DCM Employee Reviews

Amicale et les gens ce supporte
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Cnrl30 May 2017
Tout les membre fond parti d'une seule équipe. La sécurité est très importante .
Pros
Bonne installation au chantier et campement
Cons
Contrat cour
productive and a safe workplace
PIPING FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB19 February 2017
safety work place every day, get more knowledge in commissioning, management are very cooperative and supportive taking care of people, work place is safe and always work as a team, cant find any hard part of job, having party with the management on weekends
Encourage their employees to take personal advancements
Pipefitter Apprentice II (Former Employee) –  CNRL Horizon8 January 2017
Working for DCM in general is fun. They have given me the chance to start a new and different career in trade and I really appreciate it. I could say that safety is their first priority and that really makes me more comfortable working.
- 48 Degree
2nd Year Apprentices through ita (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 December 2016
Our typical day at work was wake up 3:30 am go gym come back take a shower have breakfast and catch company buss get to work by 6 am start working 7 a
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
6 hours Regular pay 4 hours O.T
good place for work
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 November 2016
DCM gives all kind of training for safety.
good and safe work environment.
safety is important for DCM and also look after co worker safety too.
management well organized for planning and scheduled work
Great Job
Skilled laborer/Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 October 2016
I had a great time at this job. I received proper training and was always are and comfortable with the work I was doing. The wage was good and my coworkers were very nice.
Good Company
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McKay, AB19 August 2016
This seems to be a good organization to work for ... The management and crews that I worked for were great people. The work life balance and flexiability that is achieved with no issues.
Fun place to work
HSE Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 June 2016
Great company, Constantly growing, lots of challenges, good support from upper management & fun ambiance to develop people & aquire new skills.
Experience de travaux
CHEF ESTIMATION ELECTRIQUE INDUSTRIAL (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2016
Dans dcm j'ai prix un bon experience de travail, de belle ambiance , securitaire.
Pros
Assurances, Reer, Etc
Starter
apprentice (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SK5 January 2016
Started me on my journey to be a the redseal trade i am now an they treated me very well, great work environment and great people to be around
Très bonne expérience de travail
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, AB11 November 2015
Emploi très stimulant où les employés sont respectés et l'ambiance de travail est bonne.
Fast paced and intense but fun work environment.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay, Alberta15 July 2015
Great company to work for. A lot of opportunities for advancement though responsibilities can grow considerably faster than salary. All in all I would recommend them to prospective employees.
Great company
Labourer for shut down at CNRL July (Former Employee) –  fort mac2 May 2015
Great to work for ,treat the guys great .if a days pay is short it was fixed the same day, treated the guys with respect. ppe was supplied
Pros
fleights to job
Cons
job to short
Great working group with no BS.
Rig Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 March 2015
Great Company to work for with excellent management team on this project. Worked 24/14 shift and loved it. Not the best turnaround travel pay but that was due to CNRL.
Pros
14/14 shift
Horizon plant
Mechanical Maintenance Planner & Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 January 2015
it was some of the best times of my career. I worked with some good people there. CNRL is still suffering from the newness of the plant and is maturing.
This as well as the following reviews will be similar as I worked in different capacities at the same site.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Be carefull who your friends are
Maintenance Planner:
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Alberta21 October 2014
- Perform the planning and estimating of corrective, outage and turnaround work orders for Piping systems, pressure vessels, and structural for primary upgrading (using drawings, manuals, and past history).
- Perform the creation, planning and estimating of preventive maintenance work orders for equipment and systems (using drawings, manuals, and past history and talking to the vendor)
- Create and send out daily and weekly reports to management site areas advancement.
- Responsible for daily updating work orders and updating management on the progression of the projects and informing management the percentage complete.
- Review and plan work from engineering (construction work packages).
- Organize times and scope of work for contractors for different projects.
- Assist in the creation of work schedule for current and future work for maintenance leads.
- Assist in running and attending meetings in place of planning lead when needed.
fun
Labourer (Former Employee) –  alberta7 October 2014
respectful environment and would go work for them again. really like that all workers are respectful
belle environnement
Electrician in Alberta (Current Employee) –  CNRL10 June 2014
du beau monde
outils fourni
vêtements fourni
formation fourni
sécurité avant tout
Fast pace environment, was able to help in the organization of crews, job procedures, PUG etc
Foreman Primary Upgrading - Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 May 2014
Good overall. Was still disorganized when I left the company, however, growing pains were mostly the reason behind this and some management failures.
good working environment
4th year apprentice electrician (Former Employee) –  sherwoodpark AB25 October 2013
good company to work and nice co workers.good benefits.the only thing is not good is short term of employment
Pros
good salary
Cons
short term job