Deloitte Employee Reviews in Canada

Great career advancement early on
Senior Consultant, Enterprise Risk Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2016
It's a typical consulting work environment where it's very network driven. Overall it's a great place to start your career and boost your soft skills, which are transferable to almost everywhere. However, it is not a 9 to 5 job, so just be aware. People are great and generally very supportive.
Very rewarding!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 30, 2016
They really help you grow professionally and establish a strong network.
Hours are long, especially during busy season but it definitely gives you a lot of experience.
Job insecurity
Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
Well my job was offered as a contract so there was no security that I would be able to receive a job once the contract was completed.
Pros
The people
Cons
Contract
Deloitte.
Manager (Assurance & Advisory) (Former Employee) –  CanadaDecember 7, 2015
Excellent entity to work for professional growth in the early stages of career in finance, accounting and various other service lines.
Good
Manager, Assurance and Advisory (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Excellent organization to work for. Great professionals to work with. I really enjoyed working in this organization.
Large heartless, mindless company
DMS (Former Employee) –  CanadaNovember 18, 2015
To management people are just numbers. To co-workers the people here are friends and family. You can be fired at any time for any reason, but that is what you expect working for a large company. Management make decisions that would only make sense in an alternate dimension.
Pros
Occasionally you get left over food
Cons
No recognition
A growing and ambitious firm
Management Consultant - Strategy & Operations FSI (Former Employee) –  Dublin, DNovember 12, 2015
A big4 with a very welcoming atmosphere.
You get lucky if you join the team. A lot of exciting stuff is happening.
Work hard play harder with a very young team.
Opportunities for international mobility.
Pros
Smart and great people
Cons
growing team size can affect the entrepreneurial spirit of the team
A big4 with smart people, interesting projects and no work life balance
Management Consultant - Strategy & Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 12, 2015
Internal culture is very dependent on location
Project can be interesting if you're lucky. No control over what project type you get staffed in, which is tricky for one's desire to specialise.
Pros
good overall package
Cons
No work life balance and some toxic employees can spoil work atmosphere
Work hard / play hard
Auditeur adjoint (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 11, 2015
My tasks consisted to analyse process and verify controls, and participate to the external audit of the clients.
The team is young, professionnal and performant.It's a really stimulating environnement to learn.
The job is really demanding, we work long hours, but we learn a lot.
very stressful and busy headoffice for Deloitte Canada
Reception / Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
The headoffice of Deloitte Canada is very busy non stop stressful position with a constant flow of clients and colleagues. I really liked the people I got to know and work with everyday but as the office got busier the workload seemed to get unmanageable. The management was not supportive of growth therefore it was hard to move around and develop more skills.
Pros
free lunches, great people
Cons
stressful
Old school thinking
Head, Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2015
Excellent people from an intellectual standpoint. However the culture is old school: top down, paternalistic, parochial, hire young grads work them to the bone, pyramid scheme under partners who own the firm with minimal opprty. to become partner, a lot of staff turnover.
Pros
smart and engaging people
Cons
inflexible culture, poor quality work, top down management
Very good work environment
Administration/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Its a very demanding day but fun its very multitasking all day long with speed and time management all day long.How important time and multitasking can be,my co-workers are friendly and a team player , ending the day without completing all my days work , enjoyable pat of the job is going to work and making the customers happy and see my co-working ,
Pros
lots of free goodies
Cons
reasonable hours
Deloitte Business Operations
Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
A lot is expected of Deloitte staff and the work can be very tiring, however, do you come home feeling like you have earned your money.
Management, for the large part is great to work with, but with the high levels of work that they have, it can be difficult to get a hold of them when you need them. In saying that, it does force you to develop yourself quickly and teach yourself new skills due to the level of autonomy that you have.
My co-workers are some of the most incredible people I have met and would be a great addition to any company that takes them on in the future.
A worrying feature, is the amount of contract work in all departments and the high rate of turn over.
Pros
Starbucks Coffee
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Encouraging Management
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2015
Great place to work and improve skills. Supportive Management and team members
Lots of learning and growing. Met and made great friends
Pros
Flexible work arrangement
Cooperative co-workers, and effective managers
Accounts payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 23, 2015
Deloitte is a company that is like a home. The co-workers were easy to communicate with and helped each other with many tasks. Each day the work would pile but by the end it would get done due to the fast workers and supportive management.
Diverse learning, learning and growth and cross knowledge available for learning and advancement
SR. INSOLVENCY COUNSELOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Everyday was new and exciting and never was there one day like the other. Run client reports and reviewing creditors and preparing for counselling or first meet with debtors.
It is very difficult to put in such a small space what has been learned. Professionally growing within the insolvency community, understanding of Income tax, Personal Property Security, Family Law Acts, etc. Psychologically understanding human nature and how to reach beyond that to build trust.
My co-workers (whom most have moved on) were wonderful to work with and made each day a joy and excitement to come into the office each day.
The hardest part of the job was telling debtors that the creditors had rejected the proposal and finding alternatives if that an option for their circumstance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that you saw how you were able to create hope and peace in their lives, help mend the broken pieces of their lives.
Pros
As much learning as you wanted
Cons
corporate politics
Overall a great corporation to work for
Records Management (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2015
The thing I like about Deloitte is that they value work/life balance. In my time here the people and co-workers are the best thing. The sometimes difficult thing is the high turnover. The hardest part of my job is that we are very understaffed at the moment so I have to wear many hats.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Frustrating management styles
Unique daily experiences that were challenging and rewarding
Communications Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OnOctober 13, 2015
During my four years at Deloitte as a summer student working with Communications, I was taught by great managers what it means to be a strong corporate writer. Learning about a company's unique voice, and what it means to use it to it's full potential to create uniformity across the firm, while also getting practitioners to read need-to-know information alongside human interest stories, is how workplace culture is communicated and leads individuals to participate within the firm.

I appreciated all that I learned from this great company, with every interactions being a new learning experience.
Pros
great managers and coworkers
You're assigned a budy for 6 Months to guide you
Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work with lots of wonderful people.
I was working in a new department, which didn't know how many staff they needed, so I was told in advance, I have a year contract but could end before if not enough work for everyone.

Was assigned a budy but when she got too busy, she didn't have time to guide me.
Pros
Great benefits despite being on a contract with an assigned laptop and smart phone
Cons
Not assigned a desk, must reserve your desk every two weeks, can't keep the same desk
Fast paced environment with great learning opportunities
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2015
Involves providing tax compliance and consulting services. Very professional environment with daily client interactions.