DAY & ROSS TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Semi productive workplace, with room for improving service.
account manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
As an Account Manager in Freight, it was great to get out there and really learn about the multiple industries clients service, and build out tailored solutions. Flexibility in the logistics industry made it easy to compile options for clients, IE multiple solutions to choose from to get the desired result to earn business.

I learned the complete in / outs of the logistics business, but more importantly that customer service is key in defining the future path a business will take; regardless of the industry.

Management was phenomenal in certain departments, however was or seemed to be continuously changing, which sometimes caused confusion. Each sector maintained a different procedure for getting things done, which often made cohesion between terminals / departments extremely difficult.

The most enjoyable part of my job was listening, and building client relationships. That was ultimately the fundamental part of what I did, and the reason I was successful. Listening, understanding & executing strategies with Clients made this job fun.
Pros
Multiple service capabilities, positive customer engagement
Cons
long hours, little room for improvement ideas in management
Productive with a friendly environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pointe-ClaireSeptember 28, 2015
I reported to my manager with all the work that had to be completed. I learned how to interact with customers over the phone and respond to their needs. I would check incoming emails, filing (this was one of the main tasks), call different clients, and managing the cross dock and ensuring the dock workers we're loading up the trucks correctly. The hardest part of the job was when something didn't go correctly or there was a mix up and in order to rearrange it, we had to find the source of the problem which sometimes could take a little while. Most enjoyable part was working with the lovely and friendly staff.
For newcomers only
Professional Trucker (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QCJuly 19, 2014
Day and Ross transportation is good for newcomers in transportation, you have to work with owner operator plus you will end up working 70 hours per week for 700$ after tax with no benefits of any kind.
Pros
work is available all year around
Cons
no benefits management don't respect truckers they deduct money without any reason
good place to work
Account Manager- Small Enterprise Sales (Current Employee) –  Brampton,ONNovember 6, 2012
Brampton
hours are good
work/life balance is great
co workers are very friendly
management is fantastic
Pros
hours/time off
Cons
no commission
Okay work place, good people, bad job
Trailer Unloader (Current Employee) –  BramptonJuly 7, 2015
Don't learn much. Same old thing. Favoritism evident. I do the same old thing day in and day out. The co-workers are great, but the job in general sucks
Fast pace, hard workmanship, but fun.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSSeptember 5, 2012
A typical day was repeatative, but rewarding.
Learned many new skills and a sense of accomplishment at the end of every day.
Management was always helpful
Co-workers were the best
Certain days were hard but it made it a challange and kept me busy
The most enjoyable part of my job were the people I worked with ... they were more like my family away from home.
Flexiable workplace to work
Line haul and Domestic Dispatch Customer Service (Former Employee) –  brampton, ontarioSeptember 20, 2012
Fast faced environment place , lots of multitasking . Mangment was good , friendly workers , Lots of learning new systems .