Dell
1,330 reviews

Dell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's all about who you know.
Operations Data Analyst/L2 - Dell Client Services (Former Employee), Round RockAugust 13, 2014
Enjoyed the job and the people the first few years but over time it became apparent that you are just a badge number.
Excellent job culture with life balance
Technical support expert (Current Employee), BangaloreAugust 13, 2014
Pros: job security, life balance, management and job culture
Cons: no complaints
Excellent job culture with life balance, its been a great experience working for dell, no compaints at all, perfect life balance
good work/life balance
Inside Account Manager (Former Employee), Canton, MAAugust 12, 2014
Cons: layoff
great group of employees to work with.
good work/life balance
Fun and informative workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 12, 2014
Overall great place to work. Was able to learn and expand my knowledge or the overall IT world. On a typical day at Dell I would be managing my internal team and making sure that everything is fully satisfying for all my customers and their needs.
Dell
Technical Support Help Desk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2014
Pros: lunch cafeteria
Cons: alot of calls
It was a fun atmoshere. Had a work out room, gaming rooms, basketball court. They kept the moral up and thats why i liked them. We took about 100 calls per day and stayed real busy asisting users with reseting passwords and usernames
Good place to work for a fresher
Financial Admin Associate (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: dell inc. is excellent place to start career
Cons: yes once tenured one has to spend long hrs at office
Good Work Experience.

Good organization.

From Operation perspective keep moving or else one become stagnant
Excellent opportunities to learn and grow as an IT professional.
Technical Support Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2014
It is an inbound call center, but don't turn your nose up just because it is a call center.

Benefits are great, I am not sure if I am allowed to go in depth, but they rock.

On an average year you will spend at least 6 weeks or more in training.

Co-workers can be a give or take. It is a huge place you will get along with some; others you will have – more... to "play nice."

Management seems to be very interested in creating a good culture and keeping moral up. They are also very interested in getting you trained and promoted. – less
Great opportunities in many directions at Dell
Resolution Manager (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 9, 2014
Dell provided me with an entry level phone technician job to help customers with their enterprise server systems during failures. While there Dell continued to provide training opportunities in just about any Enterprise technology that is available. I chose to focus on servers and operating systems but at the same time was focused on working to the – more... next level.

I then moved into team lead roles of Dell's Silver, Mainstream, High Complexity Microsoft and then Platinum teams. From there I advanced into a Technical Account Manager position where I managed large Enterprise technical accounts. From there I moved into my current position as a Resolution Manager handling escalations across most all Enterprise and client products sold by Dell.

The experience at Dell has been very fulfilling. I have developed, through Dell's help, a broad and effective skill set ranging from technical troubleshooting to negotiation skills as well as communication both verbal and written. Dell has provided the means to gain several important certifications within the industry including Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, and ITIL.

The atmosphere at Dell is very friendly and edifying but professional at all times, even when fun is to be had... I have developed many strong professional and personal friendships there.

The focus is always that the customer is first. It is amazing to see the day in and day out amazing collaborative efforts across the people and teams within Dell to achieve the end goal with the customer which is essentially ensuring that they remain a partner for life.

Through my time at Dell I gained experience using multiple CRM's, and a good portion of the Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to EXCEL, WORD, PowerPoint and Publisher.

Management has always been focused at not just improving my current work experience and effectiveness but they focus on my career path to help me find my best places within Dell. I have consistent one one ones as well as skip-level one on ones with management where I am offered the opportunity to get deeper insights into the business both current and future. In these meetings I participate in the process of improving myself professionally and to focus on future opportunities. So far I have not been disappointed with any manager and I have had many in my 11 years with the company.

The hardest and then again it also can be the most enjoyable part of my job are the escalations I work on. No doubt it can be pressing and quite stressful to have a job where no one comes to you when things are working as they should. When things fail in a customer's environment and when the costs are great I am brought in to make sure that resolution is achieved in a manner that satisfies the customer. Having a lot of people depend on you as such can be pressing at times but when issues are resolved and the customer is happy as what happens most if not close all of the time that is where the enjoyment of the job is realized. – less
Enjoyable work
TRI LINGUAL GLOBAL COMMAND CENTER ANALIST (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: the compensation / benefits are great.
Cons: management
Dell is a wonderful company to work. I really enjoyed working there.
The compensation / Benefits are great.
Challenging, not always in a positive way, place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TexasAugust 8, 2014
Pros: on-site gym, health clinic and cafeterias.
Cons: constant reorganizations.
Work at Dell is challenging and support organizations are resource constrained making resolution of customer issues difficult to accomplish in a timely manner. However, there are many good leaders at Dell and I was fortunate to work with and for caring and inspiring leaders.
Computer Techician
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2014
Enjoyed the fast paced work environment that was performance based. I was able to choose my shift due to excellent performance
Good place to work in tech suppport
Enterprise Help Desk Agent (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 7, 2014
Pros: potlucks, discounts, benefits
Cons: change of schedule on a whim
At work we sit at our desks and answer phones and support end users. I learned the ability to fix problems by remote and how to be a better troubleshooter. Management has pretty good approaches to things and they are easy to talk to. I love my co-workers there very friendly. Hardest part of the job is figuring out what to do with tickets and the high – more... stress of a call center. Most enjoyable is they let me have time off to pursue my development skills. – less
Looking out over 360 was great
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee), 360 Austin, TexasAugust 7, 2014
When I started we were located off of 360 and the screanary was just wonderful
Offered me a good project to work with
Sr. MicroStrategy Architect/Developer (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 7, 2014
• Interacted with Business Analysts, Business Users and Managers for Gathering, Analyzing, Documenting Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Data Specifications.
• Develop and documented high-impact Business Intelligence Requirements / rules (BRD) based on interaction with stake holders, end-users.
• Crystal clear with concepts of Data – more... Warehousing, Data Modeling, Physical database design.
• Developed logical models, building hierarchies, attributes and facts, extracting tables from warehouse.
• Involved in creation of schema objects Attributes, facts, hierarchies and transformations for development of application objects on top of it.
• Extensively work on creating Application Objects like Metrics and Compound metrics, Filters, Custom Groups and Consolidations for complex reports.
• Create transformations to-do time series analysis and to compare the values at different times such as sales at this year versus last year, or month-to-date.
• Created transformational metrics (Sales, Sales Target, Market Share, and Growth) to compare monthly, quarterly and annual sales.
• Use Drill maps in the project to allow the documents drilling from one level to another both drill up and drill down.
• Develop reports implying complex filters with advanced qualifications involving the ‘Apply simple’ and ‘Apply comparison’ functions.
• Develop MicroStrategy metadata and metrics to support new reporting requirements.
• Maintained the metadata repositories and taking up regular backups of the metadata.
• Involved in migrating the objects from Development to Testing (QA) and then to Production Environment in MicroStrategy.
• Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy Web Reports, optimizing the SQL using the VLDB Properties.
• Perform the administration tasks like tuning, Caching, specifying Query Governing Thresholds, and Report optimization.
• Involved in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Documentation and Implementation of the project. Provided post production support to end-users. – less
A good place to work in a positive environment
Internal Account Manager UK Education & Local Govt (Former Employee), Citypark GlasgowAugust 7, 2014
Pros: a good team with a winning culture
Cons: redundancy
I worked in an excellent team with an exceptional manager. Unfortunately I was made redundant as were the rest of the team.
Fun at work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 6, 2014
Best place to work with. Very high on integrity. Good people . The people are high on ethics and moral values . Very good company to work with.
good brand trying to make big changes
Field Sales (Former Employee), field salesAugust 5, 2014
good brand trying to make big changes. Many good people have left in recent downsizing. Challenge is to properly intergrate all of the recent acquisitions.
Excellent Work environment
Business Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 5, 2014
Work at dell is excellent. There we can really build our career and get succeful.

The management team is very focus to help the individuals
Great Team, Very Productive
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great co-workers
Cons: travel
I have the best boss anyone could want. Whenever I have a question she is there for me, even though she is the office manager for four practices. She listens to my concern and always has positive feedback. My co-workers are knowledgeable and they always help me. We are truly a team.
good working environment
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNAugust 4, 2014
good company to develope our personal skills,the most enjoyable part of the life

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more