Do you want to contribute to a new generation of industrial battery chargers that power electric drive vehicles and industrial machines around the world?
Delta-Q Technologies is recruiting for the position of Quality Manager. In this role, you would be responsible for coordinating activities to meet quality standards. This position is important to Delta-Q because maintaining a high level of quality ensures customers are satisfied with our products.
Delta-Q Technologies develops and supplies battery chargers to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of electric vehicles and industrial equipment. Delta-Q’s unique blend of engineering capability in high efficiency power electronics and embedded software design delivers innovative battery charging solutions to meet the evolving needs of its customers. With nearly a million vehicles and industrial machines already using its products, Delta-Q’s innovation is enabling the widespread adoption of environmentally friendly electric drive systems. Delta-Q was founded in 1999 and is a privately held company located in Vancouver, Canada. Find out more about our company on www.Delta-Q.com.
Apply today to join Delta-Q—a company with a dynamic culture that embraces honesty, integrity, perseverance and innovation.
Reporting to the CEO, the Corporate Quality Manager is responsible for managing the organization’s quality assurance policies and for ensuring that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. The Corporate Quality Manager will establish performance standards, procedures and controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and bottom line performance of company operations.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of company and organization Quality Assurance policies and procedures
- Coordinates ISO 9000 activities through the company to ensure compliance, while evaluating and promoting best practices to meet internal and external quality expectations
- Establishes, maintains and publishes Company Quality Metrics in accordance with internal plant quality objectives, group continuous improvement targets and corporate quality metrics, integrating metrics into company culture through training, facilitation and behavior
- Responsible for deployment of Advance Quality Planning tools, including qualification of new products and process
- Develops and implements Quality Plans, Inspection plans and Test plans, developing and communicating PPAP process through customer approval and internal review and acceptance
- Manages the warranty and customer complaint process including application of group warranty policies and financial decisions
- Responsible for leading and facilitating the Corrective Action Process, coordinating activities pertaining to customer complaints, internal non-conformances and supplier rejections through structured problem solving, containment actions, facilitation of improvement plans, and verification of closure and effectiveness, ensuring communication to appropriate organizations, including customers
- Provides oversight of manufacturing quality, product quality and R&D engineering quality by providing independent audit
- Promotes quality performance and improvement throughout the organization
- Sets Quality compliance objectives and ensures that targets are achieved
- Maintains awareness of the business strategic objectives and company profitability
- Ensures that departmental and individual goals map to organizational strategic objectives
- Ensures compliance with customer requirements and national or international standards
- Develops and maintains the quality management system
- Submits data to customers to ensure production part approval
- Analyses performance data for products and processes
- Liaises with customers regarding quality issues and represents the Delta-Q Quality function during on-site customer visits
- Manages company quality staff to ensure requirements and competency are achieved
- Defines critical quality indicators to meet customer requirements
- Provides coaching to all departments in relation to quality
Qualified Candidates Should Possess
- Post-secondary education in a engineering or science discipline combined with minimum of 10 years of experience in Quality in an electronics manufacturing environment
- A minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role in Quality
- Expert knowledge of QMS standards (ISO9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001, ISO 17025)
- Expert knowledge of quality auditing (internal and external)
- Extensive knowledge of problem solving methodologies (8D, 5Y, Ishikawa)
- Extensive knowledge of APQP (Control Plans, FMEA, Quality Plans)
- Extensive knowledge of statistical process control and measurement system analysis
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies (5S, value stream, kaizen, gemba, muda)
- Certified principal or lead QMS auditor (ASQ, RABQSA, or IRCA)
- Good organizational, time management and computer skills
- ASQ certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence is an asset
To submit your application on-line, please click on the following link https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=5460781 and upload your cover letter and resume as one document.
Challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an outstanding location make Delta-Q a great place to be. For more information about Delta-Q Technologies and current career opportunities please visit us at www.delta-q.com.
Indeed - 16 months ago