Delaware North Companies

cleaning
dealing with the customers
Fun and amazing pay job
Cashier/ stock clerk (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch and see games
This is the job when you need the extra cash and fill your time knowing very warm people.
Day-to-day
Staff Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Evaluate corporate and unit control environments though risk assessments and control effectiveness testing.

Perform specialized investigations tailored toward preventing and detecting fraud and operational breakdowns.

Collaborate with team members to create and maintain programs to enhance company operations and efficiencies.
Productive and fast-pace workplace
food and beverage attendant in Two Brews outlet (Current Employee), PerthSeptember 2, 2014
a typical day at work: One day afternoon, due to the serious power off at domestic airport, most of the shops had to close whilst our outlet still continue to open. Although bearing the difficulty, the sales result was not bad due to our efforts.
what I learned:coffee making skills,serving alcohol skills, communication skills, customer service skills – more... and so on. – less
flexible hours, good pay
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 30, 2014
Working for Delaware North Companies was not bad at all, this was my first job and I was vary grateful for it. Being that I was still in high school they provided flexible hours and the management was great. my job duties consisted of being a food server, cashier, and maintenance.
Fun, happy environment with wonderful coworkers!
Server (Current Employee), Romulus, MIAugust 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working at the airport is being able to meet new people from around the world. Not to mention working with some of the greatest people in Michigan!
Wonderful opportunities
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER, SPHR (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2014
A wonderful place to work where each day is different and you are able to grow your career. There are so many opportunities and the environment is fun, yet professional. The challenges are recruiting a seasonal workforce and the training of that staff. The most enjoyable part is working with a variety of people and also being able to offer exceptional – more... guest service. – less
Great place with great people.
IT Administrator (Current Employee), New Boston, MIJuly 31, 2014
Pros: we get free lunch everyday that we work
Cons: i really don't have any cons.
Every day is a new day here at Delaware North. We have a great & friendly staff (Team) here. We get plenty of walking and chances to meet famous people at the airport.
Busy yet fun workplace
Retail assistant/ Cashier (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 31, 2014
A typical day at work was full of energy and plenty of things to do. I learned that time management is essential in achieving customer satisfaction. I got along with my co-workers very well as I possess good interpersonal skills and I have a friendly nature.
Duties as an HR Generalist
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 29, 2014
1. DEVELOP EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIPS- Approachable; reliable; caring; trustworthy, partner with
colleagues, management and executives alike; mentor & coach

2. COMPLIANCE INTERPRETATION- as it relates to company policies & procedures; federal; state and
everything else that relates to employment matters; paperwork administration

3. RECRUITING- analyze – more... staffing needs; initial interviews; training where applicable; on-boarding/ new hire orientations; reviews

4. BUDGET ANALYSIS- tracking; process streamlining; tax equalization (payment & collection)

5. EMPLOYEE RELATIONS- conducted investigations; consultation; building relationships

6. INTER-DEPARTMENT COLLABORATION – salary planning and compensation; payroll, accounts
payable; tax departments; employment tracking; feedback

7. BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION- interpret medical; FMLA, ADA as related to needs, leaves; absences &
disabilities

8. COMMUNICATION- keep management & employees informed of new and changing

9. PROJECTS- acted as lead; performed ad hoc projects related to HR tasks

10. EXIT INTERVIEWS- interpret the results of the information gathered – less
productive and good environment
Bar Staff (Former Employee), LondonJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Overall working at Arsenal for the company was a good opportunity for me to see the match on the break we had, to prepare for the drinks that the members can get at half time. the work environment was excellent as everyone got on well with one another, in each section you work in a team. the hardest part of the job was clearing everything up and stocking – more... everything back in its right place. checking how much drinks we sold and how much we made that day. – less
Bush Airport Account is not well run
Dept. Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
No work life balance for managers at all you are constantly asked to work back to back shifts (close one day open the next). You have vacations and holidays but are never allowed to use them its never the right time always too busy. Be prepared to work all nights with no weekends off ever and work every major holiday new managers get abused
Productive and fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee), Romulus, MIJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good pay and ability to work on my own
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work would be opening and closing 6(food and beverage stores)located in the Detroit Metro Airport. I've learned to be a leader, teacher, learner, and great team player. Management was great we worked great together and helped each other. My co-workers was the best never complained and always relied on me. The hardest part of the job – more... was working at 4:30am. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a leader. – less
Review on Delaware North Companies
Waitress (Former Employee), Wyoming, United States of AmericaJuly 9, 2014
A typical day would consist of giving high levels of customer service which enabled my customers to be able to enjoy their experience within the general store. Getting to know customers and where they're from was also part of a typical day.

I learnt to use my customer service knowledge and put it into practice everyday

Co-workers from all around the – more... world so it was a great experience getting to know about their country and culture.

Complaints were hard to deal with

Seeing the customers enjoying the food, drink and overall experience – less
productive
Cashier/cook (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2014
good place to work..
fun. learned a lot
,, met new pp
<Excellent communication, spelling, and grammar skills
<Ability to follow oral and written instructions
<Ability to work independent professional timely manner
<Exceptional at following company policies and procedures
<Maintain appropriate professional relations and behaviors
It's a job
Commissary Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2014
Days may be fast or slow, but you learn to stay organized with the inventory. Co-workers are fine. It can get stressful if it is too busy just like at any job.
Ever Changing policies
Store Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: no holidays off, layoff periods, poor management, little room for promotion.
One day, they want you to do something, you do it, once the director says she hates it, your GM makes you take the ownership of their bad idea. if they want to fire someone because they dont like them, they'll change a policy to technically get the person fired.
learned good quality customer service
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long enough breaks and good management
working at this company mad my conversation expand with better customer service
Life At Work
Cashier, Team Lead, Barista (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free meals, and getting to meet new people everyday
Cons: not a long enough break
a typical day at work consist of training new employees, being a team lead and keeping my team together. I cashier and I'm also a barista. The Management can be improved. Coworker tend to fall off but I'm always there to back them up if need be. Hardest part of my job is dealing with rude customers but I always find a way to keep a smile on my face – more... and not let it bother me, and the most enjoyable part of my job is when I get good feedback from customers on how well things are going. – less
fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: free 9.00 meals daily
Cons: was only able to use meal cards on break
working at Delaware North Companies was a great experience. I would meet plenty of celebrities flying in. I became an expert with team work and having great customer service skills. My co workers were awesome and me being able to bid and move around to different terminals and restaurant, I was able to meet and work with different personalities.

About Delaware North Companies

A global leader in hospitality and food service, Delaware North Companies, Inc. is one of the largest privately held companies – Read more

Delaware North Companies Photos