Dell Employee Reviews

Great organization, a great leader to the innovation technology
Business Analyst / Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2013
Great organization, a great leader to the innovation technology
Good project
Deployment and Data Migration Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto25 September 2013
friendly environment, learn new skills every day, management is very friendly.
Pros
Once a week free lunch
lots of work. all day long.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 September 2013
very casual work atmosphere. friendly co workers.hglhbhb.jkb,m.n.jnbhlvkgtckhjvbnmbhj.n.lhblb.jkbkutv,chgj,kgcgh,hfhjgkcmghjkhjgtghvcgftcmhfjg,futyhk
Pros
company spirit
Cadre de travail souple
Technicien Help Desk bilingue (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB, Canada8 September 2013
Dépannage de clients Dell du Canada au téléphone en tant que L1 (niveau 1). Passage au L2 (niveau 2).
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto21 August 2013
Assurance that I as an employee had gainful employment with my work life. Compensation is well above expected.
Partner Solutions Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2013
Lots of opportunities presented to increase skill set. I worked varkous roles at this company. EMC provides employees with the skills to deal with customers of all sizes and requirements.
Flexible working environment
Assistant Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D17 July 2013
Dell management was flexible and friendly, therefore more efficient, a lot of the work could be done from work. Co-workers were happy. Most of the meetings were held via conference call with other Dell divisions in Europe. The hardest part of the job was make customers take time to answer questions. But overal a great working experience.
the culture and people i have worked with Dell are one of the best
Sales Support Queue  (Former Employee) –  Eastwood City Cyberpark, Libis, QC29 June 2013
A typical day at work will be opening our outlook for emails from customers, responses regarding inquiries, emails from different departments. I learned a lot at Dell. I also learned to develop my patience, understanding and humility. The management was okay, but my co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is to tell the customer that you cannot really assist them even if you wanted to because the request is already a dead end. One of the most enjoyable part of the job, is the beginning of the month where we receive our meal cards for the month.
Pros
meal card every month, internet access
Cons
unpaid OTs.
Productive & useful experience & Career Developement
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON10 June 2013
Given free hand in developing and completing Electronic systems database and inventory for due diligence preparation of Y2K program
within Goulbourn Township.
Pros
co-operation and assistance from all departments
Cons
No assistance from manufacturers of electronic parts or devices
Good atmosphere and good support
Technician on call (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 June 2013
Long night at phone, getting more training and experience as a DELL computer technician. Whenever you need anything from the job, you can ask your manager who, every week, you will have a one-to-one meeting to discuss your progress and outside that meeting, there will be there to discuss anything related to job you encounter. Regarding Level 2 technicians and co-workers are their to give you support at any free time. In regard to the hardest part of the job when you receive an issue that takes a long time to be solved, or even takes a long time and will be unsolvable. The most enjoyable part is when you have any social activities with co-workers or even small talks.
fast pace work enviroment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 May 2013
Excellent Company to work for , extremely challenging at times
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
A challenging and rewarding place to work
Senior Marketing Mgr- Public/Large Enterprise (Current Employee) –  Toronto , Ontario24 April 2013
I interface with many managers in sales and marketing and provide insights into market trends , developments , and performance which is key to their strategic planning. I'm a member of senior managements planning council.

Some examples of the key information provided are reports on Retention, Aquisition and Development accounts; Buypower data; Sales and Share trends and developments by customer, segments, and LOB. This information is vital to helping us make better map accounts to sales people and to better plan sales territories. It's also vital to sales plays and marketing events.

I often work on very tight deadlines where informational support is needed on a moment's notice.

Being from a sales background I am fully in tune with the needs of the sales organization and its tight timelines. We work as a team.

Satisfaction of a job well done and the understanding that my work has been appreciated and helped our company secure more business.
Pros
work from home days provide relief from the daily commute and actually improve productivity
Cons
lots of conference calls . lack of chances to meet face to face.
Dell is relaxed and FUN
Hardware Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2013
Fun! The management wants you to enjoy your time and your team!
Pros
management lets you have fun fun fun!
Cons
low wage
Employee focused work environment
Contact Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2013
Business unit lead on Customer Experience and External Problem Resolution metric.
Created a premium support team for key client group.
Typical big company culture
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 January 2013
The best part working here are the people.
You learn from your co-workers
Very Difficult to grow within the company.
Benefits are above average compared to American Companies, BUT below average compared to Canadian companies.
Pros
learn from projects. e-training
Cons
no transit pass, vacation days don't carry over the following year
Dynamic, challenging and invigorating place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2013
It was an inbound call centre. Main function was to resolve technical (hardware and software) issues for PCs, Laptop and printers. Each individual case was unique and therefore there was no boredom of repetitious information. There was a constatnt source of learning. I most enjoyed the customer interaction and problem solving.
Pros
learnt about dell hardware, software and about printers.
Cons
late shifts
Great place to work with in a wonderful Team environment.
Hardware Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta12 January 2013
Providing remote and phone services for commercial clients in the US and Canada regarding laptops and printers of all kinds.
Pros
great place to work in.
Cons
too bad the company closed in edmonton.
I'm no writer; so bare with me. At first it was overwhelming
Senior Analyst B3 Division Dell on Call (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2013
The reality is when we take on something new in our lives; a new challenge, a baby, relationship or career move; It is natural to feel overwhelmed at times.

I truly love the time I was blessed to be employed at Dell; I can't begin to explain how much this company and its' members taught me; Not just about Computer Software and Hardware; or the endless sessions on pushing for more and achieving greater things; but what I learned about myself and what I could achieve.

-What I learned? The dell culture taught me to put people first and do everything in my power to help them bring resolution to their problems (this is not always easy to do, but you must persevere).

-A typical day at work? Seriously? There was hardly ever "a typical day at work" (the co-workers) I was with an amazing albeit crazy bunch of people; We worked hard to help our clients and even harder to support each other as well as we could. Endless research to find better ways to do our daily tasks and assist our clients; It wasn't all work no play however; we loved to play and laugh all day and night.

-Management What can I say here; At times all the ideas being rolled over us were frustrating; but over all I give Dell a 5 star top notch rating for constantly working to reform policy and make the profiles more clear and direct from the Top to the Bottom of the organization; This is why in the end, we were able to deliver the best service and solutions to all our clients.

The hardest part of this work came when no matter how hard we strive, there were always the occasional issue we just couldn't solve without
  more... causing to much strain on the client. The reality is; our clients do not have the experience or education we did on the technology they were using; and Dell provided us with Massive resources to do our best. Sometimes there were moments where it wasn't enough; But we always got through it; we Persevered, and in the end we always got the issues resolved and did everything in our power to be our best for our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Easy; The people I grew to love as friends and colleges. We had a very busy hectic environment; there were always many tasks to perform; new courses to learn and constant projects to develop; At times, it was very difficult however we had each others support to no end.

This culture of intensity at Dell helped me learn to grow and become a more educated, experienced, and wise person.

In the end my time with this company taught me to believe in myself completely.

So thank you Dell Canada, I will miss you.
Pros
complete support; no career limits, and a 5star kitchen awe; i miss that deliscious food.
Cons
in the end; i find none. i haven't been able to state that about any other place i have worked
Une entreprise possédant une vraie culture
Account Executive Public Sector (Current Employee) –  Luxembourg, Luxembourg (Europe)9 January 2013
Arrivé il y a six mois chez Dell Belgique/Luxembourg, je me suis retrouvé dans un environnement que je croyais appartenir au passé: le respect des employés, une saine pression où cohabitent challenges commerciaux et un vrai support de ses pairs, une équipe de management à l'écoute...
La confiance est de mise d'entrée jeu et l'intégration au sein des équipes instantanées.
Pros
confiance, mentoring, excellent management
Cons
des processus internes parfois un peu lourds.
Great work life balance but very little turn over
KACE Outside Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Remote18 October 2012
Typical day is following up with customers looking for opportunities and customer visits. Best part of the job is the work life balance. Most difficult is the limited opportunity to move up in the organization and managements unwillingness to learn the Canadian business (managed out of the US).

Team at Dell is fantastic! Great people! Lots of talent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.