Deloitte Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent place to work
Manager(Tax Senior) (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 24, 2014
Working on Deloitte during busy season is an excellent time to work. Everyone would be doing crazy hours but would be enjoying the work
Pros
flexibility
Nightmare of a company
Office (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 18, 2014
Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy!

Partners are completely disrespectful to administrative staff. Could not believe how I saw them treat their assistants, how they spoke to them, the demands they put on them. I also watched sr. mgmt. blame assistants for mistakes they made, and never stepped up.

They made promises they had no intention of keeping.

At orientation they actually told us we would be gone in a year, but also easy to replace. A dime a dozen. First day on the job, that's how they greet you? Wow.

Pay is not competitive with industry, at all.

Absolutely no respect for work/life balance. The expectation is that no matter what may happen in your life, even a family death, is not more important than work.

So very, very glad I left!
Pros
leaving
Cons
too many to list
Good employer
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Accountant environment. It has been a long time I have not worked at that company, therefore I cannot comment.
Fast Pace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2014
Great people but not the greatest pay. Lots of room for advancement. Good reputation. No performance incentives.
Pros
Cons
little pay
Great staff discounts, decent management
Business Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 11, 2014
Most days were spent assisting customers or cleaning the store and stock. I learned a lot of communication skills and to be patient with customer needs. The management did a good job instilling product knowledge and desire to wear the brand in the customer. Co-workers for the most part we easy-going though some were too competitive. The hardest part of the job would be opening or closing shifts which can last well into midnight or start early in the morning. The most enjoyable aspect would be the discount on merchandise.
A professional and enjoyable work environment.
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCSeptember 5, 2014
Working at Deloitte LLP was an enjoyable experience. There was always work to do and the work was challenging. Supervisors and managers were easily accessible and willing to help as there is a huge learning curve. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was interacting with the clients and helping them out with their accounting needs.
Pros
flexible start and finish times (within reason) and flexible lunches.
Cons
longer hours during busy season.
productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 28, 2014
I like working with people and most of the employee that I work with are very helpful.
Pros
pay for school fees for advancement
Cons
long hrs.
Big 4
AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 20, 2014
Traveled 90% of the time to clients in US and mainly in Canada conducting 1 to 3 weeks audits on various type of companies in multiples industries - from manufacture, service companies to technology and logistic companies.
Productive Workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2014
Worked 9-5, performed tasks using programs on computers for data entry, worked in a busy environment.
Pros
stabled schedule
Cons
Great place to work with very intelligent people
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2014
A great company to grow and learn in an interdisciplinary way. You truly own your career and you shape your own opportunities.
I spent six weeks there and enjoyed doing the job. I encountered some negative behavior from some employees, but that is 'par for the course'.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 7, 2014
Good company. I would have liked to be recalled for subsequent tax seasons.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
1 hour lunch
Great Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Working for Deloitte is a great experience. You expand your technical knowledge, develop your soft skills and work with the best talents in the industry. It is not a 9-5 job and requires a lot of commitment and hard work but you develop significant experience through projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is the nature of change. There's no way you get bored or feel you are not learning.
Pros
great learning experience, developing in all aspects and interesting job
Cons
long hours, travelling (if you do not want to travel)
Great company to start with. Great learning experience and the best people to work with. Great leadership.
Assistant Manager, Audit & Assurance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
-Great, talented people. Probably will never get to work with such a big pool of great people elsewhere.
-A steep learning curve. Definitely great place to learn about accounting, audit, and management
-Busy during busy season. Could be stressful but firm really supports each individual.
Productive and fun place to work if you are plugged into the right team.
Manager, Project Controller Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2014
Great place to start your career. A lot of challenging opportunities.
Great place to learn
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg CanadaMay 5, 2014
Good exposure to variety of clients, Opportunity to work with best of talent, high work load, low pay scale.
Pros
education sponsorship
Cons
difficult to grow
Long hours but spent with good people
Senior - Real Estate, Mining and Resources (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2014
From January till the end of March, you will be lucky to leave the office while the sun is still up. But other than those three months, the work/life balance is good. Worked on few of the biggest companies in the world and was very interesting to deal with some of the transactions that they undertook.
Pros
good people, good work/life balance.
Cons
long hours, average wages
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2014
Cutting edge company that will have the latest trends on all practices
amazing place to learn new skills
Talent Management Officer (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 9, 2014
this place will work you hard but you will learn so much that you will enjoy your work and build your tool box
Awesome learning experience with nice people!
Tax Preparer, T/B auditor, Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 4, 2014
I am an intern there, so there is no pay, but I thoroughly enjoy the work, the processes they have, the people, the leaders and managers are all very nice. I enjoyed learning as much as I have and can't wait to get into a real job and show what I have learned.
Pros
wacky wednesday - free food
Cons
internship = free labour
Postive