Defence Construction Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Great work life balance
CONSTRUCTION SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Borden, ONMarch 14, 2016
Great work life balance, interesting construction projects, rewarding to be part of the defence of Canada. Great benefits and pension, not a stressful job, lacks advancement opportunities and pay is lower than private sector for similar work.
Pros
Flex Days
Cons
Advancement
Horrible management culture
DCC (Former Employee) –  DCCFebruary 13, 2016
In my experience, organizational policies and employee code of conduct as per Government of Canada standard do not translate into real life practices. Work atmosphere is toxic.
Great place to work, great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley - Goose Bay, NLJanuary 14, 2015
Defence Construction Canada is a very structured environment that makes learing the required tasks very straight forward.
I worked with some lovely, professional people that made my job very easy. We worked as a team at all times.
There was a mjor emphasis on healthy living a lots of fun incentives to balance health with your work.
Salary was decent, however, it was the cut backs that caused me to lose my position.
Pros
great people, decent salary and benefits
Cons
government cut backs
Site Administrator (Current Employee) –  Petawawa, ONMay 27, 2013
5 day work week
Co-workers were good
Management is not good
Enjoyed worked on large projects
Pros
flex days
Cons
no advancement
Enjoyable, rewarding, challenging.
1) Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2013
I just want to mention that my rating for the above-named company and as a matter of fact, all companies I worked for, rate the highest. Every place that I have worked was a productive, learning experience. Managers, colleagues, partners, volunteers were great people to work with. I enjoyed every aspect of my work. There are no boring duties as each task has a purpose.
Pros
acquired experience in various fields.
Deverse Projects to Grow With
Construction Coordinator / Mechanical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kingston, OntarioMarch 5, 2013
Oppurtunity to take on several challenges outside field of expertise and oppurtunity to grow and development in a full range of areas. Major new Construction, Complex Renovations, M&E upgrades, structural towers, Interior renovations, storage additions, heritage renovations
Good
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2012
Not clear direction from senior management. Company needs to explore other clients in order to position it self for a stable future.