Dell Employee Reviews

Dynamic, challenging and invigorating place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2013
It was an inbound call centre. Main function was to resolve technical (hardware and software) issues for PCs, Laptop and printers. Each individual case was unique and therefore there was no boredom of repetitious information. There was a constatnt source of learning. I most enjoyed the customer interaction and problem solving.
Pros
learnt about dell hardware, software and about printers.
Cons
late shifts
Great place to work with in a wonderful Team environment.
Hardware Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta12 January 2013
Providing remote and phone services for commercial clients in the US and Canada regarding laptops and printers of all kinds.
Pros
great place to work in.
Cons
too bad the company closed in edmonton.
I'm no writer; so bare with me. At first it was overwhelming
Senior Analyst B3 Division Dell on Call (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2013
The reality is when we take on something new in our lives; a new challenge, a baby, relationship or career move; It is natural to feel overwhelmed at times.

I truly love the time I was blessed to be employed at Dell; I can't begin to explain how much this company and its' members taught me; Not just about Computer Software and Hardware; or the endless sessions on pushing for more and achieving greater things; but what I learned about myself and what I could achieve.

-What I learned? The dell culture taught me to put people first and do everything in my power to help them bring resolution to their problems (this is not always easy to do, but you must persevere).

-A typical day at work? Seriously? There was hardly ever "a typical day at work" (the co-workers) I was with an amazing albeit crazy bunch of people; We worked hard to help our clients and even harder to support each other as well as we could. Endless research to find better ways to do our daily tasks and assist our clients; It wasn't all work no play however; we loved to play and laugh all day and night.

-Management What can I say here; At times all the ideas being rolled over us were frustrating; but over all I give Dell a 5 star top notch rating for constantly working to reform policy and make the profiles more clear and direct from the Top to the Bottom of the organization; This is why in the end, we were able to deliver the best service and solutions to all our clients.

The hardest part of this work came when no matter how hard we strive, there were always the occasional issue we just couldn't solve without
  more... causing to much strain on the client. The reality is; our clients do not have the experience or education we did on the technology they were using; and Dell provided us with Massive resources to do our best. Sometimes there were moments where it wasn't enough; But we always got through it; we Persevered, and in the end we always got the issues resolved and did everything in our power to be our best for our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Easy; The people I grew to love as friends and colleges. We had a very busy hectic environment; there were always many tasks to perform; new courses to learn and constant projects to develop; At times, it was very difficult however we had each others support to no end.

This culture of intensity at Dell helped me learn to grow and become a more educated, experienced, and wise person.

In the end my time with this company taught me to believe in myself completely.

So thank you Dell Canada, I will miss you.
Pros
complete support; no career limits, and a 5star kitchen awe; i miss that deliscious food.
Cons
in the end; i find none. i haven't been able to state that about any other place i have worked
Great work life balance but very little turn over
KACE Outside Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Remote18 October 2012
Typical day is following up with customers looking for opportunities and customer visits. Best part of the job is the work life balance. Most difficult is the limited opportunity to move up in the organization and managements unwillingness to learn the Canadian business (managed out of the US).

Team at Dell is fantastic! Great people! Lots of talent.
Great co-workers/Lack of Managment competence
Account Manager - Major Public Accounts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2012
My job is made much more interesting and fun because of my co-workers and team. Without them, I would have seeked employment elsewhere a long time ago.

Hardest part of my job is having to balance my duties and responsibilites while also completing demands of internal processes

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the ability to work from home three days per week which helps in improving work/life balance
Pros
work from home program
Cons
high quotas no resources to achieve your goals
Excellent compnay to work for!
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 September 2012
Enjoyed my time at Coty. The people and job were exciting, met lots of life long friends tehre
Nearly Outstanding Firm To Work For
Technical Support - L2 (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON7 June 2012
Very professional and fantastic training provided by a great company. Enjoyed being part of a team that was striven to provide customer satisfaction I've never been exposed to previously.
Unfortunately, due to Business Concerns and the value of the US-CDN $, required this outstanding call center to cease.
We were repeatedly advised by upper management that our call center had the best Statistics of any Dell Call Center in the world. It was difficult to understand at the time why Dell would cease operations, but looking back now, It was likely justified.
Nothing but the best can be noted from working here and hope to return to Dell in the future.
Pros
training and people
Cons
duration of employment not expected
Dell On Call
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 May 2012
The call times where great and a lot of knowledge that u cant learn from anywhere else was learned with Dell. A typical day in the office was talking to great people on the phones which added a lot to the job. The coworkers and management where excellent still have some friends from Dell. I learned how to navigate and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Pros
great rotation on shifts, sick leave pay, games room
Cons
software was constantly crashing, had to deal with old operationing systems like windows me, windows 95, 98
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, Ontario30 November 2011
Dynamic and ever-changing business, was early stages of Dell in Canada when I worked there so advancement opportunites were plentiful.
Pros
occasional free lunches, provided additional training and seminars, strong benefit package
Environnement agréable
Technicien support DELL (Former Employee) –  Tunis, ON18 November 2016
Environnement de travaille agréable mais salaire qui n'est pas encourageant .
L'environnement de travail était bon et satisfaisant
CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Saint-felicien, QC22 January 2014
Manque de matériel ,mais le Directeur de l'entreprise est un excellent management . le climat de travail était acceptable et les collaborateurs sont très coopérants .
Pros
Liberté de travail, assistance
Cons
manque davantages sociaux
Cadre de travail souple
Technicien Help Desk bilingue (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB, Canada8 September 2013
Dépannage de clients Dell du Canada au téléphone en tant que L1 (niveau 1). Passage au L2 (niveau 2).