Dell

Dell Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Employee focused work environment
Contact Centre Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2013
Business unit lead on Customer Experience and External Problem Resolution metric.
Created a premium support team for key client group.
Typical big company culture
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: learn from projects. e-training
Cons: no transit pass, vacation days don't carry over the following year
The best part working here are the people.
You learn from your co-workers
Very Difficult to grow within the company.
Benefits are above average compared to American Companies, BUT below average compared to Canadian companies.
Dynamic, challenging and invigorating place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: learnt about dell hardware, software and about printers.
Cons: late shifts
It was an inbound call centre. Main function was to resolve technical (hardware and software) issues for PCs, Laptop and printers. Each individual case was unique and therefore there was no boredom of repetitious information. There was a constatnt source of learning. I most enjoyed the customer interaction and problem solving.
Great place to work with in a wonderful Team environment.
Hardware Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: great place to work in.
Cons: too bad the company closed in edmonton.
Providing remote and phone services for commercial clients in the US and Canada regarding laptops and printers of all kinds.
I'm no writer; so bare with me. At first it was overwhelming
Senior Analyst B3 Division Dell on Call (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: complete support; no career limits, and a 5star kitchen awe; i miss that deliscious food.
Cons: in the end; i find none. i haven't been able to state that about any other place i have worked
The reality is when we take on something new in our lives; a new challenge, a baby, relationship or career move; It is natural to feel overwhelmed at times.

I truly love the time I was blessed to be employed at Dell; I can't begin to explain how much this company and its' members taught me; Not just about Computer Software and Hardware; or the endless – more... sessions on pushing for more and achieving greater things; but what I learned about myself and what I could achieve.

-What I learned? The dell culture taught me to put people first and do everything in my power to help them bring resolution to their problems (this is not always easy to do, but you must persevere).

-A typical day at work? Seriously? There was hardly ever "a typical day at work" (the co-workers) I was with an amazing albeit crazy bunch of people; We worked hard to help our clients and even harder to support each other as well as we could. Endless research to find better ways to do our daily tasks and assist our clients; It wasn't all work no play however; we loved to play and laugh all day and night.

-Management What can I say here; At times all the ideas being rolled over us were frustrating; but over all I give Dell a 5 star top notch rating for constantly working to reform policy and make the profiles more clear and direct from the Top to the Bottom of the organization; This is why in the end, we were able to deliver the best service and solutions to all our clients.

The hardest part of this work came when no matter how hard we strive, there were always the occasional issue we just couldn't solve without causing to much strain on the client. The reality is; our clients do not have the experience or education we did on the technology they were using; and Dell provided us with Massive resources to do our best. Sometimes there were moments where it wasn't enough; But we always got through it; we Persevered, and in the end we always got the issues resolved and did everything in our power to be our best for our customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Easy; The people I grew to love as friends and colleges. We had a very busy hectic environment; there were always many tasks to perform; new courses to learn and constant projects to develop; At times, it was very difficult however we had each others support to no end.

This culture of intensity at Dell helped me learn to grow and become a more educated, experienced, and wise person.

In the end my time with this company taught me to believe in myself completely.

So thank you Dell Canada, I will miss you. – less
Great work life balance but very little turn over
KACE Outside Account Executive (Current Employee), RemoteOctober 18, 2012
Typical day is following up with customers looking for opportunities and customer visits. Best part of the job is the work life balance. Most difficult is the limited opportunity to move up in the organization and managements unwillingness to learn the Canadian business (managed out of the US).

Team at Dell is fantastic! Great people! Lots of talent.
Great co-workers/Lack of Managment competence
Account Manager - Major Public Accounts (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
Pros: work from home program
Cons: high quotas no resources to achieve your goals
My job is made much more interesting and fun because of my co-workers and team. Without them, I would have seeked employment elsewhere a long time ago.

Hardest part of my job is having to balance my duties and responsibilites while also completing demands of internal processes

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the ability – more... to work from home three days per week which helps in improving work/life balance – less
I loved it there!
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Penang, MalaysiaJuly 29, 2012
I've learned a lot during my 3-month internship at Dell, such as managing large amount of detailed data using Microsoft Excel, creating a GM/Controller scorecard, and etc. A typical day at work was 9-5. I loved the people there, they are super friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was definitely setting my priorities. So many deadlines to – more... meet hence I had to prioritize to see which assignment was rather important and which wasn't. Overall, what I enjoyed most of the job was that I've got to learn so much about the company and many more. – less
Nearly Outstanding Firm To Work For
Technical Support - L2 (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJune 7, 2012
Pros: training and people
Cons: duration of employment not expected
Very professional and fantastic training provided by a great company. Enjoyed being part of a team that was striven to provide customer satisfaction I've never been exposed to previously.
Unfortunately, due to Business Concerns and the value of the US-CDN $, required this outstanding call center to cease.
We were repeatedly advised by upper management – more... that our call center had the best Statistics of any Dell Call Center in the world. It was difficult to understand at the time why Dell would cease operations, but looking back now, It was likely justified.
Nothing but the best can be noted from working here and hope to return to Dell in the future. – less
Dell On Call
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2012
Pros: great rotation on shifts, sick leave pay, games room
Cons: software was constantly crashing, had to deal with old operationing systems like windows me, windows 95, 98
The call times where great and a lot of knowledge that u cant learn from anywhere else was learned with Dell. A typical day in the office was talking to great people on the phones which added a lot to the job. The coworkers and management where excellent still have some friends from Dell. I learned how to navigate and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, OntarioNovember 30, 2011
Pros: occasional free lunches, provided additional training and seminars, strong benefit package
Dynamic and ever-changing business, was early stages of Dell in Canada when I worked there so advancement opportunites were plentiful.
Acquiring expertise
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible timings
Cons: job security
In my previous organization, I possessed the necessary knowledge and experience on .NET platform and C# programming language, where I was part of developing websites using ASP.NET for the clients.

When I moved to Dell, it provided me an opportunity to create applications on .NET platform for datawarehouse projects/tools to automate the mundane tasks – more... which were carried out. Parallelly, I got an understanding about the datawarehouse world which led me to work on ETL tools like Informatica and SSIS, reporting tools like Mircostrategy and SSRS which was an added advantage for my career.

I enjoyed my life knowing about the new area and applying my expertize gathered previously. – less
Dell
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2014
Very efficient company to work for. I received many of my business skills from working there.
Good company and decent benefits.
Technical Support Senior Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma CitySeptember 15, 2014
Decent company just had to work thru many KPIs that changed weekly.
If you can take it, its a great place to work
Medium Business Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2014
stressful but can be very rewarding. Its a great place to work, with a lot of options as far as moving up within the company
High Energy Atmosphere/Fun environment with opportunity to make money
Dell Business Credit Account Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches at times, great money, work/life balance
Cons: reporting, systematic issues, unrealistic goals
After 14 years, I can say the good far outweighed the bad. Great people and work/life balance. If you do your job, you will make money.
A typical day was fun and energetic
Senior Production Associate (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCSeptember 14, 2014
By building computers with different components into the system as required by customers.
Project management at Dell services
Project Manager (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: decent organization of resources
Cons: laptop is a boat anchor ie old
Many former Perot systems pm's are still present. They utilize an internal methodology of PM3 for projects. It is easliy understood as it is based on PMI standards. There is little room for decision making and understanding of leadership direction. Program management is loose and secretive. I enjoyed working with the SME's and their abilities to tackle – more... issues. DELL is definately challenged in technology areas and many of the customers exploit this making project work difficult. – less
relaxed workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free coffee
this was an awesome job and when the company was sold and relocated I was crushed and had to find a new job.. I learned alot about medical billing.. My co-workers were great everyone pretty much got along and worked well together management listen to what we had to say and what we needed.. overall a great place to work
Great Company
Business Process Improvement Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Great Management with an open door policy.

Projects are challenging but rewarding.

Colleauges are supportive.

Overall a great place to work, learn and advance your career.

About Dell

Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end – Read more