Deloitte Employee Reviews

Professional Atmosphere
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2016
Great place to grow. I loved that fact that your career progression is in your hands at Deloitte. Overall a great place for someone to move up in their career.
Dynamic environment and big company
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 June 2016
- Working with an excellent team.
- Agile environment.
- high level of skills.
- ability to learn new skills since there is a variety of projects.
- the hardest part, in my opinion, is stress.
Excellent firm with great values and career opportunities
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto8 April 2013
Excellent organization, great opportunities to learn and be mentored. Cannot say enough about company culture and working environment, both are impressive. Since I work in consulting, its expected that you will not have much of a work-life balance - as most professional firms in this area will boast about how they manage work-life balance - although unlikely to provide you with such.

What stands out the most to me is the time that senior management takes out of their schedules to meet with younger professionals. A lot of time is invested at the higher levels to help cultivate and advance those in junior levels.
Great open concept
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2016
Good respectful people, enjoyable work environment. Work expectations met what was described from the beginning. Only left due to moving.
Work-Life Balance & Flexible schedule
eDiscovery Lawyer, Legal Project Solutions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2014
Working as a part-time eDiscovery lawyer has many benefits, as you are able to design your own schedule to accommodate other opportunities, volunteering and personal commitments.
Career Started in the right direction
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ17 May 2016
Started as a Jr. Software Engineer and had the ability to learn some great skills with alot of new tools that i had never used previously. Gained great attention for detail while being able to understand the SDLC thoroughly
A great school to learn from
Responsable de la paie (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 May 2016
Worked as payroll specialist, accounting technician and secretary and learned the different aspect of payroll, bookkeeping, and many software through my journey with the company
Pros
Great team and company to work for
Cons
I left because of the commute
Great career advancement early on
Senior Consultant, Enterprise Risk Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2016
It's a typical consulting work environment where it's very network driven. Overall it's a great place to start your career and boost your soft skills, which are transferable to almost everywhere. However, it is not a 9 to 5 job, so just be aware. People are great and generally very supportive.
a good place to work
Lead Developer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2013
Good compensation and opportunities. Normal working hours yet flexible to meet the needs of employees. Great colleagues to work with, with opportunity for collaboration and cross platform knowledge transfer.
Great company to work for
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto26 September 2014
Loved working at Deloitte. Lots of variety. Admin, accounting, Great sports days
Pros
Salary Management, co-workers
Review of Work experience
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cairo7 May 2016
Develop the talent that you have and don't overlook qualified candidates
Enhance the employment process by providing services to community .
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible work schedule, fun incentive challenges, one-on-one training
Large heartless, mindless company
DMS (Former Employee) –  Canada18 November 2015
To management people are just numbers. To co-workers the people here are friends and family. You can be fired at any time for any reason, but that is what you expect working for a large company. Management make decisions that would only make sense in an alternate dimension.
Pros
Occasionally you get left over food
Cons
No recognition
Productive & fun place to work with lots of opportunities
Senior Consultant - Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2015
-Involved with multiple projects at the same time
-Very challenging work environment which helped keep you thinking on your toes
-Excellent place to accelerate your career and learn new skills
-Great upper management who understand your strengths and help build yourself for future goals
Pros
Great Opportunities for learning
Cons
Difficult work life balance on projects
A big4 with smart people, interesting projects and no work life balance
Management Consultant - Strategy & Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 November 2015
Internal culture is very dependent on location
Project can be interesting if you're lucky. No control over what project type you get staffed in, which is tricky for one's desire to specialise.
Pros
good overall package
Cons
No work life balance and some toxic employees can spoil work atmosphere
Great company to work for
Billing Coordinator /Analyst (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2014
No complaints about working at Deloitte. Great group of people to work with. The atmosphere is appealing, and the compensation is compatible.
Pros
Wellness Plan
Cons
N/A
Dynamic global firm; opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world; high degree of excellence
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2013
I have over 15 years of experience working with and advising professionals who are often exceptional in their respective areas of expertise; and I thrive in an environment where I am exposed to new concepts, ideas and brilliant people who inspire me.

We work hard. Our teams function with a high degree of excellent and personal accountability. And our hard work is balanced with the ability to work from just about anywhere.

I've had the opportunity to engage in challenging and meaningful projects. Learning is encouraged and I have continued my professional education over the years through a variety of courses, programs and conferences.
Pros
Embraces innovation, life balance is encouraged, opportunity to work with amazing people, continual learning
Cons
Matrix structure can sometimes be limiting; advancement to more senior positions is limited
Nightmare of a company
Office (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 September 2014
Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy!

Partners are completely disrespectful to administrative staff. Could not believe how I saw them treat their assistants, how they spoke to them, the demands they put on them. I also watched sr. mgmt. blame assistants for mistakes they made, and never stepped up.

They made promises they had no intention of keeping.

At orientation they actually told us we would be gone in a year, but also easy to replace. A dime a dozen. First day on the job, that's how they greet you? Wow.

Pay is not competitive with industry, at all.

Absolutely no respect for work/life balance. The expectation is that no matter what may happen in your life, even a family death, is not more important than work.

So very, very glad I left!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Too many to list
Overall a great corporation to work for
Records Management (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 October 2015
The thing I like about Deloitte is that they value work/life balance. In my time here the people and co-workers are the best thing. The sometimes difficult thing is the high turnover. The hardest part of my job is that we are very understaffed at the moment so I have to wear many hats.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Frustrating management styles
Worst Job of my Career
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 February 2016
Good company if you are a Manager and up. Lots of after hours festivities. Clerical staff are managed by a matriarch whose practices are from the 1950's.

There was nothing positive about this job, if you enjoy working in the past perhaps this role will suit you. A dumping ground position with very little respect. Partners are self centred.

Bad experience, glad its over.
Pros
None that I could find
Old school thinking
Head, Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2015
Excellent people from an intellectual standpoint. However the culture is old school: top down, paternalistic, parochial, hire young grads work them to the bone, pyramid scheme under partners who own the firm with minimal opprty. to become partner, a lot of staff turnover.
Pros
smart and engaging people
Cons
inflexible culture, poor quality work, top down management