Deja Vu Employee Reviews

Intersting working place for open minded people.
Barman/Serveur (Former Employee) –  Valencia, Spain11 September 2017
Swing bar "Deja vu" intercambio des parejas, this is the complete name.It show it was intersting bar, where couples come to meet with another open-minded couple and to find their satisfaction.
Fun workplace
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peacehaven, East Sussex29 August 2017
A typical day at deja vu I would come in and I would get all the plates ready and the cups. Make sure there is enough cutlery on the tablets then u would start to greet people and then I would show them to there table and ask what they would like to order.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun place to work, contract is a mess though
Waitress/Entertainer (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CA21 July 2017
I loved working there, it was so fun. The contract for an independent contract was too much and too many fees and charges. You shouldn't have to pay to work or pay to go home early if you're not feeling well.
can make alot of money but this industry can drain you quickly
Entertainer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CA16 July 2017
During the day we dont have alot of customers but that doesnt mean your not making $. If you work during the day your gonna need some regulars or it will be a struggle if you dont. Everyone i work with is pretty close and we have alot of fun working here. I love everyone i work with even with all the daily drama going on. You need to be able to talk to people and deal with all types of people to survive here , cant be timid or shy. the hardest part is the $ not being consistent.
Pros
can cash out
Cons
can make nothing
Amazing people too work with
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Newtownards, County Down7 July 2017
I only did a weeks work experience there but i found it really good for picking up telephone skills. Being around people making them comfortable bringibg them coffee etc it was great!!
Pros
Free hair dye
Fun atmosphere
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CA16 June 2017
You can definitely make a lot of money working in this sort of an environment. As long as you're used to a fast paced environment, you'll do great! There's always music and people to talk to!
good place to work
Bartender/ Waitress/ Cover manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO23 May 2017
nice staff, really high turn over rate, if you want to be a bartender or waitress, you will be pressured into dancing. you wont work longer than 6 months if you don't accept being a dancer.
fun work place
Floor person (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OR12 May 2017
DeJa Vu is a fun but fast paced work environment. sometimes the hours are long but if you are just starting out they will minimize your hours. they also can work around many different schedules.
Nice environment!
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK7 March 2017
Very relaxed and up beat place and very friendly place to be apart of! I love knowing everyday is something new and exciting and how I can make another persons day and give back and get paid!
night club, fast pace
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 February 2017
serve customers, give them a great experience and keep everything clean and tidy.
It is very fast pace and upbeat but a great and fun experience. The hardest part about this job is the late hours. The most enjoyable is meeting tons of new people and listening to great music.
Fun environment great place to be !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington Park, IL16 November 2016
All in all it's a wonderful place when everything works right. And it's always fun to be the life of the party. Everybody wants to know you and you have an answer for everyone. The party must go on and you're the one that makes it happen. Not without trying from upper management or even the establishments management. In today's day and age of millennial's and entitlement quality employees are hard to fine. Which is probably the only struggle for this company.
Pros
Great upper management, and management team.
Cons
Long hours and not enough staff.
Loved the enviornment!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI7 November 2016
When I first applied to Deja Vu I missed judged a lot of people that had been in a place like that, but all the ladies there are working for the same reason as I am. To support their family and/or themselves. I had fun working here and will forever enjoy my experience!
Pros
Free drinks, great tips.
Cons
Shoulder hurt from carrying trays.
fun, laid back workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jarrow24 September 2016
when I get to work I would polish around the shop and manage the Deja vu Facebook account and answer anybody's queries they had about furniture or clothes. I gained lots of retail experience and communication skills and my manager and co-workers and manager were very helpful to me throughout my time there. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people pick out furniture and clothes that suit them as I like helping people.
Pros
discount on some stock
Cons
sometimes not enough customers so no work
good work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lake City, WA23 September 2016
I worked 8pm-3am. Greeted and got drinks and change for customers. Sold ladies drinks. Management was great and helpful. Co workers were friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Always had a good time and worked with great people.
Waitress and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY15 August 2016
I always had a great time at work. I also made great money. I got to meet people from everywhere and a couple famous ones. The staff was like it's own little family. We were all close.
Pros
Free drinks and music.
Cons
Always worked weekend nights.
What an experience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY16 July 2016
I worked here because I saw my friend bringing home LARGE sums of money and only being a waitress. So ofcourse, I started working there. Even without being a stripper, I had new regulars every night. So many would come in just to see me and tip me. You have to be careful not to give them your number, and if you do, DO NOT HANG OUT WITH THEM. You never know with the customers that come in.
That being said, I met some amazing and cool men there that had such interesting stories. (during the summer it was mainly older guys)

NOW, my club was in Lexington and next to University of Kentucky. So when school was in, wow. SO many frat guys. College guys don't tip as much but they're more fun.
As a waitress, I loved getting to flirt and get money for it. The job was never boring, always a party. I honestly didn't get touched much by random customers. They can be rude but hardly ever to me.
WARNING: there CAN be a massive amount of drama between the waitresses and girls. As the waitress you'll have to be in the middle of two strippers that hate each other.
I actually started dating a guy that came in for me and one of the strippers HATED that because they went to school together. Keeping up with everyone's' regulars and keeping your hands off is difficult to keep in check.

DRINK SALES: My job did depend on this. Its how the club made money. I always on the weekends sold around 60-100 drinks. Me and my roommate who is also a waitress had so much fun selling drinks and getting tipped and running around. Drinks are easy to sell once you get the hang of it. After a about 30
  more... days of working, I could sell a drink to ANYONE. It just takes a lot of practice and messing up your words and embarrassment!

PAY: We made minimum wage and I claimed 0 on tips and they always allocated about 20-40 a paycheck.
The least I ever made a night was $34 on top of my minimum wage. Shifts are long but since i'm in school, the hours fits perfectly. I was able to have full range of my school schedule and work at night. sleeping is hard to figure out at first but it become normal.
Weekends I never made less than $100. (the one in lex, you make $1 off of each drink automatically)
I made about $800 a week total with paycheck and tips combined after taxes. The least I ever made was $450 and its because I didn't work the weekend.

In the 5 months I worked there I made a total of about $13000.

Customers are stupid with their money. I've made $60 off of bringing a guy a coke twice.

I've made 3 100 tips, and I made $460 in ONE night. I loved working here. Not all of employees were great, so much drama, but just stay above it and focus on your job.
The strippers tipped us out at the end of the night and I usually made $80-150 off of them at the end of the night.

The money relies heavily on how hard you are willing to work.
Pros
You can eat on the clock. easy going as long as you do all of the walk arounds. GREAT money
Cons
Rude and drunk customers, some creepy guys, Drama
fun to work with different types of people.
Bar Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA9 November 2015
a typical day is very business its a well established lounge with a lot of different type of customers. Ive learned so much working in this establishment but it is by far one of the best experiences. My co workers are fun they. the hardest part of the job is handling intoxicated people they are the most difficult people to deal with. The most enjoyable part is seeing the customers enjoy themselves.
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Aguada, PR4 September 2015
Working in Deja Vu was fun!
Friendly and nice place.
I met famous people that would perform there.
My co-workers were amazing, nice, friendly and always had time to help when you needed it.
When i git there it was hard cause i didn't know much, like how to work with an ATM machine or such things but i learned everything pretty fast.
Meeting and talking to people, famous people, etc.
Fun and friendly work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Spain2 July 2015
This was a fun, exciting place to work. Everyone was very friendly and I made a lot of friends. All of the customers were nice and helpful when first starting and the staff also.
Productive Cajun Restaurant NOLA style
Server/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN26 March 2015
Greeted customers, Answered questions regarding menu items and specials, Obtained customers orders and placed them with the cook(s), Processed credit/debit payments, Obtained cash payments, Provided outstanding customer service