Deloitte Employee Reviews

Work hard and play hard
Co-op Placement (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 March 2016
First Choice was a great start to working in the hair styling field. It gave me some experience that I think I can bring to my upcoming job field. Such as answering phones, helping clients with information and also my communication skills.
A company with good standards. Too stratified.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario4 July 2013
I enjoyed this position very much. I dealt with internal clients from around the world, arranging travel and events.

I had the opportunity to write articles for an international magazine.

The person I assisted was a micro-manager and that was extremely annoying. Partners have a lot of power, they are like mini-gods.

You are expected to be perfect in every way. Mistakes are not tolerated. There is a culture of super-achievers and a lot of the professional staff are engineering grads. Extreme attention to detail is the norm.

I loved my co-workers. We cooperated very well on projects that involved our various heads of departments.

I left this company to travel abroad and when I returned and tried to contact them concerning references, they never returned any of my calls.
Pros
Clear employment practice standards
Cons
Vague execution of those standards below certain levels
Diverse learning, learning and growth and cross knowledge available for learning and advancement
SR. INSOLVENCY COUNSELOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta14 October 2015
Everyday was new and exciting and never was there one day like the other. Run client reports and reviewing creditors and preparing for counselling or first meet with debtors.
It is very difficult to put in such a small space what has been learned. Professionally growing within the insolvency community, understanding of Income tax, Personal Property Security, Family Law Acts, etc. Psychologically understanding human nature and how to reach beyond that to build trust.
My co-workers (whom most have moved on) were wonderful to work with and made each day a joy and excitement to come into the office each day.
The hardest part of the job was telling debtors that the creditors had rejected the proposal and finding alternatives if that an option for their circumstance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that you saw how you were able to create hope and peace in their lives, help mend the broken pieces of their lives.
Pros
As much learning as you wanted
Cons
corporate politics
Very good work environment
Administration/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2015
Its a very demanding day but fun its very multitasking all day long with speed and time management all day long.How important time and multitasking can be,my co-workers are friendly and a team player , ending the day without completing all my days work , enjoyable pat of the job is going to work and making the customers happy and see my co-working ,
Pros
lots of free goodies
Cons
reasonable hours
Great company to work for, many perks
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 August 2012
Enjoyed working for Deloitte, I was able to gain a lot of valuable knowledge in many administrative tasks as well as financial and accounting. Worked with a very diverse and big group of people. The company treated its employees well and offered incentives for a job well done.
Pros
work/life balance, good pay, room for advancement
Cons
managers changed frequently
Profile Summary
Solution Advisor- Cyber Risk (Current Employee) –  Delhi29 July 2015
Sumit has Five(5) years of increasingly responsible experience in Information Security with solid background in Cyber Security and risk management. He has worked with clients in the Retail Sector, Banking & Financial Sector and Telecom Industry. So far he has worked on multiple domains, including IT Security, Risk management, IT Risk Assessment, Cyber Threat Analysis, Third party security gap analysis as a part of business continuity and disaster recovery planning, Compliance management (ISO 27001 & PCI-DSS), Internal Audits, SIEM Technology and IDS/IPS Platform checks.
Work Life Balance
Audit Senior, Assurance Services (Former Employee) –  Bahrain9 July 2015
It was my first international audit experience in Big4. The good part of the job was to see and learn the culture and work of versatile external audit clients. Co-workers were friendly and the perfect part was the work life balance, which is very hard to find in Assurance services.
Pros
Work life balance and friendly environment
Constant change and poor morale
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
Due to high turnover, constantly changing policies and and ever-increasing workload, the employees are Deloitte are left with poor morale and exhaustion.
Work hard / play hard
Auditeur adjoint (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC11 November 2015
My tasks consisted to analyse process and verify controls, and participate to the external audit of the clients.
The team is young, professionnal and performant.It's a really stimulating environnement to learn.
The job is really demanding, we work long hours, but we learn a lot.
High productivity, extremely fast-paced environment
Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2014
- Work environment to the likes of an investment bank (management structure, work hours, fast-paced)
- Managed various capital markets transactions including M&A, divestitures, debt restructuring
- Team was incredibly helpful with creating a well-rounded learning experience
Pros
Tasks differ every week, experienced team, lots to learn
Cons
Long hours, pay below average
Interesting Areas of Audit
Co-op terms (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2016
- Enjoyed seeing different client industries
- Always working with different people (audit team and clients)
- Enjoyed the opportunities to travel
Great staff discounts, decent management
Business Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2014
Most days were spent assisting customers or cleaning the store and stock. I learned a lot of communication skills and to be patient with customer needs. The management did a good job instilling product knowledge and desire to wear the brand in the customer. Co-workers for the most part we easy-going though some were too competitive. The hardest part of the job would be opening or closing shifts which can last well into midnight or start early in the morning. The most enjoyable aspect would be the discount on merchandise.
Team Bulding Activity
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2013
I used to prioritize the day task by starting the online conference with development team in India to discuss the project development and then having meeting with testing team to assign them the task and update on testing progress. As a QA I was always involved in the project development meeting and it make me to complete my task as testing in certain duration and also to update on test cases if some thing came on change as short duration.

The most Important thing i learned was Team building and Management skill.

It was great team which always help and support. As a QA team member use to coordinate the meeting for our QA team to discuss the testing process and assign them a task including myself. I closely worked with Business analyst team and project manager which helps me to make understand the Business process.
Great Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2014
Working for Deloitte is a great experience. You expand your technical knowledge, develop your soft skills and work with the best talents in the industry. It is not a 9-5 job and requires a lot of commitment and hard work but you develop significant experience through projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is the nature of change. There's no way you get bored or feel you are not learning.
Pros
Great learning experience, developing in all aspects and interesting job
Cons
Long hours, travelling (if you do not want to travel)
Deloitte.
Manager (Assurance & Advisory) (Former Employee) –  Canada7 December 2015
Excellent entity to work for professional growth in the early stages of career in finance, accounting and various other service lines.
Good learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2011
Excellent learning experience within a culture that is demanding and glacial. Scholarly communication skills in this formal corporate setting are essential when dealing with eminent leadership.
Pros
camaraderie between peers, aquisition of new skills
Cons
leadership can be glacial and non supportive, extremely long hours, lack of work life balance
Cooperative co-workers, and effective managers
Accounts payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 October 2015
Deloitte is a company that is like a home. The co-workers were easy to communicate with and helped each other with many tasks. Each day the work would pile but by the end it would get done due to the fast workers and supportive management.
Fast Pace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2014
Great people but not the greatest pay. Lots of room for advancement. Good reputation. No performance incentives.
Pros
Cons
little pay
Very rewarding!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 January 2016
They really help you grow professionally and establish a strong network.
Hours are long, especially during busy season but it definitely gives you a lot of experience.
Priductive and Engaging place to work, with the added benefit of slushies
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2013
A typical day at work finds me learning something new everyday, being quick to resolve issues and being very organized. The people a Deloitte are very dedicated and work hard and play hard. The hardest part of the job is finding work/life balance due to the nature of the practice. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new procedures, processes and meeting a variety of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

86%