Why Join Us?
Because we’re awesome, we’re also energetic, fun, focused, and an effective group who thrives on big challenges!
We have a strong culture of freedom, responsibility, and innovation that fosters minds who wish to experience personal and professional growth on another level.
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and more. What’s that you say? You want a day off on your birthday? Consider it done!
You hate paying for insurance, gas, and parking? Tell all of your like-minded friends riding on the train, we’re only 1 block away from the station!! Oh aaaand you want a little Christmas bonus in your stocking!?! Consider it done.
And . . . We're hiring like crazy right now! Looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our team, this means plenty of growth potential and opportunities for you, that’s right, YOU!
Oh, and one more thing, resumes are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?!?
Cover Letters! Ones that are specially written just for Debian. Hook us up with one of those bad boys, because we love those things! Ok, now on to the serious stuff …
I.T. Accounts Payable Coordinator
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for processing daily accounts payable & inter-company A/P function; matching documents, coding invoices, preparing journal entries; researching & investigating supplier inquiries, reconciling vendor statements; investigating, processing & managing all vendor enquiries. In addition you will be responsible for checking and distributing incoming mail, open cheques and forwarding to Accounts Receivable, reconciling monthly credit card and bank statements. Produce AP summary reports for management review on a bi-weekly basis. You will work closely with the Accounts Receivable Coordinator to balance and close monthly financials, produce financial summary reports to management for review on a monthly basis, assist Accounts Receivable Coordinator with year-end preparation of financial reports for external accountant review.
I.T. Accounts Payable Coordinator Prerequisites:
- A minimum 3 years of experience with primary responsibility for Accounts Payable administration and processing.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically, confident in making decisions, and taking
- Demonstrate high level of communication skills; ability to communication effectively
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems, such as QuickBooks.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (i.e.: Outlook, Excel and Word)
- College Diploma or a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, communication or related area.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Appreciation of computer hardware and software knowledge.
Main Responsibilities & Job Expectations:
- Accurately verify and process all invoices received from suppliers into the electronic accounting system in a timely manner.
- Timely payment of invoices to avoid breaks or delays in product or service delivery from vendors
- Review the proper authorization, reception of goods and services, and pricing of bills received
- Reconcile the sub-ledger with supplier statements
- Review expense accounts online and report taxable benefits to the Payroll Administrator
- Prepare, maintain, file and organize accounts payable records
- Generate payment runs according to the approved schedule
- Research and resolve problems, respond to vendor inquiries and communicate with vendors and service providers to resolve issues.
- Accurate input of AP information into the accounting system to ensure accurate reporting
- Prepare monthly and year end financials for Management and external accountant review.
If you think we might not consider you for one reason or another, you’re wrong, dead wrong. Debian IT is an equal opportunity employer. That means if you have the right skills, you’re in the right place. And now that you know the what’s-what, and the who’s-who, it’s time to dust off that floppy disk, polish up your resume and cover letter, and update the title to 2014.
*Please visit our website: www.debianit.com and click on "Join Our Team".
Send us an email with the subject line to state: APC-2014.*
Can’t Wait To Hear From You!!