Deerhurst Resort Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
High paced, long hours, well paid and great co-workers
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON20 February 2016
Assemble and gathering of information for clients, debriefing the staff of their roles for the event, ensuring a flawless, food and beverage delivery in a timely manner while putting the guests needs first as they arise and dealing with any challenge that may arise. Recording the days events in a daily log, disciplining, training, payroll, scheduling were common tasks as well. I received my energy from client satisfaction and the repeat business and the teamwork involved to achieve that result. Whether it be a business, social, or life event (wedding), the experience was professionally delivered.
Pros
Creating lasting moments and memories with guests and co-workers
Cons
Long inflexible hours and the lack of professional candor from managers
Great Opportunity Employer
Reservations Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON28 March 2016
This company really likes to promote from with in, and give credit to their current employees who work hard! Great place to work!
DeerHurst Summary
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON6 November 2015
I had the best summer of my life working at Deer Hurst Resort, I am thankful for the opportunities, they have given me.
I would do a lot of functions such as weddings, CEO meetings, I would have to set tables, gather for dinner, fold napkins.
Prepare a coffee station, make coffee, serve wine at the table. plated dinners, give nothing but the best of my attitude.
Pros
long hours, pay, people
Cons
N/A
great job with fun
resort service attendant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON13 December 2015
a very good place to work for and a good management who looks after the worker very closely i being there learned how the different teams work and how the standards are followed
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours and very far
Too much work for little pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON26 January 2015
Intermittent hours, sometimes a full schedule other times you may get two shifts in two weeks. The workload is heavy and the pay is very low. Most staff are great, very friendly and fun to work with! However, management can be very unorganized leaving you to feel stressed about properly completing your job by the time you finish your shift. The staff discounts and incentives are good though, and the landscape is beautiful.
Pros
staff discounts, and incentives
Cons
unstable hours, low pay, heavy workload
its always sunny is muskoka
Waterfront Attendant and Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON26 August 2014
All seasons of the year Deerhurst projects a sunny atmosphere.The employees who have all come from all over to live and work at deerhurst have soaked in the mystery of this positively stunning place. On a grimm day, managing such a large property, with many guests and owners can be difficult. However, as a team, every employee and department takes the time to make every morning afternoon and evening a positive one.
Pros
staff residence, close to downtown Huntsville
Managers are just pupets for the Admin. Floor!
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON5 May 2012
Liked most of the people I worked with. Some on the Admin. Floor wouldn't even acknowledge that you were part of the team.
As a manager you were not allowed to make decisions without those above you giving their ok.
I didn't like having to implement policies or procedures that did nothing for the morale of the staff.
I enjoyed working with my team....great bunch of people!
Pros
salary was good, team was great, good benefits
Cons
suggestions not taken seriously, had to pay for substandard meals, couldn't make decisions without ok
Productive and fun workplace with a lake in its heart.
Banquet Porter/Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON11 September 2013
I learned how to read the Banquet Event Order Forms, How to set up various rooms and functions. Management was great fun and helpful. The co workers were fun to work with even when we were stressed out it always seemed as fun. The hardest part of the job was the clean up after a big event.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the perks and benefits you get as being an employee at Deerhurst Resort.
Cons
Long hours weekend work.
Not a good place to work
2nd cook (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON18 May 2015
If your looking for a summer job yes this place is fine. But as soon as winter comes they say we don't need you. No winter hours or spring. They'll pay you min wage or a bit more. Deerhurst is a sinking ship that they are trying to keep a flot.
a foot in the door
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON18 March 2015
can be fun at times . I took this job to get a foot in the door , now that there are better jobs it is time to move on . deerhurst is going down hill faster then the fondation the building sits on
Pros
summer fun cheap golf
Cons
unappreciative, low wage, scheemy, cheap
the place is exciting to work with and place has a lot to explore.
Light Duty Cleaner/Public Area Attendant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON23 July 2012
Deerhurst is a exciting place to work and I find the place very attractive. People are very friendly and polite.I like the place Huntsville because the trees and sorrounded by lakes.
Is it worth it
Reservations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON7 July 2014
Deerhurst Reservations is an extremely fast paced work environment which I love however find that for the amount one is required to do in a day leaves you feeling like you are extremely under paid.
Fun place to work with some perks
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON18 January 2013
The resort is very big and in a beautiful location. I very much enjoyed my time there. They are now under new management so I don't know how things are run there anymore.
Enjoyable environment
Golf Services Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON4 March 2015
great place to work, fun staff great atmosphere. Management is very help and understand. Work schedule is very flexible.
Beautiful resort with lots to do
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON25 February 2013
Reservations made, respond to on line inquiries, book activites for guests.
Pros
good hours, free activites
Cons
layoffs during slow seasons
housekeeping is a hard job.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, Ontario26 October 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you finished a cleaning a room , its so pristine and neat.

Deerhurst Resort Reviews by Location