Deerhurst Resort

Deerhurst Resort Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Great Opportunity Employer
Reservations Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ONMarch 28, 2016
This company really likes to promote from with in, and give credit to their current employees who work hard! Great place to work!
High paced, long hours, well paid and great co-workers
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Assemble and gathering of information for clients, debriefing the staff of their roles for the event, ensuring a flawless, food and beverage delivery in a timely manner while putting the guests needs first as they arise and dealing with any challenge that may arise. Recording the days events in a daily log, disciplining, training, payroll, scheduling were common tasks as well. I received my energy from client satisfaction and the repeat business and the teamwork involved to achieve that result. Whether it be a business, social, or life event (wedding), the experience was professionally delivered.
Pros
Creating lasting moments and memories with guests and co-workers
Cons
Long inflexible hours and the lack of professional candor from managers
Working At Deerhurst Resort
Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONTJanuary 26, 2016
When you work at a well known Canadian resort you get to meet a lot of different people from many different walks of life. This was very enlightening to me, and I believe meeting so many different people has allowed me to have more of a well rounded view on life.

Many of my co-workers were hard workers and very easy to get along with. However, there were also some of my co-workers who would try to pawn their tasks off to others which was always frustrating. This allowed me learn to be proactive with my time and depend only on myself to get a job done. Working there also taught me that communication is the key to having a successful business. This was very clear to me when we got new staff members and they were not trained properly.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that we were rarely allowed a break. When you are a waitress/bartender, the ability to have a 10 minute break is difficult because you have tables that need to be tended to. But working for 12 hours a day as I often would without a scheduled break can get quite tiring.

One of the things I enjoyed most about my job was the hours. I am a hard worker who enjoys getting plenty of hours, and Deerhurst was always able to provide me with those extra hours. Regardless of if it was in another department, my boss was always very accommodating to find me more work and I was always grateful for that.
Pros
Good pay, Friendly co-workers, Lots of hours
Cons
Rarely any break
great job with fun
resort service attendant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ONDecember 13, 2015
a very good place to work for and a good management who looks after the worker very closely i being there learned how the different teams work and how the standards are followed
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours and very far
DeerHurst Summary
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONNovember 6, 2015
I had the best summer of my life working at Deer Hurst Resort, I am thankful for the opportunities, they have given me.
I would do a lot of functions such as weddings, CEO meetings, I would have to set tables, gather for dinner, fold napkins.
Prepare a coffee station, make coffee, serve wine at the table. plated dinners, give nothing but the best of my attitude.
Pros
long hours, pay, people
Cons
N/A
Not a good place to work
2nd cook (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONMay 18, 2015
If your looking for a summer job yes this place is fine. But as soon as winter comes they say we don't need you. No winter hours or spring. They'll pay you min wage or a bit more. Deerhurst is a sinking ship that they are trying to keep a flot.
a foot in the door
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ONMarch 18, 2015
can be fun at times . I took this job to get a foot in the door , now that there are better jobs it is time to move on . deerhurst is going down hill faster then the fondation the building sits on
Pros
summer fun cheap golf
Cons
unappreciative, low wage, scheemy, cheap
Enjoyable environment
Golf Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONMarch 4, 2015
great place to work, fun staff great atmosphere. Management is very help and understand. Work schedule is very flexible.
Too much work for little pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Intermittent hours, sometimes a full schedule other times you may get two shifts in two weeks. The workload is heavy and the pay is very low. Most staff are great, very friendly and fun to work with! However, management can be very unorganized leaving you to feel stressed about properly completing your job by the time you finish your shift. The staff discounts and incentives are good though, and the landscape is beautiful.
Pros
staff discounts, and incentives
Cons
unstable hours, low pay, heavy workload
its always sunny is muskoka
Waterfront Attendant and Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONAugust 26, 2014
All seasons of the year Deerhurst projects a sunny atmosphere.The employees who have all come from all over to live and work at deerhurst have soaked in the mystery of this positively stunning place. On a grimm day, managing such a large property, with many guests and owners can be difficult. However, as a team, every employee and department takes the time to make every morning afternoon and evening a positive one.
Pros
staff residence, close to downtown huntsville
Is it worth it
Reservations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ONJuly 7, 2014
Deerhurst Reservations is an extremely fast paced work environment which I love however find that for the amount one is required to do in a day leaves you feeling like you are extremely under paid.
Beautiful resort with lots to do
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Reservations made, respond to on line inquiries, book activites for guests.
Pros
good hours, free activites
Cons
layoffs during slow seasons
Fun place to work with some perks
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONJanuary 18, 2013
The resort is very big and in a beautiful location. I very much enjoyed my time there. They are now under new management so I don't know how things are run there anymore.
housekeeping is a hard job.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, OntarioOctober 26, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you finished a cleaning a room , its so pristine and neat.
the place is exciting to work with and place has a lot to explore.
Light Duty Cleaner/Public Area Attendant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ONJuly 23, 2012
Deerhurst is a exciting place to work and I find the place very attractive. People are very friendly and polite.I like the place Huntsville because the trees and sorrounded by lakes.
Managers are just pupets for the Admin. Floor!
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONMay 5, 2012
Liked most of the people I worked with. Some on the Admin. Floor wouldn't even acknowledge that you were part of the team.
As a manager you were not allowed to make decisions without those above you giving their ok.
I didn't like having to implement policies or procedures that did nothing for the morale of the staff.
I enjoyed working with my team....great bunch of people!
Pros
salary was good, team was great, good benefits
Cons
suggestions not taken seriously, had to pay for substandard meals, couldn't make decisions without ok