The primary duty of the Laundry Mechanic is to repair, inspect, test, install and maintain the laundering equipment.
· Perform work on, but not limited to, washers, dryers, ironers, hydraulic presses, conveyance systems, linen finishing equipment, combustion equipment, pumps, drive motors.
· Complete daily inspection rounds to verify proper equipment operation and identify and correct any off normal condition.
· Complete assigned work such as corrective work orders, preventative maintenance work orders and equipment repair in a timely and efficient manner and complete detailed documentation and reports.
· All work must be performed safely and in a professional manner observing all fire and safety regulations.
· Responsible for all aspects of job completion from prioritization of tasks, identification of tools and materials, and appropriate safety precautions.
· Make recommendations to maintenance managers for the correction of faulty equipment. Reports all equipment problems immediately.
· Ability to work independently, routinely demonstrate initiative, strive to build teamwork in the work place, possess a positive attitude and be able to learn and adapt.
· Attends to emergency calls when necessary.
· Carries out work of shift mechanics or general mechanics when necessary and performs other tasks as assigned by the maintenance managers or maintenance coordinator
· Trains new employees on the maintaining the laundry equipment.
· Complies with all Hotel Policies and Procedures including Health and Safety.
· Welding certificate required
· Gas fitter licence required
· experience with steam boilers, laundry pressers/folders
· ability to work varied shifts
· College education or 5 years experience as a millwright or laundry mechanic
· experience in electrical and mechanical systems
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Agility to bend, squat, kneel as required
To be considered for this position please apply at www.deltatalent.com. Only applications received through www.deltatalent.com will be considered.