Deloitte Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place to work
IT Security and Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 2, 2016
Great Place to work
Lead and maintain a comprehensive Information Security Awaraness Program. In addition, manage and coordinate effective IT Key and General Control processes that minimize risk while achieving SOX/ITGC/PCI compliance. Facilitate external audits on behalf of IT, and successfully manage internal team members through preparation and remediation activities.
Worst place to work ever!
Not applicable (Former Employee) –  Not applicableApril 4, 2016
I wouldn't advise anyone to work for this company. Not a good place to work! Management don't know what they are doing. A good example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Lots of alcohol on the premises. If you're not a drinker, this is not the place for you. Everyone is afraid and on edge because they think they are next to be terminated. Lots of management interference in matters that don't concern them.
Pros
Nothing that I can think of.
Cons
Poor management
Worst Job of my Career
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 29, 2016
Good company if you are a Manager and up. Lots of after hours festivities. Clerical staff are managed by a matriarch whose practices are from the 1950's.

There was nothing positive about this job, if you enjoy working in the past perhaps this role will suit you. A dumping ground position with very little respect. Partners are self centred.

Bad experience, glad its over.
Pros
None that I could find
Cons
Great career advancement early on
Senior Consultant, Enterprise Risk Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2016
It's a typical consulting work environment where it's very network driven. Overall it's a great place to start your career and boost your soft skills, which are transferable to almost everywhere. However, it is not a 9 to 5 job, so just be aware. People are great and generally very supportive.
A great school to learn from
Responsable de la paie (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 14, 2016
Worked as payroll specialist, accounting technician and secretary and learned the different aspect of payroll, bookkeeping, and many software through my journey with the company
Pros
Great team and company to work for
Cons
I left because of the commute
Career Started in the right direction
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 17, 2016
Started as a Jr. Software Engineer and had the ability to learn some great skills with alot of new tools that i had never used previously. Gained great attention for detail while being able to understand the SDLC thoroughly
Review of Work experience
Audit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CairoMay 7, 2016
Develop the talent that you have and don't overlook qualified candidates
Enhance the employment process by providing services to community .
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible work schedule, fun incentive challenges, one-on-one training
Work hard and play hard
Co-op Placement (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2016
First Choice was a great start to working in the hair styling field. It gave me some experience that I think I can bring to my upcoming job field. Such as answering phones, helping clients with information and also my communication skills.
very stressful and busy headoffice for Deloitte Canada
Reception / Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
The headoffice of Deloitte Canada is very busy non stop stressful position with a constant flow of clients and colleagues. I really liked the people I got to know and work with everyday but as the office got busier the workload seemed to get unmanageable. The management was not supportive of growth therefore it was hard to move around and develop more skills.
Pros
free lunches, great people
Cons
stressful
Great stepping stone for your career
Staff Accountant - Audit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
Great place to learn the business environment. Since the organization has various groups, it is easy to switch and learn.
Pros
Various groups to switch
Cons
Resourses available to do your job.
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKMay 15, 2016
Deloitte is a great place to work, however the work life balance is horrible and requires great attention by management.
Pros
Great experience and exposure
Deloitte Business Operations
Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
A lot is expected of Deloitte staff and the work can be very tiring, however, do you come home feeling like you have earned your money.
Management, for the large part is great to work with, but with the high levels of work that they have, it can be difficult to get a hold of them when you need them. In saying that, it does force you to develop yourself quickly and teach yourself new skills due to the level of autonomy that you have.
My co-workers are some of the most incredible people I have met and would be a great addition to any company that takes them on in the future.
A worrying feature, is the amount of contract work in all departments and the high rate of turn over.
Pros
Starbucks Coffee
Cons
Lack of Job Security
Very good work environment
Administration/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Its a very demanding day but fun its very multitasking all day long with speed and time management all day long.How important time and multitasking can be,my co-workers are friendly and a team player , ending the day without completing all my days work , enjoyable pat of the job is going to work and making the customers happy and see my co-working ,
Pros
lots of free goodies
Cons
reasonable hours
Old school thinking
Head, Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2015
Excellent people from an intellectual standpoint. However the culture is old school: top down, paternalistic, parochial, hire young grads work them to the bone, pyramid scheme under partners who own the firm with minimal opprty. to become partner, a lot of staff turnover.
Pros
smart and engaging people
Cons
inflexible culture, poor quality work, top down management
Large heartless, mindless company
DMS (Former Employee) –  CanadaNovember 18, 2015
To management people are just numbers. To co-workers the people here are friends and family. You can be fired at any time for any reason, but that is what you expect working for a large company. Management make decisions that would only make sense in an alternate dimension.
Pros
Occasionally you get left over food
Cons
No recognition
Constant change and poor morale
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Due to high turnover, constantly changing policies and and ever-increasing workload, the employees are Deloitte are left with poor morale and exhaustion.
Interesting Areas of Audit
Co-op terms (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
- Enjoyed seeing different client industries
- Always working with different people (audit team and clients)
- Enjoyed the opportunities to travel
Overall a great corporation to work for
Records Management (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2015
The thing I like about Deloitte is that they value work/life balance. In my time here the people and co-workers are the best thing. The sometimes difficult thing is the high turnover. The hardest part of my job is that we are very understaffed at the moment so I have to wear many hats.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Frustrating management styles
Work hard / play hard
Auditeur adjoint (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 11, 2015
My tasks consisted to analyse process and verify controls, and participate to the external audit of the clients.
The team is young, professionnal and performant.It's a really stimulating environnement to learn.
The job is really demanding, we work long hours, but we learn a lot.
You're assigned a budy for 6 Months to guide you
Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work with lots of wonderful people.
I was working in a new department, which didn't know how many staff they needed, so I was told in advance, I have a year contract but could end before if not enough work for everyone.

Was assigned a budy but when she got too busy, she didn't have time to guide me.
Pros
Great benefits despite being on a contract with an assigned laptop and smart phone
Cons
Not assigned a desk, must reserve your desk every two weeks, can't keep the same desk