Deloitte

Deloitte Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Most enjoyable part of being a consultant is.....
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2013
Pros: no two days are the same!
Cons: no two days are the same!
..... the same as the hardest part of the job.

Digesting complex topics every single day. Experiencing interesting client environments where you are responsible for figuring out and solving major problems. The obligation we have to our clients to be methodical, thoughtful and careful when we make recommendations. The change and duty to directly impact – more... people's lives every day with the work that we do. Being thrown in at the deep end and swimming for your life. Producing great quality work to very high expectations. Supportive workplace. Brilliant mentors. The trust our clients have in us. – less
School of Experience
MANAGER - AUDIT (Current Employee), Doha, QatarSeptember 10, 2013
Deloitte, being one of the "big 4" firms in the world in providing finance-related professional services, is the place where I have been obtaining concentrated experience in my professional career. the experience varies from technical to analytical to soft skills development whereby everyday is a day for new challenges and knowledge.

With the friendly – more... and cooperative working environment, colleagues are more of a family to each others, all the way from associates to partners.

After more than five years of work at this firm, the hardest yet the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with different kinds of people with different cultures and environments which raises the challenge to a whole new level whereby in the field of service rendering, everybody is required to be satisfied the work in a professional manner. – less
HR Manager - Deloitte Doha, Qatar
HR Manager (Former Employee), DohaSeptember 7, 2013
Deloitte Qatar is a fast growing office. Professional atmosphere and offers a variety of ways to help staff develop and meet their potential.
Dynamic global firm; opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world; high degree of excellence
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: embraces innovation, life balance is encouraged, opportunity to work with amazing people, continual learning
Cons: matrix structure can sometimes be limiting; advancement to more senior positions is limited
I have over 15 years of experience working with and advising professionals who are often exceptional in their respective areas of expertise; and I thrive in an environment where I am exposed to new concepts, ideas and brilliant people who inspire me.

We work hard. Our teams function with a high degree of excellent and personal accountability. And our – more... hard work is balanced with the ability to work from just about anywhere.

I've had the opportunity to engage in challenging and meaningful projects. Learning is encouraged and I have continued my professional education over the years through a variety of courses, programs and conferences. – less
A company with good standards. Too stratified.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
Pros: clear employment practice standards
Cons: vague execution of those standards below certain levels
I enjoyed this position very much. I dealt with internal clients from around the world, arranging travel and events.

I had the opportunity to write articles for an international magazine.

The person I assisted was a micro-manager and that was extremely annoying. Partners have a lot of power, they are like mini-gods.

You are expected to be perfect – more... in every way. Mistakes are not tolerated. There is a culture of super-achievers and a lot of the professional staff are engineering grads. Extreme attention to detail is the norm.

I loved my co-workers. We cooperated very well on projects that involved our various heads of departments.

I left this company to travel abroad and when I returned and tried to contact them concerning references, they never returned any of my calls. – less
Fast paced environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), MumbaiJune 30, 2013
Assisted in audit, reviews, internal control testing engagements.
Great working culture, and talented co-workers
Technology Project Manager/Technical Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: talented co-workers, lots of choice of work experience
Cons: long hours, work life balance suffers
Offers a multitude of work experience at all levels. Learned a lot about clients and the consulting business. Developed a strong client facing background and good core consulting skills.
Also loved this position because of the variety of different duties.
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaJune 18, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the workload
This position was always very busy and fast paced. I enjoy being busy with a lot of challenges throughout the day. People were very friendly and helpful.
Excellent Work Culture
MANAGER IT OPERATIONS (Former Employee), indiaJune 12, 2013
Excellent Work Culture and great pay benefits and career development
An excellent place to work for and where they take seriously work/life balance arrangements.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Downtown, Toronto, ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great people.
Cons: pressure to complete large volume of work on a timely basis.
Worked extensively with Excel spreadsheets, typed several invoices and proofread documents. You learn to multi-task quickly, often with tight deadlines, in this environment while at the same time paying close attention to details. Management strives for work/life balance and co-workers are great back-up support and fun to work with. The hardest part – more... of the job is to fit everything into one day. – less
Great Staff!
Technology Summer Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2013
As a new summer student during a stressful and busy time at Deloitte, staff went out of the way to make me feel welcome to ensure that I have a comfortable and warm work environment.
Good jumping board
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2013
Good brand name with lots of young people. Expect to work long hours without getting any recognition
Very disjointed
Application Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2013
There are so many inefficiencies do to the sheer size of the company. No one seems to want to improve the system as a whole, just keep their own job.
I have never seen a company like this which provide flexibility like this.
Analyst - HR (Current Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaApril 18, 2013
The Flexible Work Option for its employees is the Best thing I could ever share about this Deloitte.

Work/Life Balance is awesome with the above option.
Excellent firm with great values and career opportunities
Consultant (Current Employee), TorontoApril 8, 2013
Excellent organization, great opportunities to learn and be mentored. Cannot say enough about company culture and working environment, both are impressive. Since I work in consulting, its expected that you will not have much of a work-life balance - as most professional firms in this area will boast about how they manage work-life balance - although – more... unlikely to provide you with such.

What stands out the most to me is the time that senior management takes out of their schedules to meet with younger professionals. A lot of time is invested at the higher levels to help cultivate and advance those in junior levels. – less
Team Bulding Activity
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
I used to prioritize the day task by starting the online conference with development team in India to discuss the project development and then having meeting with testing team to assign them the task and update on testing progress. As a QA I was always involved in the project development meeting and it make me to complete my task as testing in certain – more... duration and also to update on test cases if some thing came on change as short duration.

The most Important thing i learned was Team building and Management skill.

It was great team which always help and support. As a QA team member use to coordinate the meeting for our QA team to discuss the testing process and assign them a task including myself. I closely worked with Business analyst team and project manager which helps me to make understand the Business process. – less
always a wonderful place to work
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: getting to partake in events like united way impact day
Cons: well i have to work long hours because of tax season and right fax hours
love my job at Deloitte, a typical day at work was working with my team doing all aspect of mail run courier and processing of invoice. management of two employee, my co-workers was a wonderful team love working them, hardest part of my job was balancing my work and home life which was done well, enjoyable part is going to work and work with a wonderful – more... team – less
always a wonderful place to work
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: getting to partake in events like united way impact day
Cons: well i have to work long hours because of tax season and right fax hours
Great people
Senior (Current Employee), VancouverMarch 14, 2013
There are really great people working at the firm but very long hours during busy season. Your experience really depends on the teams and clients you are on.
Was enjoyable environment to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), SaskatoonFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: was busy all the time
Cons: was not a full time position
I enjoyed working at Deloitte and made a lot of friends and learnt a lot about the work place. I was in Customer Service so dealt with a lot of customer queries and complaints, I processed tickets, filing, emailing, data entry and general office duties.

I had a great team that I worked with and became part of the team. the hardest part of the job was – more... knowing all the answers but came to learn the in and outs of the questions people queried.

I enjoyed dealing with customers and pride my self on my customer skills. – less

About Deloitte

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited is the largest private professional services organization in the world. According to the organization's – Read more