Day & Ross Employee Reviews

Productive Fun workplace and Company
Work Force Manager & Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. André, NB8 November 2017
Great place to work and seek advancement. Great benefits and pay. No weekends. Company is very financially secure so job security is always very secure.
Terrible environment & terrible management
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB3 November 2017
I really don't have anything positive to say about this company. The current people who are running it don't know what they are doing and will cause the company to flounder and lose clientele.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Awful place to work
Supply Chain Auditor Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2017
A very fast paced environment, did not observe many safety procedures followed. I would not recommend anyone to work here. Found that employees had a lot of fun working the night shift.
worst managed company ever and cheap
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartfield, NB4 July 2017
you'll be pulling your hair out trying to do your job, only to be told your not doing it. they want you to bend over backwards for them but will not do the same for you. their HR team is ignorant and sadistic, and will do anything to get you out. its just a out of date place, they need to train people to properly manage people. your efforts and experience would be appreciated anywhere but here. McCains should be ashamed they have this under their belt as a second company, they treat their employees like manure.
Not a nice place to work - could be but isn't!
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2017
It is like trying to hammer nails with a broken hammer while your hands are behind your back and someone has stolen the blueprints. No thought for safety or people - the atmosphere on the shop floor is the worst I have ever seen in terms of negativity, hopelessness.

Why do I work here - it currently pays the bills.

Having the experience that I do it is especially frustrating to watch management destroy a business along with the people who work there.
Pros
Pension plan
Cons
too many to list
Not a very professional environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2017
There is no real training there, as most people there only really care to get in, do their time (so to speak) and get out, and with no communication on any level of the work environment, most information gets lost, leading to increases in their shrinkage.

Floor staff is care-free, which coupled with the lack of real training, leads to a revolving door of workers. This also can be said with reference to their management as well.
Cons
Lack of communication from/Lack of care for the staffing from management.
Worked Part-Time
Freight Auditor, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 June 2017
Worked at this place when I was in University. Worked out great for me as I wanted part time hours and on selective dates. They worked around this and I was able to work and go to school.
Cons
worked on the dock in summer was too hot
Worst Manage company I ever work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  East,West5 May 2017
I have never work for such a dysfunctional company like Day & Ross. Their management group is nothing but 2 faced and if you voice your concerns about something and they don't like it or agree they find a way to get ride of you. I have worked with them in the East and thought it was bad until came to Calgary and this is the worst terminal I ever work at for them. Do not trust anyone in the management group in Calgary cause they will burn you very quick and set you up for failure.
Pros
front line staff good
think again
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2017
You can find better. Pay sucks management sucks even worse. No respect for people. All 2 faced people. The drivers run that company. If you are thinkimg about working here i would seriously rethink that. I worked here for 4 yrs.
Pros
Cons
management
Not recommended
Entry level Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hartland, NB16 April 2017
Repetitive work, not a fun working environment (people don't talk to each other a lot cuz they have a huge work load), low pay considering the work they give you overtime not paid all the time, out dated system (same system for 30 plus years)... most people work here for the same role for years... not a good place to work if your looking for challenges or career development. Not recommended at all
Pros
Benefits from 1st day
Cons
Low pay, repetitive work, out dated system, no work life balance, terrible working environment
Team spirit for better company
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2017
Day and Ross was job build around team productivity. We connected with one another on brakes and on the doc, this made it easier to know how each individuals minds would think when it came to assembling a trailer or handing various difficult freight.
Pros
Well rewarded for the extras
Cons
Loads of Ot
exellent place to work lots of miles very strict on hours of service and vehicle inspections.
Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 March 2017
Runs begin in evening and ends early morning usually switches or pin to pin.
Workplace culture everyone is ready or available to help.with any questions or concerns.
the hardest part of the job is the usual unplanned road closure or weather.
the most enjoyable part of the job is stopping in a scenic area taking a wakl and taking a few pics.
j'ai eu beaucoup d'expérience
mécanicien de remorque (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC22 March 2017
J'ai appris beaucoup leur fonctionnement de la mécanique et de faire des amis dans le domaine de la mécanique de remorque et avec la Saaq .
Pros
on avait des outils fonctionnel
Cons
la pause et le dîner dans poussière
only if you have no life
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2017
no pay for waiting time if it's in a remote day&ross yard or any mccain warehouse (mccain is the big company owning day&ross).
Prioritization of the loads are very bad. not much load available to single driver as team get loads first even if load is made for a single truck which lead to waiting time away from home up to 3-4 days without pay.
Pros
Cons
all
Good job
Driver/Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS17 February 2017
Good place to work no issues, can be a long day depending on deliveries. Management wasn't too bad to deal with. Hardest part of job was delivering in winter.
Terrible place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL30 January 2017
Expected to much and gave little. Not worth the pay rate. The managment and supervisors are usless, they tell you full time but you'll end up being part time.
Really good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls, NB30 January 2017
Really good environment for the employee, strong teamwork. I felt valued from the first day I was there. Everything I have to say about my boss and my supervisors, are all great thing.
And also I really enjoy the fact that every call you get is different, it makes the day goes by really fast.
Pros
Management, teamwork.
Cons
Cant seem to find any at the moment.
Day n Ross
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hartland, NB25 January 2017
I enjoyed working here. I worked a week of days and I week of nights. The miles were substantially less on the week of nights and the gap between paychecks week to week were difficult.
review
DZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Old Brampton23 January 2017
Good work environment, clean equipment,well maintained yard and tools. people were plesant to be around aswell as civil and compliant.
Pros
fun to go to work
Internal Customs Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
Great atmosphere. A lot of great workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is each day is different and unique in its own way. The hardest part of the job is the level of multi tasking necessary to keep on top of the freight flowing.