Deloitte Employee Reviews

Fast paced and challenging!
Senior Manager, Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2016
The firm provided me with many opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. I had the pleasure of working with a very talented group of people who made coming to work each day enjoyable.
Pros
Opportunities for professional development
Great opportunities to learn
Tax lawyer (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam14 August 2016
I liked the ability to work in different service lines which gave me the opportunity to gain experience in different fields and to work with different teams.
Pros
Training opportunities
Great
Business Analyst, Human Capital Consulting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2016
Great place to work and start a career. Exposure to lots of different work situations at a young age. Great culture and comraderie within the team and leaders are approachable.
Worst place ever you may work in
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
Very bad working environment without any working ethics.
No respect except for white males and the culture of drinking and swearing all around the place. Females suffer a lot!
Pros
Nice coffee machine
Cons
Bad working environment especially for non-white cultures and racism against females
Great place to develop into a professional
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2016
Despite the long hours and no overtime pay, this was an great environment for me to train and develop as a professional. Your usually fairly close with your co-workers and you learn a tremendous amount during busy seasons.
Productive and Proactive Environment
Information Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2016
Being here instead of my country backhome I have learned that you need to have feed of growth, meaning that being proactive is your neccessity of being more, of having critical thinking, on being a fast lerner, on bein interest on known the company's goals.
Once you have all that information in mind, you are able to do the puzzle of your career line having your own interest but addressing and achieving clients and companies needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is deal with client, having a baseline in order to give recommendations between what you think it may suit client need and what are actually the possibilities to do so.
Pros
Being able to change from one subject to another.
Cons
Salary, and without a good management may become operational instead of consultancy
Horrible work environment!
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2016
Horrible work environment that promote competition between the teammates and not collaboration. Senior managers deal arrogantly with employees as slaves and when things does not work well because of their bad plan, the blaming game and pointing fingers starts . It is very hard to pass any new ideas or to be treated with respect by the senior managers! It is very hard to make friends or enjoy going to work with this bloody environment! I would never recommend this place to any one! I regret accepting the offer to work there!
Pros
good compenstation
Cons
Long hours, unexpected work over the long weekends, politics and connections are everything if you want to survive in this environment!
Great place to work - benefits and bright people
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2016
Every day is varied and you learn both intellectually and in terms of stamina that you can push yourself further. The people you work with tend to be ambitious and bright.
Many changes underway at Deloitte DMS
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2016
Deloitte ITS is undergoing a re-org, restructure, like many other firms. Buckle in, it's not clear on decisions made, nor is it transparent. Very unnerving going into the office every day, who's next.
not a bad place to work but can be toxic at times
Management Information Systems (MIS) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Collaboration with various department
Management is easy to talk with sometimes
Pros
salary not bad
??
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnitoba, MB7 July 2016
Applied to this company so many times. No luck, I assume it would be harder to get in but CPA students should at least get interviews. The way they advertised at the wine & cheese as if they welcome everyone. But as a former graduate from U of W, I didn't get to be part of the on campus hiring. So maybe CPA students like me are just doomed idk. I unsubscribed from their career notification, too hard to get into this company.
Busy schedules but enjoyable
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
Supported 3 partners and a group of Senior Manager
Need to have strong prioritizing skills
Good management team - understanding and pleasant to work with
Coworkers worked as a team
The most enjoyable moment was to assist the team members to meet their deadlines.
Dynamic environment and big company
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 June 2016
- Working with an excellent team.
- Agile environment.
- high level of skills.
- ability to learn new skills since there is a variety of projects.
- the hardest part, in my opinion, is stress.
Great open concept
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2016
Good respectful people, enjoyable work environment. Work expectations met what was described from the beginning. Only left due to moving.
Best Flexibility and Learning Environment
Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh18 June 2016
I used to know my schedule for the day at the first hour. Then work on it but in case something important came up then I kept what I was doing aside if it could wait. My team always helped me in case I was having loads f work. The hardest part of the job is juggling though multiple tasks but once you master it, then it's just a piece of cake. The fun part was always the team dinner and recreation activities.
Pros
Flexibility, Free lunch for busy season, free internet
Cons
meeting deadlines
No work/life balance at Deloitte
Manager, Learning Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2016
this is a paradox since the benefits are great (meaning allocated vacation) however, no opportunity to take them with the volume of work required to get done.
Great stepping stone for your career
Staff Accountant - Audit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2016
Great place to learn the business environment. Since the organization has various groups, it is easy to switch and learn.
Pros
Various groups to switch
Cons
Fun environment with tons of opportunity to grow and develop your skills
Social Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2016
Tons of opportunity to try new things in marketing in fusion with the human resources team to help communicate Deloitte culture to potential employees
Pros
Great Pay, Fun environment
Cons
Long Hours
Great Place to work
IT Security and Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2016
Great Place to work
Lead and maintain a comprehensive Information Security Awaraness Program. In addition, manage and coordinate effective IT Key and General Control processes that minimize risk while achieving SOX/ITGC/PCI compliance. Facilitate external audits on behalf of IT, and successfully manage internal team members through preparation and remediation activities.
Good opportunity
Staff Accountant (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2016
Extensive learning during the busy audit season of 2016. Worked with an excellent team of experienced professionals. Although there was no work life balance, as a co-op student, I learned a lot during my 4 month term

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval