Deloitte Employee Reviews in Canada

Work-Life Balance & Flexible schedule
eDiscovery Lawyer, Legal Project Solutions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Working as a part-time eDiscovery lawyer has many benefits, as you are able to design your own schedule to accommodate other opportunities, volunteering and personal commitments.
Excellent firm with great values and career opportunities
Consultant (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 8, 2013
Excellent organization, great opportunities to learn and be mentored. Cannot say enough about company culture and working environment, both are impressive. Since I work in consulting, its expected that you will not have much of a work-life balance - as most professional firms in this area will boast about how they manage work-life balance - although unlikely to provide you with such.

What stands out the most to me is the time that senior management takes out of their schedules to meet with younger professionals. A lot of time is invested at the higher levels to help cultivate and advance those in junior levels.
Great company to work for
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 26, 2014
Loved working at Deloitte. Lots of variety. Admin, accounting, Great sports days
Pros
salary management, co-workers
a good place to work
Lead Developer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Good compensation and opportunities. Normal working hours yet flexible to meet the needs of employees. Great colleagues to work with, with opportunity for collaboration and cross platform knowledge transfer.
Nightmare of a company
Office (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 18, 2014
Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy!

Partners are completely disrespectful to administrative staff. Could not believe how I saw them treat their assistants, how they spoke to them, the demands they put on them. I also watched sr. mgmt. blame assistants for mistakes they made, and never stepped up.

They made promises they had no intention of keeping.

At orientation they actually told us we would be gone in a year, but also easy to replace. A dime a dozen. First day on the job, that's how they greet you? Wow.

Pay is not competitive with industry, at all.

Absolutely no respect for work/life balance. The expectation is that no matter what may happen in your life, even a family death, is not more important than work.

So very, very glad I left!
Pros
leaving
Cons
too many to list
Diversité des taches
Auditeur junior (Former Employee) –  ParisJune 22, 2015
Secteurs d’intervention : pharmaceutique, maritime, prêt à porter, alimentaire, télécommunications et agriculture
• Contrôler l’application des normes et procédures de l’entreprise, comprendre le cycle, identifier les risques, identifier les activités de contrôle
• Diagnostiquer les dysfonctionnements dans les procédures de gestion, d’organisation ou dans les méthodes de travail (contrôle de la fiabilité de l’information financière, qualité des procédés, contrôle des comptes, mesure des risques légaux et règlementaires)
• Auditer selon la méthodologie AS2 les sections suivantes : immobilisations, clients, fournisseurs, capitaux propres, valeurs mobilières de placement et disponibilités
Pros
Voyage dans différentes régions du pays
Great company to work for
Billing Coordinator /Analyst (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2014
No complaints about working at Deloitte. Great group of people to work with. The atmosphere is appealing, and the compensation is compatible.
Pros
wellness plan
Cons
n/a
Dynamic global firm; opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world; high degree of excellence
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 4, 2013
I have over 15 years of experience working with and advising professionals who are often exceptional in their respective areas of expertise; and I thrive in an environment where I am exposed to new concepts, ideas and brilliant people who inspire me.

We work hard. Our teams function with a high degree of excellent and personal accountability. And our hard work is balanced with the ability to work from just about anywhere.

I've had the opportunity to engage in challenging and meaningful projects. Learning is encouraged and I have continued my professional education over the years through a variety of courses, programs and conferences.
Pros
embraces innovation, life balance is encouraged, opportunity to work with amazing people, continual learning
Cons
matrix structure can sometimes be limiting; advancement to more senior positions is limited
Great place to work with excellent people
Manager, Strategy & Operations, Consulting (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Loved working at Deloitte. Amazing place to learn and work with great clients. They need to clarify career progression paths
Pros
Great people, fantastic projects
Cons
Lacks mentorship and coaching environment
Good place to work, with lots of opportunity for advancement
Word Processing Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
-Typical day at work involves plenty of administrative work, reformatting, printing letters and financial statements
-Learned the ins and outs of my department, got great experience of working for a huge company and as part of a team where attention to detail was the most important aspect of the position
-Management was friendly and approachable and very honest with regards to the work being done and the possibilities of advancement
Pros
Plenty of opportunity for advancement
Cons
Quiet office, no team events
always a wonderful place to work
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
love my job at Deloitte, a typical day at work was working with my team doing all aspect of mail run courier and processing of invoice. management of two employee, my co-workers was a wonderful team love working them, hardest part of my job was balancing my work and home life which was done well, enjoyable part is going to work and work with a wonderful team
Pros
getting to partake in events like united way impact day
Cons
well i have to work long hours because of tax season and right fax hours
Ok environment.
SAP Netweaver Administrator, RMS Upgrade Project (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Deloitte in my last project. The office environment was very tense at the end of the project because of some changes in management.
A company with good standards. Too stratified.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
I enjoyed this position very much. I dealt with internal clients from around the world, arranging travel and events.

I had the opportunity to write articles for an international magazine.

The person I assisted was a micro-manager and that was extremely annoying. Partners have a lot of power, they are like mini-gods.

You are expected to be perfect in every way. Mistakes are not tolerated. There is a culture of super-achievers and a lot of the professional staff are engineering grads. Extreme attention to detail is the norm.

I loved my co-workers. We cooperated very well on projects that involved our various heads of departments.

I left this company to travel abroad and when I returned and tried to contact them concerning references, they never returned any of my calls.
Pros
clear employment practice standards
Cons
vague execution of those standards below certain levels
High productivity, extremely fast-paced environment
Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 12, 2014
- Work environment to the likes of an investment bank (management structure, work hours, fast-paced)
- Managed various capital markets transactions including M&A, divestitures, debt restructuring
- Team was incredibly helpful with creating a well-rounded learning experience
Pros
Tasks differ every week, experienced team, lots to learn
Cons
Long hours, pay below average
Great staff discounts, decent management
Business Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 11, 2014
Most days were spent assisting customers or cleaning the store and stock. I learned a lot of communication skills and to be patient with customer needs. The management did a good job instilling product knowledge and desire to wear the brand in the customer. Co-workers for the most part we easy-going though some were too competitive. The hardest part of the job would be opening or closing shifts which can last well into midnight or start early in the morning. The most enjoyable aspect would be the discount on merchandise.
Great company to work for, many perks
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 13, 2012
Enjoyed working for Deloitte, I was able to gain a lot of valuable knowledge in many administrative tasks as well as financial and accounting. Worked with a very diverse and big group of people. The company treated its employees well and offered incentives for a job well done.
Pros
work/life balance, good pay, room for advancement
Cons
managers changed frequently
Good place to excel in your career.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
- Thrived in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with interesting new challenges in the day.
- A determined and proactive assistant adept in managing busy calendars, coordinating international travel, organizing large-scale meetings and event planning.
- Provided support with a sense of urgency to anticipate the needs of senior-level executives. Collaborated effectively with senior officers and colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Utilized strong technical, analytical, excellent literacy, time management, communication and decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic coupled with the knowledge of upholding confidentiality.
- Managed third-party vendors.
- Offered training new colleagues and shared best practices to team members.
- Acquired a large network of business colleagues.
- The hardest part of the job was procrastinating a deliverable due to thorough review of task at hand.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring a deeper knowledge of clients and their needs.
Pros
stand up reward points for recognition on a good job done.
Cons
multi-task - phone discussion, responding to instant messaging and email all at one time!
Fast paced environment with great learning opportunities
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2015
Involves providing tax compliance and consulting services. Very professional environment with daily client interactions.
Team Bulding Activity
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
I used to prioritize the day task by starting the online conference with development team in India to discuss the project development and then having meeting with testing team to assign them the task and update on testing progress. As a QA I was always involved in the project development meeting and it make me to complete my task as testing in certain duration and also to update on test cases if some thing came on change as short duration.

The most Important thing i learned was Team building and Management skill.

It was great team which always help and support. As a QA team member use to coordinate the meeting for our QA team to discuss the testing process and assign them a task including myself. I closely worked with Business analyst team and project manager which helps me to make understand the Business process.
Great Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Working for Deloitte is a great experience. You expand your technical knowledge, develop your soft skills and work with the best talents in the industry. It is not a 9-5 job and requires a lot of commitment and hard work but you develop significant experience through projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is the nature of change. There's no way you get bored or feel you are not learning.
Pros
great learning experience, developing in all aspects and interesting job
Cons
long hours, travelling (if you do not want to travel)