DELTA BINGO Employee Reviews

fun place to work, fast paced environment at times
Runner/Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2015
come to work, sign in, get my cards that i'm gonna sell for the session, check then to make sure they're the right amount, find a station if im assigned to one before the game starts, to either sell books, cards, machines, 8balls or just walk around the floor selling card, when the game starts, i sell cards, call back winning bingos, pay winners and clear tables,
Pros
free coffee, great tips
Cons
long hrs, min wage
Horrible working environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2014
Delta Bingo has great people to work with, but the management they have now is horrible. The general manager doesn't care about the employees, he is constantly too busy to deal with problems that have occurred, and he has a horrible attitude towards customers and employeed. i would not recommend working there ever again if the general manager is still there.
I had worked there for over 3 years and i only got "promoted" once. My promotion only involved a change of name from general employee to supervisor. Never onvce did I receive a pay raise for anything I did that was above and beyond the typical work roles.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
General Manager
Comfortable & relaxing place to work
Snack Bar Employee (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2014
There was always a consistent work flow which I enjoy. Majority of my managers and other co-workers were amazing people to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with regular customers who where always unpleasant/rude/ignorant. The best part of this job was working with so many familiar faces and getting to build a relationship with customers.
Pros
Good hours, flexible, consistent
Cons
Boring
comfortable workplace with great employees
Work Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 May 2014
A typical day for a maintenance person is a lot of cleaning and lifting. I learned how to use a compactor. The management are very good and are interpersonal. The co-workers are very friendly and people-oriented. The hardest part of the job is emptying the garbage bins. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free lunch.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes fatiguing
just a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2014
a typical day was to go into work and serve bingo players various types of food and beverages. I learned that bingo players drink a lot of coffee. the management was not very supportive. some co-workers did their part while other didn't. hardest part of the job was picking up the slack from other employees. the most enjoyable part of the job to be honest was when the shift ended.
Sometimes frustrating But still a great place to work
Manager/bingo caller (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 March 2014
I loved going to work everyday. The Managers and fellow employees were great. The atmosphere was relaxed and very friendly. For the most part our customers became an extended family to us.
Pros
the workers and customers
Cons
It closed
Interesting laid back enviormnet
Runner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2014
Working at Delta was interesting to say the least. Management was good on a good day. Minimum wage with no benefits but some perks. Great place to make money but not to live off of for the rest of your life.
Pros
discount on foods and tip out
Delta Bingo
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON31 July 2012
Lottery sales, and neveda ticket sales. Provided great customer service daily. Worked in a fast pace environment, and worked as a team.