Dell

Dell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GREAT EMPLOYER
SENIOR PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Salem, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: you have a job to provide for yourself and/or family
Loved working for Dell, unfortunately there was a huge layoff and the company closed. They had everything you could ever need as an employee working long hours. Good food, internet access, and access to a nurse in the building. This job provided me with many new manufacturing processes that I've taken a much deeper interest in career-wise.
Productive and fun place to be ...
Sales Executive (Former Employee), IndiaNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free travel and phone
Cons: long hours
• Meet and exceed assigned volume sales targets and quotas by prospecting, identifying, developing and closing sales opportunities through the entire sales cycle.
• Ascertain customer needs describe product capabilities, answer customer queries and ultimately sell products.
• Develop and implements aggressive account strategies to “manufacture deals” – more... that will increase Dell volume sales revenue and provide a logical, cost-effective investment for the customer by researching and understanding customer trends and buying pattern.
• Anticipate the customers’ needs and maintains excellent customer service through to the close of sale. – less
Dell
Claims Processor II (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 15, 2014
Met alot of good people - but it was a contracted job that could end at anytime
Energentic place to work with great and caring management
Field Services Technical Analyst - Team Lead (Current Employee), Lexington, MANovember 14, 2014
Pros: great management, great team.
Cons: long drive to work.
I truly enjoy going to work each day - not many people can say that. No two days are like the others and the work is challenging. Management is great and understanding, especially with work/life balance. I manage an amazing team of 15 technicians who do a great job day in and day out.
Productive and fun workplace
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Reston, VANovember 13, 2014
co-workers are awesome, but because Dell went private, there were a lot of structural changes, many people were let go, felt very unstable. overall great place.
Innovative place to work with a diverse culture
Senior In Country Sales Support Executive (Former Employee), Bracknell, ENGNovember 11, 2014
Liaising & working with the Dell Financial Services sales team on a daily basis to service the customers needs from proposal to execution of finance deals. This included compliance checks (AML & KYC), raising and issuing of documentation, chasing customers for return of documents, checking returned documentation, issuing purchases orders to dealers, – more... logging invoices, checking deals before execution.

As Senior within the Sales Support Team, support the sales team on more complicated deals.

Supporting the Dell Sales Teams & Value Added Resellers on a daily basis by keeping them in the loop as to deal stage, so the dealer could ship equipment to the customer.

On boarding new Value Added Resellers, by arranging credit approval, AML and KYC checks,issuing of Trading Agreements, obtaining bank details for input into vendor payment system.

Pipeline Management and attending the weekly team pipeline calls.

Dealing with incoming calls and emails.

Dealing with an issues, queries or complaints, from customers and dealers.

Making out going calls to customers and dealers, chasing documentation and invoices.

Checking documentation requests to ensure the deals were compliant with the business requirement and all relevant internal approvals obtained before documentation was issued, so not to put the business at risk.

Attend weekly calls re outstanding invoices with the credit control teams within Dell.

Raise Master Lease and Order Process Addendums.

Attend calls with Dell Financial Services sales teams and legal teams in change requirements to documentation.

Approve purchase orders for customer who had signed Order Process Addendums with Dell Financial Services. Then monthly or quarterly issue the relevant documentation to the customer to sign and return. Plus on a quarterly basis ensured up to date pricing was in place.

Support the Global Dell Financial Services sales team by on boarding new global customers.

Checking pricing against business grids.

Liaising with internal teams in UK & Ireland, credit, asset management, legal, tax, customer services.

Attend weekly team calls.

Attend monthly training and process improvement calls and complete project work when required.

Training new team members & support other team members as a subject matter expert.

Deputise for Team Leader when required. – less
Job Security and could complete several Business Process improvements Programmes.
Team lead (Current Employee), Mount Juliet, TNNovember 10, 2014
Pros: freedom of introducing ideas
Cons: normaly breakfast and lunch with all the managers.
I was really fortunate to have experience in leading different departments and could perform beyond expectation, resulted special awards from two of the directors in Dell Computer Inc. Led two kaizen projects.
Best job ever and never worked so hard. Would do it all over again.
General Manager (Former Employee), NYC, Austin, LondonNovember 10, 2014
Pros: price advantage, high quailty, big coporation that was nimble, compensation was excellent
Cons: 80-90 hour weeks, high pressure environment
Dell in the mid 90's had a direct B2B model that was difficult for competitors to emulate. Great quality product that saved customers 20+% over over competitors.
Company with lots of talented and dedicated work force.
Account Manager for Asia Corporate Accounts (Former Employee), M07November 10, 2014
Pros: management team with great vision and great leadership skills
Cons: it was a very competitive environment to work with and could be stressful sometimes, but it did boost up my determination to improve further.
Working with Dell Inc. was the turning point in my life. I was linked with many young, talented and capable people who are keen in enriching their skills and competency at work.

Dell Inc offers lots of soft skills training to its employees as such to build up highly effective team members to achieve great result.
Productive and responsive work environment.
Technical Helpdesk Respresentative (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYNovember 7, 2014
worked with a small close team for a 24/7 hospital technical helpdesk. Information readily available and we always made sure to everyone was up to date on anything new we learned.

Call center was made up of pods of dedicated teams to accounts for different hospitals and schools.

Environment was always upheld and management is very proactive in ensuring – more... so.

Very flexible when it came to schedules especially when it came to school. – less
A Day At Dell
Oracle Middleware Support Engineer (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: lots of stuff to learn
Cons: managment
Worked my butt off and loved the work I did. I learned a lot about Dell servers, project management and business process.
Management at the time was reactive and not proactive. They never wanted to spend money or upgrade until a major system failed, then we worked night and day resolving issues and pulling client servers off the assembly line to fix – more... issues that were discussed months before.
I had great team members that worked hard to help resolve issues created by management. We all worked together to make management look good.
Management was the hardest part of the job.
My co-workers were the best and I am still in contact with many of them. – less
flexibility and great company to work for.
Senior QA Lead (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: flexibility, great team work
Cons: long hours working with teams all over the world
Dell is fantastic company to work for. I had younger kids when I started and having flexibility of working from home really helped when my kids got sick. The management team always supported the family values.
A social place to work
team member (Former Employee), LimerickNovember 5, 2014
Pros: working in a team, transport provided for employees
A typical day at work involved the following:

Placing specific hardware and software with orders
Using mechanical hoists to place the computers into boxes
Ensuring necessary supplies are available for other team members
Quality checks

I worked rotating day/evening/night shifts, depending on the number of orders
Productive and comfortable workspace, a great place to learn with growth opportunity
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXNovember 4, 2014
Worked in the Large Institutions Finance department analyzing $93 million of misaligned revenue to correct quotas and revenue reporting by 6.2%. I had a great opportunity to work on my networking skills along with learning how large corporations worked from the inside out. The work environment was the most accommodating I could have helped for; very – more... relaxed and easy going, while still putting emphasis on productivity. I believe this atmosphere helped everyone in the company thrive due to the flexibility and freedom it provided. The hardest part of the job was learning the inner workings of the company due to the fact that there was so much to learn, but everyone was very willing to help me as I got my feet on the ground. – less
Great work culture
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TxNovember 4, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: confusing processes
Great company to work for. Dell is very focused on the future. Unfortunately, current head count reductions makes this place seem a bit unstable for some.
Innovative environment. Allowed to make things happen or sit back and wish you had made something happen!
IT Senior Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TxNovember 3, 2014
Pros: team building, voluteering and traveling international
Cons: long hours
Days are never typical but yet exciting. Many conference calls with global teams so an early morning or a late night meeting is common. I learned so much at this company that it is difficult to summarize them all. However, the technical skills and the people management skills gained are absolutely top. My co-workers are great as I instill respect and – more... in-turn I get respect. With that respect comes a great working relationship. It is a bit difficult to shift paradigms without completing the one that you have invested 80% of your time nourishing but I simply adapt and do what is best for the company. I thoroughly enjoy working with people of all talents, I love to travel for work as you gain a clear perspective of what your global team challenges may be and how cultural differences can impact your working relationship. To work with a team of individuals who "care" and are dedicated to delivering successful, effective, efficient projects makes it all worthwhile. – less
The best
Distribution Center Team Lead (Former Employee), Winston Salem,NCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: the dell team
Cons: they left nc
I loved everything about working at Dell. I learned how to manage people and get the job done. the hardest part was going home. everyone work together for the most part and had fun doing it.
Credit and Collections and Business Contols (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great place to work, benefits are awesome
Cons: outsourcing
Great place to work, benefits are awesome, Outsourcing is an issue in several departments..
High stress and low compensation
Software Developer III (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 3, 2014
The expectations at Dell are very high and the compensation is low compared to other larger companies. Management has a tendency to keep favorites in mind for promotions and bonuses. Your work performance has little to nothing to do with advancement. At Dell, the old axiom of "it's not what you know but who you know" holds true. I witnessed poor performers – more... receive bonus awards simply because they attended the same university as their manager. That sort of corruption runs rampant at Dell. Steer clear of this place if you're looking for a just working environment. – less
More fun at work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SR. REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), ChennaiNovember 1, 2014
I like to work in DELL. I am learning many things. I like to work in DELL till end of my life but salary is not enough for me. So i am looking some other company with good salary & day shift.

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more