Deloitte Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company to work for
Billing Coordinator /Analyst (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2014
No complaints about working at Deloitte. Great group of people to work with. The atmosphere is appealing, and the compensation is compatible.
Pros
wellness plan
Cons
n/a
Dynamic global firm; opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world; high degree of excellence
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 4, 2013
I have over 15 years of experience working with and advising professionals who are often exceptional in their respective areas of expertise; and I thrive in an environment where I am exposed to new concepts, ideas and brilliant people who inspire me.

We work hard. Our teams function with a high degree of excellent and personal accountability. And our hard work is balanced with the ability to work from just about anywhere.

I've had the opportunity to engage in challenging and meaningful projects. Learning is encouraged and I have continued my professional education over the years through a variety of courses, programs and conferences.
Pros
embraces innovation, life balance is encouraged, opportunity to work with amazing people, continual learning
Cons
matrix structure can sometimes be limiting; advancement to more senior positions is limited
Good place to excel in your career.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
- Thrived in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with interesting new challenges in the day.
- A determined and proactive assistant adept in managing busy calendars, coordinating international travel, organizing large-scale meetings and event planning.
- Provided support with a sense of urgency to anticipate the needs of senior-level executives. Collaborated effectively with senior officers and colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Utilized strong technical, analytical, excellent literacy, time management, communication and decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic coupled with the knowledge of upholding confidentiality.
- Managed third-party vendors.
- Offered training new colleagues and shared best practices to team members.
- Acquired a large network of business colleagues.
- The hardest part of the job was procrastinating a deliverable due to thorough review of task at hand.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring a deeper knowledge of clients and their needs.
Pros
stand up reward points for recognition on a good job done.
Cons
multi-task - phone discussion, responding to instant messaging and email all at one time!
Accounting firm
Co-op terms (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2015
As a Senior Auditor, it allowed exposure to many different fields of the economy. It allowed to meet and work with different people, sometime also visiting other countries.
Great staff discounts, decent management
Business Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 11, 2014
Most days were spent assisting customers or cleaning the store and stock. I learned a lot of communication skills and to be patient with customer needs. The management did a good job instilling product knowledge and desire to wear the brand in the customer. Co-workers for the most part we easy-going though some were too competitive. The hardest part of the job would be opening or closing shifts which can last well into midnight or start early in the morning. The most enjoyable aspect would be the discount on merchandise.
Great learning, opportunity to work on different technologies, opportunity to work on POCs and POVs or build your own accelerator
Consultant Technology (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, National Capital Region, IndiaFebruary 27, 2015
10-12 Hrs a day
New technologies in BW
Management is good have open door policy
Co-workers are helpful
have to work on initiatives in addition to project work
Activities on the floor and various competitions
Pros
Learning
Cons
Less Onsite opportunities
always a wonderful place to work
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
love my job at Deloitte, a typical day at work was working with my team doing all aspect of mail run courier and processing of invoice. management of two employee, my co-workers was a wonderful team love working them, hardest part of my job was balancing my work and home life which was done well, enjoyable part is going to work and work with a wonderful team
Pros
getting to partake in events like united way impact day
Cons
well i have to work long hours because of tax season and right fax hours
A company with good standards. Too stratified.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
I enjoyed this position very much. I dealt with internal clients from around the world, arranging travel and events.

I had the opportunity to write articles for an international magazine.

The person I assisted was a micro-manager and that was extremely annoying. Partners have a lot of power, they are like mini-gods.

You are expected to be perfect in every way. Mistakes are not tolerated. There is a culture of super-achievers and a lot of the professional staff are engineering grads. Extreme attention to detail is the norm.

I loved my co-workers. We cooperated very well on projects that involved our various heads of departments.

I left this company to travel abroad and when I returned and tried to contact them concerning references, they never returned any of my calls.
Pros
clear employment practice standards
Cons
vague execution of those standards below certain levels
Experienced and highly qualified administrative/accounting assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
• Exceptional Organization and Customer Service Skills
• Keen Attention to Detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office( Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Outlook
• Excellent knowledge of accounting software such as Quickbooks, ACCPACC, Simply accounting and e-tapestry
• Detail Orientated, Accurate, Flexible and Reliable
• Team Player with the Ability to Work Effectively in any Environment
• Ability to Develop, Execute, Integrate, and Track Creative Marketing Materials
• Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Great company to work for, many perks
Administrative and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 13, 2012
Enjoyed working for Deloitte, I was able to gain a lot of valuable knowledge in many administrative tasks as well as financial and accounting. Worked with a very diverse and big group of people. The company treated its employees well and offered incentives for a job well done.
Pros
work/life balance, good pay, room for advancement
Cons
managers changed frequently
Great Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Working for Deloitte is a great experience. You expand your technical knowledge, develop your soft skills and work with the best talents in the industry. It is not a 9-5 job and requires a lot of commitment and hard work but you develop significant experience through projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is the nature of change. There's no way you get bored or feel you are not learning.
Pros
great learning experience, developing in all aspects and interesting job
Cons
long hours, travelling (if you do not want to travel)
Fast Pace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 13, 2014
Great people but not the greatest pay. Lots of room for advancement. Good reputation. No performance incentives.
Pros
Cons
little pay
Team Bulding Activity
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
I used to prioritize the day task by starting the online conference with development team in India to discuss the project development and then having meeting with testing team to assign them the task and update on testing progress. As a QA I was always involved in the project development meeting and it make me to complete my task as testing in certain duration and also to update on test cases if some thing came on change as short duration.

The most Important thing i learned was Team building and Management skill.

It was great team which always help and support. As a QA team member use to coordinate the meeting for our QA team to discuss the testing process and assign them a task including myself. I closely worked with Business analyst team and project manager which helps me to make understand the Business process.
fly every week
Intern analyst (Former Employee) –  analystMay 5, 2015
fly every week, cause the projects are in different cities and always far away from you home, working as a consultant is a man in the air
Good learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2011
Excellent learning experience within a culture that is demanding and glacial. Scholarly communication skills in this formal corporate setting are essential when dealing with eminent leadership.
Pros
camaraderie between peers, aquisition of new skills
Cons
leadership can be glacial and non supportive, extremely long hours, lack of work life balance
Long hours but spent with good people
Senior - Real Estate, Mining and Resources (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2014
From January till the end of March, you will be lucky to leave the office while the sun is still up. But other than those three months, the work/life balance is good. Worked on few of the biggest companies in the world and was very interesting to deal with some of the transactions that they undertook.
Pros
good people, good work/life balance.
Cons
long hours, average wages
Good place to build soft skills
Senior Consultant Strategy & Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2015
You will have the opportunity to learn many soft skills (project management, report writing, research, presentations) that will prove useful anywhere else in your country.
Priductive and Engaging place to work, with the added benefit of slushies
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
A typical day at work finds me learning something new everyday, being quick to resolve issues and being very organized. The people a Deloitte are very dedicated and work hard and play hard. The hardest part of the job is finding work/life balance due to the nature of the practice. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new procedures, processes and meeting a variety of people.
productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 28, 2014
I like working with people and most of the employee that I work with are very helpful.
Pros
pay for school fees for advancement
Cons
long hrs.
fun
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
According to Gartner’s Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2015, cloud computing becomes part of the new IT reality. While cloud computing helps companies increase business agility by enabling new business models, but it also requires additional vigilance in ensuring data security beyond the traditional confines of IT