Dell Employee Reviews

Great work life balance but very little turn over
KACE Outside Account Executive (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 18, 2012
Typical day is following up with customers looking for opportunities and customer visits. Best part of the job is the work life balance. Most difficult is the limited opportunity to move up in the organization and managements unwillingness to learn the Canadian business (managed out of the US).

Team at Dell is fantastic! Great people! Lots of talent.
Great co-workers/Lack of Managment competence
Account Manager - Major Public Accounts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
My job is made much more interesting and fun because of my co-workers and team. Without them, I would have seeked employment elsewhere a long time ago.

Hardest part of my job is having to balance my duties and responsibilites while also completing demands of internal processes

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the ability to work from home three days per week which helps in improving work/life balance
Pros
work from home program
Cons
high quotas no resources to achieve your goals
Excellent compnay to work for!
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Enjoyed my time at Coty. The people and job were exciting, met lots of life long friends tehre
Nearly Outstanding Firm To Work For
Technical Support - L2 (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJune 7, 2012
Very professional and fantastic training provided by a great company. Enjoyed being part of a team that was striven to provide customer satisfaction I've never been exposed to previously.
Unfortunately, due to Business Concerns and the value of the US-CDN $, required this outstanding call center to cease.
We were repeatedly advised by upper management that our call center had the best Statistics of any Dell Call Center in the world. It was difficult to understand at the time why Dell would cease operations, but looking back now, It was likely justified.
Nothing but the best can be noted from working here and hope to return to Dell in the future.
Pros
training and people
Cons
duration of employment not expected
Dell On Call
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2012
The call times where great and a lot of knowledge that u cant learn from anywhere else was learned with Dell. A typical day in the office was talking to great people on the phones which added a lot to the job. The coworkers and management where excellent still have some friends from Dell. I learned how to navigate and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Pros
great rotation on shifts, sick leave pay, games room
Cons
software was constantly crashing, had to deal with old operationing systems like windows me, windows 95, 98
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, OntarioNovember 30, 2011
Dynamic and ever-changing business, was early stages of Dell in Canada when I worked there so advancement opportunites were plentiful.
Pros
occasional free lunches, provided additional training and seminars, strong benefit package
L'environnement de travail était bon et satisfaisant
CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Saint-felicien, QCJanuary 22, 2014
Manque de matériel ,mais le Directeur de l'entreprise est un excellent management . le climat de travail était acceptable et les collaborateurs sont très coopérants .
Pros
liberte de travail, assistance
Cons
manque davantages sociaux
Cadre de travail souple
Technicien Help Desk bilingue (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB, CanadaSeptember 8, 2013
Dépannage de clients Dell du Canada au téléphone en tant que L1 (niveau 1). Passage au L2 (niveau 2).