Deloitte

2K reviews

Deloitte Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to excel in your career.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: stand up reward points for recognition on a good job done.
Cons: multi-task - phone discussion, responding to instant messaging and email all at one time!
- Thrived in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with interesting new challenges in the day.
- A determined and proactive assistant adept in managing busy calendars, coordinating international travel, organizing large-scale meetings and event planning.
- Provided support with a sense of urgency to anticipate the needs of senior-level executives. Collaborated effectively with senior officers and colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Utilized strong technical, analytical, excellent literacy, time management, communication and decision-making skills.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic coupled with the knowledge of upholding confidentiality.
- Managed third-party vendors.
- Offered training new colleagues and shared best practices to team members.
- Acquired a large network of business colleagues.
- The hardest part of the job was procrastinating a deliverable due to thorough review of task at hand.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring a deeper knowledge of clients and their needs.
Diverse learning, learning and growth and cross knowledge available for learning and advancement
SR. INSOLVENCY COUNSELOR AND ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 14, 2015
Pros: As much learning as you wanted
Cons: corporate politics
Everyday was new and exciting and never was there one day like the other. Run client reports and reviewing creditors and preparing for counselling or first meet with debtors.
It is very difficult to put in such a small space what has been learned. Professionally growing within the insolvency community, understanding of Income tax, Personal Property Security, Family Law Acts, etc. Psychologically understanding human nature and how to reach beyond that to build trust.
My co-workers (whom most have moved on) were wonderful to work with and made each day a joy and excitement to come into the office each day.
The hardest part of the job was telling debtors that the creditors had rejected the proposal and finding alternatives if that an option for their circumstance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that you saw how you were able to create hope and peace in their lives, help mend the broken pieces of their lives.
Dynamic global firm; opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the world; high degree of excellence
Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: embraces innovation, life balance is encouraged, opportunity to work with amazing people, continual learning
Cons: matrix structure can sometimes be limiting; advancement to more senior positions is limited
I have over 15 years of experience working with and advising professionals who are often exceptional in their respective areas of expertise; and I thrive in an environment where I am exposed to new concepts, ideas and brilliant people who inspire me.

We work hard. Our teams function with a high degree of excellent and personal accountability. And our hard work is balanced with the ability to work from just about anywhere.

I've had the opportunity to engage in challenging and meaningful projects. Learning is encouraged and I have continued my professional education over the years through a variety of courses, programs and conferences.
A company with good standards. Too stratified.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 4, 2013
Pros: clear employment practice standards
Cons: vague execution of those standards below certain levels
I enjoyed this position very much. I dealt with internal clients from around the world, arranging travel and events.

I had the opportunity to write articles for an international magazine.

The person I assisted was a micro-manager and that was extremely annoying. Partners have a lot of power, they are like mini-gods.

You are expected to be perfect in every way. Mistakes are not tolerated. There is a culture of super-achievers and a lot of the professional staff are engineering grads. Extreme attention to detail is the norm.

I loved my co-workers. We cooperated very well on projects that involved our various heads of departments.

I left this company to travel abroad and when I returned and tried to contact them concerning references, they never returned any of my calls.
Team Bulding Activity
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
I used to prioritize the day task by starting the online conference with development team in India to discuss the project development and then having meeting with testing team to assign them the task and update on testing progress. As a QA I was always involved in the project development meeting and it make me to complete my task as testing in certain duration and also to update on test cases if some thing came on change as short duration.

The most Important thing i learned was Team building and Management skill.

It was great team which always help and support. As a QA team member use to coordinate the meeting for our QA team to discuss the testing process and assign them a task including myself. I closely worked with Business analyst team and project manager which helps me to make understand the Business process.
Nightmare of a company
Office (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 18, 2014
Pros: leaving
Cons: too many to list
Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy!

Partners are completely disrespectful to administrative staff. Could not believe how I saw them treat their assistants, how they spoke to them, the demands they put on them. I also watched sr. mgmt. blame assistants for mistakes they made, and never stepped up.

They made promises they had no intention of keeping.

At orientation they actually told us we would be gone in a year, but also easy to replace. A dime a dozen. First day on the job, that's how they greet you? Wow.

Pay is not competitive with industry, at all.

Absolutely no respect for work/life balance. The expectation is that no matter what may happen in your life, even a family death, is not more important than work.

So very, very glad I left!
Deloitte Business Operations
Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Starbucks Coffee
Cons: Lack of Job Security
A lot is expected of Deloitte staff and the work can be very tiring, however, do you come home feeling like you have earned your money.
Management, for the large part is great to work with, but with the high levels of work that they have, it can be difficult to get a hold of them when you need them. In saying that, it does force you to develop yourself quickly and teach yourself new skills due to the level of autonomy that you have.
My co-workers are some of the most incredible people I have met and would be a great addition to any company that takes them on in the future.
A worrying feature, is the amount of contract work in all departments and the high rate of turn over.
Most enjoyable part of being a consultant is.....
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2013
Pros: no two days are the same!
Cons: no two days are the same!
..... the same as the hardest part of the job.

Digesting complex topics every single day. Experiencing interesting client environments where you are responsible for figuring out and solving major problems. The obligation we have to our clients to be methodical, thoughtful and careful when we make recommendations. The change and duty to directly impact people's lives every day with the work that we do. Being thrown in at the deep end and swimming for your life. Producing great quality work to very high expectations. Supportive workplace. Brilliant mentors. The trust our clients have in us.
Deloitte Management Services
Sr Manager, Finance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Group of professionals, Benefits
Cons: Lack of work/life balance, Poor internal management, Partners seems to have such a focus on clients that they forget about managing the company
Partners make a client distinctions between those who are client facing and those who don't.
There is an internal transformation that has been going on for ages and no tangible benefits from it are perceived.
There is a great group of professionals to learn from and poor management that are more concern about appearances rather than managing the company.
Quite an isolated job most of the time and a lack clear definition of me roles.
The benefits offered are fine.
Excellent firm with great values and career opportunities
Consultant (Current Employee), TorontoApril 8, 2013
Excellent organization, great opportunities to learn and be mentored. Cannot say enough about company culture and working environment, both are impressive. Since I work in consulting, its expected that you will not have much of a work-life balance - as most professional firms in this area will boast about how they manage work-life balance - although unlikely to provide you with such.

What stands out the most to me is the time that senior management takes out of their schedules to meet with younger professionals. A lot of time is invested at the higher levels to help cultivate and advance those in junior levels.
Profile Summary
Solution Advisor- Cyber Risk (Current Employee), DelhiJuly 29, 2015
Sumit has Five(5) years of increasingly responsible experience in Information Security with solid background in Cyber Security and risk management. He has worked with clients in the Retail Sector, Banking & Financial Sector and Telecom Industry. So far he has worked on multiple domains, including IT Security, Risk management, IT Risk Assessment, Cyber Threat Analysis, Third party security gap analysis as a part of business continuity and disaster recovery planning, Compliance management (ISO 27001 & PCI-DSS), Internal Audits, SIEM Technology and IDS/IPS Platform checks.
Experienced and highly qualified administrative/accounting assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
• Exceptional Organization and Customer Service Skills
• Keen Attention to Detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office( Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Outlook
• Excellent knowledge of accounting software such as Quickbooks, ACCPACC, Simply accounting and e-tapestry
• Detail Orientated, Accurate, Flexible and Reliable
• Team Player with the Ability to Work Effectively in any Environment
• Ability to Develop, Execute, Integrate, and Track Creative Marketing Materials
• Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
An excellent place to work for and where they take seriously work/life balance arrangements.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Downtown, Toronto, ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great people.
Cons: pressure to complete large volume of work on a timely basis.
Worked extensively with Excel spreadsheets, typed several invoices and proofread documents. You learn to multi-task quickly, often with tight deadlines, in this environment while at the same time paying close attention to details. Management strives for work/life balance and co-workers are great back-up support and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is to fit everything into one day.
Was enjoyable environment to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), SaskatoonFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: was busy all the time
Cons: was not a full time position
I enjoyed working at Deloitte and made a lot of friends and learnt a lot about the work place. I was in Customer Service so dealt with a lot of customer queries and complaints, I processed tickets, filing, emailing, data entry and general office duties.

I had a great team that I worked with and became part of the team. the hardest part of the job was knowing all the answers but came to learn the in and outs of the questions people queried.

I enjoyed dealing with customers and pride my self on my customer skills.
Great staff discounts, decent management
Business Services Specialist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 11, 2014
Most days were spent assisting customers or cleaning the store and stock. I learned a lot of communication skills and to be patient with customer needs. The management did a good job instilling product knowledge and desire to wear the brand in the customer. Co-workers for the most part we easy-going though some were too competitive. The hardest part of the job would be opening or closing shifts which can last well into midnight or start early in the morning. The most enjoyable aspect would be the discount on merchandise.
You're assigned a budy for 6 Months to guide you
Administrative Assistant (contract) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Great benefits despite being on a contract with an assigned laptop and smart phone
Cons: Not assigned a desk, must reserve your desk every two weeks, can't keep the same desk
It was a wonderful place to work with lots of wonderful people.
I was working in a new department, which didn't know how many staff they needed, so I was told in advance, I have a year contract but could end before if not enough work for everyone.

Was assigned a budy but when she got too busy, she didn't have time to guide me.
A great place to work but not enough work/life balance
Executive Assistant/Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), CalgaryNovember 11, 2013
Pros: very busy active place, great people
Cons: not enough balance for work/life
A typical day is found to be non stop from start to finish.
I learned a great deal about the accounting functions and how they relate.
A very busy active environment, client driven, great people to work with.
Extremely productive and great lunch room with free drinks - slurpies etc.
Hardest part of the job - more work than time to do it
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people!
Great Experience
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great learning experience, developing in all aspects and interesting job
Cons: long hours, travelling (if you do not want to travel)
Working for Deloitte is a great experience. You expand your technical knowledge, develop your soft skills and work with the best talents in the industry. It is not a 9-5 job and requires a lot of commitment and hard work but you develop significant experience through projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is the nature of change. There's no way you get bored or feel you are not learning.
Interesting and productive work enviroment
Learning Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: not ending days
There was not a similar day in a week; tasks varied during the week.
I was able to excel my training session coordination/ planning skills. It involved project management, when it came to translation projects. I had nice and caring co-workers. The hardest part of the job was a manual comparison of two very large spreadsheet; which would take more than a week; however, in return, I enjoyed the event planning and Website Maintenance part of the job.
always a wonderful place to work
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: getting to partake in events like united way impact day
Cons: well i have to work long hours because of tax season and right fax hours
love my job at Deloitte, a typical day at work was working with my team doing all aspect of mail run courier and processing of invoice. management of two employee, my co-workers was a wonderful team love working them, hardest part of my job was balancing my work and home life which was done well, enjoyable part is going to work and work with a wonderful team
Industry