Dell Employee Reviews

Unhappy
Hardware Technician Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
The company moved it's call centre to another country due to the cost of hiring local workers. As such it placed a great deal of people out of work with very limited notice.
Paid poorly; treated poorly
Senior Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2017
Poor managers who had little care for anything other than meeting their own quotas. Employees treated like numbers not human beings. Benefits and leave were bare minimum allowable.
Professional work place
Senior Order Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
Dell sold personal computers (PCs), servers, data storage devices, network switches, software, computer peripherals, HDTVs, cameras, printers, MP3 players, and electronics built by other manufacturers. The company was well known for its innovations in supply chain management and electronic commerce, particularly its direct-sales model and its "build-to-order" or "configure to order" approach to manufacturing—delivering individual PCs configured to customer specifications.[6][7] Dell was a pure hardware vendor for much of its existence, but with the acquisition in 2009 of Perot Systems, Dell entered the market for IT services. The company has since made additional acquisitions in storage and networking systems, with the aim of expanding their portfolio from offering computers only to delivering complete solutions for enterprise customers
Really good work
Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eldorado do Sul, Brazil6 March 2017
I learned very useful things about applications, sales, teamwork.
Dell have a excellent workplace, everyone is very friendly.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the team!
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Without cons
Challenging yet fun
Channel PreSales (Current Employee) –  Toronto1 March 2017
Dell EMC is well positioned to capitalize on the latest trends in technology and the culture is build to support a modern work environment where goals are achieved rather than a set of tasks.
Great company to work for!
Bilingual Channel Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
I enjoyed my 5 years at Dell, I learned how to better manage my time and how to win!
My employment at Dell also thought me about creating cost efficient i.t. solutions for any environment.
Listen. Learn. Deliver.
Finance Leader / Finance Controller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2017
Dell empowers countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
excellent environmnet
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2017
excellent environment, reviews and bonuses. good training and management. worked with a lot of different people all over the world.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Good organisation with excellent management and enjoyable firm to work at.
Consultant VMware Engineer, System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2017
Dell EMC provide thorough training to its employee before they work on new technology. Travel expenses of the employees are very well covered.

I was very much satisfied with the way all the employees are treated at Dell EMC.
Productive workplace
Integrity engineer (Former Employee) –  EGYPT22 January 2017
Contractor company for oil and gas field services
Fast growing up company and get a lot projects in the gulf area
Organization widely increased to cover all the company's services
Great place to build your career and advance. Highly recomended.
Software Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
There's a lot to learn at Dell Canada. The people are friendly and helpful. Surely a great place to work if you can get a full time position.
Associate IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
Great place to work and also learned new technologies. Management helps us to get updated with latest technologies which is required for the current role.
High Stress postion.
Technical Support - Hardware Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 October 2016
This job was a very high stress, high pressure position. It entailed taking phone calls all day to help clients with an average call handle time of 7 mins per call where you had to solve the clients issue and move onto the next call. Documentation of a detailed log of the issue, actions taken and resolve and recording the call was also required to be finished within this time frame.
Pros
Games and Pool table on site.
Cons
Working under extreme pressure.
EMC Transitioning to Dell
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 October 2016
Did not technically work for Dell, but rather for EMC Corporation just prior to the transition. Many layoffs preceded the transition.

- Owned entire project lifecycle for installation EMC hardware/software products (forecasting, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure)
- Customers include private, public, financial, and health care organizations
- Maintained close relationships with internal stakeholders (sales, support, engineering) and facilitated upsale opportunities by building honest relationships with the customer
Work Hard and Play Hard
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
A good overall company to work for. Very demanding environment, excellent customer relationships and very knowledgeable employees. Very goal oriented and revenue driven.
Pros
Travel Paid
Cons
Long Hours
Computer Repair and customer service
Call Center/ Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2016
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues
Great company with very good benefit.
Technical Printer Warranty Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2016
Great company with very good benefit. Compensation a little lower and industry standard. Training provided to perform job was very good and professional. Dell allowed us to give preferential work hours.
Great management support, excellent pay, meritocracy
Tier Two CSR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2016
Best thing about working for Dell was the meritocracy culture. If you worked hard and performed well you and your team saw benefits such as prime shifts even if you were all freshly trained. If you sat back and rode your tenure you got the bad shifts.

Typical day at work was answering phones all day. Most calls were straightforward "My internet doesn't work, I have spyware, my X component is broken" but occasional there were challenging calls with unique issues.

Most co-workers got along well with the meritocracy culture. They knew that if they worked hard they would see the benefits and so people pulled together to make it happen.

My manager was excellent. I can't speak for others as I had the same one for my entire time there except right at the end. Probably the most unprofessional manager I've ever had.
Pros
Great pay, great schedule, meritocracy, good managers
Cons
?
Ethical and People focused Company
Ebusiness Advisor (Current Employee) –  Eldorado do Sul / Brazil1 June 2016
Company makes employees feel very nice, providing an ethical environment and high level colleagues. Allows you to create and drive your own career path. Has an open door culture, where you can reach out to Directors and Executives to talk about any topic.
Pros
Career, international experience, intelligent colleagues
Cons
Innovation, closed platforms
If your not into sales avoid
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2016
This job i can personally can work very well for those who enjoy the sales cultures and, talking with their clients on a day to bases for solutions in the computer world. If you are a curious person and want to try something new i would be careful about applying because it is very fast paced and entitles you to also finish your work on your laptop at home. If you love making deals and so on this is the job for you, but if your someone looking for a different direction and like to go into the office cubical life just be prepared for a fast paced environment and yes dell has an awesome atmosphere among colleagues, but that comes down to your adaptability or suitability to the environment. If you dont work with the culture of dell well then expect a lot of stress from the position. Either then that It is over all a good job for students out of school seeking for work and so on.
Pros
Great Culture among colleagues
Cons
Work comes with you to home, may surprise you for what you signed up for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.