Dell Employee Reviews in Canada

Dynamic and Fun place to work
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 24, 2014
I would come in, say hi to my co-workers, set up my laptop, sign in to all my applications and programs. I learned different software and hardware products and protocols.
management was great and co-workers are easy to get along with.
job was not hard or difficult but new challenges would come up regarding different departments and it was exciting learning new things. every day was company lunch and it was great to sit down with the staff and eat and converse.
Pros
free food, company perks
Cons
no security with sales
Productive and fun place to work.
Global Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Great for work/life balance.
Lots of flexibility.
Many opportunities for career progression.
Dell On Call
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2012
The call times where great and a lot of knowledge that u cant learn from anywhere else was learned with Dell. A typical day in the office was talking to great people on the phones which added a lot to the job. The coworkers and management where excellent still have some friends from Dell. I learned how to navigate and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Pros
great rotation on shifts, sick leave pay, games room
Cons
software was constantly crashing, had to deal with old operationing systems like windows me, windows 95, 98
I'm no writer; so bare with me. At first it was overwhelming
Senior Analyst B3 Division Dell on Call (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 11, 2013
The reality is when we take on something new in our lives; a new challenge, a baby, relationship or career move; It is natural to feel overwhelmed at times.

I truly love the time I was blessed to be employed at Dell; I can't begin to explain how much this company and its' members taught me; Not just about Computer Software and Hardware; or the endless sessions on pushing for more and achieving greater things; but what I learned about myself and what I could achieve.

-What I learned? The dell culture taught me to put people first and do everything in my power to help them bring resolution to their problems (this is not always easy to do, but you must persevere).

-A typical day at work? Seriously? There was hardly ever "a typical day at work" (the co-workers) I was with an amazing albeit crazy bunch of people; We worked hard to help our clients and even harder to support each other as well as we could. Endless research to find better ways to do our daily tasks and assist our clients; It wasn't all work no play however; we loved to play and laugh all day and night.

-Management What can I say here; At times all the ideas being rolled over us were frustrating; but over all I give Dell a 5 star top notch rating for constantly working to reform policy and make the profiles more clear and direct from the Top to the Bottom of the organization; This is why in the end, we were able to deliver the best service and solutions to all our clients.

The hardest part of this work came when no matter how hard we strive, there were always the occasional issue we just couldn't solve without
  more... causing to much strain on the client. The reality is; our clients do not have the experience or education we did on the technology they were using; and Dell provided us with Massive resources to do our best. Sometimes there were moments where it wasn't enough; But we always got through it; we Persevered, and in the end we always got the issues resolved and did everything in our power to be our best for our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Easy; The people I grew to love as friends and colleges. We had a very busy hectic environment; there were always many tasks to perform; new courses to learn and constant projects to develop; At times, it was very difficult however we had each others support to no end.

This culture of intensity at Dell helped me learn to grow and become a more educated, experienced, and wise person.

In the end my time with this company taught me to believe in myself completely.

So thank you Dell Canada, I will miss you.
Pros
complete support; no career limits, and a 5star kitchen awe; i miss that deliscious food.
Cons
in the end; i find none. i haven't been able to state that about any other place i have worked
An exciting place to work
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ENGMay 23, 2014
Come in and log into the phone systems and offer Tier 2 support to the Tier 1 agents. I would read up updates on policies.

The management was very motivating and valued their employees. The hardest part of the job was having to provide the same information to the same individual every week. The most enjoyable part was having the CEO Michael Dell come visit the group.
Pros
pizza lunches, recognition for perfect attendance
Cons
hard to get there with transit
Great organization
Americas Team Lead, Project Management (Former Employee) –  North YorkMarch 14, 2015
Busy
Great people
lots of business opportunity
salary is well in the expected range
superb products and services
long list of partners to round out services offerings
Flexible working environment
Assistant Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Dublin, DJuly 17, 2013
Dell management was flexible and friendly, therefore more efficient, a lot of the work could be done from work. Co-workers were happy. Most of the meetings were held via conference call with other Dell divisions in Europe. The hardest part of the job was make customers take time to answer questions. But overal a great working experience.
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, OntarioNovember 30, 2011
Dynamic and ever-changing business, was early stages of Dell in Canada when I worked there so advancement opportunites were plentiful.
Pros
occasional free lunches, provided additional training and seminars, strong benefit package
Typical big company culture
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2013
The best part working here are the people.
You learn from your co-workers
Very Difficult to grow within the company.
Benefits are above average compared to American Companies, BUT below average compared to Canadian companies.
Pros
learn from projects. e-training
Cons
no transit pass, vacation days don't carry over the following year
Good atmosphere and good support
Technician on call (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 4, 2013
Long night at phone, getting more training and experience as a DELL computer technician. Whenever you need anything from the job, you can ask your manager who, every week, you will have a one-to-one meeting to discuss your progress and outside that meeting, there will be there to discuss anything related to job you encounter. Regarding Level 2 technicians and co-workers are their to give you support at any free time. In regard to the hardest part of the job when you receive an issue that takes a long time to be solved, or even takes a long time and will be unsolvable. The most enjoyable part is when you have any social activities with co-workers or even small talks.
very good company to work , wish they have better Managment
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
working as consultant for different capacity including network, security, engineering, data center, day to day operation and project management , I also have on call rotation since we are supporting 24/7.
Dell is relaxed and FUN
Hardware Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2013
Fun! The management wants you to enjoy your time and your team!
Pros
management lets you have fun fun fun!
Cons
low wage
Good project
Deployment and Data Migration Technician (Current Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 25, 2013
friendly environment, learn new skills every day, management is very friendly.
Pros
once a week free lunch
good place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  torontoMarch 14, 2014
fast paced environment & great co-workers
Learned a lot about IT
Management needs lots of work
Cons
dell bureaucracy
Dynamic, challenging and invigorating place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2013
It was an inbound call centre. Main function was to resolve technical (hardware and software) issues for PCs, Laptop and printers. Each individual case was unique and therefore there was no boredom of repetitious information. There was a constatnt source of learning. I most enjoyed the customer interaction and problem solving.
Pros
learnt about dell hardware, software and about printers.
Cons
late shifts
A Great Place to Work
Senior Marketing Manager, (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2014
A great place to work overall. Great people and supportive work environment.

Frustration of dealing with US head office to support initiatives for Canada. No real leeway to customize for the Canadian market. Communication from HQ was lacking at times.
Pros
work from home flexibility
Cons
us inflexibility
average
Account Manager, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  TorontoOctober 13, 2014
Mid-level directors are clueless and incompetent. I have no idea how they became the 2nd largest computer company in the world but its clear to me as a former insider and a current-outside observer that they are stagnating.
Productive & useful experience & Career Developement
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJune 10, 2013
Given free hand in developing and completing Electronic systems database and inventory for due diligence preparation of Y2K program
within Goulbourn Township.
Pros
co-operation and assistance from all departments
Cons
no assistance from manufacturers of electronic parts or devices
Learnt all my troubleshooting skills
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  KanataJuly 23, 2014
Talking to customers all day
Great troubleshooting skills
Great to work for Dell
Nice coworkers
Sitting all day is the hardest part of the job
Solved people problem makes me happy
Pros
discount on computer s
Cons
company close down
NCO
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  montrealJune 25, 2014
NCO is a very typical - head down plow through your work ask no questions type of work place... this is a good place for younger adults go to work... if only to learn that every employer will be different and that they have to lear to adjust to higher mamagment