
A great place to work
Banquet Server/Bartender & Office Assitant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON11 April 2016
l loved working for Delta because it was fun as well as challenging. l was made to felt appreciated, my opinion mattered & l was given the opportunity to work in another department so l could advance in the Hotel.
Pros
Every member of the company was made to feel important & appreciated
Cons
Missing family events because couldn't get time off.
High stress and politics
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta2 February 2014
Company will show you big picture but never apply for it. The company is all about making money. Very stressful and expect you work long hour with out pay if you are a salary position.You working 50 to 60 hours.
Pros
If it your new job you will learn.
Learning With Fun and Guest Interaction
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2016
The most enjoyable part of the Internship was interacting with various guests from different backgrounds, I not only learned the various workings of the front desk but also The Concierge and the bell desk. My experience was fun while I learned.
Staff are great..little room for advancement
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2015
I worked for the front office for 4.5 yrs and got nowhere. I loved the people I worked with and some of the lower level managers, however, the SLT (Senior Leadership Team) was lacking in the Cultural Values of the brand. Opportunities for advancement were very few and far between. A person could over exceed expectations but there is no appreciation for it from any level of management. It is Expected of you. I did receive lots of training which prepared me to move on from the brand.
Pros
Great staff, meals provided at low cost per shift
Cons
Management not living up to Values. Extended shifts little benefit
Banquet serving is a nightmare, complete chaos...!
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK.9 July 2014
Working long hours, mostly on weekends until 2am. Having no space to work in the kitchen, up stairs or downstairs, and a very small banquet area that is packed tight with people. Very confusing as many different languages are spoken and some people do not even know english! Very ungrateful, aggravating and bossy management.
Extremely hard on the body, as you are expected to carry huge trays and never stop moving...
Pros
Sometimes a free lunch, at least something to eat, some commission
Cons
Long weekend hours, bullies, language barriers, no empathy for being tired or sore, slave-driving
Good Company
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB15 March 2015
the company itself is great to work for, the co-workers are awesome.
Management is VERY approachable - some of the most approachable people I've ever met work there. I can't say enough good about the people to give them justice.

BUT - the hours you work aren't so great. If you honestly don't care what time of day you work, or what days off you have, working holidays, and are very, very flexible to trade with anyone at any time, you'll probably really enjoy it there.
I found it hard to have a life outside of work if you don't switch departments immediately. If you have outside of work commitments, it can be quite difficult to find a work-life balance. If you are on a flex schedule, your schedule can change at the drop of a hat (more and less hours and shift time changes)
if you are on the picked-schedule, your hours are pretty much set but it is very difficult to get a desired shift and days off. There is little turn-around there so you will catch yourself on the night shift (working weekends) for a long time. (there are more late shift spots than there are people who want to work them and seek them out, so don't let that statement mislead you)
Advancement is slow, but they'll showcase fast ladder climbers.

I really enjoyed working there - though it is typical call center work with the same statistical requirements as any other call center - talk time, revenue and booking percentages.
Pros
Co-Workers.
Cons
Work Hours.