Deloitte Employee Reviews

A big4 with smart people, interesting projects and no work life balance
Management Consultant - Strategy & Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2015
Internal culture is very dependent on location
Project can be interesting if you're lucky. No control over what project type you get staffed in, which is tricky for one's desire to specialise.
Pros
good overall package
Cons
No work life balance and some toxic employees can spoil work atmosphere
Work hard / play hard
Auditeur adjoint (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 11, 2015
My tasks consisted to analyse process and verify controls, and participate to the external audit of the clients.
The team is young, professionnal and performant.It's a really stimulating environnement to learn.
The job is really demanding, we work long hours, but we learn a lot.
very stressful and busy headoffice for Deloitte Canada
Reception / Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
The headoffice of Deloitte Canada is very busy non stop stressful position with a constant flow of clients and colleagues. I really liked the people I got to know and work with everyday but as the office got busier the workload seemed to get unmanageable. The management was not supportive of growth therefore it was hard to move around and develop more skills.
Pros
free lunches, great people
Cons
stressful
Old school thinking
Head, Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2015
Excellent people from an intellectual standpoint. However the culture is old school: top down, paternalistic, parochial, hire young grads work them to the bone, pyramid scheme under partners who own the firm with minimal opprty. to become partner, a lot of staff turnover.
Pros
smart and engaging people
Cons
inflexible culture, poor quality work, top down management
Very good work environment
Administration/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Its a very demanding day but fun its very multitasking all day long with speed and time management all day long.How important time and multitasking can be,my co-workers are friendly and a team player , ending the day without completing all my days work , enjoyable pat of the job is going to work and making the customers happy and see my co-working ,
Pros
lots of free goodies
Cons
reasonable hours
Deloitte Business Operations
Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
A lot is expected of Deloitte staff and the work can be very tiring, however, do you come home feeling like you have earned your money.
Management, for the large part is great to work with, but with the high levels of work that they have, it can be difficult to get a hold of them when you need them. In saying that, it does force you to develop yourself quickly and teach yourself new skills due to the level of autonomy that you have.
My co-workers are some of the most incredible people I have met and would be a great addition to any company that takes them on in the future.
A worrying feature, is the amount of contract work in all departments and the high rate of turn over.
Pros
Starbucks Coffee
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Encouraging Management
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2015
Great place to work and improve skills. Supportive Management and team members
Lots of learning and growing. Met and made great friends
Pros
Flexible work arrangement
Cooperative co-workers, and effective managers
Accounts payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 23, 2015
Deloitte is a company that is like a home. The co-workers were easy to communicate with and helped each other with many tasks. Each day the work would pile but by the end it would get done due to the fast workers and supportive management.
Diverse learning, learning and growth and cross knowledge available for learning and advancement
SR. INSOLVENCY COUNSELOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Everyday was new and exciting and never was there one day like the other. Run client reports and reviewing creditors and preparing for counselling or first meet with debtors.
It is very difficult to put in such a small space what has been learned. Professionally growing within the insolvency community, understanding of Income tax, Personal Property Security, Family Law Acts, etc. Psychologically understanding human nature and how to reach beyond that to build trust.
My co-workers (whom most have moved on) were wonderful to work with and made each day a joy and excitement to come into the office each day.
The hardest part of the job was telling debtors that the creditors had rejected the proposal and finding alternatives if that an option for their circumstance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that you saw how you were able to create hope and peace in their lives, help mend the broken pieces of their lives.
Pros
As much learning as you wanted
Cons
corporate politics
Overall a great corporation to work for
Records Management (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2015
The thing I like about Deloitte is that they value work/life balance. In my time here the people and co-workers are the best thing. The sometimes difficult thing is the high turnover. The hardest part of my job is that we are very understaffed at the moment so I have to wear many hats.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Frustrating management styles
Unique daily experiences that were challenging and rewarding
Communications Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OnOctober 13, 2015
During my four years at Deloitte as a summer student working with Communications, I was taught by great managers what it means to be a strong corporate writer. Learning about a company's unique voice, and what it means to use it to it's full potential to create uniformity across the firm, while also getting practitioners to read need-to-know information alongside human interest stories, is how workplace culture is communicated and leads individuals to participate within the firm.

I appreciated all that I learned from this great company, with every interactions being a new learning experience.
Pros
great managers and coworkers
You're assigned a budy for 6 Months to guide you
Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work with lots of wonderful people.
I was working in a new department, which didn't know how many staff they needed, so I was told in advance, I have a year contract but could end before if not enough work for everyone.

Was assigned a budy but when she got too busy, she didn't have time to guide me.
Pros
Great benefits despite being on a contract with an assigned laptop and smart phone
Cons
Not assigned a desk, must reserve your desk every two weeks, can't keep the same desk
Fast paced environment with great learning opportunities
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2015
Involves providing tax compliance and consulting services. Very professional environment with daily client interactions.
Profile Summary
Solution Advisor- Cyber Risk (Current Employee) –  DelhiJuly 29, 2015
Sumit has Five(5) years of increasingly responsible experience in Information Security with solid background in Cyber Security and risk management. He has worked with clients in the Retail Sector, Banking & Financial Sector and Telecom Industry. So far he has worked on multiple domains, including IT Security, Risk management, IT Risk Assessment, Cyber Threat Analysis, Third party security gap analysis as a part of business continuity and disaster recovery planning, Compliance management (ISO 27001 & PCI-DSS), Internal Audits, SIEM Technology and IDS/IPS Platform checks.
Ok environment.
SAP Netweaver Administrator, RMS Upgrade Project (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 23, 2015
I enjoyed working for Deloitte in my last project. The office environment was very tense at the end of the project because of some changes in management.
Great place to work with excellent people
Manager, Strategy & Operations, Consulting (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Loved working at Deloitte. Amazing place to learn and work with great clients. They need to clarify career progression paths
Pros
Great people, fantastic projects
Cons
Lacks mentorship and coaching environment
Work Life Balance
Audit Senior, Assurance Services (Former Employee) –  BahrainJuly 9, 2015
It was my first international audit experience in Big4. The good part of the job was to see and learn the culture and work of versatile external audit clients. Co-workers were friendly and the perfect part was the work life balance, which is very hard to find in Assurance services.
Pros
Work life balance and friendly environment
Event and Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 3, 2015
Good Company and very smart people and lots of room for advancement. Very long hours.
Very well managed company. Ok benefits.
Accounting firm
Co-op terms (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2015
As a Senior Auditor, it allowed exposure to many different fields of the economy. It allowed to meet and work with different people, sometime also visiting other countries.
Diversité des taches
Auditeur junior (Former Employee) –  ParisJune 22, 2015
Secteurs d’intervention : pharmaceutique, maritime, prêt à porter, alimentaire, télécommunications et agriculture
• Contrôler l’application des normes et procédures de l’entreprise, comprendre le cycle, identifier les risques, identifier les activités de contrôle
• Diagnostiquer les dysfonctionnements dans les procédures de gestion, d’organisation ou dans les méthodes de travail (contrôle de la fiabilité de l’information financière, qualité des procédés, contrôle des comptes, mesure des risques légaux et règlementaires)
• Auditer selon la méthodologie AS2 les sections suivantes : immobilisations, clients, fournisseurs, capitaux propres, valeurs mobilières de placement et disponibilités
Pros
Voyage dans différentes régions du pays