Deloitte Employee Reviews

Dynamic global firm; opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world; high degree of excellence
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2013
I have over 15 years of experience working with and advising professionals who are often exceptional in their respective areas of expertise; and I thrive in an environment where I am exposed to new concepts, ideas and brilliant people who inspire me.

We work hard. Our teams function with a high degree of excellent and personal accountability. And our hard work is balanced with the ability to work from just about anywhere.

I've had the opportunity to engage in challenging and meaningful projects. Learning is encouraged and I have continued my professional education over the years through a variety of courses, programs and conferences.
Pros
Embraces innovation, life balance is encouraged, opportunity to work with amazing people, continual learning
Cons
Matrix structure can sometimes be limiting; advancement to more senior positions is limited
Great career advancement early on
Senior Consultant, Enterprise Risk Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2016
It's a typical consulting work environment where it's very network driven. Overall it's a great place to start your career and boost your soft skills, which are transferable to almost everywhere. However, it is not a 9 to 5 job, so just be aware. People are great and generally very supportive.
Good place to work, with lots of opportunity for advancement
Word Processing Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2014
-Typical day at work involves plenty of administrative work, reformatting, printing letters and financial statements
-Learned the ins and outs of my department, got great experience of working for a huge company and as part of a team where attention to detail was the most important aspect of the position
-Management was friendly and approachable and very honest with regards to the work being done and the possibilities of advancement
Pros
Plenty of opportunity for advancement
Cons
Quiet office, no team events
Great staff discounts, decent management
Business Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2014
Most days were spent assisting customers or cleaning the store and stock. I learned a lot of communication skills and to be patient with customer needs. The management did a good job instilling product knowledge and desire to wear the brand in the customer. Co-workers for the most part we easy-going though some were too competitive. The hardest part of the job would be opening or closing shifts which can last well into midnight or start early in the morning. The most enjoyable aspect would be the discount on merchandise.
Dynamic environment and big company
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 June 2016
- Working with an excellent team.
- Agile environment.
- high level of skills.
- ability to learn new skills since there is a variety of projects.
- the hardest part, in my opinion, is stress.
always a wonderful place to work
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2013
love my job at Deloitte, a typical day at work was working with my team doing all aspect of mail run courier and processing of invoice. management of two employee, my co-workers was a wonderful team love working them, hardest part of my job was balancing my work and home life which was done well, enjoyable part is going to work and work with a wonderful team
Pros
getting to partake in events like united way impact day
Cons
well i have to work long hours because of tax season and right fax hours
Event and Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2015
Good Company and very smart people and lots of room for advancement. Very long hours.
Very well managed company. Ok benefits.
Interesting and productive work enviroment
Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2012
There was not a similar day in a week; tasks varied during the week.
I was able to excel my training session coordination/ planning skills. It involved project management, when it came to translation projects. I had nice and caring co-workers. The hardest part of the job was a manual comparison of two very large spreadsheet; which would take more than a week; however, in return, I enjoyed the event planning and Website Maintenance part of the job.
Pros
compensation
Cons
not ending days
Diverse learning, learning and growth and cross knowledge available for learning and advancement
SR. INSOLVENCY COUNSELOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta14 October 2015
Everyday was new and exciting and never was there one day like the other. Run client reports and reviewing creditors and preparing for counselling or first meet with debtors.
It is very difficult to put in such a small space what has been learned. Professionally growing within the insolvency community, understanding of Income tax, Personal Property Security, Family Law Acts, etc. Psychologically understanding human nature and how to reach beyond that to build trust.
My co-workers (whom most have moved on) were wonderful to work with and made each day a joy and excitement to come into the office each day.
The hardest part of the job was telling debtors that the creditors had rejected the proposal and finding alternatives if that an option for their circumstance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that you saw how you were able to create hope and peace in their lives, help mend the broken pieces of their lives.
Pros
As much learning as you wanted
Cons
corporate politics
Work Life Balance
Audit Senior, Assurance Services (Former Employee) –  Bahrain9 July 2015
It was my first international audit experience in Big4. The good part of the job was to see and learn the culture and work of versatile external audit clients. Co-workers were friendly and the perfect part was the work life balance, which is very hard to find in Assurance services.
Pros
Work life balance and friendly environment
You're assigned a budy for 6 Months to guide you
Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 September 2015
It was a wonderful place to work with lots of wonderful people.
I was working in a new department, which didn't know how many staff they needed, so I was told in advance, I have a year contract but could end before if not enough work for everyone.

Was assigned a budy but when she got too busy, she didn't have time to guide me.
Pros
Great benefits despite being on a contract with an assigned laptop and smart phone
Cons
Not assigned a desk, must reserve your desk every two weeks, can't keep the same desk
Great open concept
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2016
Good respectful people, enjoyable work environment. Work expectations met what was described from the beginning. Only left due to moving.
Career Started in the right direction
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ17 May 2016
Started as a Jr. Software Engineer and had the ability to learn some great skills with alot of new tools that i had never used previously. Gained great attention for detail while being able to understand the SDLC thoroughly
A great school to learn from
Responsable de la paie (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 May 2016
Worked as payroll specialist, accounting technician and secretary and learned the different aspect of payroll, bookkeeping, and many software through my journey with the company
Pros
Great team and company to work for
Cons
I left because of the commute
Review of Work experience
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cairo7 May 2016
Develop the talent that you have and don't overlook qualified candidates
Enhance the employment process by providing services to community .
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible work schedule, fun incentive challenges, one-on-one training
very stressful and busy headoffice for Deloitte Canada
Reception / Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2015
The headoffice of Deloitte Canada is very busy non stop stressful position with a constant flow of clients and colleagues. I really liked the people I got to know and work with everyday but as the office got busier the workload seemed to get unmanageable. The management was not supportive of growth therefore it was hard to move around and develop more skills.
Pros
free lunches, great people
Cons
stressful
Nice office and lifestyle
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario24 March 2014
Nice people, quite office in Marketing, no real personality for a marketing team which is rare in this area. The office is beautiful and they have great benefits, just boring. But for a lifestyle with children in the picture you can go home by 6pm.
Pros
Nice office, Professional, benefits
Cons
boring, no real culture or unity. Everyone to them selves in back office, not the same in the services.
High productivity, extremely fast-paced environment
Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2014
- Work environment to the likes of an investment bank (management structure, work hours, fast-paced)
- Managed various capital markets transactions including M&A, divestitures, debt restructuring
- Team was incredibly helpful with creating a well-rounded learning experience
Pros
Tasks differ every week, experienced team, lots to learn
Cons
Long hours, pay below average
Great company to work for, many perks
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 August 2012
Enjoyed working for Deloitte, I was able to gain a lot of valuable knowledge in many administrative tasks as well as financial and accounting. Worked with a very diverse and big group of people. The company treated its employees well and offered incentives for a job well done.
Pros
work/life balance, good pay, room for advancement
Cons
managers changed frequently
Very good work environment
Administration/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2015
Its a very demanding day but fun its very multitasking all day long with speed and time management all day long.How important time and multitasking can be,my co-workers are friendly and a team player , ending the day without completing all my days work , enjoyable pat of the job is going to work and making the customers happy and see my co-working ,
Pros
lots of free goodies
Cons
reasonable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.