Del Monte Foods Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun place to work
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Philippines19 May 2017
fun to work enjoy working with other drivers . Good management good benefits learned to know the products. Driving to different places and meet new friends new people. Great staff
Pros
Bonus
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 March 2017
A typical day at work includes gearing up due to the fact that the production floor is cold, so to stay warm you would want to layer up. You wear the uniform as goes as well as what you wear underneath .You get placed on a line and follow instructions. I've learned a lot working there, including knife handling skills and learning how to work more fast paced. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to connect with everyone you work with and build new friendships, which I've done.
Pros
Breaks every 2-3 hours
Cons
It's cold
Very cold fast paced and friendly work environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 March 2017
Although task rotation should have been incorporated, the job was extremely simple and straightforward. A typical day involved cutting, packaging and weighing different types of fruit. I learned how to safely use a knife in a fast paced production line facility. Both Human Resources and Management were always extremely amiable and seemed to have no issue listening to subordinate's feedback and incorporating said feedback into the workings of the company.
Pros
cool environment, friendly staff
Cons
unsteady hours, health problems developed after leaving employment
Cold and damp
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 December 2016
Your work hour depends on the quantity of the orders you are producing. I have learned to work on a very fast-paced environment. The management is fine and my manager as well as the supervisor is friendly and helpful.
Pros
Cons
short hours
productive
Loader (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 December 2016
the work experience was quite convincing. We'd start by loading the desired products into the lines where it gets cut and packed. the supervisors were pretty flexible in terms of picking our shifts and taking the breaks. I also got along with all my coworkers which made it easier for me to go through the day.
Musician,Sports and reading a books
Laboratory Aide (Current Employee) –  Bugo, Cagayan de oro City phils.29 June 2016
I'm playing drums,bass guitar,guitar and vocals.
playing basketball and billiards.

i work in del monte phils. since 2007 as a (VLP) voluntary labor pool
position: piler,stocker,feeder and packing.
i was choosen one of the trainees as a machine operator/process technician for the Glass and plasticup lines and also the 115g S.U.P stand up pouch a hyewon machine came from korea.
then my latest job right now is a lab aide from R&D Dept. Research & Development also from DMPI Company.
Pros
Day off
Cons
It is very hard and stressed job
quality assurance (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 November 2015
Main reason is too much cold working environment. I have to stand and work 8 to 9 hours everyday in very cold environment. Pay is not good but our QA staff is very supportive and enjoyable.
very cold
Staff Management (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 July 2015
I learned a lot about Warehouse work. I enjoyed the job I just didn't like the cold. A typical day at work was cutting fruit and packaging it. Management were good people to work for,
Good Experience
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 February 2015
It was only 2 weeks contract but I loved it. It was super cold inside but I loved it. People were nice and easy work but have to work at fast pace. Always got work done on time.
Productive and fulfilling job
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Camp Phillips, Bukidnon5 August 2014
Teaching high school students how to propagate plants was so fulfilling especially if youve seen them making their own gardens of fruit tree nurseries and flower gardens even before the training ends. With that, I realized I have the ability to start up my own business too. Del Monte management had good program for their worker's families and children who dont want to proceed to college and wanted a livelihood business. It was rewarding to know that I was an instrument for their success. Nowadays, there are existing nurseries of flowers and fruit trees in their entire area, and I believe they are my students before in that one summer of 2000.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
short training
Well Manage Company
OJT (Former Employee) –  Manolo Fortich, Philippines17 January 2013
a nice company,,working around 6-8 hours a day in the pineapple fields,
Cons
8 hours a day
Good company to work for
Operating Engineer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dresden, ON26 March 2012
Co-works are very friendly; supervisor is very good; people help each other.