Deloitte
1,122 reviews

Deloitte Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Priductive and Engaging place to work, with the added benefit of slushies
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
A typical day at work finds me learning something new everyday, being quick to resolve issues and being very organized. The people a Deloitte are very dedicated and work hard and play hard. The hardest part of the job is finding work/life balance due to the nature of the practice. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new procedures, processes – more... and meeting a variety of people. – less
a good place to work
Lead Developer / Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Good compensation and opportunities. Normal working hours yet flexible to meet the needs of employees. Great colleagues to work with, with opportunity for collaboration and cross platform knowledge transfer.
Learned how to be resourceful and meet tight deadlines
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee), MontrealDecember 20, 2012
Overall, the experience was pleasant and working at Deloitte taught me how to be resourceful and independent. In addition, meeting deadlines and working long hours was common.
a very good company for working
Payroll administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2012
Deloitte is a very good company and I learned a lot from there. The co-workers are very good also
Great company to work for, many perks
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 13, 2012
Pros: work/life balance, good pay, room for advancement
Cons: managers changed frequently
Enjoyed working for Deloitte, I was able to gain a lot of valuable knowledge in many administrative tasks as well as financial and accounting. Worked with a very diverse and big group of people. The company treated its employees well and offered incentives for a job well done.
Best job I've had to date!
Tax Validator (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJuly 21, 2012
Pros: great work atmosphere, unparalleled
Cons: long hours
I am a CA student and I enjoyed a 4 month contract with Deloitte and it exceeded my expectations in every way.

I hope to once again be an employee of Deloitte in the near future while doing my CA!
• IFRS, US GAAP/SEC, and Canadian GAAP expert ;
Senior Manager, Assurance Services (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2012
• IFRS, US GAAP/SEC, and Canadian GAAP expert ;
• Global Business Experience;
• International expert in External Audit (USGAAS, ISA & CAS), Internal Audit, Compliance and Enterprise risk management systems(ERM);
• COSO Framework: control environment, risk assessment, control activities, and monitoring;
• SOX 404:design of risks areas and key controls
 – more... Large -scale of project management experience; and
• Staff Training and Development – less
Sr. Admin Asst
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJune 13, 2012
Pros: learning lots of new skiils
Cons: long hours
-Edit engagement letters, transmittal letters and board reports using Microsoft Word.
-Prepare client invoices and process accounting write offs using Microsoft Excel.
-Perform filing and clerical duties as well as process expense claims.
At Deloitte I have learnt significantly about internal controls, audit of public companies, and teamwork
Audit Senior (Current Employee), New YorkMay 21, 2012
Pros: great working experience
Cons: long hours
Deloitte has provided me a great opportunity to apply my past knowledge and learn from new issues in the engagement. My mangerrial skills has signficantly imporved as we were a team of 20 auditors.
Professional Profile
Senior Accountant, Assurance and Advisory (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2012
A Chartered Accountant with three years of experience at a multinational private professional services organization with expertise in assurance, review, and compliance.
Interesting and productive work enviroment
Learning Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: not ending days
There was not a similar day in a week; tasks varied during the week.
I was able to excel my training session coordination/ planning skills. It involved project management, when it came to translation projects. I had nice and caring co-workers. The hardest part of the job was a manual comparison of two very large spreadsheet; which would take more than – more... a week; however, in return, I enjoyed the event planning and Website Maintenance part of the job. – less
Good learning experience
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2011
Pros: camaraderie between peers, aquisition of new skills
Cons: leadership can be glacial and non supportive, extremely long hours, lack of work life balance
Excellent learning experience within a culture that is demanding and glacial. Scholarly communication skills in this formal corporate setting are essential when dealing with eminent leadership.
Interesting experience
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Mumbai, IndiaAugust 27, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours, work from home option
Cons: long working hours, frequent change in projects, too much dependency on networking
Work culture in Deloitte makes it different from regular IT companies. The projects are complex and there many opportunities to learn and work in different technologies.

There can be very long hours at certain times and you need a very strong networking skills to rise in this company.
Eh...
IT Security and Compliance Senior Level Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 27, 2014
Getting on hands experience was limited. The promotion opportunity was sporadic.
Low compensation benefits but good place to start
Audit Senior (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good first job
Cons: low compensation. bad work/life balance
good place to start.
very low compensation.
long hours.
Work like Investment Bankers but get paid 1/3 of them.
Intern (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 25, 2014
Great experience with the company and would recommend for students who want a taste of public accounting.
Enjoyable work environment
Staff Audit Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 24, 2014
The work is very collaborative among the Audit staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is rotating between clients as an entry-level Auditor.
Good place to work.
Technology Consultant (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 24, 2014
Maintains a good work life balance, and good work culture.Flexible work timings, and colleagues good to work with.
Learning and fun at job !
Tax Consultant I (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 20, 2014
Pros: lunches, dinners, team meting with us managers
Cons: extremely pressurizing long hours at work, no systematic approach of wok an division of work.
A typical day at work would be, logging in on time, check daily sign in sheets, check emails and meet the immediate seniors present on the project present in the office and plan the work for that day . finish the work on time, giving update about the work in progress on hourly basis.
Lunch time is a part of de stressing with colleagues and help in networking – more... and handling pressure during busy schedules effectively.

Colleagues are extremely supportive, talented and have in depth knowledge of work to help the workflow smoothing out.

Most enjoyable part of work, learning new an different softwares related to preparation of tax return, improvise knowledge on work through managers and senior in the team.

Hardest part of job , extreme pressure at work , not managing time and dividing part of work on daily basis rather than geting work once at time, – less
Exposure
Tax Consultant (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 19, 2014
Mostly i work as a tax consultant for US Clients .we received the provided documents by clients and create the work paper and file return for them.
There have been alot of exposure to deal with new people everyday and work with highly qualified ones

About Deloitte

Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single – Read more