Dealertrack Technologies, Inc.

Dealertrack Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive fun place, Management confusing
Network Operations Engineer Level 1 (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: indoor caferia
Cons: confusing management- too many of them.
Company uses state of the art technology.
Provided you have the correct Management you can learn a lot.

Teams can be very large

Some co-workers can be hard to understand.

Plenty of overtime as not everyone on the team will pull they weight.
Very flexible work environment depending on job position
Partner Integration Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
The company will allow for ability to work remotely if the position allows for it.
Work timing is flexible as long as deadlines and requirements are met on time.
Interactive Workplace/workforce
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee), Lake Success, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Dealertrack is an interactive workplace with an upbeat workforce filled with team members willing to work together. Mid-Level management is a bit shaky at times and job advancement is slow.
Amazing company
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJanuary 24, 2015
5 stars. Everyone worked hard and the autonomy was fantastic.
fun place to work
Office Manager / F&I Compliance Consultant (Current Employee), Groton, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: raises and bonus
Cons: invisible to management
Off site , no opportunity for advancement .

Spent many years there , they paid for my college education , but would not allow an opportunity for advancement.

Loved my co workers

Hardest part was travel
A great company to work for!
Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Working at Dealertrack has been a great experience so far! The company always has programs for us employee's to gain more knowledge and better our craft.

They have a fun working environment! The management is always supportive of our ideas and thoughts. I look forward to coming to work everyday!
Good place to work.
Web Developer (Contract) (Former Employee), Plano, TexasDecember 15, 2014
This was a good company to work for. The team I worked with was great.
Productive and fun place to work.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Success, NYDecember 3, 2014
Greeted many visitors and answered many phone calls. Ordered office supplies for all locations. Gave out security badges. Handled all mail. Assisted admins with projects. The culture was wonderful, great people. I enjoyed every day at Dealertrack. I watched this company grow from 250-2500+
Great company to work for, but with a few drawbacks
Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Lake Success, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: work life balance, personable co-workers, receptive to employee feedback
Cons: dirty inconsistent data, many systems, old office space
A major player in the automotive industry. They've evolved from a credit app portal to an end to end solution for automotive dealers. They continue to rake in revenue year after year. However, a lot of the growth has been related to acquisitions. The merging together of multiple companies on to 1 platform has been difficult.
There's a good work life balance. They do try to promote from within, but more times than none, there's often people brought in from the outside. The new office that's scheduled to open in 2016 will be a big boost to employee morale.
Level 2 Engineer
Level 2 Technical Engineer (Current Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 12, 2014
Originate, assign, and/or resolve support tickets in a timely manner as receive by our support via inbound phone calls at designated intervals.

Run production SQL scripts after hours when needed

Review sql transactions to ensure production has not been affected by AS400 maintenance and/or reboot.

Establish secure FTP credentials, file naming convention, file drop time, and any additional internal or external requirements for successful automated import processing.

Originate MAP files associated with client data files or recommend corrective action if a Our client standard MAP file cannot be originated.

Supply import requirements/documentation to internal and external requestors

Ensure escalations from Level 1 support contain a valid Change Control Request prior to estimate submission and/or submission to development

Determine scope review of client requests and determine positive or negative global impact when recommending development

Immediately notify IT of any unresolved production server down time

Originate file conversion programs when applicable.

Test client import process from start to finish prior to implementation

Originate, test, and run one off client bulk data change and/or release requests.

Work with Developers to review code

Manage Import Server to check the status of jobs that run 24 hours a day, restart jobs that are hung and reboot server when needed.

Cross training on several different core platform to support all 3000 + clients
Fast paced Work Environment
Data Entry (Current Employee), Wilmington OHioOctober 30, 2014
Shred paper work and manifest into a computer. Management is okay. Coworkers are great. Being able to balance work and home life was difficult.
Dealertrack Technologies
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Dealertack Technologies is a great place to be employed. The environment is very friendly and inviting. Management is great.
Not what it seams.
Support (Current Employee), Lake success, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: you spend a lot of time at home unless you work at the main office
Cons: you spend a lot of time at home. cabin fever!!
This company will hire you for one position, then readjust what the actual position is (example.. You hire in to go dealer to dealer, then they change the position to being 100% behind a computer locked in ur house) I guess that's okay if ur socially inept. For some it's been a good environment, for others, that's difficult. Constant readjustment of positions. One year you are one thing, the next something completely different.
Friendly environment, but security and advancement does not seem very likely.
Relase Agent (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: healthcare, friendly environment
Cons: swing shift, short lunch
A typical day at work begins by receiving titles from the vault then processing and preparing them for release. On average about 18,000 titles are processed and executed daily; with those numbers fluctuating by season. Overall I've learned to stick to the task, no matter how seemingly difficult, and ultimately your goal will be met. Management and co-workers are friendly and respectful. The most challenging part of the job is meeting the expected output quotas while simultaneously preventing errors. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fulfillment of knowing that my efforts will benefit the clients.
Not a bad place to work
Adminsitration (Current Employee), Wilmington, OHAugust 23, 2014
Dealertrack offers many opportunties for growth. However, certain executives are out of their depths and make the simplist task over complicated.
Typical work day
Installer / Trainer for Dealertrack DMS (Current Employee), Sandy, UTAugust 22, 2014
Pros: travel, perks
Cons: being away from home for long periods of time.
A typical day with Dealertrack can consist of multiple duties. From installing, training, troubleshooting all at the same time. Hardest part of this position is when you cannot get a terminal up in the middle of a work day while still keeping your customer confident in the transition process. The enjoyable part of my job is the people we meet and having your client happy after all is said and done.
Great technology company
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), BIG money with finance departments!!August 6, 2014
They help dealers greatly to increase profit. They care about their dealers and want to help.
Positive, Fun Work Enviroment
Title Vault Agent (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: management
Dealertrack is a very friendly environment. Management needs a bit of improvement. I learned how to improve quality of work to quantity of work and how to balance out the two. The co-workers were such outgoing people creating a positive work environment. I most enjoyed the manual labor to this job such as climbing ladders and condensing the files from shelf to shelf.
Mail/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 26, 2014
Pros: employee of the mth
Cons: long long long work hours
Work overnight hours and didnt know when you get off the next morning...cant leave until work has been done.
Sketchy Company
Interviewer (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: i did not get an offer from a sketchy company
Cons: still at my current job
Interviewed with this company and was given a verbal offer that never turned into a solid job offer.

Environment did feel more like a jail.

very unprofessional, if I got an offer now, I would not take it - better off where I am currently working - at least at the moment, I know who is putting the knife in my back.

1 2 3

About Dealertrack Technologies, Inc.

Established in 2001, Dealertrack provides web-based software solutions and services to enhance efficiency and profitability for – Read more

Dealertrack Technologies, Inc. Photos