Position Summary: The Chef de Partie is responsible for the day to day operations of a kitchen section. Following the direction of the Chefs, the Chef de Partie uses a hands-on approach with the Cooks and Stewards of their section to provide guests with exceptional food. This is a working supervisor role and the individual is also expected to act as a Cook on the line.
- To consistently exceed guest expectations by ensuring that all food products prepared and served adhere to the hotel food quality, presentation, service and safety standards.
- Is hands-on in guiding, directing and developing an engaged Kitchen team.
Knowledge and Skills Required Behaviours Required
- High school diploma required
- Journeyman papers required
- Minimum of3 years in a high volume restaurant of hotel facility
- Strong skills in visual presentation of food
- Food Safe certification; extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Awareness of inventory controls & understanding of purchasing and receiving procedures an asset
- Basic computer skills with MS Office applications an asset
- Physical Requirements;
o Must be able to spend entire shifts either on their feet or walking
o Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares * Passionate about food and cooking
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to train and coach effectively, while engaging the team
- Shows passion about the customer experience
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Takes ownership of duties, shows initiative and is proactive
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and conflict resolution skills
- Positive attitude and team player
- Works with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays where the weekly hours may fluctuate by season. Overtime may also be required in peak periods. Schedule done according to business volumes.
Indeed - 15 months ago