Deja Vu Employee Reviews

Fun environment great place to be !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington Park, IL16 November 2016
All in all it's a wonderful place when everything works right. And it's always fun to be the life of the party. Everybody wants to know you and you have an answer for everyone. The party must go on and you're the one that makes it happen. Not without trying from upper management or even the establishments management. In today's day and age of millennial's and entitlement quality employees are hard to fine. Which is probably the only struggle for this company.
Pros
Great upper management, and management team.
Cons
Long hours and not enough staff.
fun, laid back workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jarrow24 September 2016
when I get to work I would polish around the shop and manage the Deja vu Facebook account and answer anybody's queries they had about furniture or clothes. I gained lots of retail experience and communication skills and my manager and co-workers and manager were very helpful to me throughout my time there. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people pick out furniture and clothes that suit them as I like helping people.
Pros
discount on some stock
Cons
sometimes not enough customers so no work
good work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lake City, WA23 September 2016
I worked 8pm-3am. Greeted and got drinks and change for customers. Sold ladies drinks. Management was great and helpful. Co workers were friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Always had a good time and worked with great people.
Waitress and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY15 August 2016
I always had a great time at work. I also made great money. I got to meet people from everywhere and a couple famous ones. The staff was like it's own little family. We were all close.
Pros
Free drinks and music.
Cons
Always worked weekend nights.
What an experience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY16 July 2016
I worked here because I saw my friend bringing home LARGE sums of money and only being a waitress. So ofcourse, I started working there. Even without being a stripper, I had new regulars every night. So many would come in just to see me and tip me. You have to be careful not to give them your number, and if you do, DO NOT HANG OUT WITH THEM. You never know with the customers that come in.
That being said, I met some amazing and cool men there that had such interesting stories. (during the summer it was mainly older guys)

NOW, my club was in Lexington and next to University of Kentucky. So when school was in, wow. SO many frat guys. College guys don't tip as much but they're more fun.
As a waitress, I loved getting to flirt and get money for it. The job was never boring, always a party. I honestly didn't get touched much by random customers. They can be rude but hardly ever to me.
WARNING: there CAN be a massive amount of drama between the waitresses and girls. As the waitress you'll have to be in the middle of two strippers that hate each other.
I actually started dating a guy that came in for me and one of the strippers HATED that because they went to school together. Keeping up with everyone's' regulars and keeping your hands off is difficult to keep in check.

DRINK SALES: My job did depend on this. Its how the club made money. I always on the weekends sold around 60-100 drinks. Me and my roommate who is also a waitress had so much fun selling drinks and getting tipped and running around. Drinks are easy to sell once you get the hang of it. After a about 30
  more... days of working, I could sell a drink to ANYONE. It just takes a lot of practice and messing up your words and embarrassment!

PAY: We made minimum wage and I claimed 0 on tips and they always allocated about 20-40 a paycheck.
The least I ever made a night was $34 on top of my minimum wage. Shifts are long but since i'm in school, the hours fits perfectly. I was able to have full range of my school schedule and work at night. sleeping is hard to figure out at first but it become normal.
Weekends I never made less than $100. (the one in lex, you make $1 off of each drink automatically)
I made about $800 a week total with paycheck and tips combined after taxes. The least I ever made was $450 and its because I didn't work the weekend.

In the 5 months I worked there I made a total of about $13000.

Customers are stupid with their money. I've made $60 off of bringing a guy a coke twice.

I've made 3 100 tips, and I made $460 in ONE night. I loved working here. Not all of employees were great, so much drama, but just stay above it and focus on your job.
The strippers tipped us out at the end of the night and I usually made $80-150 off of them at the end of the night.

The money relies heavily on how hard you are willing to work.
Pros
You can eat on the clock. easy going as long as you do all of the walk arounds. GREAT money
Cons
Rude and drunk customers, some creepy guys, DRAMA
fun to work with different types of people.
Bar Manager/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA9 November 2015
a typical day is very business its a well established lounge with a lot of different type of customers. Ive learned so much working in this establishment but it is by far one of the best experiences. My co workers are fun they. the hardest part of the job is handling intoxicated people they are the most difficult people to deal with. The most enjoyable part is seeing the customers enjoy themselves.
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Aguada, PR4 September 2015
Working in Deja Vu was fun!
Friendly and nice place.
I met famous people that would perform there.
My co-workers were amazing, nice, friendly and always had time to help when you needed it.
When i git there it was hard cause i didn't know much, like how to work with an ATM machine or such things but i learned everything pretty fast.
Meeting and talking to people, famous people, etc.
Fun and friendly work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Spain2 July 2015
This was a fun, exciting place to work. Everyone was very friendly and I made a lot of friends. All of the customers were nice and helpful when first starting and the staff also.
Productive Cajun Restaurant NOLA style
Server/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN26 March 2015
Greeted customers, Answered questions regarding menu items and specials, Obtained customers orders and placed them with the cook(s), Processed credit/debit payments, Obtained cash payments, Provided outstanding customer service
fun loving exiting for voyeuristic entertainment
doorman/usher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA3 February 2015
A positive team structure uplifting an always up to par.Going out an passing out discount passes working at register meeting new people an experiencing a upward managing enviroment
Pros
benevolently fun an loving
Cons
Never really a dull moment.
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI7 January 2015
I learned to deal with all types of people. My co-workers were fun and entertaining. The hardest part of my job was dealing with everyday drama. The most enjoyable part was working with friends every night and making good money.
Pros
All my friends worked there, the money was good.
Cons
Drama, slow days, rude customers.
Great customer service
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI6 November 2014
This place was all about hospitality. Learned alot from working door/ security. To Board marker/ assassinate floor Mgr
Interesting and Challenging yet enriching
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CA27 October 2014
Deja Vu is of course a different environment especially to be a manager but it was a great learning experience. A typical day was full of settling disputes between both customers and employees and making sure people are doing their job to its fullest extent. Management I found was un-professional and was over-run with ut of control men in a woman's industry. The hardest part of the job was the constant lack of support from other management and their lack of concern for the company they worked for. The most enjoyable part was meeting the vast array of people and learning to see things from a different perspective.
Pros
flexible schedule, nice pay, relaxed environment
Cons
un-professional and harassing management, lack of support for employees and independent contractors
Was initially a great opportunity.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, ENG1 October 2014
The customers were mostly elderly and could prove quite challenging, but the job itself was very rewarding.
fun environment, easy going
Waitress/bartender (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI1 September 2014
my time and experiences at deja vu were mostly great memories and friends I had made there
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
bad days/ night
Fun place to work
Director CSR (Former Employee) –  Lomita CA23 June 2014
Great place to work, all employees are down to earth and helpful!
fun productive fast pace work
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA29 April 2014
we had a goal to beat every night it felt like family working at deja vu i loved going to work i enjoyed doing stage maintenance with girls m management made me feel safe.
Pros
sometime have bbq
Cons
hate shot breaks
Fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN20 January 2014
Very fun atmosphere. I enjoyed making my own schedule and hours. It was a very free job.
Pros
open work schedule
Cons
not always accepted as a workplace
Work which help to improve interpersonal skills
Consultant of Call Center (Current Employee) –  Cracow13 January 2014
My typical day at work begins to verify the effectiveness of work. Then i start to make phone calls to people, to arrange an appoitment at a language school.
I learned a lot of useful things in life, such as negotiation skills, improve interpersonal skills, excellent selection of counterarguments. My coordinator is great person, who always helps me, when i need it. But the best thing is that he makes very professional trainings, which helps me to constantly improve. The hardest part of my job is the thing that its boring sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job are trainings and great results at work.
Pros
Trainings, good working atmosphere
Cons
Monotony
Fun place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IL29 November 2013
Fun place to work. Pay and benefits are terrible. High job security.
Pros
Fun work environment, flexible scedule
Cons
Terrible pay, job drama

4.2