Why Join Us?
Because we’re awesome, we’re also energetic, fun, focused, and an effective group who thrives on big challenges!
We have a strong culture of freedom, responsibility, and innovation that fosters minds who wish to experience personal and professional growth on another level.
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and more. What’s that you say? You want a day off on your birthday? Consider it done!
You love smartphones too? We’re going to hook you up with one of those too!!
Oh aaaand you want some holiday and financial performance based incentives!?! Consider it done.
And . . .
We're hiring like crazy right now! Looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our team, this means plenty of growth potential and opportunities for you, that’s right, YOU!
Oh, and one more thing, resumes are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?!?
Cover Letters! Ones that are specially written just for Debian. Hook us up with one of those bad boys, because we love those things! Ok, now on to the serious stuff …
I.T. Field Support Technician
The role of the Field Support Technician you will conduct the primary onsite management of network maintenance and troubleshooting of the portfolio of clients who are assigned to you. You will provide customer support for the installation, maintenance, and utilization of computers and network software, hardware, and administration. Also, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and keeping computer documentation accurate and current.
I.T. Field Support Technician Prerequisites:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineer, business or other related field.
- 2-4 years as a system analyst, network analyst or related experience can substitute for degree requirements.
- Interact with a wide variety of clients, respond to customer trouble tickets, provide onsite support as required, and document the details involved.
- Assess the extent and complexity of computer and network problems. Provide answers to computer and network questions.
- Ensure timely and appropriate escalation actions for unresolved problems.
- Install, repair, upgrade, and test computer and network hardware and software.
- Research and recommend hardware and software products appropriate to customer business requirements.
- Develop solutions and plans to specific customer problems.
- Follow up with clients to ensure that their needs were met.
- Detailed documenting of work performed.
Main Responsibilities & Job Expectations:
- Advanced knowledge of software applications, computers, network architecture, and data communications.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and Office 365, desktop operating systems (Windows and/or Mac), Terminal Services, VPN technologies, MS Exchange Server, LAN/WAN network topologies, Anti-virus solutions, firewall technologies, and familiarity with MS Windows Server operating systems.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a group or independently.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret both problems and people, investigate such matters, and address the root cause.
If you think we might not consider you for one reason or another, you’re wrong, dead wrong. Debian IT is an equal opportunity employer. That means if you have the right skills, you’re in the right place. And now that you know the what’s-what, and the who’s-who, it’s time to dust off that floppy disk, polish up your resume and cover letter, and update the title to 2014.
*Please visit our website: www.debianit.com and click on "Join Our Team".
Send us an email with the subject line to state: FST-2014.*
Can’t Wait To Hear From You!!