Position Summary – The Banquets Manager is responsible for the operations of the Banquets Department ensuring efficiency and a positive overall guest experience for meetings and catered events by directing, guiding, and organizing the Banquets team.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
1. To guide, direct, organize and develop an engaged Banquets team.
- Ensures the team understands the correlation between service excellence and guest perception of the hotel, mentoring all members of the team towards service excellence and the creation of wow factors.
- Actively works to build a high performing, motivated and engaged team.
- Ensures the team understands and applies the tenets of revenue management daily to maximize hotel sales.
- Provides training, coaching and guidance to Banquets employees by conducting one-on-one meetings with team members.
- Completes the Performance Reviews and Individual Development Plans on a timely basis.
- Leads and ensures “High Time” training for the department.
2. To ensure the effective execution of the entire Banquets service cycle.
- Works with Catering Sales to verify the accuracy of BEO information and to ensure that Banquet precisely and creatively executes all details meeting all guest and Delta Standards.
- Is responsible for planning for the operations with upcoming business volumes for upcoming week and or months.
- Works with Catering Department to verify the accuracy of BEO information and facilitates the pre-convention meetings on a timely basis.
- Ensures the events are executed precisely and creatively as per the needs of the guests, outlined in the BEOs and pre-con meetings.
- Ensures the accuracy of guest accounts with accurate and timely billing and other financial and statistical information.
- Maximizes Banquets’ revenue utilizing effective selling strategies.
- Responsible for the Meeting Maestro Program execution and creative input to the program.
3. To employ the available resources to drive the business with specific revenue, cost / expense and productivity targets, operating with effective controls, processes and procedures as identified in the budget and business plan.
- Contributes to the success for the hotel as a whole by communicating with other departments and always maintaining a position of a natural leader, even with other departments.
- Generates new revenue by offering suggestions and ideas for improvements.
- Responsible for the department’s operational efficiency managing the departmental budget in its entirety
- Meets specified targets in the budget.
- Ensures productivity by managing the labour budget.
- Manages the ordering process for all other supplies.
- Manages the vendors to maintain costs within the budget.
- Plays an active role and works with the Hotel Manager and Accounting team throughout the budget process.
- Ensures cash handling processes are adhered to and invoices are processed.
- Maintains custody and responsibility of the cash floats and liquor inventory.
- Provides facilities management through ensuring furniture, fixtures, equipment and the banquet rooms are well maintained and clean portraying the quality of our product.
- Provides facilities management through ensuring furniture, fixtures, equipment and the front office areas are well maintained and clean portraying the quality of our product.
- Responsible for Inventory management and control.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- High School Diploma required, certified post secondary education in hospitality is preferred
- 2 years management experience
- 3 years conference/ event/ banquet services experience
- Strong computer literacy with MS Office
- AGLC Proserve Certification
- Alcohol knowledge and inventory control experience
- Passion for Guest Service
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Takes ownership of duties, shows initiative and is proactive
- Strategic thinker with a strong focus on goals, setting priorities and time management
- Team player
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Possess good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, must be willing to work mostly evenings as well as weekends and holidays based on the business needs
- Must be able to spend entire shifts either on their feet or walking
Indeed - 13 months ago