Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loved working for Deloitte China
Auditor (intern) (Former Employee), 北京市, C22January 10, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Very good place to work, typical day at work included talking to clients and related interest groups

Learned a lot about auditing especially special audit which included liquidation report

management was wonderful, they were professional and trusted their employees to make the right choice

Co-workers were extremely friendly, often ate lunch together and participated in group events

hardest part of the job was sometimes the hours was long, during some audits there were considerably amount of over time and requiring its employees to stay very late

the most enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers as a team and deal with problems and situations together
Excellent Company
Functional Lead and SME (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJanuary 10, 2015
Great work culture. Very good managers. Good learning opportunities
Fun environment
Recruiter (Former Employee), IndiaJanuary 10, 2015
Provides an opportunity to work on your idea. being creative
Fast Paced, Amazing Growth Potential
Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2015
If you know what you want to do and have a road map in place, Deloitte will work with you to achieve those goals.
Great work life Balance
Financial Account Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 7, 2015
I have learnt a lot at Deloitte. Great co-workers. Mentoring junior resources is my best part of the job. Also facing and achieving different issue is something I enjoy the best.
Lovely company to work at but rather bureaucratic work environment
Assistant Audit Manager (Former Employee), SingaporeJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: friendly audit directors and partners
Cons: some very terrible bureaucracy and work culture
The management especially the audit partners, directors and most senior managers are a great help. Unfortunately, there are a couple of really bad apples at the management level, these managers unfortunately will make a busy audit period rather miserable.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with tight deadlines and demanding managers with poor communication skills. The best way to deal with it is try to communicate with them as much as possible even if they are not available in person or do not respond.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that senior management appreciates your work and recognised that the job is tough.
Challenging and rewarding
Audit Associate [Graduate Scheme] (Former Employee), BirminghamJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: socials, work drinks, work parties, supportive working environment, friendly, unique experiences
Cons: exams and working, a lot of tight deadlines
No day at Deloitte is the same. There were various clients and teams to work with regularly.

At Deloitte, I learnt to be so much more independent and that working hard gets you a long way. I learnt to use my initiative more as well as following by example and reliable role models.

My co-workers were very cooperative and everyone go on very well together, it was like one big family. This is something I really appreciated as it was a very supportive working environment.

The hardest part of the job was revising for ACA exams whilst working. This was particularly hard as working hours were long. Plenty of support was offered throughout the process.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know everyone and mingling with seniors within the firm. This provided me with an insight into the working lives of others and how others enjoy it.
Job Satisfaction and good working environment
Consultant - Oracle EBS (Former Employee), Bangalore - IndiaJanuary 6, 2015
Good platform to learn new things and explore your potential
Deloitte was a great place to work and provided me with a strong foundation in accounting due to constant training programs and on the job experience.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Deloitte was my first professional job after college. I learned a great deal during my time at Deloitte. I worked on the audit staff and had the opportunity to learn about various businesses including small business, SEC corporations, and not for profit companies. Deloitte provided constant training and provided me with a strong accounting background.
Enjoyed the reputation of the firm
ERS. Seniro Consultant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 6, 2015
Enjoyed the challenge of working in a client service environment with folks from all over the company
great
Internal Audit Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Plenty of learning opportunities. Many industries experience. Company supportive in continuing education.
rty
Associate Level 3 for Pre-Existing Insurance Plan (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 5, 2015
deloitte is an excellent career option for those wishing to work in a large firm. Positions are contracted. Be careful of contract constrictions. Clients are often friendly, but reluctant to take on new strategies.
High stress environment without much reward
Tax Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: lots of busy season snacks
Cons: long hours
My day varies from day-to-day based on what needs to be done for the engagements that I have been assigned. Work mainly consists of preparing workpapers to calculate taxable income and using these workpapers to complete tax returns for clients. I am also involved in the monthly reporting process of partner income allocations, along with monthly billing analysis in order to create billing invoices. My main clients relate to private equity, fund of funds, and real estate.

I learned a lot about time management through handling various engagements and completing work in order to meet tight deadlines. I have also gained knowledge relating to partnership taxation and individual tax laws.

The hardest part of the job was trying to balance my work and personal life. It's pretty much a black-out period during busy season, and depending on what types of clients you are assigned, busy season could last for more than half the year. There isn't much time to attend personal matters and most of the time, you'll have to cancel on any social plans.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the free food that was offered. That's pretty much what got me through busy season.
Top Notch Consultancy
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great learning environment, very sharp people, strong culture
Cons: ambiguious direction, mixed messaging, shifting priorities, very demanding, lack of work/life balance
Very driven and professional environment. World class consultancy that sets the standard for the industry. Great people who are sharp, motivated, and personable. Can be a very demanding workplace on your time and effort, which is not always acknowledged or reflected due to the pace and culture of expectation.
average
Financial Services Consulting Analyst (Current Employee), LondonJanuary 5, 2015
salary and benefits are the main draw back.
the work isn't always interesting either.
Low benefit payment, one-sided communication, bad job security
Consultant (Current Employee), SingaporeJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: high learning curve
Cons: job insecurity
Very talented co-workers
High learning curve including leadership and project management
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can expect a lot of changes such as location, bosses, and tasks

Bad side is management. Low promotion prospects and low payment. Job insecurity especially for foreigners. One-sided communication from management and too much focus on cost cutting only
Worklife Fit
Senior Analyst- HR Recruiments (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJanuary 5, 2015
It is great place to work, with the work culture being extremely good and management maintaining transpency in most of the activities.
Apart from work, emphasis is on the learning new skills like MS excel which helps in your career growth.
Tax Manager (Current Employee), Malmo, SwedenJanuary 3, 2015
The typical day is filled with emails and meetings and doing your best to squeze in actual work in between, i.e. the advice and compliance. Workhours are pretty good, generally 8 to 5.30 pm but long busy season in Sweden (2-3 months) when hours increase and the odd weekend has to be sacrificed.
Work ethics and dedication are fantastic and overall a great place to work, mainly due to the close colleagues.
Work hard party hard
Technology Consultant (Associate Product Manager) (Current Employee), PAJanuary 3, 2015
Fun place to work in public sector
decent management
decent work life balance
The hardest part of the job
Senior Audit (Former Employee), Caracas, VenezuelaJanuary 1, 2015
The most difficult at Deloite is work under presion, you have to work with different team works in different projects at the same time and is extreamly important the way how you managament your time.

About Deloitte

Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single – Read more