Dell
1,241 reviews

Dell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good atmosphere and good support
Technician on call (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 4, 2013
Long night at phone, getting more training and experience as a DELL computer technician. Whenever you need anything from the job, you can ask your manager who, every week, you will have a one-to-one meeting to discuss your progress and outside that meeting, there will be there to discuss anything related to job you encounter. Regarding Level 2 technicians – more... and co-workers are their to give you support at any free time. In regard to the hardest part of the job when you receive an issue that takes a long time to be solved, or even takes a long time and will be unsolvable. The most enjoyable part is when you have any social activities with co-workers or even small talks. – less
A good environment
Enterprise Architect Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 3, 2013
Our team was the most sought after as it was literally stress free for most times of the year. Although we did have deadlines to meet, on an average compared to other teams it was minimal. I enjoyed working with a talented group of people and I loved a lot of things that I got to learn while working for this MNC.
fast pace work enviroment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 29, 2013
Pros: excellent team work
Excellent Company to work for , extremely challenging at times
Dell is relaxed and FUN
Hardware Support Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2013
Pros: management lets you have fun fun fun!
Cons: low wage
Fun! The management wants you to enjoy your time and your team!
Innovative and fun to work at
Client technical Support (Former Employee), Mohali, PBMarch 15, 2013
Management was awesome, good place to work for and good salary and innovative place to be at.
Employee focused work environment
Contact Centre Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2013
Business unit lead on Customer Experience and External Problem Resolution metric.
Created a premium support team for key client group.
Typical big company culture
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: learn from projects. e-training
Cons: no transit pass, vacation days don't carry over the following year
The best part working here are the people.
You learn from your co-workers
Very Difficult to grow within the company.
Benefits are above average compared to American Companies, BUT below average compared to Canadian companies.
Dynamic, challenging and invigorating place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: learnt about dell hardware, software and about printers.
Cons: late shifts
It was an inbound call centre. Main function was to resolve technical (hardware and software) issues for PCs, Laptop and printers. Each individual case was unique and therefore there was no boredom of repetitious information. There was a constatnt source of learning. I most enjoyed the customer interaction and problem solving.
Great place to work with in a wonderful Team environment.
Hardware Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: great place to work in.
Cons: too bad the company closed in edmonton.
Providing remote and phone services for commercial clients in the US and Canada regarding laptops and printers of all kinds.
I'm no writer; so bare with me. At first it was overwhelming
Senior Analyst B3 Division Dell on Call (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: complete support; no career limits, and a 5star kitchen awe; i miss that deliscious food.
Cons: in the end; i find none. i haven't been able to state that about any other place i have worked
The reality is when we take on something new in our lives; a new challenge, a baby, relationship or career move; It is natural to feel overwhelmed at times.

I truly love the time I was blessed to be employed at Dell; I can't begin to explain how much this company and its' members taught me; Not just about Computer Software and Hardware; or the endless – more... sessions on pushing for more and achieving greater things; but what I learned about myself and what I could achieve.

-What I learned? The dell culture taught me to put people first and do everything in my power to help them bring resolution to their problems (this is not always easy to do, but you must persevere).

-A typical day at work? Seriously? There was hardly ever "a typical day at work" (the co-workers) I was with an amazing albeit crazy bunch of people; We worked hard to help our clients and even harder to support each other as well as we could. Endless research to find better ways to do our daily tasks and assist our clients; It wasn't all work no play however; we loved to play and laugh all day and night.

-Management What can I say here; At times all the ideas being rolled over us were frustrating; but over all I give Dell a 5 star top notch rating for constantly working to reform policy and make the profiles more clear and direct from the Top to the Bottom of the organization; This is why in the end, we were able to deliver the best service and solutions to all our clients.

The hardest part of this work came when no matter how hard we strive, there were always the occasional issue we just couldn't solve without causing to much strain on the client. The reality is; our clients do not have the experience or education we did on the technology they were using; and Dell provided us with Massive resources to do our best. Sometimes there were moments where it wasn't enough; But we always got through it; we Persevered, and in the end we always got the issues resolved and did everything in our power to be our best for our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Easy; The people I grew to love as friends and colleges. We had a very busy hectic environment; there were always many tasks to perform; new courses to learn and constant projects to develop; At times, it was very difficult however we had each others support to no end.

This culture of intensity at Dell helped me learn to grow and become a more educated, experienced, and wise person.

In the end my time with this company taught me to believe in myself completely.

So thank you Dell Canada, I will miss you. – less
Great work life balance but very little turn over
KACE Outside Account Executive (Current Employee), RemoteOctober 18, 2012
Typical day is following up with customers looking for opportunities and customer visits. Best part of the job is the work life balance. Most difficult is the limited opportunity to move up in the organization and managements unwillingness to learn the Canadian business (managed out of the US).

Team at Dell is fantastic! Great people! Lots of talent.
Great co-workers/Lack of Managment competence
Account Manager - Major Public Accounts (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
Pros: work from home program
Cons: high quotas no resources to achieve your goals
My job is made much more interesting and fun because of my co-workers and team. Without them, I would have seeked employment elsewhere a long time ago.

Hardest part of my job is having to balance my duties and responsibilites while also completing demands of internal processes

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the ability – more... to work from home three days per week which helps in improving work/life balance – less
Senior Order Processor
Senior Order Processor (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXSeptember 26, 2012
Entering Order specifics for the Federal Dept,
Assisted Sales Reps on Specific requirements for systems
productive
Technical support agent (Former Employee), Athens, greeceAugust 7, 2012
-earned about hardware issues
-gained it experience
-learned to work as a team
I loved it there!
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Penang, MalaysiaJuly 29, 2012
I've learned a lot during my 3-month internship at Dell, such as managing large amount of detailed data using Microsoft Excel, creating a GM/Controller scorecard, and etc. A typical day at work was 9-5. I loved the people there, they are super friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was definitely setting my priorities. So many deadlines to – more... meet hence I had to prioritize to see which assignment was rather important and which wasn't. Overall, what I enjoyed most of the job was that I've got to learn so much about the company and many more. – less
Nearly Outstanding Firm To Work For
Technical Support - L2 (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJune 7, 2012
Pros: training and people
Cons: duration of employment not expected
Very professional and fantastic training provided by a great company. Enjoyed being part of a team that was striven to provide customer satisfaction I've never been exposed to previously.
Unfortunately, due to Business Concerns and the value of the US-CDN $, required this outstanding call center to cease.
We were repeatedly advised by upper management – more... that our call center had the best Statistics of any Dell Call Center in the world. It was difficult to understand at the time why Dell would cease operations, but looking back now, It was likely justified.
Nothing but the best can be noted from working here and hope to return to Dell in the future. – less
Dell On Call
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2012
Pros: great rotation on shifts, sick leave pay, games room
Cons: software was constantly crashing, had to deal with old operationing systems like windows me, windows 95, 98
The call times where great and a lot of knowledge that u cant learn from anywhere else was learned with Dell. A typical day in the office was talking to great people on the phones which added a lot to the job. The coworkers and management where excellent still have some friends from Dell. I learned how to navigate and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
WIndows 7 Upgrade
Dell Advanced Tech L3 (Former Employee), WorldwideJuly 11, 2014
Responsible for backing up customers data and restoring it onto new Pc.
Provided customer with Navigation through windows 7.
Installed RBU and Cash dispensers to Teller Pcs
learned from DELL
Customer Care Voice Senior Representative (Former Employee), chennaiJuly 10, 2014
I learnt how to communicate with americans . Also i learnt how to handle them and to fix the issues.
Good Benefits, Managemement encouraged creativity.
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock TexasJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good managers, good culture
Cons: calibration reviews can cause stress within organization
Nice group to work with. Good architecture strength. Ping Pong tables, Great group events, Forward thinking for business effort and positive attitudes toward change. I would work for them again.

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more