Deja Vu Employee Reviews

Fun environment great place to be !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington Park, IL16 November 2016
All in all it's a wonderful place when everything works right. And it's always fun to be the life of the party. Everybody wants to know you and you have an answer for everyone. The party must go on and you're the one that makes it happen. Not without trying from upper management or even the establishments management. In today's day and age of millennial's and entitlement quality employees are hard to fine. Which is probably the only struggle for this company.
Pros
Great upper management, and management team.
Cons
Long hours and not enough staff.
night club, fast pace
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN6 February 2017
serve customers, give them a great experience and keep everything clean and tidy.
It is very fast pace and upbeat but a great and fun experience. The hardest part about this job is the late hours. The most enjoyable is meeting tons of new people and listening to great music.
Loved the enviornment!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI7 November 2016
When I first applied to Deja Vu I missed judged a lot of people that had been in a place like that, but all the ladies there are working for the same reason as I am. To support their family and/or themselves. I had fun working here and will forever enjoy my experience!
Pros
Free drinks, great tips.
Cons
Shoulder hurt from carrying trays.
fun, laid back workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jarrow24 September 2016
when I get to work I would polish around the shop and manage the Deja vu Facebook account and answer anybody's queries they had about furniture or clothes. I gained lots of retail experience and communication skills and my manager and co-workers and manager were very helpful to me throughout my time there. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people pick out furniture and clothes that suit them as I like helping people.
Pros
discount on some stock
Cons
sometimes not enough customers so no work
good work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lake City, WA23 September 2016
I worked 8pm-3am. Greeted and got drinks and change for customers. Sold ladies drinks. Management was great and helpful. Co workers were friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Always had a good time and worked with great people.
Waitress and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY15 August 2016
I always had a great time at work. I also made great money. I got to meet people from everywhere and a couple famous ones. The staff was like it's own little family. We were all close.
Pros
Free drinks and music.
Cons
Always worked weekend nights.
fun to work with different types of people.
Bar Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA9 November 2015
a typical day is very business its a well established lounge with a lot of different type of customers. Ive learned so much working in this establishment but it is by far one of the best experiences. My co workers are fun they. the hardest part of the job is handling intoxicated people they are the most difficult people to deal with. The most enjoyable part is seeing the customers enjoy themselves.
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Aguada, PR4 September 2015
Working in Deja Vu was fun!
Friendly and nice place.
I met famous people that would perform there.
My co-workers were amazing, nice, friendly and always had time to help when you needed it.
When i git there it was hard cause i didn't know much, like how to work with an ATM machine or such things but i learned everything pretty fast.
Meeting and talking to people, famous people, etc.
Work which help to improve interpersonal skills
Consultant of Call Center (Current Employee) –  Cracow13 January 2014
My typical day at work begins to verify the effectiveness of work. Then i start to make phone calls to people, to arrange an appoitment at a language school.
I learned a lot of useful things in life, such as negotiation skills, improve interpersonal skills, excellent selection of counterarguments. My coordinator is great person, who always helps me, when i need it. But the best thing is that he makes very professional trainings, which helps me to constantly improve. The hardest part of my job is the thing that its boring sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job are trainings and great results at work.
Pros
Trainings, good working atmosphere
Cons
Monotony
Interesting and Challenging yet enriching
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CA27 October 2014
Deja Vu is of course a different environment especially to be a manager but it was a great learning experience. A typical day was full of settling disputes between both customers and employees and making sure people are doing their job to its fullest extent. Management I found was un-professional and was over-run with ut of control men in a woman's industry. The hardest part of the job was the constant lack of support from other management and their lack of concern for the company they worked for. The most enjoyable part was meeting the vast array of people and learning to see things from a different perspective.
Pros
flexible schedule, nice pay, relaxed environment
Cons
un-professional and harassing management, lack of support for employees and independent contractors
lucrative and fun enviroment
waitress/bartender (Former Employee) –  cincinnati,ohio9 February 2012
dejavu was a fun place to work. i meant alot of good people and made alot of good social contacts. the money for the first four years was unbelieveable. my boss was the best guy in the world. i olny left because at the time i felt like it was time to move on to a new experience,i was sadened to hear the company closed its cincinnati location.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no benifits
There was no gray area, you were either good for this job or yyou were not.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA12 February 2013
The most enjoy able part of the job was the majority of the girls I met there, they were totally fun to be around. A typical day at work would require trying to sell as many ladies drinks as possible because If you couldn't you got fired. I learned I do not work well under the pressure that I have to sell something, my job depended on it.
Never really a dull moment.
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI7 January 2015
I learned to deal with all types of people. My co-workers were fun and entertaining. The hardest part of my job was dealing with everyday drama. The most enjoyable part was working with friends every night and making good money.
Pros
All my friends worked there, the money was good.
Cons
Drama, slow days, rude customers.
Productive Cajun Restaurant NOLA style
Server/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN26 March 2015
Greeted customers, Answered questions regarding menu items and specials, Obtained customers orders and placed them with the cook(s), Processed credit/debit payments, Obtained cash payments, Provided outstanding customer service
Fun workplace
Drink Waitress (Former Employee) –  Seattle WA17 October 2013
energetic and fun environment helping out dancers get drinks to customers. Daily activites would include bussing empty drink cups and refilling customer orders. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with large volume of customers most enjoyable part was the easy nature of the job.
Fun and exciting place to work
Promotions Coordinator, Customer Service, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL13 June 2012
Working at Deja Vu was fun and exciting. I was able to start off as a waitress and advanced in to the promotions coordinator role were I succeeded in increasing customer attendance.
Pros
the evnvoirnment was fun and up-beat.
Very fun and exciting place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA14 May 2013
A great place to learn the ins and outs of the bar and night club business. It is a very high volume company. The company does offer a variety of management and bartending seminars for employees.
Pros
fun atmosphere good pay and benefits.
Cons
very long hours
fun loving exiting for voyeuristic entertainment
doorman/usher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA3 February 2015
A positive team structure uplifting an always up to par.Going out an passing out discount passes working at register meeting new people an experiencing a upward managing enviroment
Pros
benevolently fun an loving
Cons
Fun and friendly work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Spain2 July 2015
This was a fun, exciting place to work. Everyone was very friendly and I made a lot of friends. All of the customers were nice and helpful when first starting and the staff also.
fun productive fast pace work
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA29 April 2014
we had a goal to beat every night it felt like family working at deja vu i loved going to work i enjoyed doing stage maintenance with girls m management made me feel safe.
Pros
sometime have bbq
Cons
hate shot breaks

4.3