Dell
1,482 reviews

Dell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good atmosphere and good support
Technician on call (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 4, 2013
Long night at phone, getting more training and experience as a DELL computer technician. Whenever you need anything from the job, you can ask your manager who, every week, you will have a one-to-one meeting to discuss your progress and outside that meeting, there will be there to discuss anything related to job you encounter. Regarding Level 2 technicians – more... and co-workers are their to give you support at any free time. In regard to the hardest part of the job when you receive an issue that takes a long time to be solved, or even takes a long time and will be unsolvable. The most enjoyable part is when you have any social activities with co-workers or even small talks. – less
fast pace work enviroment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 29, 2013
Pros: excellent team work
Excellent Company to work for , extremely challenging at times
Dell is relaxed and FUN
Hardware Support Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2013
Pros: management lets you have fun fun fun!
Cons: low wage
Fun! The management wants you to enjoy your time and your team!
Employee focused work environment
Contact Centre Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2013
Business unit lead on Customer Experience and External Problem Resolution metric.
Created a premium support team for key client group.
Typical big company culture
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: learn from projects. e-training
Cons: no transit pass, vacation days don't carry over the following year
The best part working here are the people.
You learn from your co-workers
Very Difficult to grow within the company.
Benefits are above average compared to American Companies, BUT below average compared to Canadian companies.
Dynamic, challenging and invigorating place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: learnt about dell hardware, software and about printers.
Cons: late shifts
It was an inbound call centre. Main function was to resolve technical (hardware and software) issues for PCs, Laptop and printers. Each individual case was unique and therefore there was no boredom of repetitious information. There was a constatnt source of learning. I most enjoyed the customer interaction and problem solving.
Great place to work with in a wonderful Team environment.
Hardware Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: great place to work in.
Cons: too bad the company closed in edmonton.
Providing remote and phone services for commercial clients in the US and Canada regarding laptops and printers of all kinds.
I'm no writer; so bare with me. At first it was overwhelming
Senior Analyst B3 Division Dell on Call (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: complete support; no career limits, and a 5star kitchen awe; i miss that deliscious food.
Cons: in the end; i find none. i haven't been able to state that about any other place i have worked
The reality is when we take on something new in our lives; a new challenge, a baby, relationship or career move; It is natural to feel overwhelmed at times.

I truly love the time I was blessed to be employed at Dell; I can't begin to explain how much this company and its' members taught me; Not just about Computer Software and Hardware; or the endless – more... sessions on pushing for more and achieving greater things; but what I learned about myself and what I could achieve.

-What I learned? The dell culture taught me to put people first and do everything in my power to help them bring resolution to their problems (this is not always easy to do, but you must persevere).

-A typical day at work? Seriously? There was hardly ever "a typical day at work" (the co-workers) I was with an amazing albeit crazy bunch of people; We worked hard to help our clients and even harder to support each other as well as we could. Endless research to find better ways to do our daily tasks and assist our clients; It wasn't all work no play however; we loved to play and laugh all day and night.

-Management What can I say here; At times all the ideas being rolled over us were frustrating; but over all I give Dell a 5 star top notch rating for constantly working to reform policy and make the profiles more clear and direct from the Top to the Bottom of the organization; This is why in the end, we were able to deliver the best service and solutions to all our clients.

The hardest part of this work came when no matter how hard we strive, there were always the occasional issue we just couldn't solve without causing to much strain on the client. The reality is; our clients do not have the experience or education we did on the technology they were using; and Dell provided us with Massive resources to do our best. Sometimes there were moments where it wasn't enough; But we always got through it; we Persevered, and in the end we always got the issues resolved and did everything in our power to be our best for our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Easy; The people I grew to love as friends and colleges. We had a very busy hectic environment; there were always many tasks to perform; new courses to learn and constant projects to develop; At times, it was very difficult however we had each others support to no end.

This culture of intensity at Dell helped me learn to grow and become a more educated, experienced, and wise person.

In the end my time with this company taught me to believe in myself completely.

So thank you Dell Canada, I will miss you. – less
Great work life balance but very little turn over
KACE Outside Account Executive (Current Employee), RemoteOctober 18, 2012
Typical day is following up with customers looking for opportunities and customer visits. Best part of the job is the work life balance. Most difficult is the limited opportunity to move up in the organization and managements unwillingness to learn the Canadian business (managed out of the US).

Team at Dell is fantastic! Great people! Lots of talent.
Great co-workers/Lack of Managment competence
Account Manager - Major Public Accounts (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
Pros: work from home program
Cons: high quotas no resources to achieve your goals
My job is made much more interesting and fun because of my co-workers and team. Without them, I would have seeked employment elsewhere a long time ago.

Hardest part of my job is having to balance my duties and responsibilites while also completing demands of internal processes

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the ability – more... to work from home three days per week which helps in improving work/life balance – less
Nearly Outstanding Firm To Work For
Technical Support - L2 (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJune 7, 2012
Pros: training and people
Cons: duration of employment not expected
Very professional and fantastic training provided by a great company. Enjoyed being part of a team that was striven to provide customer satisfaction I've never been exposed to previously.
Unfortunately, due to Business Concerns and the value of the US-CDN $, required this outstanding call center to cease.
We were repeatedly advised by upper management – more... that our call center had the best Statistics of any Dell Call Center in the world. It was difficult to understand at the time why Dell would cease operations, but looking back now, It was likely justified.
Nothing but the best can be noted from working here and hope to return to Dell in the future. – less
Dell On Call
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2012
Pros: great rotation on shifts, sick leave pay, games room
Cons: software was constantly crashing, had to deal with old operationing systems like windows me, windows 95, 98
The call times where great and a lot of knowledge that u cant learn from anywhere else was learned with Dell. A typical day in the office was talking to great people on the phones which added a lot to the job. The coworkers and management where excellent still have some friends from Dell. I learned how to navigate and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioNovember 30, 2011
Pros: occasional free lunches, provided additional training and seminars, strong benefit package
Dynamic and ever-changing business, was early stages of Dell in Canada when I worked there so advancement opportunites were plentiful.
Dell Inc, IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 20, 2014
Good Company
Project Leader Nola (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: too big
Cons: flexibility
The team concentrates in reaching the goals established by senior management.Good company to work for despite the size of it. Offers great flexibility.The hardest part is to reach goals with lack of innovations on their products as the competitiveness is very aggressive.
Great place to work with work life balance given priority.
Program Analyst(PMO Office) (Former Employee), Cyberjaya, M10December 17, 2014
Pros: travelling and studies enrollment
Cons: cafeteria
- No fixed working hours
- cross functional management
- availability to travel
- benefits
Dell
Inside Commercial Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 16, 2014
Great place to work, I had to relocate. Nothing bad here.Work as from 7am to when you met your quota. Management was great because all of the managers were in the same position to start, a sales rep. Hardest part was to hit 3month quota and stay consistent. But if you worked 'semi' hard, you could do it within 6-hours. Bonuses were great, and pay was – more... perfect. No complaints. Wish I never left Nashville. – less
Dell Inc
Customer service (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 15, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: shift scheduling was kind of unstable
Good culture,
Nice place to work
Friendly co-workers
Good management

Cooperating with coworkers was best part of the day

Hardest part was when I was unable to help a customer due to warranty limitations.
Great work life balance company
Enterprise Software & Peripherals Specialist (Former Employee), OKC, OKDecember 14, 2014
Pros: compensation, awards trips, spiffs, employees
Cons: jumping through hoops sometimes to earn your spiffs or bonuses that are always changing
I believe they are a great company to work for. Was trained very well, compensation was great, allowed Work From Home 3 days a week. Ability to make money and be recognized for your hard work. Co Workers made being in the office more enjoyable. Vendors give out gift cards on a regular basis for pushing their products and running contest.

Only negative – more... thing is the unknown direction towards that role with outsourcing to India on parts of our jobs. – less
Hostile work enviroment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: uncaring devious management
This company while it does give the employees free lunches, presents them with awards for jobs well done the work environment is very hostile, The management team if they do not like you they will give you the worst job assignments and hours while giving the employees that they like the best job assignments and the best hours and if you question this – more... then they will fire you. And the support team that is suppose to assist you with complex issues will not help you causing you to provide a bad customer experience which of course you are held accountable for any unhappy customer and depending on where you fall on the like/dislike list of management will determine whether you get fired or get to continue working for them. – less

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more