Dell
1,398 reviews

Dell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast pace work enviroment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 29, 2013
Pros: excellent team work
Excellent Company to work for , extremely challenging at times
Dell is relaxed and FUN
Hardware Support Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2013
Pros: management lets you have fun fun fun!
Cons: low wage
Fun! The management wants you to enjoy your time and your team!
Employee focused work environment
Contact Centre Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2013
Business unit lead on Customer Experience and External Problem Resolution metric.
Created a premium support team for key client group.
Typical big company culture
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: learn from projects. e-training
Cons: no transit pass, vacation days don't carry over the following year
The best part working here are the people.
You learn from your co-workers
Very Difficult to grow within the company.
Benefits are above average compared to American Companies, BUT below average compared to Canadian companies.
Dynamic, challenging and invigorating place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: learnt about dell hardware, software and about printers.
Cons: late shifts
It was an inbound call centre. Main function was to resolve technical (hardware and software) issues for PCs, Laptop and printers. Each individual case was unique and therefore there was no boredom of repetitious information. There was a constatnt source of learning. I most enjoyed the customer interaction and problem solving.
Great place to work with in a wonderful Team environment.
Hardware Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: great place to work in.
Cons: too bad the company closed in edmonton.
Providing remote and phone services for commercial clients in the US and Canada regarding laptops and printers of all kinds.
I'm no writer; so bare with me. At first it was overwhelming
Senior Analyst B3 Division Dell on Call (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: complete support; no career limits, and a 5star kitchen awe; i miss that deliscious food.
Cons: in the end; i find none. i haven't been able to state that about any other place i have worked
The reality is when we take on something new in our lives; a new challenge, a baby, relationship or career move; It is natural to feel overwhelmed at times.

I truly love the time I was blessed to be employed at Dell; I can't begin to explain how much this company and its' members taught me; Not just about Computer Software and Hardware; or the endless – more... sessions on pushing for more and achieving greater things; but what I learned about myself and what I could achieve.

-What I learned? The dell culture taught me to put people first and do everything in my power to help them bring resolution to their problems (this is not always easy to do, but you must persevere).

-A typical day at work? Seriously? There was hardly ever "a typical day at work" (the co-workers) I was with an amazing albeit crazy bunch of people; We worked hard to help our clients and even harder to support each other as well as we could. Endless research to find better ways to do our daily tasks and assist our clients; It wasn't all work no play however; we loved to play and laugh all day and night.

-Management What can I say here; At times all the ideas being rolled over us were frustrating; but over all I give Dell a 5 star top notch rating for constantly working to reform policy and make the profiles more clear and direct from the Top to the Bottom of the organization; This is why in the end, we were able to deliver the best service and solutions to all our clients.

The hardest part of this work came when no matter how hard we strive, there were always the occasional issue we just couldn't solve without causing to much strain on the client. The reality is; our clients do not have the experience or education we did on the technology they were using; and Dell provided us with Massive resources to do our best. Sometimes there were moments where it wasn't enough; But we always got through it; we Persevered, and in the end we always got the issues resolved and did everything in our power to be our best for our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Easy; The people I grew to love as friends and colleges. We had a very busy hectic environment; there were always many tasks to perform; new courses to learn and constant projects to develop; At times, it was very difficult however we had each others support to no end.

This culture of intensity at Dell helped me learn to grow and become a more educated, experienced, and wise person.

In the end my time with this company taught me to believe in myself completely.

So thank you Dell Canada, I will miss you. – less
Great work life balance but very little turn over
KACE Outside Account Executive (Current Employee), RemoteOctober 18, 2012
Typical day is following up with customers looking for opportunities and customer visits. Best part of the job is the work life balance. Most difficult is the limited opportunity to move up in the organization and managements unwillingness to learn the Canadian business (managed out of the US).

Team at Dell is fantastic! Great people! Lots of talent.
Great co-workers/Lack of Managment competence
Account Manager - Major Public Accounts (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
Pros: work from home program
Cons: high quotas no resources to achieve your goals
My job is made much more interesting and fun because of my co-workers and team. Without them, I would have seeked employment elsewhere a long time ago.

Hardest part of my job is having to balance my duties and responsibilites while also completing demands of internal processes

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the ability – more... to work from home three days per week which helps in improving work/life balance – less
Nearly Outstanding Firm To Work For
Technical Support - L2 (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJune 7, 2012
Pros: training and people
Cons: duration of employment not expected
Very professional and fantastic training provided by a great company. Enjoyed being part of a team that was striven to provide customer satisfaction I've never been exposed to previously.
Unfortunately, due to Business Concerns and the value of the US-CDN $, required this outstanding call center to cease.
We were repeatedly advised by upper management – more... that our call center had the best Statistics of any Dell Call Center in the world. It was difficult to understand at the time why Dell would cease operations, but looking back now, It was likely justified.
Nothing but the best can be noted from working here and hope to return to Dell in the future. – less
Dell On Call
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2012
Pros: great rotation on shifts, sick leave pay, games room
Cons: software was constantly crashing, had to deal with old operationing systems like windows me, windows 95, 98
The call times where great and a lot of knowledge that u cant learn from anywhere else was learned with Dell. A typical day in the office was talking to great people on the phones which added a lot to the job. The coworkers and management where excellent still have some friends from Dell. I learned how to navigate and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioNovember 30, 2011
Pros: occasional free lunches, provided additional training and seminars, strong benefit package
Dynamic and ever-changing business, was early stages of Dell in Canada when I worked there so advancement opportunites were plentiful.
Competent management.
Senior Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 23, 2014
Competent management. Company has a good track record of executing on projects.
Dell In Oklahoma City
L2-B2 COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits package, good training
Cons: bad management, shady business practices
Dell has some strong points and weak points just like all companies.
the strong points:
good training and lots of it, great health benefits, fairly decent pay for our position.

the weak points:
bad upper management, bad communication between upper and lower management resulting in micromanagement, "dell is a Meritoctrocy"

Dell has a high turnover – more... rate. I often liken it to Russian rullet - eventually someday your going to get the bullet (pink slip). if you were there for over 6 months - your were a battle tested old timer, tried in the crucible fire of the call center. there was one time i saw them lay off an entire sales floor of over 200 people. they did not tell their employees about it, until they came into work one Monday morning and were bared access to entering the building. They also will fight giving unemployment to anyone they lay off or fire. my advice - if you are laid off by dell and they refuse to give you unemployment, choose to fight the decision and call in to the court hearing. their lawyers wont show up. At dell they make it widely known that "Tech Support it an unwanted expense to dells profit margin" how ever we are what brought customers back to dell. at its core dell is just another call center environment. after dell laid me off, i was thankful for the whole year i was un-employed that i didn't have to get up and go to work in the morning for Dell. it was at dell that i discovered HR doesn't work for the employees rights - it works for the corporations rights over the employees. – less
Work with the best team in the world!
Proposal Management Roles (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: best people to work with, work virtually
Cons: jobs are going overseas and i am being laid off.
Though we work virtually, this is the best team of people I have ever known. We all help each other anytime assistance is needed. We uplift one another and celebrate milestones together.
In the proposal world, we are often required to work late into the night to meet a deadline. Since we are able to work remotely, we are not driving home in the dark. – more... Being at work very early in the morning is no problem as there is no traffic to fight.
It has been an incredible experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life. – less
NA
Project/Program Management Sr. Advisor (Current Employee), Plano, TXOctober 20, 2014
Great company. Good Job/ Life balance.
Overall good culture.
Fair compensation, but overall company leadership disjointed and visions not clearly communicated. NO job security or good work/life balance
Financial Analysis Consultant, NA Commercial (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXOctober 19, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: leadership, job security, worklife balance
Mgt vision not clearly communicated, horrible work life balance, lack of passion from Leaders as it relates to how the company will move forward, Incompetent leadership able to make key decisions. Too much churn not effective systems/processes in place.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 19, 2014
I enjoy my workplace. I look forward to working every morning.
Fun work place
temp (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 17, 2014
I enjoyed every last one of my co-workers as well as my management team. They made it enjoyable to be at work and made every employee want to be there. A typical day at work consisted of being on the assembly line. The hardest part of my job at dell would have to be operating the fork-lift.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2014
 Completing Orders/ shipping and receiving
 Pick and Packing using RF scanning
 cleaning warehouse

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more