Deloitte Employee Reviews in Canada

Professional Atmosphere
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Great place to grow. I loved that fact that your career progression is in your hands at Deloitte. Overall a great place for someone to move up in their career.
Work hard and play hard
Co-op Placement (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2016
First Choice was a great start to working in the hair styling field. It gave me some experience that I think I can bring to my upcoming job field. Such as answering phones, helping clients with information and also my communication skills.
Constant change and poor morale
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Due to high turnover, constantly changing policies and and ever-increasing workload, the employees are Deloitte are left with poor morale and exhaustion.
Event and Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 3, 2015
Good Company and very smart people and lots of room for advancement. Very long hours.
Very well managed company. Ok benefits.
Work Life Balance
Audit Senior, Assurance Services (Former Employee) –  BahrainJuly 9, 2015
It was my first international audit experience in Big4. The good part of the job was to see and learn the culture and work of versatile external audit clients. Co-workers were friendly and the perfect part was the work life balance, which is very hard to find in Assurance services.
Pros
Work life balance and friendly environment
Deloitte.
Manager (Assurance & Advisory) (Former Employee) –  CanadaDecember 7, 2015
Excellent entity to work for professional growth in the early stages of career in finance, accounting and various other service lines.
Work hard / play hard
Auditeur adjoint (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 11, 2015
My tasks consisted to analyse process and verify controls, and participate to the external audit of the clients.
The team is young, professionnal and performant.It's a really stimulating environnement to learn.
The job is really demanding, we work long hours, but we learn a lot.
Excellent firm with great values and career opportunities
Consultant (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 8, 2013
Excellent organization, great opportunities to learn and be mentored. Cannot say enough about company culture and working environment, both are impressive. Since I work in consulting, its expected that you will not have much of a work-life balance - as most professional firms in this area will boast about how they manage work-life balance - although unlikely to provide you with such.

What stands out the most to me is the time that senior management takes out of their schedules to meet with younger professionals. A lot of time is invested at the higher levels to help cultivate and advance those in junior levels.
Productive & fun place to work with lots of opportunities
Senior Consultant - Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
-Involved with multiple projects at the same time
-Very challenging work environment which helped keep you thinking on your toes
-Excellent place to accelerate your career and learn new skills
-Great upper management who understand your strengths and help build yourself for future goals
Pros
great opportunities for learning
Cons
difficult work life balance on projects
Cooperative co-workers, and effective managers
Accounts payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 23, 2015
Deloitte is a company that is like a home. The co-workers were easy to communicate with and helped each other with many tasks. Each day the work would pile but by the end it would get done due to the fast workers and supportive management.
Interesting Areas of Audit
Co-op terms (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
- Enjoyed seeing different client industries
- Always working with different people (audit team and clients)
- Enjoyed the opportunities to travel
Profile Summary
Solution Advisor- Cyber Risk (Current Employee) –  DelhiJuly 29, 2015
Sumit has Five(5) years of increasingly responsible experience in Information Security with solid background in Cyber Security and risk management. He has worked with clients in the Retail Sector, Banking & Financial Sector and Telecom Industry. So far he has worked on multiple domains, including IT Security, Risk management, IT Risk Assessment, Cyber Threat Analysis, Third party security gap analysis as a part of business continuity and disaster recovery planning, Compliance management (ISO 27001 & PCI-DSS), Internal Audits, SIEM Technology and IDS/IPS Platform checks.
Encouraging Management
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2015
Great place to work and improve skills. Supportive Management and team members
Lots of learning and growing. Met and made great friends
Pros
Flexible work arrangement
An excellent place to work for and where they take seriously work/life balance arrangements.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downtown, Toronto, ONMay 15, 2013
Worked extensively with Excel spreadsheets, typed several invoices and proofread documents. You learn to multi-task quickly, often with tight deadlines, in this environment while at the same time paying close attention to details. Management strives for work/life balance and co-workers are great back-up support and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is to fit everything into one day.
Pros
great benefits, great people.
Cons
pressure to complete large volume of work on a timely basis.
Nightmare of a company
Office (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 18, 2014
Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy!

Partners are completely disrespectful to administrative staff. Could not believe how I saw them treat their assistants, how they spoke to them, the demands they put on them. I also watched sr. mgmt. blame assistants for mistakes they made, and never stepped up.

They made promises they had no intention of keeping.

At orientation they actually told us we would be gone in a year, but also easy to replace. A dime a dozen. First day on the job, that's how they greet you? Wow.

Pay is not competitive with industry, at all.

Absolutely no respect for work/life balance. The expectation is that no matter what may happen in your life, even a family death, is not more important than work.

So very, very glad I left!
Pros
leaving
Cons
too many to list
Very rewarding!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 30, 2016
They really help you grow professionally and establish a strong network.
Hours are long, especially during busy season but it definitely gives you a lot of experience.
Job insecurity
Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
Well my job was offered as a contract so there was no security that I would be able to receive a job once the contract was completed.
Pros
The people
Cons
Contract
A company with good standards. Too stratified.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
I enjoyed this position very much. I dealt with internal clients from around the world, arranging travel and events.

I had the opportunity to write articles for an international magazine.

The person I assisted was a micro-manager and that was extremely annoying. Partners have a lot of power, they are like mini-gods.

You are expected to be perfect in every way. Mistakes are not tolerated. There is a culture of super-achievers and a lot of the professional staff are engineering grads. Extreme attention to detail is the norm.

I loved my co-workers. We cooperated very well on projects that involved our various heads of departments.

I left this company to travel abroad and when I returned and tried to contact them concerning references, they never returned any of my calls.
Pros
clear employment practice standards
Cons
vague execution of those standards below certain levels
Know what to expect
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 4, 2014
Getting your CPA designation is supposed to be tough but an opportunity to prove yourself. Deloitte has a wealth of clients that keeps employees super busy and on the go. Don't go in expecting 40 hour weeks and great pay, but expect to go in and work hard, learn a lot and meet great people.
Pros
systematic annual promotions
Cons
long hours, low starting salary, minimal scheduling flexibility
Dynamic global firm; opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world; high degree of excellence
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 4, 2013
I have over 15 years of experience working with and advising professionals who are often exceptional in their respective areas of expertise; and I thrive in an environment where I am exposed to new concepts, ideas and brilliant people who inspire me.

We work hard. Our teams function with a high degree of excellent and personal accountability. And our hard work is balanced with the ability to work from just about anywhere.

I've had the opportunity to engage in challenging and meaningful projects. Learning is encouraged and I have continued my professional education over the years through a variety of courses, programs and conferences.
Pros
embraces innovation, life balance is encouraged, opportunity to work with amazing people, continual learning
Cons
matrix structure can sometimes be limiting; advancement to more senior positions is limited