DCM

DCM Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Maintenance Planner:
Maintenance Planner (Current Employee), AlbertaOctober 21, 2014
- Perform the planning and estimating of corrective, outage and turnaround work orders for Piping systems, pressure vessels, and structural for primary upgrading (using drawings, manuals, and past history).
- Perform the creation, planning and estimating of preventive maintenance work orders for equipment and systems (using drawings, manuals, and past history and talking to the vendor)
- Create and send out daily and weekly reports to management site areas advancement.
- Responsible for daily updating work orders and updating management on the progression of the projects and informing management the percentage complete.
- Review and plan work from engineering (construction work packages).
- Organize times and scope of work for contractors for different projects.
- Assist in the creation of work schedule for current and future work for maintenance leads.
- Assist in running and attending meetings in place of planning lead when needed.
fun
Labourer (Former Employee), albertaOctober 7, 2014
respectful environment and would go work for them again. really like that all workers are respectful
Fast pace environment, was able to help in the organization of crews, job procedures, PUG etc
Foreman Primary Upgrading - Millwright (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 14, 2014
Good overall. Was still disorganized when I left the company, however, growing pains were mostly the reason behind this and some management failures.
good working environment
4th year apprentice electrician (Former Employee), sherwoodpark ABOctober 25, 2013
Pros: good salary
Cons: short term job
good company to work and nice co workers.good benefits.the only thing is not good is short term of employment
good place to work
1st year pipefitter (Former Employee), CNRL horizonJune 25, 2013
good place to work minus job security, hard to get a hold of anyone
NOT what you are looking for!!!
QC Inspector (Former Employee), CNRL HorizonJune 18, 2013
Pros: time to look for a better job, lol.
Cons: upper managment thinks that you should now who they are without them introducing themselves.
Was hired for 1yr project that was 6 months behind schedule and still due in 6 months.
No Level 2 inspectors, all Level 1's doing the work.
The company is stuck in their ways.
No room for advancement.
Pay is not comparable to other companies.
No Organization
No direction
no one their to fight for you and you get run over by the client. No Mediator and don't have the balls to stick up to the client.
Has a form to fill out for pay complains that get filled out a lot.
Very High Turnover rate.
A learning experience that taught me a lot.
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 4, 2013
I would arrive on site and we would have our daily tool box talk. Then I would go and fill out a Field Level hazard Assessment. Which included my daily job tasks plus more. The hazards and how to prevent or fix them. Then I would compete each task in a timely and efficient manner to the best of my abilities. I learned a lot, some of which included calculating runs of pipe as well as offsets and how to do a pump aliment. The co-workers I have are great and are willing to show me an apprentice many new things. The hardest part of the job for me would be trying to work out of a basket of a scissor lift or genie. The small basket makes it hard to maneuver and gives you no space to work or put tools. The most enjoyable part is the crew and how well we work together to accomplish a common goal.
Not a bad company
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort Mackay, ABFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: great crew.
Cons: no ot, sometimes dis organized
When a maintenance posting says they pay OT.
Call to confirm, OT could be 4 hrs out of an 84 hr work week.
Enjoyable place to work with good people.
Horizon- Pipefitter (Former Employee), CNRL Horizon Fort Mcmurray ABOctober 11, 2012
Pros: excellent schedule and paid flights.
Cons: very high employee turnover rate.
I really enjoyed working for DCM and wish I could have been taken back after I finished my first year of schooling. Am currently trying to get back to work with them but find it impossible to get a message returned....
fun workers
Millwright (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 6, 2012
Pros: good workers
Cons: good hours
install and commission machinery such as pumps.motors.gearboxes conveyors and more i learned commission management where very good to us co-workers i learned a lost front then the hardest part of job was not to be able to work we avery one the enjoyable part of the job was to learned front your co-workers
belle environnement