DEAFBLIND ONTARIO SERVICES Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Great Employer
Intervenor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 11, 2016
DBOS is a great work environment overall and the clients you get to work with are truly one of a kind. At times there was a feeling of lack of support from the upper management as it felt that they did not fully understand how each individual house ran on a day to day basis. However, for the most part, minus the 'politics' of (any) organization DBOS was a great environment to work in. Co-workers were phenomenal and became like a second family. The clients you were working with both challenged you and also became like part of your extended family. The only reason I left DBOS was because I moved to a town where there are no DBOS locations.
Pros
Great work environment, Clients are WONDERFUL people, Positive environment to grow as an Intervenor, Always providing training opportunities to their employees
Cons
Long hours, Nature of the organization had you sometimes "take work home with you" (e.g. concern about clients, can take a mentally taxing toll on you)
An interesting company to work for.
Deafblind Intervenor (Current Employee) –  Innisfil OntarioOctober 19, 2015
The company most certaintly encourages growth in your own learning of exact english. They encourage client's to be visable to the community. Co-workers are very diverce and fairly easy to work with.
Great workplace and staff
Intervenor (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Learned a lot through this company and it had changed my perspectives on a lot of things. It showed me how I was able to adapt quickly in different and continuously changing environments, quickly I can pick up new skills (learning sign language), how supportive management and other staff were.
Pros
Great staff, understanding, great pay, great clients, great training
Great Place to work
Coordinator of Regional Client Services-Tricities (Current Employee) –  TricitiesDecember 10, 2014
DeafBlind Ontario Services is a great organization. It is a very professional organization with the clients rights in mind.
One of the leading accounting firm
Assist residents (Current Employee) –  Newmarkert. OntarioOctober 14, 2014
Working in an environment of leaders makes you wants to keep growing. Really very interesting.
Not a great place to work
Intervenor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ONApril 29, 2013
In general, Management go against Ontario labor laws. I have worked 20 of 24 hrs in one day . I mentioned it was illegal. Shortly after I was dismissed with cause.
Pros
the clients
Cons
unsafe, very long hours while driving disabled clients
Great organization
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, OntarioApril 20, 2012
Awesome organization. Typical work day would involve site visit to an off-site location.

I have learned how to mangement my time effectively to handle multiple projects

Coworkers are Ok
Hardest part of the job is not having clear objectives on assigned tasks

Most enjoyable part of the job managing different projects, seeing them to completion and getting positive feedback from the users of their satisfaction.
Pros
flex-time
Cons
high attrition rate