Dell Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place to work, not all managers are equal
Marketing Sr. Adviser (Former Employee) –  Not DisclosedDecember 13, 2015
Nice place, great compensation and work-life balance. Superb Colleagues, will go out of their way to help. Not all managers are equal. Some are amazing to work with, some just not good enough for the job entrusted to them. Some will protect their non-performing teams and others will throw you to the wolves even if you are doing as much as you can in the circumstances. These bad managers float around different departments for years, promoting their own cohorts and trying to build their own fiefdoms. They are always the reason why I have seen many great workers leave. No one will say it upfront though. No point, you see... They go around and spread the discomfort everywhere.
Pros
Great People, Great benefits, Awesome Growth prospects
Cons
24 x 7 on the job due to the WW nature of the responsibility
If your not into sales avoid
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 23, 2016
This job i can personally can work very well for those who enjoy the sales cultures and, talking with their clients on a day to bases for solutions in the computer world. If you are a curious person and want to try something new i would be careful about applying because it is very fast paced and entitles you to also finish your work on your laptop at home. If you love making deals and so on this is the job for you, but if your someone looking for a different direction and like to go into the office cubical life just be prepared for a fast paced environment and yes dell has an awesome atmosphere among colleagues, but that comes down to your adaptability or suitability to the environment. If you dont work with the culture of dell well then expect a lot of stress from the position. Either then that It is over all a good job for students out of school seeking for work and so on.
Pros
Great Culture among colleagues
Cons
Work comes with you to home, may surprise you for what you signed up for
Productivity because the home work
Account Executive Retail (Former Employee) –  SalvadorFebruary 23, 2016
work routine of a seller , serving customers and managing internal staff to meet the demand generated.

pipeline management, business plan development , partner management
Pros
Homework
Cons
bad management
Fast paced and empowerment environment with global team and SME support
Sr. Manager, Americas Logistics (Director Grade) (Former Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 9, 2015
Dell is not for the 9 to 5 employee but it is for those who can work, function and thrive in fast paced work environment where change is always a good thing to bring about.
Pros
Fun yet exciting work environment
Cons
hard to get repalcement associates when someone leaves the company
Great Products poor culture
Outbound->advanced resolution expert (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONOctober 27, 2015
Wonderful products, Some knowledge staff, Great vision and direction

Resolve issues that were not resolvable with the current resources available. Call customer (at a predetermined time)to RESOLVE the issue.Advise and mentor inbound support staff.
Pros
Great product, some very intelligent personell
Cons
Lost company vision
Great HR department
Learning and Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salvador, SKJanuary 11, 2016
Moving into the 21st Century.
Great leadership. Promotes great values and awesome compensation plan

Always looking to move forward
very large company and good public relation
Sales and Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
I am a goal oriented worker with 25 years of experience in IT, with the last 5 years focused on server HP G5-G9 and Virtualization.
Productive and excellent place to work.
Program/Project Management Sr. Advisor (Former Employee) –  North YorkSeptember 16, 2015
Typical day at work: Variety of work everyday
Learned: IT Solutions Hardware and software sales
Management: Great and very supportive
Co-workers: Always willing to help
Pros
Excellent learning place
A good company
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaJune 17, 2015
Overall a good company to work for as it has great culture and work life balance policy. Dell used to be a public company but now turned into private.
Worked with a great team
Data Analyst Specialist / Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Limerick, LKOctober 21, 2014
Coordinated between two teams to perform administrative duties. Worked within a Global team.
Updated time sheets and tracked holiday log.
Attended Global meetings as a representative for our regional office.
Provided an update of projects to management.
Ensured smooth running of the department day to day, delegated when needed.
Great team spirit; camaraderie
Pros
quarterly bonus; benefits;
Cons
long commute
Great organization
Americas Team Lead, Project Management (Former Employee) –  North YorkMarch 14, 2015
Busy
Great people
lots of business opportunity
salary is well in the expected range
superb products and services
long list of partners to round out services offerings
TSR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaSeptember 9, 2014
I worked as a technical support rep in the call center. It was great. The management was smart and friendly. Co-workers were fun. There was really only 2 or 3 places to proceed with my career though which was to move to tier 2 support or to move to a different category of troubleshooting like software. I did neither as Dell pulled up roots and left my town. Sad to see them go.
Pros
fun atmosphere, the management was always helpful
Cons
not much choice in moving up the ladder
A Great Place to Work
Senior Marketing Manager, (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2014
A great place to work overall. Great people and supportive work environment.

Frustration of dealing with US head office to support initiatives for Canada. No real leeway to customize for the Canadian market. Communication from HQ was lacking at times.
Pros
work from home flexibility
Cons
us inflexibility
An exciting place to work
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ENGMay 23, 2014
Come in and log into the phone systems and offer Tier 2 support to the Tier 1 agents. I would read up updates on policies.

The management was very motivating and valued their employees. The hardest part of the job was having to provide the same information to the same individual every week. The most enjoyable part was having the CEO Michael Dell come visit the group.
Pros
pizza lunches, recognition for perfect attendance
Cons
hard to get there with transit
Dynamic and Fun place to work
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 24, 2014
I would come in, say hi to my co-workers, set up my laptop, sign in to all my applications and programs. I learned different software and hardware products and protocols.
management was great and co-workers are easy to get along with.
job was not hard or difficult but new challenges would come up regarding different departments and it was exciting learning new things. every day was company lunch and it was great to sit down with the staff and eat and converse.
Pros
free food, company perks
Cons
no security with sales
the culture and people i have worked with Dell are one of the best
Sales Support Queue (Former Employee) –  Eastwood City Cyberpark, Libis, QCJune 29, 2013
A typical day at work will be opening our outlook for emails from customers, responses regarding inquiries, emails from different departments. I learned a lot at Dell. I also learned to develop my patience, understanding and humility. The management was okay, but my co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is to tell the customer that you cannot really assist them even if you wanted to because the request is already a dead end. One of the most enjoyable part of the job, is the beginning of the month where we receive our meal cards for the month.
Pros
meal card every month, internet access
Cons
unpaid ots.
Good atmosphere and good support
Technician on call (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 4, 2013
Long night at phone, getting more training and experience as a DELL computer technician. Whenever you need anything from the job, you can ask your manager who, every week, you will have a one-to-one meeting to discuss your progress and outside that meeting, there will be there to discuss anything related to job you encounter. Regarding Level 2 technicians and co-workers are their to give you support at any free time. In regard to the hardest part of the job when you receive an issue that takes a long time to be solved, or even takes a long time and will be unsolvable. The most enjoyable part is when you have any social activities with co-workers or even small talks.
Great co-workers/Lack of Managment competence
Account Manager - Major Public Accounts (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
My job is made much more interesting and fun because of my co-workers and team. Without them, I would have seeked employment elsewhere a long time ago.

Hardest part of my job is having to balance my duties and responsibilites while also completing demands of internal processes

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the ability to work from home three days per week which helps in improving work/life balance
Pros
work from home program
Cons
high quotas no resources to achieve your goals
Dynamic, challenging and invigorating place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2013
It was an inbound call centre. Main function was to resolve technical (hardware and software) issues for PCs, Laptop and printers. Each individual case was unique and therefore there was no boredom of repetitious information. There was a constatnt source of learning. I most enjoyed the customer interaction and problem solving.
Pros
learnt about dell hardware, software and about printers.
Cons
late shifts
Dell On Call
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2012
The call times where great and a lot of knowledge that u cant learn from anywhere else was learned with Dell. A typical day in the office was talking to great people on the phones which added a lot to the job. The coworkers and management where excellent still have some friends from Dell. I learned how to navigate and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Pros
great rotation on shifts, sick leave pay, games room
Cons
software was constantly crashing, had to deal with old operationing systems like windows me, windows 95, 98