Dell
1,301 reviews

Dell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dynamic, challenging and invigorating place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: learnt about dell hardware, software and about printers.
Cons: late shifts
It was an inbound call centre. Main function was to resolve technical (hardware and software) issues for PCs, Laptop and printers. Each individual case was unique and therefore there was no boredom of repetitious information. There was a constatnt source of learning. I most enjoyed the customer interaction and problem solving.
Great place to work with in a wonderful Team environment.
Hardware Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: great place to work in.
Cons: too bad the company closed in edmonton.
Providing remote and phone services for commercial clients in the US and Canada regarding laptops and printers of all kinds.
I'm no writer; so bare with me. At first it was overwhelming
Senior Analyst B3 Division Dell on Call (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: complete support; no career limits, and a 5star kitchen awe; i miss that deliscious food.
Cons: in the end; i find none. i haven't been able to state that about any other place i have worked
The reality is when we take on something new in our lives; a new challenge, a baby, relationship or career move; It is natural to feel overwhelmed at times.

I truly love the time I was blessed to be employed at Dell; I can't begin to explain how much this company and its' members taught me; Not just about Computer Software and Hardware; or the endless – more... sessions on pushing for more and achieving greater things; but what I learned about myself and what I could achieve.

-What I learned? The dell culture taught me to put people first and do everything in my power to help them bring resolution to their problems (this is not always easy to do, but you must persevere).

-A typical day at work? Seriously? There was hardly ever "a typical day at work" (the co-workers) I was with an amazing albeit crazy bunch of people; We worked hard to help our clients and even harder to support each other as well as we could. Endless research to find better ways to do our daily tasks and assist our clients; It wasn't all work no play however; we loved to play and laugh all day and night.

-Management What can I say here; At times all the ideas being rolled over us were frustrating; but over all I give Dell a 5 star top notch rating for constantly working to reform policy and make the profiles more clear and direct from the Top to the Bottom of the organization; This is why in the end, we were able to deliver the best service and solutions to all our clients.

The hardest part of this work came when no matter how hard we strive, there were always the occasional issue we just couldn't solve without causing to much strain on the client. The reality is; our clients do not have the experience or education we did on the technology they were using; and Dell provided us with Massive resources to do our best. Sometimes there were moments where it wasn't enough; But we always got through it; we Persevered, and in the end we always got the issues resolved and did everything in our power to be our best for our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Easy; The people I grew to love as friends and colleges. We had a very busy hectic environment; there were always many tasks to perform; new courses to learn and constant projects to develop; At times, it was very difficult however we had each others support to no end.

This culture of intensity at Dell helped me learn to grow and become a more educated, experienced, and wise person.

In the end my time with this company taught me to believe in myself completely.

So thank you Dell Canada, I will miss you. – less
Great work life balance but very little turn over
KACE Outside Account Executive (Current Employee), RemoteOctober 18, 2012
Typical day is following up with customers looking for opportunities and customer visits. Best part of the job is the work life balance. Most difficult is the limited opportunity to move up in the organization and managements unwillingness to learn the Canadian business (managed out of the US).

Team at Dell is fantastic! Great people! Lots of talent.
Great co-workers/Lack of Managment competence
Account Manager - Major Public Accounts (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
Pros: work from home program
Cons: high quotas no resources to achieve your goals
My job is made much more interesting and fun because of my co-workers and team. Without them, I would have seeked employment elsewhere a long time ago.

Hardest part of my job is having to balance my duties and responsibilites while also completing demands of internal processes

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the ability – more... to work from home three days per week which helps in improving work/life balance – less
Nearly Outstanding Firm To Work For
Technical Support - L2 (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJune 7, 2012
Pros: training and people
Cons: duration of employment not expected
Very professional and fantastic training provided by a great company. Enjoyed being part of a team that was striven to provide customer satisfaction I've never been exposed to previously.
Unfortunately, due to Business Concerns and the value of the US-CDN $, required this outstanding call center to cease.
We were repeatedly advised by upper management – more... that our call center had the best Statistics of any Dell Call Center in the world. It was difficult to understand at the time why Dell would cease operations, but looking back now, It was likely justified.
Nothing but the best can be noted from working here and hope to return to Dell in the future. – less
Dell On Call
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2012
Pros: great rotation on shifts, sick leave pay, games room
Cons: software was constantly crashing, had to deal with old operationing systems like windows me, windows 95, 98
The call times where great and a lot of knowledge that u cant learn from anywhere else was learned with Dell. A typical day in the office was talking to great people on the phones which added a lot to the job. The coworkers and management where excellent still have some friends from Dell. I learned how to navigate and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioNovember 30, 2011
Pros: occasional free lunches, provided additional training and seminars, strong benefit package
Dynamic and ever-changing business, was early stages of Dell in Canada when I worked there so advancement opportunites were plentiful.
Terrible place to work
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDAugust 20, 2014
Hated every minute of the year I worked there. Only room for advancement if you have a friendly attitude.
Great Job with Great Product
FINANCIAL SELLS REP (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: holiday schedule.
A. Arrive about 20 minutes before starting time
B. Log in to computer and phones
C. Check sound quality and computer speeds
D. Take first call
E. Listen to customer needs, address needs, provide solution to needs, listen for feedback, address objections, close sale.
F. Repeat the process.

Hardest part of job was knowing that manager may be on the line – more... with you and not being able to close the sale. I learned to present product as a need and not a want, how to overcome objections, and how to have a strong close. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to a variety of individuals with needs unique to them, and supplying that need. Co-workers were outstanding. – less
Fantastic people, exciting growth and great company culture
Global Communications & Training Program Manager (Current Employee), DublinAugust 19, 2014
Dell is a brilliant place to work. The people who work here are intelligent, ambitious and motivated. A massively successful company that helps people continually develop.
Relaxing and Fun place to work
Testing Engineering Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 15, 2014
. Good for beginners and senior professionals
. Decent work life balance and culture
. Decent management
It's all about who you know.
Operations Data Analyst/L2 - Dell Client Services (Former Employee), Round RockAugust 13, 2014
Enjoyed the job and the people the first few years but over time it became apparent that you are just a badge number.
Excellent job culture with life balance
Technical support expert (Current Employee), BangaloreAugust 13, 2014
Pros: job security, life balance, management and job culture
Cons: no complaints
Excellent job culture with life balance, its been a great experience working for dell, no compaints at all, perfect life balance
good work/life balance
Inside Account Manager (Former Employee), Canton, MAAugust 12, 2014
Cons: layoff
great group of employees to work with.
good work/life balance
Fun and informative workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 12, 2014
Overall great place to work. Was able to learn and expand my knowledge or the overall IT world. On a typical day at Dell I would be managing my internal team and making sure that everything is fully satisfying for all my customers and their needs.
Dell
Technical Support Help Desk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2014
Pros: lunch cafeteria
Cons: alot of calls
It was a fun atmoshere. Had a work out room, gaming rooms, basketball court. They kept the moral up and thats why i liked them. We took about 100 calls per day and stayed real busy asisting users with reseting passwords and usernames
Good place to work for a fresher
Financial Admin Associate (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: dell inc. is excellent place to start career
Cons: yes once tenured one has to spend long hrs at office
Good Work Experience.

Good organization.

From Operation perspective keep moving or else one become stagnant
Excellent opportunities to learn and grow as an IT professional.
Technical Support Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2014
It is an inbound call center, but don't turn your nose up just because it is a call center.

Benefits are great, I am not sure if I am allowed to go in depth, but they rock.

On an average year you will spend at least 6 weeks or more in training.

Co-workers can be a give or take. It is a huge place you will get along with some; others you will have – more... to "play nice."

Management seems to be very interested in creating a good culture and keeping moral up. They are also very interested in getting you trained and promoted. – less
Great opportunities in many directions at Dell
Resolution Manager (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 9, 2014
Dell provided me with an entry level phone technician job to help customers with their enterprise server systems during failures. While there Dell continued to provide training opportunities in just about any Enterprise technology that is available. I chose to focus on servers and operating systems but at the same time was focused on working to the – more... next level.

I then moved into team lead roles of Dell's Silver, Mainstream, High Complexity Microsoft and then Platinum teams. From there I advanced into a Technical Account Manager position where I managed large Enterprise technical accounts. From there I moved into my current position as a Resolution Manager handling escalations across most all Enterprise and client products sold by Dell.

The experience at Dell has been very fulfilling. I have developed, through Dell's help, a broad and effective skill set ranging from technical troubleshooting to negotiation skills as well as communication both verbal and written. Dell has provided the means to gain several important certifications within the industry including Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, and ITIL.

The atmosphere at Dell is very friendly and edifying but professional at all times, even when fun is to be had... I have developed many strong professional and personal friendships there.

The focus is always that the customer is first. It is amazing to see the day in and day out amazing collaborative efforts across the people and teams within Dell to achieve the end goal with the customer which is essentially ensuring that they remain a partner for life.

Through my time at Dell I gained experience using multiple CRM's, and a good portion of the Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to EXCEL, WORD, PowerPoint and Publisher.

Management has always been focused at not just improving my current work experience and effectiveness but they focus on my career path to help me find my best places within Dell. I have consistent one one ones as well as skip-level one on ones with management where I am offered the opportunity to get deeper insights into the business both current and future. In these meetings I participate in the process of improving myself professionally and to focus on future opportunities. So far I have not been disappointed with any manager and I have had many in my 11 years with the company.

The hardest and then again it also can be the most enjoyable part of my job are the escalations I work on. No doubt it can be pressing and quite stressful to have a job where no one comes to you when things are working as they should. When things fail in a customer's environment and when the costs are great I am brought in to make sure that resolution is achieved in a manner that satisfies the customer. Having a lot of people depend on you as such can be pressing at times but when issues are resolved and the customer is happy as what happens most if not close all of the time that is where the enjoyment of the job is realized. – less

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more