Position Summary: The Chef de Partie is responsible for the day to day operations of a kitchen section. Following the direction of the Chefs, the Chef de Partie uses a hands-on approach with the Cooks and Stewards of their section to provide guests with exceptional food. This is a working supervisor role and the individual is also expected to act as a Cook on the line.
- To consistently exceed guest expectations by ensuring that all food products prepared and served adhere to the hotel food quality, presentation, service and safety standards.
- Is hands-on in guiding, directing and developing an engaged Kitchen team.
Knowledge and Skills Required Behaviours Required
- High school diploma required
- Journeyman papers required
- Minimum of3 years in a high volume restaurant of hotel facility
- Strong skills in visual presentation of food
- Food Safe certification; extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Awareness of inventory controls & understanding of purchasing and receiving procedures an asset
- Basic computer skills with MS Office applications an asset
- Physical Requirements;
o Must be able to spend entire shifts either on their feet or walking
o Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares * Passionate about food and cooking
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to train and coach effectively, while engaging the team
- Shows passion about the customer experience
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Takes ownership of duties, shows initiative and is proactive
- Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and conflict resolution skills
- Positive attitude and team player
- Works with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays where the weekly hours may fluctuate by season. Overtime may also be required in peak periods. Schedule done according to business volumes.