Dell
1,301 reviews

Dell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable work
TRI LINGUAL GLOBAL COMMAND CENTER ANALIST (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: the compensation / benefits are great.
Cons: management
Dell is a wonderful company to work. I really enjoyed working there.
The compensation / Benefits are great.
Challenging, not always in a positive way, place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TexasAugust 8, 2014
Pros: on-site gym, health clinic and cafeterias.
Cons: constant reorganizations.
Work at Dell is challenging and support organizations are resource constrained making resolution of customer issues difficult to accomplish in a timely manner. However, there are many good leaders at Dell and I was fortunate to work with and for caring and inspiring leaders.
Computer Techician
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2014
Enjoyed the fast paced work environment that was performance based. I was able to choose my shift due to excellent performance
Good place to work in tech suppport
Enterprise Help Desk Agent (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 7, 2014
Pros: potlucks, discounts, benefits
Cons: change of schedule on a whim
At work we sit at our desks and answer phones and support end users. I learned the ability to fix problems by remote and how to be a better troubleshooter. Management has pretty good approaches to things and they are easy to talk to. I love my co-workers there very friendly. Hardest part of the job is figuring out what to do with tickets and the high – more... stress of a call center. Most enjoyable is they let me have time off to pursue my development skills. – less
Looking out over 360 was great
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee), 360 Austin, TexasAugust 7, 2014
When I started we were located off of 360 and the screanary was just wonderful
Offered me a good project to work with
Sr. MicroStrategy Architect/Developer (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 7, 2014
• Interacted with Business Analysts, Business Users and Managers for Gathering, Analyzing, Documenting Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Data Specifications.
• Develop and documented high-impact Business Intelligence Requirements / rules (BRD) based on interaction with stake holders, end-users.
• Crystal clear with concepts of Data – more... Warehousing, Data Modeling, Physical database design.
• Developed logical models, building hierarchies, attributes and facts, extracting tables from warehouse.
• Involved in creation of schema objects Attributes, facts, hierarchies and transformations for development of application objects on top of it.
• Extensively work on creating Application Objects like Metrics and Compound metrics, Filters, Custom Groups and Consolidations for complex reports.
• Create transformations to-do time series analysis and to compare the values at different times such as sales at this year versus last year, or month-to-date.
• Created transformational metrics (Sales, Sales Target, Market Share, and Growth) to compare monthly, quarterly and annual sales.
• Use Drill maps in the project to allow the documents drilling from one level to another both drill up and drill down.
• Develop reports implying complex filters with advanced qualifications involving the ‘Apply simple’ and ‘Apply comparison’ functions.
• Develop MicroStrategy metadata and metrics to support new reporting requirements.
• Maintained the metadata repositories and taking up regular backups of the metadata.
• Involved in migrating the objects from Development to Testing (QA) and then to Production Environment in MicroStrategy.
• Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy Web Reports, optimizing the SQL using the VLDB Properties.
• Perform the administration tasks like tuning, Caching, specifying Query Governing Thresholds, and Report optimization.
• Involved in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Documentation and Implementation of the project. Provided post production support to end-users. – less
A good place to work in a positive environment
Internal Account Manager UK Education & Local Govt (Former Employee), Citypark GlasgowAugust 7, 2014
Pros: a good team with a winning culture
Cons: redundancy
I worked in an excellent team with an exceptional manager. Unfortunately I was made redundant as were the rest of the team.
Fun at work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 6, 2014
Best place to work with. Very high on integrity. Good people . The people are high on ethics and moral values . Very good company to work with.
good brand trying to make big changes
Field Sales (Former Employee), field salesAugust 5, 2014
good brand trying to make big changes. Many good people have left in recent downsizing. Challenge is to properly intergrate all of the recent acquisitions.
Excellent Work environment
Business Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 5, 2014
Work at dell is excellent. There we can really build our career and get succeful.

The management team is very focus to help the individuals
Great Team, Very Productive
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great co-workers
Cons: travel
I have the best boss anyone could want. Whenever I have a question she is there for me, even though she is the office manager for four practices. She listens to my concern and always has positive feedback. My co-workers are knowledgeable and they always help me. We are truly a team.
good working environment
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee), Chennai, TNAugust 4, 2014
good company to develope our personal skills,the most enjoyable part of the life
Depends on where you are
Senior Advisor, Enterprise Applications (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 2, 2014
Pros: job/life balance
Cons: i haven't heard of anyone attending training in a long time.
In my experience Dell is very hetogeneous. Depending on which team you're on you'll have an amazing experience with lots of novel opportunities or you might end up in a cell-like office with no windows and so much work that you can never leave your desk to talk to your coworkers. It's not surprising that some people rate Dell 1 star, some 5 stars. I – more... think both are correct. – less
Competitive, Leading, Proactive Company
Director Support Operations (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 1, 2014
Good balance and growth for employees, while remaining a leader in computer, software and storage solutions.
Balanced enviroment between work and fun time
Resolation Officer (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDJuly 31, 2014
Pros: the beneifits were outstanding. bonus's were great and challenging
Cons: stressful
It was a fast moving job. Stressful through productivity but that's how call centers are. Mr. Dell was generous with bonus and health benefits. The only time you talk to co-workers was at the beginning and end of a shift or at play day.
good
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 29, 2014
everything good,i learned there testing knowledge of different mappings,co-workers are co-operative persons,designing of different mappings part of my job
Great company
Senior Production Associate (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 28, 2014
Loved working for Dell really cared about its employees, Benefits package is awesome
They are trying
Solutions Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 28, 2014
People are great and intentions of leadership are genuine. But they can't turn the ship fast enough to compete in emerging technology space.
wonderful experience
Auditor (Former Employee), shanghaiJuly 28, 2014
interesting place to work with so many wonderful colleagues, who were always kind to people and efficient at work.
Excelent company to develop skills
Microsoft Renewal Specialist (Current Employee), Panama city, PanamaJuly 27, 2014
Pros: diversity
Dell give to all the employees the oportunitty to grow and develope skills at the maximum.

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more