Deloitte Employee Reviews

Average
Senior Word Processor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 13, 2015
Co-workers are very nice, management and so forth. Overall the company doesn't value the loyalty and experience of their employees. Many people have left for other jobs in other company.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
No recognition where it is due
Great company to work for, many perks
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 13, 2012
Enjoyed working for Deloitte, I was able to gain a lot of valuable knowledge in many administrative tasks as well as financial and accounting. Worked with a very diverse and big group of people. The company treated its employees well and offered incentives for a job well done.
Pros
work/life balance, good pay, room for advancement
Cons
managers changed frequently
Nice office and lifestyle
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMarch 24, 2014
Nice people, quite office in Marketing, no real personality for a marketing team which is rare in this area. The office is beautiful and they have great benefits, just boring. But for a lifestyle with children in the picture you can go home by 6pm.
Pros
nice office, professional, benefits
Cons
boring, no real culture or unity. everyone to them selves in back office, not the same in the services.
Know what to expect
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 4, 2014
Getting your CPA designation is supposed to be tough but an opportunity to prove yourself. Deloitte has a wealth of clients that keeps employees super busy and on the go. Don't go in expecting 40 hour weeks and great pay, but expect to go in and work hard, learn a lot and meet great people.
Pros
systematic annual promotions
Cons
long hours, low starting salary, minimal scheduling flexibility
Event and Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 3, 2015
Good Company and very smart people and lots of room for advancement. Very long hours.
Very well managed company. Ok benefits.
Good learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2011
Excellent learning experience within a culture that is demanding and glacial. Scholarly communication skills in this formal corporate setting are essential when dealing with eminent leadership.
Pros
camaraderie between peers, aquisition of new skills
Cons
leadership can be glacial and non supportive, extremely long hours, lack of work life balance
Awesome learning experience with nice people!
Tax Preparer, T/B auditor, Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 4, 2014
I am an intern there, so there is no pay, but I thoroughly enjoy the work, the processes they have, the people, the leaders and managers are all very nice. I enjoyed learning as much as I have and can't wait to get into a real job and show what I have learned.
Pros
wacky wednesday - free food
Cons
internship = free labour
Team Bulding Activity
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
I used to prioritize the day task by starting the online conference with development team in India to discuss the project development and then having meeting with testing team to assign them the task and update on testing progress. As a QA I was always involved in the project development meeting and it make me to complete my task as testing in certain duration and also to update on test cases if some thing came on change as short duration.

The most Important thing i learned was Team building and Management skill.

It was great team which always help and support. As a QA team member use to coordinate the meeting for our QA team to discuss the testing process and assign them a task including myself. I closely worked with Business analyst team and project manager which helps me to make understand the Business process.
Great working culture, and talented co-workers
Technology Project Manager/Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 18, 2013
Offers a multitude of work experience at all levels. Learned a lot about clients and the consulting business. Developed a strong client facing background and good core consulting skills.
Pros
talented co-workers, lots of choice of work experience
Cons
long hours, work life balance suffers
Excellent work place with inernational clients.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Excellent work place with international clients. Working with top rated consultants and cutting edge technology. Excellent work place with international clients. World leader in providing BI solutions.
Good Company with good work culture
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2013
Deloitte is a brand name with good working culture. I learned how to work efficiently under pressure & also to priorities work. My lead & managers were good and helping people. The hardest part of the job was to meet the deadlines under much pressure from the client.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
long working hours
At Deloitte I have learnt significantly about internal controls, audit of public companies, and teamwork
Audit Senior (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 21, 2012
Deloitte has provided me a great opportunity to apply my past knowledge and learn from new issues in the engagement. My mangerrial skills has signficantly imporved as we were a team of 20 auditors.
Pros
great working experience
Cons
Great place to develop skills and your brand
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 18, 2013
- Great place to develop skills
- Ability to work with people who are thought leaders
- Exposure to large scale business problems and solutions
- Great brand that is respected by industry
Pros
build an amazing array of skills, talented people
Cons
work life balance is very tough with families
A company with good standards. Too stratified.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
I enjoyed this position very much. I dealt with internal clients from around the world, arranging travel and events.

I had the opportunity to write articles for an international magazine.

The person I assisted was a micro-manager and that was extremely annoying. Partners have a lot of power, they are like mini-gods.

You are expected to be perfect in every way. Mistakes are not tolerated. There is a culture of super-achievers and a lot of the professional staff are engineering grads. Extreme attention to detail is the norm.

I loved my co-workers. We cooperated very well on projects that involved our various heads of departments.

I left this company to travel abroad and when I returned and tried to contact them concerning references, they never returned any of my calls.
Pros
clear employment practice standards
Cons
vague execution of those standards below certain levels
Sr. Admin Asst
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 13, 2012
-Edit engagement letters, transmittal letters and board reports using Microsoft Word.
-Prepare client invoices and process accounting write offs using Microsoft Excel.
-Perform filing and clerical duties as well as process expense claims.
Pros
learning lots of new skiils
Great benefits, Professional environment
Portfolio Management Intern (Former Employee) –  TorontoDecember 17, 2013
The time spent at Deloitte was an incredible learning experience. I was lucky enough to be paired with an amazing coach and manager. Very results-oriented environment. Work life balance will highly depend on the role you play in the company.
Good place to build soft skills
Senior Consultant Strategy & Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2015
You will have the opportunity to learn many soft skills (project management, report writing, research, presentations) that will prove useful anywhere else in your country.
Productive and comforting place to work
Office Assistant- Business Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2014
Typical day would include assisting others in the office with daily duties. Duties included Mail, Reproduction, Filing, Catering and Data Entry. I have enjoyed every aspect of my position here including co-workers.
Work-Life Balance & Flexible schedule
eDiscovery Lawyer, Legal Project Solutions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Working as a part-time eDiscovery lawyer has many benefits, as you are able to design your own schedule to accommodate other opportunities, volunteering and personal commitments.
fly every week
Intern analyst (Former Employee) –  analystMay 5, 2015
fly every week, cause the projects are in different cities and always far away from you home, working as a consultant is a man in the air