Deloitte

Deloitte Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A resonably good organization
Audit Senior (Former Employee), Karachi, PakistanSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: availability of international secondments
Cons: worst hr
The job was nice but HR function is not upto mark.
The working hours were fine as we had large teams to handle the job.
The company is very serious and the workers are very friendly.
Senior Auditor (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJAugust 16, 2012
Pros: knowledge and benefits
You must be punctual and during the work day your senior will tell you what kind of tasks you should complete until the end of the day. The management is participative and is always aware about what is going on with the job. The hardest part of the job is keep focused on the tasks in order to be able to achieve the deadline and do not get late. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn from your co-workers and clients. The chance to understand different companies' environments and businesses. – less
Great company to work for, many perks
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 13, 2012
Pros: work/life balance, good pay, room for advancement
Cons: managers changed frequently
Enjoyed working for Deloitte, I was able to gain a lot of valuable knowledge in many administrative tasks as well as financial and accounting. Worked with a very diverse and big group of people. The company treated its employees well and offered incentives for a job well done.
Regional HR Programs and Operations for Asia Pacific
Regional HR Lead (Former Employee), Based in the Philippines, Singapore and MalaysiaJuly 28, 2012
Reported directly to the Regional Managing Partner – Southeast Asia. Leadership and management responsibility, overall planning, organization, development, implementation and evaluation of all HR functions including training, initiatives, policies and procedures for Southeast Asia. Took an active role in the planning, organization and implementation – more... of the HR Shared Services for the whole of Southeast Asia.Based in Singapore and later Malaysia when the Shared Services team moved to Kuala Lumpur.

• Responsible for the design (localizing in Asian context), development, implementation and management of critical HR initiatives:
o Compensation and Benefits programs
o Consulting Career Continuum (C3) – Deloitte’s Career Development Program / Performance Management system
o People Commitment survey
o Global internet / intranet
o SAP HR
o Upward Feedback
o Alumni Program
• Helped developed the design at the same time facilitates the following programs:
o Career and Performance Counseling in East Asia
o Deloitte Difference, the Firm’s new employee orientation program across Asia Pacific
o Behavioral Event Interviewing in Southeast Asia
o Managing Change and Handling Resistance in Southeast Asia – less
Best job I've had to date!
Tax Validator (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 21, 2012
Pros: great work atmosphere, unparalleled
Cons: long hours
I am a CA student and I enjoyed a 4 month contract with Deloitte and it exceeded my expectations in every way.

I hope to once again be an employee of Deloitte in the near future while doing my CA!
• IFRS, US GAAP/SEC, and Canadian GAAP expert ;
Senior Manager, Assurance Services (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2012
• IFRS, US GAAP/SEC, and Canadian GAAP expert ;
• Global Business Experience;
• International expert in External Audit (USGAAS, ISA & CAS), Internal Audit, Compliance and Enterprise risk management systems(ERM);
• COSO Framework: control environment, risk assessment, control activities, and monitoring;
• SOX 404:design of risks areas and key controls
 – more... Large -scale of project management experience; and
• Staff Training and Development – less
Assistant Manager-Infrastructure Advisory (Former Employee), Vadodara, GJJuly 7, 2012
Pros: brand value
Cons: long hours
Engaged for a mandate in which we were advising Civil Ministry of Government on Accrual Accounting.

Learnt about accounting standards applicable to the Public sector and policies followed in developed countries.

Mandate was discontinued due to lack of decision making and higher levels.
Sr. Admin Asst
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 13, 2012
Pros: learning lots of new skiils
Cons: long hours
-Edit engagement letters, transmittal letters and board reports using Microsoft Word.
-Prepare client invoices and process accounting write offs using Microsoft Excel.
-Perform filing and clerical duties as well as process expense claims.
At Deloitte I have learnt significantly about internal controls, audit of public companies, and teamwork
Audit Senior (Current Employee), New YorkMay 21, 2012
Pros: great working experience
Cons: long hours
Deloitte has provided me a great opportunity to apply my past knowledge and learn from new issues in the engagement. My mangerrial skills has signficantly imporved as we were a team of 20 auditors.
Professional Profile
Senior Accountant, Assurance and Advisory (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2012
A Chartered Accountant with three years of experience at a multinational private professional services organization with expertise in assurance, review, and compliance.
The best place to improve our financial skills ever
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Recife, PEApril 12, 2012
I had to developed many kinds of projects at the same time such as Valuation, Funding, for many kinds of companies from different fields it was a huge challenger day by day.

My co-workers had amazing skills, everybody there had a high potential and was a pleasure to change ideas with them. We always helped and taught with each other.

The hardest part – more... of the job was that we were under pressure constantly, because our partner used to sell the projects within a time that was not possible to accomplished in time in order to profit more and more, so we had to do extra time almost every week and to continue working at home as well as during the weekends in order to delivered our projects in time. – less
Interesting and productive work enviroment
Learning Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: not ending days
There was not a similar day in a week; tasks varied during the week.
I was able to excel my training session coordination/ planning skills. It involved project management, when it came to translation projects. I had nice and caring co-workers. The hardest part of the job was a manual comparison of two very large spreadsheet; which would take more than – more... a week; however, in return, I enjoyed the event planning and Website Maintenance part of the job. – less
Outstanding Company
Data Applications and Operations Team Manager (Current Employee), Wilton, CTJuly 23, 2014
Smart people, excellent work-life balance and benefits. Very entrepreneurial environment.
Deloitte Consulting - a two year countdown to freedom
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: salary, learning the consulting toolkit
Cons: hours, management, work-life balance, staffing model, performance management system
Deloitte Consulting is fine for two years, but senior management does not understand how to develop or retain top business school talent. The job a good learning experience for two years, but I would not recommend staying longer than that. After two years, you can command equal or better pay at numerous companies which offer better management, culture, – more... and hours, with less travel. There are numerous reasons for moving on:

The performance management system is antiquated and full of conflicting incentives. If Deloitte wants to build a successful consulting business, they should use some of their many resources to improve this system.

Many of the senior managers and partners selling and managing projects treat the more junior people like expendable resources. While there are a few diamonds in the rough, they aren't enough to inspire and motivate new consultants to stay and grow a career.

Deloitte touts a generalist staffing model, but the individuals who are rewarded and able to succeed are those that find an industry niche as quickly as possible.

For those looking for consulting experience, you definitely obtain it. However, I cannot fathom why someone would stay longer than 2 years. – less
Great work environment
Associate Technology Support Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
The Deloitte work environment was great to be a part of. The team is very easy to get along with and management is always there for assistance and guidance. A typical day at work is working with employees at Deloitte with their technical questions and problems.
Excellent company
Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 21, 2014
This organisation is excellent in terms of every thing... one of the best companies to work with
great place to practice and learn your professional skills
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hsinchu, TaiwanJuly 20, 2014
great place to practice and learn your professional skills. Also, have chance to reach with complex transaction as the office located in the Hsinchu Science Park, where lots of high technology companies located.
Administrative Assistant
Accounting Firm - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2014
A typical day at work was mostly scheduled travel and car accommodations, created power point presentation, prepared all expenses for reimbursement and answered all calls.

I learned how to managed a outlook calendar, how to scheduled meetings & all new Microsoft software.

I enjoyed this job because of my co-workers and I met new friends.
Great company, don't expect to learn
Manager (Current Employee), Rosslyn, VAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: management
see above please. lack of structure and direction in certain groups at this group. limited development opportunities
Stable and rewarding
Internal Client Services Administrator (Former Employee), Reading, ENGJuly 17, 2014
Deloitte is a good company to work for. They practice equal opportunities with room for acceleration in the company. Offer stability and fantastic salaries.

About Deloitte

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited is the largest private professional services organization in the world. According to the organization's – Read more