Position Summary – The Guest Services Agent (GSA) has dual responsibilities to sell hotel guest rooms and services and provide exceptional guest service. The GSA must endeavour to create loyal customers through the provision of individualized service that is efficient, responsive, proactive, caring and friendly.
- Provides a high standard of customer service by efficiently and accurately dealing with all guest transactions, including the process of checking in and checking out guests, and administrative duties.
- Drives revenue by selling walk-ins, upselling, and booking reservations and providing rate information to make sales.
- Acts as a host to our guests by searching out opportunities to wow them, driving customer loyalty by building emotional, individualized connections with guests and anticipating needs.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- High School Diploma required
- Hospitality experience a definite asset
- Minimum 2 years in a similar customer service environment
- Experience with Opera PMS an asset
- First aid and CPR qualification are beneficial
- Strong computer skills - knowledge of MS Office required
- Exceptional guest service talent
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adopt a sales approach when appropriate
- Perceptive; able to read customers needs
- Team Player
- Demonstrates organization and multi-tasking abilities
- Manages stress in an appropriate and professional manner
- Flexible: must be willing to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Overtime may be required in peak periods. Schedule done according to business volumes.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard