Deloitte Employee Reviews in Canada

Nightmare of a company
Office (Former Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 18, 2014
Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy!

Partners are completely disrespectful to administrative staff. Could not believe how I saw them treat their assistants, how they spoke to them, the demands they put on them. I also watched sr. mgmt. blame assistants for mistakes they made, and never stepped up.

They made promises they had no intention of keeping.

At orientation they actually told us we would be gone in a year, but also easy to replace. A dime a dozen. First day on the job, that's how they greet you? Wow.

Pay is not competitive with industry, at all.

Absolutely no respect for work/life balance. The expectation is that no matter what may happen in your life, even a family death, is not more important than work.

So very, very glad I left!
Pros
leaving
Cons
too many to list
An excellent place to work for and where they take seriously work/life balance arrangements.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downtown, Toronto, ONMay 15, 2013
Worked extensively with Excel spreadsheets, typed several invoices and proofread documents. You learn to multi-task quickly, often with tight deadlines, in this environment while at the same time paying close attention to details. Management strives for work/life balance and co-workers are great back-up support and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is to fit everything into one day.
Pros
great benefits, great people.
Cons
pressure to complete large volume of work on a timely basis.
Good
Manager, Assurance and Advisory (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Excellent organization to work for. Great professionals to work with. I really enjoyed working in this organization.
Great place to work with excellent people
Manager, Strategy & Operations, Consulting (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Loved working at Deloitte. Amazing place to learn and work with great clients. They need to clarify career progression paths
Pros
Great people, fantastic projects
Cons
Lacks mentorship and coaching environment
Average
Senior Word Processor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 13, 2015
Co-workers are very nice, management and so forth. Overall the company doesn't value the loyalty and experience of their employees. Many people have left for other jobs in other company.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
No recognition where it is due
Good place to work, with lots of opportunity for advancement
Word Processing Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
-Typical day at work involves plenty of administrative work, reformatting, printing letters and financial statements
-Learned the ins and outs of my department, got great experience of working for a huge company and as part of a team where attention to detail was the most important aspect of the position
-Management was friendly and approachable and very honest with regards to the work being done and the possibilities of advancement
Pros
Plenty of opportunity for advancement
Cons
Quiet office, no team events
Great staff discounts, decent management
Business Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 11, 2014
Most days were spent assisting customers or cleaning the store and stock. I learned a lot of communication skills and to be patient with customer needs. The management did a good job instilling product knowledge and desire to wear the brand in the customer. Co-workers for the most part we easy-going though some were too competitive. The hardest part of the job would be opening or closing shifts which can last well into midnight or start early in the morning. The most enjoyable aspect would be the discount on merchandise.
A company with good standards. Too stratified.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
I enjoyed this position very much. I dealt with internal clients from around the world, arranging travel and events.

I had the opportunity to write articles for an international magazine.

The person I assisted was a micro-manager and that was extremely annoying. Partners have a lot of power, they are like mini-gods.

You are expected to be perfect in every way. Mistakes are not tolerated. There is a culture of super-achievers and a lot of the professional staff are engineering grads. Extreme attention to detail is the norm.

I loved my co-workers. We cooperated very well on projects that involved our various heads of departments.

I left this company to travel abroad and when I returned and tried to contact them concerning references, they never returned any of my calls.
Pros
clear employment practice standards
Cons
vague execution of those standards below certain levels
Know what to expect
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 4, 2014
Getting your CPA designation is supposed to be tough but an opportunity to prove yourself. Deloitte has a wealth of clients that keeps employees super busy and on the go. Don't go in expecting 40 hour weeks and great pay, but expect to go in and work hard, learn a lot and meet great people.
Pros
systematic annual promotions
Cons
long hours, low starting salary, minimal scheduling flexibility
Dynamic global firm; opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world; high degree of excellence
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 4, 2013
I have over 15 years of experience working with and advising professionals who are often exceptional in their respective areas of expertise; and I thrive in an environment where I am exposed to new concepts, ideas and brilliant people who inspire me.

We work hard. Our teams function with a high degree of excellent and personal accountability. And our hard work is balanced with the ability to work from just about anywhere.

I've had the opportunity to engage in challenging and meaningful projects. Learning is encouraged and I have continued my professional education over the years through a variety of courses, programs and conferences.
Pros
embraces innovation, life balance is encouraged, opportunity to work with amazing people, continual learning
Cons
matrix structure can sometimes be limiting; advancement to more senior positions is limited
Ok environment.
SAP Netweaver Administrator, RMS Upgrade Project (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Deloitte in my last project. The office environment was very tense at the end of the project because of some changes in management.
Diversité des taches
Auditeur junior (Former Employee) –  ParisJune 22, 2015
Secteurs d’intervention : pharmaceutique, maritime, prêt à porter, alimentaire, télécommunications et agriculture
• Contrôler l’application des normes et procédures de l’entreprise, comprendre le cycle, identifier les risques, identifier les activités de contrôle
• Diagnostiquer les dysfonctionnements dans les procédures de gestion, d’organisation ou dans les méthodes de travail (contrôle de la fiabilité de l’information financière, qualité des procédés, contrôle des comptes, mesure des risques légaux et règlementaires)
• Auditer selon la méthodologie AS2 les sections suivantes : immobilisations, clients, fournisseurs, capitaux propres, valeurs mobilières de placement et disponibilités
Pros
Voyage dans différentes régions du pays
always a wonderful place to work
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
love my job at Deloitte, a typical day at work was working with my team doing all aspect of mail run courier and processing of invoice. management of two employee, my co-workers was a wonderful team love working them, hardest part of my job was balancing my work and home life which was done well, enjoyable part is going to work and work with a wonderful team
Pros
getting to partake in events like united way impact day
Cons
well i have to work long hours because of tax season and right fax hours
Interesting and productive work enviroment
Learning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
There was not a similar day in a week; tasks varied during the week.
I was able to excel my training session coordination/ planning skills. It involved project management, when it came to translation projects. I had nice and caring co-workers. The hardest part of the job was a manual comparison of two very large spreadsheet; which would take more than a week; however, in return, I enjoyed the event planning and Website Maintenance part of the job.
Pros
compensation
Cons
not ending days
High productivity, extremely fast-paced environment
Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 12, 2014
- Work environment to the likes of an investment bank (management structure, work hours, fast-paced)
- Managed various capital markets transactions including M&A, divestitures, debt restructuring
- Team was incredibly helpful with creating a well-rounded learning experience
Pros
Tasks differ every week, experienced team, lots to learn
Cons
Long hours, pay below average
Good place to excel in your career.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
- Thrived in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with interesting new challenges in the day.
- A determined and proactive assistant adept in managing busy calendars, coordinating international travel, organizing large-scale meetings and event planning.
- Provided support with a sense of urgency to anticipate the needs of senior-level executives. Collaborated effectively with senior officers and colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Utilized strong technical, analytical, excellent literacy, time management, communication and decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic coupled with the knowledge of upholding confidentiality.
- Managed third-party vendors.
- Offered training new colleagues and shared best practices to team members.
- Acquired a large network of business colleagues.
- The hardest part of the job was procrastinating a deliverable due to thorough review of task at hand.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring a deeper knowledge of clients and their needs.
Pros
stand up reward points for recognition on a good job done.
Cons
multi-task - phone discussion, responding to instant messaging and email all at one time!
Nice office and lifestyle
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMarch 24, 2014
Nice people, quite office in Marketing, no real personality for a marketing team which is rare in this area. The office is beautiful and they have great benefits, just boring. But for a lifestyle with children in the picture you can go home by 6pm.
Pros
nice office, professional, benefits
Cons
boring, no real culture or unity. everyone to them selves in back office, not the same in the services.
Great company to work for, many perks
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 13, 2012
Enjoyed working for Deloitte, I was able to gain a lot of valuable knowledge in many administrative tasks as well as financial and accounting. Worked with a very diverse and big group of people. The company treated its employees well and offered incentives for a job well done.
Pros
work/life balance, good pay, room for advancement
Cons
managers changed frequently
Great learning, opportunity to work on different technologies, opportunity to work on POCs and POVs or build your own accelerator
Consultant Technology (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, National Capital Region, IndiaFebruary 27, 2015
10-12 Hrs a day
New technologies in BW
Management is good have open door policy
Co-workers are helpful
have to work on initiatives in addition to project work
Activities on the floor and various competitions
Pros
Learning
Cons
Less Onsite opportunities
Good learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2011
Excellent learning experience within a culture that is demanding and glacial. Scholarly communication skills in this formal corporate setting are essential when dealing with eminent leadership.
Pros
camaraderie between peers, aquisition of new skills
Cons
leadership can be glacial and non supportive, extremely long hours, lack of work life balance