Do you want to contribute to a new generation of clean energy products that power electric drive vehicles and industrial machines around the world?
Delta-Q Technologies is recruiting for the position of Systems Test Engineer II. In this role, you would be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining software test activities.
Delta-Q Technologies develops and supplies battery chargers to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of electric vehicles and industrial equipment. Delta-Q’s unique blend of engineering capability in high efficiency power electronics and embedded software design delivers innovative battery charging solutions to meet the evolving needs of its customers. With over one million vehicles and industrial machines already using its products, Delta-Q’s innovation is enabling the widespread adoption of environmentally friendly electric drive systems. Delta-Q was founded in 1999 and is a privately held company located in Vancouver, Canada. Find out more about our company on www.Delta-Q.com.
Apply today to join Delta-Q—a company with a dynamic culture that embraces honesty, integrity, perseverance and innovation.
The Systems Test Engineer will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team focusing on embedded, charger profile and PC software testing. This position will involve creating test cases, executing tests, creating test reports and automating test cases. An enthusiastic team player with an eye for detail and shared interest in alternative transportation methods, electric vehicles and clean solution technologies is the ideal candidate for this role.
- Write and design test plans to perform testing to meet coverage targets
- Write and design test scripts
- Create and maintain regression test cases for existing and new products
- Participate in requirement and test case reviews
- Execute functional tests and create test reports
- Look for ways to increase test automation
- Build, fabricate and maintain test system
- Source, procure and purchase equipment and components required to fabricate and maintain test systems
- Participate in Delta-Q’s PRR (problem resolution report) process
- Find ways to improve process and procedure
- Ensure that testing work is performed safety and that the test labs 5S policy is maintained
- Assist others in locating information
- Use existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems; receive instruction, guidance and direction from others
- Identify ways to modify or simplify work methods, improving quality of work and timelines
- Work within different functional units to support broader testing/fabrication plans
Qualified Candidates Should Possess
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in electrical engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent knowledge and expertise gained through work experiences
- Basic skill level with LabVIEW with experience communicating with external equipment
- Knowledge of at least 1 programming language to be able to write small test programs
- Keen interest in continuously expanding knowledge in testing methodology
- Ability to understand hardware component data sheets and basic schematics
- General maintenance and ‘handyman’ skills
- Proficient in operating lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, data acquisition units, electronic loads, power supplies, AC sources
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and in a team
- Occasional travel may be required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English
Reporting to: Manager, Software Engineering
To submit your application on-line, please click on the following link https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=9837551 and include your cover letter and resume as one document.
Challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an outstanding location make Delta-Q a great place to be. For more information about Delta-Q Technologies and current career opportunities please visit us at www.delta-q.com.