Delaware Power Systems (DPS) is a fast growing hi-tech company of interdisciplinary technologies, specializing in lithium Battery Management System (BMS) design and control integration technologies for hybrid and electric vehicles. Currently DPS has an office in Canada, a sales office in Europe, and a sales office and production facility in China.
DPS has developed and is currently commercializing a scalable lithium battery system, applicable to any type of electric vehicle. Each battery has a built-in intelligent management system and serves as the basic building block of a battery pack. DPS not only provides the battery, but also builds the final battery pack and provides engineering services to help customers to integrate the battery pack into their vehicles. DPS also provides assistance with the motor controller configuration and specialized chargers to optimize the overall drive system.
This “vehicle-integration-ready” approach shortens the development and integration time and considerably lowers the cost for the vehicle builders and operators, enabling DPS to add unique value to the growth of this emerging industry.
Industry: Clean Energy
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Report to: Director of Product Development
DPS is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Electrical Design Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary engineering team. DPS designs and delivers a turn-key lithium-ion battery-based solution for all kinds of electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
The Electrical Design Engineer will be part of the engineering team designing new products and solutions as well as maintaining existing products.
- You will be expected to take project level ownership and responsibility.
- Feasibility studies and simulations, as required, to assess the technical and economic viability of new product concepts.
- Interface to the product management team and customers to gather requirements and create product specifications and develop detailed engineering specifications for BMS.
- Design, prototype, evaluate, and document electronic systems used in EV and ESS with an emphasis on production standard (DFM).
- Design, document, release drawings and update cable and harness assemblies of battery pack, to include parts selection and creation of wiring to-from diagrams, assembly notes and bill of materials.
- Interface with and assist test engineering and manufacturing engineering to verify compliance of product to mandated safety and conformance, customer, and DPS requirements.
- Identify and resolve electronic/electrical issues of the products. Conduct design previews and reviews, and participate or lead DFMEA reviews.
- Provide technical support to customers and production in a timely, efficient manner.
Education and experiences required:
- BSc or advanced degree in electronic/electrical engineering
- 5+ years hands-on experience in related fields of analog, digital, power and high frequency circuit design, demonstrated expertise in these fields, including noise issues, power handling on PC boards, isolation, PCB thermal analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with power semiconductors, microprocessors, DC-DC power supplies, communication circuits and EMC design is required.
- Experience in taking products from concept to production is required.
- Experience with power systems exceeding 600VDC is an asset
- Good understanding of product development cycle and methodologies
- Experience in the automotive industry, especially electric and hybrid electric vehicle industry and knowledge in Li-ion battery management systems is an asset
- A strong team player with high integrity
- Self starter and able to work independently
- Conscientious and highly self-motivated
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Give great attention to details
- Fully goal oriented with respect to project schedule commitments
- Excellent communicator
- The role requires a reasonable level of travels to China