Dell Employee Reviews

Dell On Call
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 May 2012
The call times where great and a lot of knowledge that u cant learn from anywhere else was learned with Dell. A typical day in the office was talking to great people on the phones which added a lot to the job. The coworkers and management where excellent still have some friends from Dell. I learned how to navigate and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Pros
great rotation on shifts, sick leave pay, games room
Cons
software was constantly crashing, had to deal with old operationing systems like windows me, windows 95, 98
Productive and fun place to work.
Global Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2014
Great for work/life balance.
Lots of flexibility.
Many opportunities for career progression.
I'm no writer; so bare with me. At first it was overwhelming
Senior Analyst B3 Division Dell on Call (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2013
The reality is when we take on something new in our lives; a new challenge, a baby, relationship or career move; It is natural to feel overwhelmed at times.

I truly love the time I was blessed to be employed at Dell; I can't begin to explain how much this company and its' members taught me; Not just about Computer Software and Hardware; or the endless sessions on pushing for more and achieving greater things; but what I learned about myself and what I could achieve.

-What I learned? The dell culture taught me to put people first and do everything in my power to help them bring resolution to their problems (this is not always easy to do, but you must persevere).

-A typical day at work? Seriously? There was hardly ever "a typical day at work" (the co-workers) I was with an amazing albeit crazy bunch of people; We worked hard to help our clients and even harder to support each other as well as we could. Endless research to find better ways to do our daily tasks and assist our clients; It wasn't all work no play however; we loved to play and laugh all day and night.

-Management What can I say here; At times all the ideas being rolled over us were frustrating; but over all I give Dell a 5 star top notch rating for constantly working to reform policy and make the profiles more clear and direct from the Top to the Bottom of the organization; This is why in the end, we were able to deliver the best service and solutions to all our clients.

The hardest part of this work came when no matter how hard we strive, there were always the occasional issue we just couldn't solve without
  more... causing to much strain on the client. The reality is; our clients do not have the experience or education we did on the technology they were using; and Dell provided us with Massive resources to do our best. Sometimes there were moments where it wasn't enough; But we always got through it; we Persevered, and in the end we always got the issues resolved and did everything in our power to be our best for our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Easy; The people I grew to love as friends and colleges. We had a very busy hectic environment; there were always many tasks to perform; new courses to learn and constant projects to develop; At times, it was very difficult however we had each others support to no end.

This culture of intensity at Dell helped me learn to grow and become a more educated, experienced, and wise person.

In the end my time with this company taught me to believe in myself completely.

So thank you Dell Canada, I will miss you.
Pros
complete support; no career limits, and a 5star kitchen awe; i miss that deliscious food.
Cons
in the end; i find none. i haven't been able to state that about any other place i have worked
A challenging and rewarding place to work
Senior Marketing Mgr- Public/Large Enterprise (Current Employee) –  Toronto , Ontario24 April 2013
I interface with many managers in sales and marketing and provide insights into market trends , developments , and performance which is key to their strategic planning. I'm a member of senior managements planning council.

Some examples of the key information provided are reports on Retention, Aquisition and Development accounts; Buypower data; Sales and Share trends and developments by customer, segments, and LOB. This information is vital to helping us make better map accounts to sales people and to better plan sales territories. It's also vital to sales plays and marketing events.

I often work on very tight deadlines where informational support is needed on a moment's notice.

Being from a sales background I am fully in tune with the needs of the sales organization and its tight timelines. We work as a team.

Satisfaction of a job well done and the understanding that my work has been appreciated and helped our company secure more business.
Pros
work from home days provide relief from the daily commute and actually improve productivity
Cons
lots of conference calls . lack of chances to meet face to face.
An exciting place to work
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ENG23 May 2014
Come in and log into the phone systems and offer Tier 2 support to the Tier 1 agents. I would read up updates on policies.

The management was very motivating and valued their employees. The hardest part of the job was having to provide the same information to the same individual every week. The most enjoyable part was having the CEO Michael Dell come visit the group.
Pros
Pizza lunches, Recognition for perfect attendance
Cons
Hard to get there with transit
Great place to learn, challenging pace, never a dull moment
Director, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 July 2015
I learned and grew more at EMC than I would have any where else. My career is where it is today due to the opportunities EMC presented me during my 20 years there.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
24x7 type job. Difficult to separate work and life
Fun Place to work family life balance
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 August 2015
great place to work to learn new technologies long hours family work life balance.
colleagues assist on cases when needed very helpful, training is not much you have to learn on your own
Flexible working environment
Assistant Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D17 July 2013
Dell management was flexible and friendly, therefore more efficient, a lot of the work could be done from work. Co-workers were happy. Most of the meetings were held via conference call with other Dell divisions in Europe. The hardest part of the job was make customers take time to answer questions. But overal a great working experience.
creative work environment
Customer Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 December 2015
Troubleshooting technical problems requires creativity.With the given technical tools you must be able to think outside the box to sole computer related Issues.
The difference between an hour of trouble shooting and say 30 minutes of trouble shooting depends on your creative skills
and dell helped me develop that skill
It is an interestig place to work.
Senior SAP QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 November 2015
It is an interesting place to work.
It can be hectic and be very challenging to balance work with a family. The QA unit where I worked had a lot of work load and dead lines to meet. You find the QA staff performing testing on various platforms simultaneously for different software releases and platforms.
There is a gym for employees and consultants. I would say above all that it is a nice place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, Ontario30 November 2011
Dynamic and ever-changing business, was early stages of Dell in Canada when I worked there so advancement opportunites were plentiful.
Pros
occasional free lunches, provided additional training and seminars, strong benefit package
Typical big company culture
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 January 2013
The best part working here are the people.
You learn from your co-workers
Very Difficult to grow within the company.
Benefits are above average compared to American Companies, BUT below average compared to Canadian companies.
Pros
learn from projects. e-training
Cons
no transit pass, vacation days don't carry over the following year
Fast paced and empowerment environment with global team and SME support
Sr. Manager, Americas Logistics (Director Grade) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 November 2015
Dell is not for the 9 to 5 employee but it is for those who can work, function and thrive in fast paced work environment where change is always a good thing to bring about.
Pros
Fun yet exciting work environment
Cons
hard to get repalcement associates when someone leaves the company
Not organized, pull from one job to another
HVAC Technician second year apprentice (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE23 July 2014
Co-workers were very friendly and worked as a team, but managment were not organized. More work then what workers could handle therefore lost contracts.
Pros
Health benefits, supplied work clothing.
Cons
Over time hours paid the same as regular work hours
very pressurizing, and must have multitasking skill with good speed.
Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2014
my day starts at 8am, I have to report 15 minutes before start time. it is extremly hectic in the morning hours, I have to monitor all the CCTV's and also help all the employee's with their access to campus by creating pass key for them. Meanwhile I also have to maintain contact with building operators and generate work orders for various contractors, after that i have to flag all the work orders and access authorization with their respective orders. We also have celebrity escort very often, so I have to dispatch guards for them and also keep contact with them. In afternoon I start clearing pass keys and update all the employee information. In evening I have to do audits of NVR switches and CCTV routers and attach all the reports at the end of my shift.
Positive Attitude towards work and people
Owner/operator (Current Employee) –  Kitimat Modernization Project27 January 2015
Early to rise and always positive. Cool in pressure situations. Hardest part of the day is learning how to deal with each individual.
Seeing your efforts come to fruition with the crew and having a positive safety culture develop.
Great Products poor culture
Outbound->advanced resolution expert (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON27 October 2015
Wonderful products, Some knowledge staff, Great vision and direction

Resolve issues that were not resolvable with the current resources available. Call customer (at a predetermined time)to RESOLVE the issue.Advise and mentor inbound support staff.
Pros
Great product, some very intelligent personell
Cons
Lost company vision
Providing technical support on Desktops, Laptops and Printers
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2012
Verifying imaging functionality for warranty and technical issues pertaining to Dell imaging systems, PC’s, and other peripherals, including hardware drivers and Microsoft Windows
Troubleshoot imaging hardware, networking, commutions, and software issues
Dispatch parts to address root cause of issues, track dispatches
Remote connect into customer’s PC using Dell Connect to install drivers and verify configuration. Analyzed and configured software’s with MS Windows Operating System and ran the diagnostics
Provide training presentations to other groups
Experience using a corporate knowledge base
Pros
hour break for lunch
Cons
continuous calls
Good atmosphere and good support
Technician on call (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 June 2013
Long night at phone, getting more training and experience as a DELL computer technician. Whenever you need anything from the job, you can ask your manager who, every week, you will have a one-to-one meeting to discuss your progress and outside that meeting, there will be there to discuss anything related to job you encounter. Regarding Level 2 technicians and co-workers are their to give you support at any free time. In regard to the hardest part of the job when you receive an issue that takes a long time to be solved, or even takes a long time and will be unsolvable. The most enjoyable part is when you have any social activities with co-workers or even small talks.
very good company to work , wish they have better Managment
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2014
working as consultant for different capacity including network, security, engineering, data center, day to day operation and project management , I also have on call rotation since we are supporting 24/7.