Do you want to contribute to a new generation of industrial battery chargers that power electric drive vehicles and industrial machines around the world?
Delta-Q Technologies is recruiting for the position of Battery Test Technician. In this role, you would be responsible for working with software engineers to perform daily testing of vehicle batteries in support of research and development activities.
Delta-Q Technologies develops and supplies battery chargers to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of electric vehicles and industrial equipment. Delta-Q’s unique blend of engineering capability in high efficiency power electronics and embedded software design delivers innovative battery charging solutions to meet the evolving needs of its customers. With nearly a million vehicles and industrial machines already using its products, Delta-Q’s innovation is enabling the widespread adoption of environmentally friendly electric drive systems. Delta-Q was founded in 1999 and is a privately held company located in Vancouver, Canada. Find out more about our company on www.Delta-Q.com.
Apply today to join Delta-Q—a company with a dynamic culture that embraces honesty, integrity, perseverance and innovation.
The battery test technician will work with software engineers to perform daily battery testing. This individual needs to be an enthusiastic team player, self-starter, and detail oriented. Ideally, the individual shares an interest in alternative transportation methods, electric vehicles and clean solution technologies.
- Execute battery-charging tests on lead acid batteries: start and stop charge and discharge cycles
- Measure and record battery mass and specific gravity periodically
- Collect logged test data and work with Microsoft Excel and other tools for test data analysis
- Work with power supplies, electronic load machines, and high-current interconnection systems
- Perform instrument test setups which include connecting individual battery into a battery pack, connecting data logging equipment to the battery pack, making wiring harnesses when necessary
- Perform battery and test setup maintenance
- Implement and build improved battery testing systems
- Involves the occasional lifting of batteries weighing up to 100 lbs.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess
- A high school diploma with technical vocational training in electronics or a relevant discipline
- Ability to operate basic lab equipment such as data acquisition units, electronic loads and power supplies
- Experience with MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision when required
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Able to lift weights up to 100 lbs.
- Work experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment would be an asset
- Familiarity with soldering and warehouse equipment, such as pallet jacks, is an asset
- Able to interpret simple schematics and prior experience with lead acid batteries is also an asset
Reporting to: Manager, Software Engineering
This position reports to the Manager, Software Engineering, who has been with Delta-Q for 2 years. He holds a Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering and focuses on strategic projects that will meet the future needs of our customers. In this role, you will learn a tremendous amount about electric drive vehicles, power electronics and battery chargers!
To submit your application on-line, please click on the following link https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=4206401 and include your cover letter and resume as one document.
Challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an outstanding location make Delta-Q a great place to be. For more information about Delta-Q Technologies and current career opportunities please visit us at www.delta-q.com.