Deja Vu Employee Reviews

What an experience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 16, 2016
I worked here because I saw my friend bringing home LARGE sums of money and only being a waitress. So ofcourse, I started working there. Even without being a stripper, I had new regulars every night. So many would come in just to see me and tip me. You have to be careful not to give them your number, and if you do, DO NOT HANG OUT WITH THEM. You never know with the customers that come in.
That being said, I met some amazing and cool men there that had such interesting stories. (during the summer it was mainly older guys)

NOW, my club was in Lexington and next to University of Kentucky. So when school was in, wow. SO many frat guys. College guys don't tip as much but they're more fun.
As a waitress, I loved getting to flirt and get money for it. The job was never boring, always a party. I honestly didn't get touched much by random customers. They can be rude but hardly ever to me.
WARNING: there CAN be a massive amount of drama between the waitresses and girls. As the waitress you'll have to be in the middle of two strippers that hate each other.
I actually started dating a guy that came in for me and one of the strippers HATED that because they went to school together. Keeping up with everyone's' regulars and keeping your hands off is difficult to keep in check.

DRINK SALES: My job did depend on this. Its how the club made money. I always on the weekends sold around 60-100 drinks. Me and my roommate who is also a waitress had so much fun selling drinks and getting tipped and running around. Drinks are easy to sell once you get the hang of it. After a about 30
  more... days of working, I could sell a drink to ANYONE. It just takes a lot of practice and messing up your words and embarrassment!

PAY: We made minimum wage and I claimed 0 on tips and they always allocated about 20-40 a paycheck.
The least I ever made a night was $34 on top of my minimum wage. Shifts are long but since i'm in school, the hours fits perfectly. I was able to have full range of my school schedule and work at night. sleeping is hard to figure out at first but it become normal.
Weekends I never made less than $100. (the one in lex, you make $1 off of each drink automatically)
I made about $800 a week total with paycheck and tips combined after taxes. The least I ever made was $450 and its because I didn't work the weekend.

In the 5 months I worked there I made a total of about $13000.

Customers are stupid with their money. I've made $60 off of bringing a guy a coke twice.

I've made 3 100 tips, and I made $460 in ONE night. I loved working here. Not all of employees were great, so much drama, but just stay above it and focus on your job.
The strippers tipped us out at the end of the night and I usually made $80-150 off of them at the end of the night.

The money relies heavily on how hard you are willing to work.
Pros
You can eat on the clock. easy going as long as you do all of the walk arounds. GREAT money
Cons
Rude and drunk customers, some creepy guys, DRAMA
fun to work with different types of people.
Bar Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 9, 2015
a typical day is very business its a well established lounge with a lot of different type of customers. Ive learned so much working in this establishment but it is by far one of the best experiences. My co workers are fun they. the hardest part of the job is handling intoxicated people they are the most difficult people to deal with. The most enjoyable part is seeing the customers enjoy themselves.
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Aguada, PRSeptember 4, 2015
Working in Deja Vu was fun!
Friendly and nice place.
I met famous people that would perform there.
My co-workers were amazing, nice, friendly and always had time to help when you needed it.
When i git there it was hard cause i didn't know much, like how to work with an ATM machine or such things but i learned everything pretty fast.
Meeting and talking to people, famous people, etc.
Fun and friendly work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  SpainJuly 2, 2015
This was a fun, exciting place to work. Everyone was very friendly and I made a lot of friends. All of the customers were nice and helpful when first starting and the staff also.
Productive Cajun Restaurant NOLA style
Server/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2015
Greeted customers, Answered questions regarding menu items and specials, Obtained customers orders and placed them with the cook(s), Processed credit/debit payments, Obtained cash payments, Provided outstanding customer service
fun loving exiting for voyeuristic entertainment
doorman/usher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 3, 2015
A positive team structure uplifting an always up to par.Going out an passing out discount passes working at register meeting new people an experiencing a upward managing enviroment
Pros
benevolently fun an loving
Never really a dull moment.
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 7, 2015
I learned to deal with all types of people. My co-workers were fun and entertaining. The hardest part of my job was dealing with everyday drama. The most enjoyable part was working with friends every night and making good money.
Pros
all my friends worked there, the money was good.
Cons
drama, slow days, rude customers.
Great customer service
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 6, 2014
This place was all about hospitality. Learned alot from working door/ security. To Board marker/ assassinate floor Mgr
Interesting and Challenging yet enriching
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 27, 2014
Deja Vu is of course a different environment especially to be a manager but it was a great learning experience. A typical day was full of settling disputes between both customers and employees and making sure people are doing their job to its fullest extent. Management I found was un-professional and was over-run with ut of control men in a woman's industry. The hardest part of the job was the constant lack of support from other management and their lack of concern for the company they worked for. The most enjoyable part was meeting the vast array of people and learning to see things from a different perspective.
Pros
flexible schedule, nice pay, relaxed environment
Cons
un-professional and harassing management, lack of support for employees and independent contractors
Was initially a great opportunity.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, ENGOctober 1, 2014
The customers were mostly elderly and could prove quite challenging, but the job itself was very rewarding.
fun environment, easy going
Waitress/bartender (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 1, 2014
my time and experiences at deja vu were mostly great memories and friends I had made there
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
bad days/ night
Fun place to work
Director CSR (Former Employee) –  Lomita CAJune 23, 2014
Great place to work, all employees are down to earth and helpful!
fun productive fast pace work
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 29, 2014
we had a goal to beat every night it felt like family working at deja vu i loved going to work i enjoyed doing stage maintenance with girls m management made me feel safe.
Pros
sometime have bbq
Cons
hate shot breaks
Fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2014
Very fun atmosphere. I enjoyed making my own schedule and hours. It was a very free job.
Pros
open work schedule
Cons
not always accepted as a workplace
Work which help to improve interpersonal skills
Consultant of Call Center (Current Employee) –  CracowJanuary 13, 2014
My typical day at work begins to verify the effectiveness of work. Then i start to make phone calls to people, to arrange an appoitment at a language school.
I learned a lot of useful things in life, such as negotiation skills, improve interpersonal skills, excellent selection of counterarguments. My coordinator is great person, who always helps me, when i need it. But the best thing is that he makes very professional trainings, which helps me to constantly improve. The hardest part of my job is the thing that its boring sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job are trainings and great results at work.
Pros
trainings, good working atmosphere
Cons
monotony
Fun place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 29, 2013
Fun place to work. Pay and benefits are terrible. High job security.
Pros
fun work environment, flexible scedule
Cons
terrible pay, job drama
Fun workplace
Drink Waitress (Former Employee) –  Seattle WAOctober 17, 2013
energetic and fun environment helping out dancers get drinks to customers. Daily activites would include bussing empty drink cups and refilling customer orders. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with large volume of customers most enjoyable part was the easy nature of the job.
Very fun and exciting place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 14, 2013
A great place to learn the ins and outs of the bar and night club business. It is a very high volume company. The company does offer a variety of management and bartending seminars for employees.
Pros
fun atmosphere good pay and benefits.
Cons
very long hours
Fun place to work
Server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSFebruary 25, 2013
Working in a fast pace enviroment, live music and great food.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
There was no gray area, you were either good for this job or yyou were not.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 12, 2013
The most enjoy able part of the job was the majority of the girls I met there, they were totally fun to be around. A typical day at work would require trying to sell as many ladies drinks as possible because If you couldn't you got fired. I learned I do not work well under the pressure that I have to sell something, my job depended on it.

4.2