DEL Equipment is Canada’s Premier Truck Body Upfitter. DEL engineers, designs, and manufactures truck body and equipment solutions. DEL has been serving the Canadian market for over 65 years and delivers “Toughness you can trust™”. DEL has a broad and diverse customer base including municipalities, truck dealerships, national fleet accounts and business operators who want a superior experience when getting their vehicles up-fitted with quality truck bodies and truck equipment. We pride ourselves on consistently high levels of product quality, service and lasting customer relationships.
We have an opportunity for a high integrity, customer-centric, proven Purchasing Manager to join our Toronto team and lead our procurement efforts. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for increasing our competitive advantage procuring truck body equipment, material, and components and your extensive supplier relationships in the market. For the right candidate, there is an opportunity to manage the Company’s national supply chain for capital equipment inventory.
If you are passionate about truck building and providing superior service with our trucking equipment customers, DEL would like to hear from you!
Purchasing Manager – Toronto (Leaside)
The Purchasing Manager must strive to lower the input costs associated with the manufacturing and installation of truck bodies while ensuring materials and components are delivered on time. You will investigate new suppliers, manage the existing supply chain, and never compromise the quality our customers have come to expect. Your attention to detail will maximize our competitive presence and enable DEL to continue to be Canada’s Premier Truck Body Upfitter. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will work closely with the Service Manager, Sales Representatives and other members of the DEL team.
- Lead the procurement requirements of the Toronto manufacturing and truck upfitting business operations
- Qualifies and approves vendors, performs competitive bid analysis and negotiates supply agreements
- Manages supplier performance related to quality, cost and delivery
- Responsible for Canada/US transportation/logistics negotiations and managing of performance for on-time delivery
- Manages the procurement of materials, inventory control, and logistics which includes planning, implementing and maintaining costs
- Implement sufficient and appropriate controls over inventory including ERP systems and processes
- Lead physical count and reconciliation processes including cycle counts
- Work with the plant in order to provide all information on Inventory on hand
- Monitors the physical inventory to maximize accuracy of inventory values
- Manage inventories to target levels, track supplier performance for both cost reductions and on time deliveries, and surpass a 5% cost reduction per annum
- Maintain all records of outdated or aged stock
- Identify, develop and leverage strategic partnership initiatives
- Potentially lead purchasing on the National Level with key suppliers
- Develop and maintain positive and effective collaborative relationships with internal and external customers and colleagues
- Reporting to the Senior Management team the progress of work, materials used and other information
- Directs and monitors activities for cost effective operation and continuous improvement
- Participate in safe work and environmentally sound behaviours and objectives at all times in support of DEL’s Health and Safety Policy and best practices
- Creates and communicates various management reporting metrics
- Assists with the RFQ process to support company bids and proposals
- 3 year College/University graduate in business or related field
- Minimum 7 to 8 years’ experience in a materials management role within a demanding and fast-paced manufacturing environment, with experience in ISO 9000, LEAN and JIT an asset
- 3 to 4 years supervisory/management experience
- PMAC/APICS accreditation preferred
- Experience with integrated inventory and ERP software systems
- Familiar with NAFTA, Canada Customs requirements
- Strong leadership, coaching, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Office
DEL offers a challenging, innovative, fast-moving environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive overall compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and a safe and respectful workplace.
To apply, please send your resume indicating why you think you would be a great fit for the role.
Creating Strength Through People! www.delequipment.com
Indeed - 4 months ago
DEL Equipment is Canada’s Premier Truck Body Upfitter. DEL engineers, designs, and manufactures truck body and equipment solutions....