Deloitte Employee Reviews

Horrible work environment!
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2016
Horrible work environment that promote competition between the teammates and not collaboration. Senior managers deal arrogantly with employees as slaves and when things does not work well because of their bad plan, the blaming game and pointing fingers starts . It is very hard to pass any new ideas or to be treated with respect by the senior managers! It is very hard to make friends or enjoy going to work with this bloody environment! I would never recommend this place to any one! I regret accepting the offer to work there!
Pros
good compenstation
Cons
Long hours, unexpected work over the long weekends, politics and connections are everything if you want to survive in this environment!
You're assigned a budy for 6 Months to guide you
Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work with lots of wonderful people.
I was working in a new department, which didn't know how many staff they needed, so I was told in advance, I have a year contract but could end before if not enough work for everyone.

Was assigned a budy but when she got too busy, she didn't have time to guide me.
Pros
Great benefits despite being on a contract with an assigned laptop and smart phone
Cons
Not assigned a desk, must reserve your desk every two weeks, can't keep the same desk
Powerful organization but not employee caring
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 8, 2016
Great place to work if you have great educational background and professional experience. If you are on the bottom of the barrel...may not the best place to be..

Overall good company with some uptight management who think they are better than most humans because they are "Partners" in the big 4 accounting firms
Pros
Great resources, equipment and clean environment
Cons
Companies is run on numbers, not on human care
Worst place to work ever!
Not applicable (Former Employee) –  Not applicableApril 4, 2016
I wouldn't advise anyone to work for this company. Not a good place to work! Management don't know what they are doing. A good example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Lots of alcohol on the premises. If you're not a drinker, this is not the place for you. Everyone is afraid and on edge because they think they are next to be terminated. Lots of management interference in matters that don't concern them.
Pros
Nothing that I can think of.
Cons
Poor management
??
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnitoba, MBJuly 7, 2016
Applied to this company so many times. No luck, I assume it would be harder to get in but CPA students should at least get interviews. The way they advertised at the wine & cheese as if they welcome everyone. But as a former graduate from U of W, I didn't get to be part of the on campus hiring. So maybe CPA students like me are just doomed idk. I unsubscribed from their career notification, too hard to get into this company.
Deloitte Management Services
Sr Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Partners make a client distinctions between those who are client facing and those who don't.
There is an internal transformation that has been going on for ages and no tangible benefits from it are perceived.
There is a great group of professionals to learn from and poor management that are more concern about appearances rather than managing the company.
Quite an isolated job most of the time and a lack clear definition of me roles.
The benefits offered are fine.
Pros
Group of professionals, Benefits
Cons
Lack of work/life balance, Poor internal management, Partners seems to have such a focus on clients that they forget about managing the company
Interesting work, continuous change
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
+ had the opportunity to work with some amazing professionals, and learned a lot about management consulting and how to apply to technology areas.
- did over 250K miles per year, 90 hour work weeks, never saw family or friends.
+ great learning opportunity
Pros
Interesting Engagements, Constantly changing environment
Cons
Long Hours, too much travel (80%+)
Bad management...lots of politics involved...
SAP FICO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
Worst company to work for....it suffers with some really bad managers and senior managers who doesn't know how to lead from the front at all.. Not at all encouraging...you just need to keep quiet and keep on going if you want to keep your job..Lots of Politics involved...
Pros
I cant think of any
Cons
Bad management, long hours
Great Place to work
IT Security and Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2016
Great Place to work
Lead and maintain a comprehensive Information Security Awaraness Program. In addition, manage and coordinate effective IT Key and General Control processes that minimize risk while achieving SOX/ITGC/PCI compliance. Facilitate external audits on behalf of IT, and successfully manage internal team members through preparation and remediation activities.
Deloitte Business Operations
Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
A lot is expected of Deloitte staff and the work can be very tiring, however, do you come home feeling like you have earned your money.
Management, for the large part is great to work with, but with the high levels of work that they have, it can be difficult to get a hold of them when you need them. In saying that, it does force you to develop yourself quickly and teach yourself new skills due to the level of autonomy that you have.
My co-workers are some of the most incredible people I have met and would be a great addition to any company that takes them on in the future.
A worrying feature, is the amount of contract work in all departments and the high rate of turn over.
Pros
Starbucks Coffee
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Fast paced and challenging!
Senior Manager, Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2016
The firm provided me with many opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. I had the pleasure of working with a very talented group of people who made coming to work each day enjoyable.
Pros
Opportunities for professional development
Solid company
Associate - Mid-Market M&A (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2016
Great company with a great future as growth has been consistent even in down markets. Given the geographic presence, diversification lends itself to an environment where people can be challenged on a variety of projects and don't have to be as worried about job security.
Great development
Learning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TorontoAugust 29, 2016
Deloitte is a great employer that has provided me with a tremendous amount of development. Deloitte cares about more than just the bottom line. As an employee of Deloitte I have taken part in many fund raising and volunteering opportunities within the community.
Busy schedules but enjoyable
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
Supported 3 partners and a group of Senior Manager
Need to have strong prioritizing skills
Good management team - understanding and pleasant to work with
Coworkers worked as a team
The most enjoyable moment was to assist the team members to meet their deadlines.
Great place to develop into a professional
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 10, 2016
Despite the long hours and no overtime pay, this was an great environment for me to train and develop as a professional. Your usually fairly close with your co-workers and you learn a tremendous amount during busy seasons.
Unique daily experiences that were challenging and rewarding
Communications Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OnOctober 13, 2015
During my four years at Deloitte as a summer student working with Communications, I was taught by great managers what it means to be a strong corporate writer. Learning about a company's unique voice, and what it means to use it to it's full potential to create uniformity across the firm, while also getting practitioners to read need-to-know information alongside human interest stories, is how workplace culture is communicated and leads individuals to participate within the firm.

I appreciated all that I learned from this great company, with every interactions being a new learning experience.
Pros
great managers and coworkers
Cons
Great career advancement early on
Senior Consultant, Enterprise Risk Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2016
It's a typical consulting work environment where it's very network driven. Overall it's a great place to start your career and boost your soft skills, which are transferable to almost everywhere. However, it is not a 9 to 5 job, so just be aware. People are great and generally very supportive.
Great opportunities to learn
Tax lawyer (Former Employee) –  AmsterdamAugust 14, 2016
I liked the ability to work in different service lines which gave me the opportunity to gain experience in different fields and to work with different teams.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Fun environment with tons of opportunity to grow and develop your skills
Social Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
Tons of opportunity to try new things in marketing in fusion with the human resources team to help communicate Deloitte culture to potential employees
Pros
Great Pay, Fun environment
Cons
Long Hours
Great
Business Analyst, Human Capital Consulting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2016
Great place to work and start a career. Exposure to lots of different work situations at a young age. Great culture and comraderie within the team and leaders are approachable.