Deloitte

2K reviews

Deloitte Employee Reviews

fun
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
According to Gartner’s Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2015, cloud computing becomes part of the new IT reality. While cloud computing helps companies increase business agility by enabling new business models, but it also requires additional vigilance in ensuring data security beyond the traditional confines of IT
Great place to develop skills and your brand
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 18, 2013
- Great place to develop skills
- Ability to work with people who are thought leaders
- Exposure to large scale business problems and solutions
- Great brand that is respected by industry
Pros
build an amazing array of skills, talented people
Cons
work life balance is very tough with families
Sr. Admin Asst
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 13, 2012
-Edit engagement letters, transmittal letters and board reports using Microsoft Word.
-Prepare client invoices and process accounting write offs using Microsoft Excel.
-Perform filing and clerical duties as well as process expense claims.
Pros
learning lots of new skiils
Great benefits, Professional environment
Portfolio Management Intern (Former Employee) –  TorontoDecember 17, 2013
The time spent at Deloitte was an incredible learning experience. I was lucky enough to be paired with an amazing coach and manager. Very results-oriented environment. Work life balance will highly depend on the role you play in the company.
Work hard / play hard
Auditeur adjoint (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 11, 2015
My tasks consisted to analyse process and verify controls, and participate to the external audit of the clients.
The team is young, professionnal and performant.It's a really stimulating environnement to learn.
The job is really demanding, we work long hours, but we learn a lot.
Cooperative co-workers, and effective managers
Accounts payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 23, 2015
Deloitte is a company that is like a home. The co-workers were easy to communicate with and helped each other with many tasks. Each day the work would pile but by the end it would get done due to the fast workers and supportive management.
Productive and comforting place to work
Office Assistant- Business Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2014
Typical day would include assisting others in the office with daily duties. Duties included Mail, Reproduction, Filing, Catering and Data Entry. I have enjoyed every aspect of my position here including co-workers.
Best job I've had to date!
Tax Validator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJuly 21, 2012
I am a CA student and I enjoyed a 4 month contract with Deloitte and it exceeded my expectations in every way.

I hope to once again be an employee of Deloitte in the near future while doing my CA!
Pros
great work atmosphere, unparalleled
Cons
Excellent work place with inernational clients.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Excellent work place with international clients. Working with top rated consultants and cutting edge technology. Excellent work place with international clients. World leader in providing BI solutions.
great place to kickstart your career
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaOctober 30, 2013
As an audit intern, I worked on individual sections of the audit assignment. I would test the Accounts Receivables and Account Payables of the company while the seniors handle the entire audit project.
Pros
good seniors

Want to know more about Deloitte?

Ask a question
Average
Senior Word Processor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 13, 2015
Co-workers are very nice, management and so forth. Overall the company doesn't value the loyalty and experience of their employees. Many people have left for other jobs in other company.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
No recognition where it is due
Work-Life Balance & Flexible schedule
eDiscovery Lawyer, Legal Project Solutions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2014
Working as a part-time eDiscovery lawyer has many benefits, as you are able to design your own schedule to accommodate other opportunities, volunteering and personal commitments.
Also loved this position because of the variety of different duties.
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJune 18, 2013
This position was always very busy and fast paced. I enjoy being busy with a lot of challenges throughout the day. People were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
enjoyed the workload
a good place to work
Lead Developer / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Good compensation and opportunities. Normal working hours yet flexible to meet the needs of employees. Great colleagues to work with, with opportunity for collaboration and cross platform knowledge transfer.
Learned how to be resourceful and meet tight deadlines
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  MontrealDecember 20, 2012
Overall, the experience was pleasant and working at Deloitte taught me how to be resourceful and independent. In addition, meeting deadlines and working long hours was common.
Good place to build soft skills
Senior Consultant Strategy & Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2015
You will have the opportunity to learn many soft skills (project management, report writing, research, presentations) that will prove useful anywhere else in your country.
I spent six weeks there and enjoyed doing the job. I encountered some negative behavior from some employees, but that is 'par for the course'.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 7, 2014
Good company. I would have liked to be recalled for subsequent tax seasons.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
1 hour lunch
Professional Profile
Senior Accountant, Assurance and Advisory (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2012
A Chartered Accountant with three years of experience at a multinational private professional services organization with expertise in assurance, review, and compliance.
Good Career Advancement
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2014
Deloitte is a good company to have on your resume, and you will gain valuable work experience working there. Quality of work/life balance is dependent on your client load and the team you work with.
Big 4
AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 20, 2014
Traveled 90% of the time to clients in US and mainly in Canada conducting 1 to 3 weeks audits on various type of companies in multiples industries - from manufacture, service companies to technology and logistic companies.