Deloitte Employee Reviews in Canada

A company with good standards. Too stratified.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
I enjoyed this position very much. I dealt with internal clients from around the world, arranging travel and events.

I had the opportunity to write articles for an international magazine.

The person I assisted was a micro-manager and that was extremely annoying. Partners have a lot of power, they are like mini-gods.

You are expected to be perfect in every way. Mistakes are not tolerated. There is a culture of super-achievers and a lot of the professional staff are engineering grads. Extreme attention to detail is the norm.

I loved my co-workers. We cooperated very well on projects that involved our various heads of departments.

I left this company to travel abroad and when I returned and tried to contact them concerning references, they never returned any of my calls.
Pros
clear employment practice standards
Cons
vague execution of those standards below certain levels
Great place to develop skills and your brand
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 18, 2013
- Great place to develop skills
- Ability to work with people who are thought leaders
- Exposure to large scale business problems and solutions
- Great brand that is respected by industry
Pros
build an amazing array of skills, talented people
Cons
work life balance is very tough with families
Great working culture, and talented co-workers
Technology Project Manager/Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 18, 2013
Offers a multitude of work experience at all levels. Learned a lot about clients and the consulting business. Developed a strong client facing background and good core consulting skills.
Pros
talented co-workers, lots of choice of work experience
Cons
long hours, work life balance suffers
Also loved this position because of the variety of different duties.
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJune 18, 2013
This position was always very busy and fast paced. I enjoy being busy with a lot of challenges throughout the day. People were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
enjoyed the workload
An excellent place to work for and where they take seriously work/life balance arrangements.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downtown, Toronto, ONMay 15, 2013
Worked extensively with Excel spreadsheets, typed several invoices and proofread documents. You learn to multi-task quickly, often with tight deadlines, in this environment while at the same time paying close attention to details. Management strives for work/life balance and co-workers are great back-up support and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is to fit everything into one day.
Pros
great benefits, great people.
Cons
pressure to complete large volume of work on a timely basis.
Great Staff!
Technology Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2013
As a new summer student during a stressful and busy time at Deloitte, staff went out of the way to make me feel welcome to ensure that I have a comfortable and warm work environment.
Good jumping board
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2013
Good brand name with lots of young people. Expect to work long hours without getting any recognition
Very disjointed
Application Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2013
There are so many inefficiencies do to the sheer size of the company. No one seems to want to improve the system as a whole, just keep their own job.
Excellent firm with great values and career opportunities
Consultant (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 8, 2013
Excellent organization, great opportunities to learn and be mentored. Cannot say enough about company culture and working environment, both are impressive. Since I work in consulting, its expected that you will not have much of a work-life balance - as most professional firms in this area will boast about how they manage work-life balance - although unlikely to provide you with such.

What stands out the most to me is the time that senior management takes out of their schedules to meet with younger professionals. A lot of time is invested at the higher levels to help cultivate and advance those in junior levels.
Team Bulding Activity
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
I used to prioritize the day task by starting the online conference with development team in India to discuss the project development and then having meeting with testing team to assign them the task and update on testing progress. As a QA I was always involved in the project development meeting and it make me to complete my task as testing in certain duration and also to update on test cases if some thing came on change as short duration.

The most Important thing i learned was Team building and Management skill.

It was great team which always help and support. As a QA team member use to coordinate the meeting for our QA team to discuss the testing process and assign them a task including myself. I closely worked with Business analyst team and project manager which helps me to make understand the Business process.
always a wonderful place to work
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
love my job at Deloitte, a typical day at work was working with my team doing all aspect of mail run courier and processing of invoice. management of two employee, my co-workers was a wonderful team love working them, hardest part of my job was balancing my work and home life which was done well, enjoyable part is going to work and work with a wonderful team
Pros
getting to partake in events like united way impact day
Cons
well i have to work long hours because of tax season and right fax hours
Great people
Senior (Current Employee) –  VancouverMarch 14, 2013
There are really great people working at the firm but very long hours during busy season. Your experience really depends on the teams and clients you are on.
Was enjoyable environment to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  SaskatoonFebruary 15, 2013
I enjoyed working at Deloitte and made a lot of friends and learnt a lot about the work place. I was in Customer Service so dealt with a lot of customer queries and complaints, I processed tickets, filing, emailing, data entry and general office duties.

I had a great team that I worked with and became part of the team. the hardest part of the job was knowing all the answers but came to learn the in and outs of the questions people queried.

I enjoyed dealing with customers and pride my self on my customer skills.
Pros
was busy all the time
Cons
was not a full time position
Priductive and Engaging place to work, with the added benefit of slushies
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
A typical day at work finds me learning something new everyday, being quick to resolve issues and being very organized. The people a Deloitte are very dedicated and work hard and play hard. The hardest part of the job is finding work/life balance due to the nature of the practice. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new procedures, processes and meeting a variety of people.
a good place to work
Lead Developer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Good compensation and opportunities. Normal working hours yet flexible to meet the needs of employees. Great colleagues to work with, with opportunity for collaboration and cross platform knowledge transfer.
Learned how to be resourceful and meet tight deadlines
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  MontrealDecember 20, 2012
Overall, the experience was pleasant and working at Deloitte taught me how to be resourceful and independent. In addition, meeting deadlines and working long hours was common.
a very good company for working
Payroll administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Deloitte is a very good company and I learned a lot from there. The co-workers are very good also
Great company to work for, many perks
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 13, 2012
Enjoyed working for Deloitte, I was able to gain a lot of valuable knowledge in many administrative tasks as well as financial and accounting. Worked with a very diverse and big group of people. The company treated its employees well and offered incentives for a job well done.
Pros
work/life balance, good pay, room for advancement
Cons
managers changed frequently
Best job I've had to date!
Tax Validator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJuly 21, 2012
I am a CA student and I enjoyed a 4 month contract with Deloitte and it exceeded my expectations in every way.

I hope to once again be an employee of Deloitte in the near future while doing my CA!
Pros
great work atmosphere, unparalleled
• IFRS, US GAAP/SEC, and Canadian GAAP expert ;
Senior Manager, Assurance Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2012
• IFRS, US GAAP/SEC, and Canadian GAAP expert ;
• Global Business Experience;
• International expert in External Audit (USGAAS, ISA & CAS), Internal Audit, Compliance and Enterprise risk management systems(ERM);
• COSO Framework: control environment, risk assessment, control activities, and monitoring;
• SOX 404:design of risks areas and key controls