Do you want to contribute to a new generation of industrial battery chargers that power electric drive vehicles and industrial machines around the world?
Delta-Q Technologies is recruiting for the position of Mechanical Engineer. In this role, you would be responsible for the design and delivery of Delta-Q products. This position is important to Delta-Q as it ensures we continue to provide high quality products to our customers.
Delta-Q Technologies develops and supplies battery chargers to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of electric vehicles and industrial equipment. Delta-Q’s unique blend of engineering capability in high efficiency power electronics and embedded software design delivers innovative battery charging solutions to meet the evolving needs of its customers. With over one million vehicles and industrial machines already using its products, Delta-Q’s innovation is enabling the widespread adoption of environmentally friendly electric drive systems. Delta-Q was founded in 1999 and is a privately held company located in Vancouver, Canada. Find out more about our company on www.Delta-Q.com.
Apply today to join Delta-Q—a company with a dynamic culture that embraces honesty, integrity, perseverance and innovation.
This candidate will participate in the design and delivery of high quality, cost-effective Delta-Q products and is expected to provide innovative solutions in the development of those products to meet reliability, performance, cost and delivery targets. Responsibilities include development of initial concepts including, packaging of connectors and hardware components, sealing strategy, evaluating thermal performance, incorporating DFM requirements and keeping scalability and future proofing in mind.
- Initiate and develop mechanical design concepts for power electronics products to meet defined environmental and customer/internal requirements
- Perform feasibility studies, cost analyses and simulations as required to assess the technical and economic viability of the concepts
- Perform detailed design of mechanical enclosures, sub components and wiring harnesses evolving them into a prototype or production ready product
- Consider DFM in all areas with a view to creating a high volume, high yield product while maintaining reliability
- Use analysis and /or simulation to evaluate design options to meet performance, reliability and regulatory criteria
- Create heat-sink fin designs using hand calculations and FlowWorks to determine product performance and optimize design
- Use Solid Works to prepare 3D models and component drawings while adhering to precedent and recognized methods
- Interface with departments such as hardware and software in all areas where function/performance interacts or assembly is concerned
- Create tolerance stacks to determine the product can be assembled and will perform as intended when produced in high volume with all variations considered
- Liaise with suppliers and customers to work through design issues
- Be hands on with regard to building prototypes and fault finding
- Manage mechanical change by providing the necessary documentation for ECRs & ECOs etc.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent a minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant design experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably in a high volume manufacturing environment)
- Must be experienced in using SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills are required to function appropriately in a team environment.
- Familiar with GD&T drawing practices
- Must have knowledge of die-casting, metal forming and injection molding processes and their requirements
- Must have knowledge of enclosure materials used in the electronics industry and their pros/cons
- Knowledge of engineering principles in statics, strength of materials, knowledge of heat transfer and thermal dynamics an asset
- Good problem solving skills and be able to think through concepts quickly in the initial concept stage
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes and the associated design requirements is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of automotive environmental testing and the associated design requirements is an asset
Reporting to: Mechanical Engineering Team Lead
To submit your application on-line, please click on the following link https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=6508931 and include your cover letter and resume as one document.
Challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an outstanding location make Delta-Q a great place to be. For more information about Delta-Q Technologies and current career opportunities please visit us at www.delta-q.com.