Deloitte

Deloitte Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Know what to expect
Senior Auditor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: systematic annual promotions
Cons: long hours, low starting salary, minimal scheduling flexibility
Getting your CPA designation is supposed to be tough but an opportunity to prove yourself. Deloitte has a wealth of clients that keeps employees super busy and on the go. Don't go in expecting 40 hour weeks and great pay, but expect to go in and work hard, learn a lot and meet great people.
Great experience
Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Deloitte provides employees with excellent learning opportunities and diverse experience, gained through a wide variety of projects.
Great company to work for
Billing Coordinator /Analyst (Full-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: wellness plan
Cons: n/a
No complaints about working at Deloitte. Great group of people to work with. The atmosphere is appealing, and the compensation is compatible.
Good Career Advancement
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2014
Deloitte is a good company to have on your resume, and you will gain valuable work experience working there. Quality of work/life balance is dependent on your client load and the team you work with.
Productive and comforting place to work
Office Assistant- Business Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2014
Typical day would include assisting others in the office with daily duties. Duties included Mail, Reproduction, Filing, Catering and Data Entry. I have enjoyed every aspect of my position here including co-workers.
Great benefits, Professional environment
Portfolio Management Intern (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 17, 2013
The time spent at Deloitte was an incredible learning experience. I was lucky enough to be paired with an amazing coach and manager. Very results-oriented environment. Work life balance will highly depend on the role you play in the company.
Interesting place to work, lots of challenges
Team Lead / Senior Consultant, JDEdwards (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 11, 2013
Good employer
Good place to start a career
High standards for auditing practice
e-training available
Not great money but good to have on resume
Internal Accounting (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2013
This is a good name to have on your resume to advance your career but not somewhere you can stay long term. The pay needs to improve along with the internal culture.
Productive place
Talent Services Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2013
Pros: flexible work arrangements
Cons: long hours
Very good team. Positive environment. Flexible work arrangements. Great brand
A great place to work but not enough work/life balance
Executive Assistant/Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), CalgaryNovember 11, 2013
Pros: very busy active place, great people
Cons: not enough balance for work/life
A typical day is found to be non stop from start to finish.
I learned a great deal about the accounting functions and how they relate.
A very busy active environment, client driven, great people to work with.
Extremely productive and great lunch room with free drinks - slurpies etc.
Hardest part of the job - more work than time to do it
Most enjoyable – more... part of the job was the people! – less
great place to kickstart your career
Audit Intern (Former Employee), MalaysiaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: good seniors
As an audit intern, I worked on individual sections of the audit assignment. I would test the Accounts Receivables and Account Payables of the company while the seniors handle the entire audit project.
Most enjoyable part of being a consultant is.....
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2013
Pros: no two days are the same!
Cons: no two days are the same!
..... the same as the hardest part of the job.

Digesting complex topics every single day. Experiencing interesting client environments where you are responsible for figuring out and solving major problems. The obligation we have to our clients to be methodical, thoughtful and careful when we make recommendations. The change and duty to directly impact – more... people's lives every day with the work that we do. Being thrown in at the deep end and swimming for your life. Producing great quality work to very high expectations. Supportive workplace. Brilliant mentors. The trust our clients have in us. – less
Dynamic global firm; opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world; high degree of excellence
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: embraces innovation, life balance is encouraged, opportunity to work with amazing people, continual learning
Cons: matrix structure can sometimes be limiting; advancement to more senior positions is limited
I have over 15 years of experience working with and advising professionals who are often exceptional in their respective areas of expertise; and I thrive in an environment where I am exposed to new concepts, ideas and brilliant people who inspire me.

We work hard. Our teams function with a high degree of excellent and personal accountability. And our – more... hard work is balanced with the ability to work from just about anywhere.

I've had the opportunity to engage in challenging and meaningful projects. Learning is encouraged and I have continued my professional education over the years through a variety of courses, programs and conferences. – less
A company with good standards. Too stratified.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
Pros: clear employment practice standards
Cons: vague execution of those standards below certain levels
I enjoyed this position very much. I dealt with internal clients from around the world, arranging travel and events.

I had the opportunity to write articles for an international magazine.

The person I assisted was a micro-manager and that was extremely annoying. Partners have a lot of power, they are like mini-gods.

You are expected to be perfect – more... in every way. Mistakes are not tolerated. There is a culture of super-achievers and a lot of the professional staff are engineering grads. Extreme attention to detail is the norm.

I loved my co-workers. We cooperated very well on projects that involved our various heads of departments.

I left this company to travel abroad and when I returned and tried to contact them concerning references, they never returned any of my calls. – less
Great place to develop skills and your brand
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJune 18, 2013
Pros: build an amazing array of skills, talented people
Cons: work life balance is very tough with families
- Great place to develop skills
- Ability to work with people who are thought leaders
- Exposure to large scale business problems and solutions
- Great brand that is respected by industry
Great working culture, and talented co-workers
Technology Project Manager/Technical Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: talented co-workers, lots of choice of work experience
Cons: long hours, work life balance suffers
Offers a multitude of work experience at all levels. Learned a lot about clients and the consulting business. Developed a strong client facing background and good core consulting skills.
Also loved this position because of the variety of different duties.
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaJune 18, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the workload
This position was always very busy and fast paced. I enjoy being busy with a lot of challenges throughout the day. People were very friendly and helpful.
An excellent place to work for and where they take seriously work/life balance arrangements.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Downtown, Toronto, ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great people.
Cons: pressure to complete large volume of work on a timely basis.
Worked extensively with Excel spreadsheets, typed several invoices and proofread documents. You learn to multi-task quickly, often with tight deadlines, in this environment while at the same time paying close attention to details. Management strives for work/life balance and co-workers are great back-up support and fun to work with. The hardest part – more... of the job is to fit everything into one day. – less
Great Staff!
Technology Summer Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2013
As a new summer student during a stressful and busy time at Deloitte, staff went out of the way to make me feel welcome to ensure that I have a comfortable and warm work environment.
Good jumping board
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2013
Good brand name with lots of young people. Expect to work long hours without getting any recognition

About Deloitte

Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single – Read more