Dell Employee Reviews

A place where I grew my experience and learned from a world class organization!
SR. SALES MANAGER, SMB (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
A place where I grew my experience and learned from a world class organization!

- Great training program
- A strong brand that made selling easier!
- Senior management is strong
Pros
Great training program
Cons
Senior manager circle is closed
it was good while it lasted
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON8 November 2017
This was a great place to work we were one of the best rated service departments in the company and unfortunately a new VP was hired and moved all the jobs overseas.
Great People / Great Management
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 November 2017
Typical day involved working on multiple releases of NetWorker looking for bugs. Team based environment where we all work together for a common goal.
Pros
Fruit and breakfast
Cons
Sometimes long hours to finish tasks
EMC gobbled up and changed
Web Experience, Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2017
Hard to recognize the same old EMC. Dell has a different culture and approach. Not necessarily bad, but takes a certain type of fit. Being private also has that double edge.
I learned a lot
Technical Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 September 2017
It was a typical call center but as a manager, I learned a lot about leadership and team management. There were a lot of in-class sessions led by industry consultants and SMEs. I quite enjoyed my time there.
Innovator
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2017
Working at Dell has been amazing so far, the company vision for the IT industry overall it impressive and the fact that they've not only managed to stay relevant within an industry that is constantly changing, they are growing and with that comes market share from their competitors. With the new EMC merger they've set themselves up to me a major player within this industry.
Interesting work
Senior Technical Writer/Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2017
Worked for three years on a new hardware project. Scrum teams worked in two week sprints using Lean Agile methodology. I enjoyed the work and learning new skills.
can't really comment because worked there as intern and contract worker.
Accounting/Senior Analyst (Internship, Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
I can't really comment because worked there as intern and contract worker. Only worked as summer intern, and then again as a contract worker several years later.
Good company
Customer Support and Dispatch Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2017
It was a good company while working there. Good people and benefits. Great discounts on Dell hardware while working there.

Good Holidays and work hours.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No commitment to keep Jobs in Canada
Fun job when the phones were ringing with customers.
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2017
I worked at Dell in 1999. It was very busy selling computers on the phone thanks to the fear of Y2K. After New Years 2000 people realized that the world wasn't going to end and the sales floor went from 150 people to 20. There were no calls. There was a base salary if you made your quota. But this proved difficult when there weren't a lot of calls. I just couldn't afford to work there anymore. It may have changed now.
Pros
Fun, exciting and good money when it's busy
Cons
Boiler room environment.

Want to know more about Dell?

Ask a question
not too much open and truthful communication
Sr. Advisor - Systems Integration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
Management hardly advrkers of what goings on in terms of of what will affect employment etc. did not get any opportunity for career improvement, manager very secretive about company direction
diversity
RenewalsSales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ireland6 June 2017
Great team work ; open minded managers ; within my 10-year experience, lots of progress in work/life balance ; possibility to work from home when needed ; lots of stress (sales position)
Corporate Environment
Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
A typical day of work at Dell / EMC for me started at home and travelling from site to site repairing, installing and troubleshooting, storage hardware and SAN infrastructure. I learned how to troubleshoot nearly every EMC product, how to maintain high availability and how to communicate effectively with customers. The workplace culture was mostly older generation of IT personal and the hardest part of the job were the extreme hours and long nights driving far distances. Enjoyable parts of the job were few and far between, most of the satisfaction I gained was from amber lights turning green when the hardware problems were resolved.
great place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 May 2017
Dell is a great place to work and used to have great work life balance....the culture has changed and bit but it is not all that bad. Money is fair and the people that work there are fairly good people.
Pivotal is a great place for an internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
I worked at Pivtoal for 8 months. General culture of the company is very friendly and there are a lot of opportunities to get to know different parts of the industry if you choose to do so.

Must be said, my perspective is a non-technical perspective and developers might have a different opinion but for marketing/operations Pivotal is a great place to start.
no leadership
Services solution Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
to much politics, Managers no leaders, no support, no support for multi cultural, none stop work, and you are at your own,
salaries are excellent. I hope after the acquisition with EMC the real change will happen to this good organization
Unhappy
Hardware Technician Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
The company moved it's call centre to another country due to the cost of hiring local workers. As such it placed a great deal of people out of work with very limited notice.
Paid poorly; treated poorly
Senior Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 March 2017
Poor managers who had little care for anything other than meeting their own quotas. Employees treated like numbers not human beings. Benefits and leave were bare minimum allowable.
Professional work place
Senior Order Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
Dell sold personal computers (PCs), servers, data storage devices, network switches, software, computer peripherals, HDTVs, cameras, printers, MP3 players, and electronics built by other manufacturers. The company was well known for its innovations in supply chain management and electronic commerce, particularly its direct-sales model and its "build-to-order" or "configure to order" approach to manufacturing—delivering individual PCs configured to customer specifications.[6][7] Dell was a pure hardware vendor for much of its existence, but with the acquisition in 2009 of Perot Systems, Dell entered the market for IT services. The company has since made additional acquisitions in storage and networking systems, with the aim of expanding their portfolio from offering computers only to delivering complete solutions for enterprise customers
Really good work
Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eldorado do Sul, Brazil6 March 2017
I learned very useful things about applications, sales, teamwork.
Dell have a excellent workplace, everyone is very friendly.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the team!
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Without cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.