Deloitte
1,063 reviews

Deloitte Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The company is very serious and the workers are very friendly.
Senior Auditor (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJAugust 16, 2012
Pros: knowledge and benefits
You must be punctual and during the work day your senior will tell you what kind of tasks you should complete until the end of the day. The management is participative and is always aware about what is going on with the job. The hardest part of the job is keep focused on the tasks in order to be able to achieve the deadline and do not get late. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn from your co-workers and clients. The chance to understand different companies' environments and businesses. – less
Great company to work for, many perks
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 13, 2012
Pros: work/life balance, good pay, room for advancement
Cons: managers changed frequently
Enjoyed working for Deloitte, I was able to gain a lot of valuable knowledge in many administrative tasks as well as financial and accounting. Worked with a very diverse and big group of people. The company treated its employees well and offered incentives for a job well done.
Regional HR Programs and Operations for Asia Pacific
Regional HR Lead (Former Employee), Based in the Philippines, Singapore and MalaysiaJuly 28, 2012
Reported directly to the Regional Managing Partner – Southeast Asia. Leadership and management responsibility, overall planning, organization, development, implementation and evaluation of all HR functions including training, initiatives, policies and procedures for Southeast Asia. Took an active role in the planning, organization and implementation – more... of the HR Shared Services for the whole of Southeast Asia.Based in Singapore and later Malaysia when the Shared Services team moved to Kuala Lumpur.

• Responsible for the design (localizing in Asian context), development, implementation and management of critical HR initiatives:
o Compensation and Benefits programs
o Consulting Career Continuum (C3) – Deloitte’s Career Development Program / Performance Management system
o People Commitment survey
o Global internet / intranet
o SAP HR
o Upward Feedback
o Alumni Program
• Helped developed the design at the same time facilitates the following programs:
o Career and Performance Counseling in East Asia
o Deloitte Difference, the Firm’s new employee orientation program across Asia Pacific
o Behavioral Event Interviewing in Southeast Asia
o Managing Change and Handling Resistance in Southeast Asia – less
Best job I've had to date!
Tax Validator (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 21, 2012
Pros: great work atmosphere, unparalleled
Cons: long hours
I am a CA student and I enjoyed a 4 month contract with Deloitte and it exceeded my expectations in every way.

I hope to once again be an employee of Deloitte in the near future while doing my CA!
• IFRS, US GAAP/SEC, and Canadian GAAP expert ;
Senior Manager, Assurance Services (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2012
• IFRS, US GAAP/SEC, and Canadian GAAP expert ;
• Global Business Experience;
• International expert in External Audit (USGAAS, ISA & CAS), Internal Audit, Compliance and Enterprise risk management systems(ERM);
• COSO Framework: control environment, risk assessment, control activities, and monitoring;
• SOX 404:design of risks areas and key controls
 – more... Large -scale of project management experience; and
• Staff Training and Development – less
Assistant Manager-Infrastructure Advisory (Former Employee), Vadodara, GJJuly 7, 2012
Pros: brand value
Cons: long hours
Engaged for a mandate in which we were advising Civil Ministry of Government on Accrual Accounting.

Learnt about accounting standards applicable to the Public sector and policies followed in developed countries.

Mandate was discontinued due to lack of decision making and higher levels.
Sr. Admin Asst
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 13, 2012
Pros: learning lots of new skiils
Cons: long hours
-Edit engagement letters, transmittal letters and board reports using Microsoft Word.
-Prepare client invoices and process accounting write offs using Microsoft Excel.
-Perform filing and clerical duties as well as process expense claims.
At Deloitte I have learnt significantly about internal controls, audit of public companies, and teamwork
Audit Senior (Current Employee), New YorkMay 21, 2012
Pros: great working experience
Cons: long hours
Deloitte has provided me a great opportunity to apply my past knowledge and learn from new issues in the engagement. My mangerrial skills has signficantly imporved as we were a team of 20 auditors.
Professional Profile
Senior Accountant, Assurance and Advisory (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2012
A Chartered Accountant with three years of experience at a multinational private professional services organization with expertise in assurance, review, and compliance.
The best place to improve our financial skills ever
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Recife, PEApril 12, 2012
I had to developed many kinds of projects at the same time such as Valuation, Funding, for many kinds of companies from different fields it was a huge challenger day by day.

My co-workers had amazing skills, everybody there had a high potential and was a pleasure to change ideas with them. We always helped and taught with each other.

The hardest part – more... of the job was that we were under pressure constantly, because our partner used to sell the projects within a time that was not possible to accomplished in time in order to profit more and more, so we had to do extra time almost every week and to continue working at home as well as during the weekends in order to delivered our projects in time. – less
Interesting and productive work enviroment
Learning Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: not ending days
There was not a similar day in a week; tasks varied during the week.
I was able to excel my training session coordination/ planning skills. It involved project management, when it came to translation projects. I had nice and caring co-workers. The hardest part of the job was a manual comparison of two very large spreadsheet; which would take more than – more... a week; however, in return, I enjoyed the event planning and Website Maintenance part of the job. – less
Great Company to Start Career
Audit Senior (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good name
Cons: hours, you are just a number, no value add, poor work life balance
Was given the opportunity after 2 years to manage a team of staff.
Summer internship
Summer Intern at Tax Department (Former Employee), AnkaraJuly 8, 2014
There were really nice and helpful seniors and explained me lots of different things about their daily business. It was a great experience as my first time internship.
Great place for fresh grads
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2014
A great place to learn and grow
Get to work in different projects. Most work is based on client requirement and translating them to a system.
Very good working environment and working culture
System Engineer - 3 (Former Employee), BengaluruJuly 6, 2014
Pros: work culture, growth
Cons: location
A place where the work life is perfectly balanced with your social life, the environment being employee friendly with various opportunities to learn and grow with the organization.
very well organised,remarkable,too many oppertinities
Associate Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 6, 2014
Pros: talent enhancing skills and training
A great place to work at..with many different events happening the entire year...thinking for the under privileged and motivating to take initiative
Productive place with great team works
Senior Auditor (Former Employee), Market, WVJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great working atmosphere
Cons: a lot of travel trips
Deloitte is a great company where I learned a lot of things in very short time.
I liked the working atmosphere which was very dynamic and the fact that we worked into teams for almost all our audit engagements. The hardest part of the job was to switch all the time from client to client, but it helped me to be more pragmatic.
Wonderful company! Great place to work!
Independence Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), McLean, VirginiaJuly 2, 2014
Deloitte LLP is a great company to work for. The benefits are awesome and there is great growth potential.
A great place to launch your career
Audit Assistant, Financial Services Industry (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
I have learned so much on this job. The people I worked with were amazing and helpful. I was offered extensive training that allowed me to grow to my full potential.
No job security as a project associate
Government Operations Project Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: lots of learning opportunities
Cons: no job security. low pay. difficult to advance as an associate
Deloitte seems to value very young talent with little or no real world experience.

About Deloitte

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited is the largest private professional services organization in the world. According to the organization's – Read more