osition Summary - The Guest Service Agent (GSA) is a key role; quite often the only team member the guest may encounter. The GSA must endeavour to create loyal customers through the provision of individualized service that is efficient, responsive, proactive, and surpasses all guest expectations.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
1. Provide a high standard of customer service by efficiently and accurately dealing with all guest transactions, including the process of checking in and checking out guests.
- Registers and guests and assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible
- Assist blocking of room from reservations
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit and cash handling policies and procedures
- Use of proper telephone etiquette, adhering to Front Office Standards, answering all calls in a timely and professional manner
- Understands the switchboard console and how to use it
2. Acts as a host to our guests by searching out opportunities to go above and beyond, to wow the guest; drive customer loyalty by building emotional, individualized connections with customers; and anticipating needs and being proactive.
- Acknowledge all customers that enter the lobby area and greets guests first
- Promote good will by being courteous, friendly, professional and helpful to guests and co-workers
- Interprets guest needs and provides exceptional service
- Actively seeks opportunities to make an emotional connection with the guest, far surpassing their expectations at every opportunity
3. Provide reservation and rate information as required.
- Sell rooms to walk-in guests, using suggestive selling techniques, showing rooms, and negotiation.
- Upsell reservations to larger suites when they arrive at the property
- Take reservations as the opportunity arises
4. Participates as a member of the Front Office Team by assisting in various Front Office and Hotel Operations.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests and day rooms etc.
- Reads and initials all memorandums and SOPs pertaining to the Front Office
- Attends Front Office Department and/or Hotel Meetings
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the maintenance department
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the Front Office Manager
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures for all the areas of the hotel. Is also aware and responsible for implementation of accident and emergency prevention policies
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area
5. Have a strong knowledge of the hotel and local area.
- Understands room status and room status tracking
- Knows room locations, types of rooms and all hotel amenities
- Is aware of daily events, and their location, taking place in the hotel
- Provides hotel information and promotes revenue generating facilities and services
- Develops relationships with Delta Privilege members in order to facilitate the fulfillment of the guest's requests
- Is an expert on the local area and makes recommendations on services that will meet the guest's needs and wants
uest Knowledge and Skills Required
- High School Diploma
- Hospitality experience a definite asset
- Min. 2 yrs in a similar customer service environment
- Experience with Opera PMS an asset
- First aid and CPR qualification are beneficial
- Exceptional guest service talent
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adopt a sales approach when appropriate
- Perceptive; able to read customers needs
- Team Player
- Demonstrates organization and multi-tasking abilities
- Manages stress in an appropriate and professional manner
We appreciate all applications however, only those selected for interview will be contacted at this time.