Definiti Studios is currently seeking a professional and self-motivated Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic for one of our clients in Canada. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and inspecting equipment and replacing or repairing defective parts. Based out of our Edmonton location, this hourly position will report directly to our Maintenance Supervisor. Flexibility in scheduling, shift work, travel and overtime will be required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance with our pumping units and various specialty tools
- Contribute to the ongoing preventative maintenance of company equipment
- Complete inspections and maintenance on company equipment
- Journeyman Interprovincial Red Seal Ticket
- Oil Field experience preferred
-Weight handling of up to 50 lbs
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in dredge and pump systems
- Valid Class 5 license
- Produce a clean and current driver’s abstract
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Maintain accurate records of all service and repair work
As the Ideal Candidate, you will:
- Demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to health and safety
- Possess prior knowledge of repair and maintenance on John Deere, Cummins and CAT equipment
- Willing to work an on call schedule and adapt to changing work environments
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Have the ability to multitask
Familiarity with hydraulic and electrical systems and the ability to provide your own tools would be assets.
This is a permanent position.
Salary is $41 per hour, no relocation or housing subsidies.