Day & Ross Freight Employee Reviews

worst managed company ever and cheap
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartfield, NB4 July 2017
you'll be pulling your hair out trying to do your job, only to be told your not doing it. they want you to bend over backwards for them but will not do the same for you. their HR team is ignorant and sadistic, and will do anything to get you out. its just a out of date place, they need to train people to properly manage people. your efforts and experience would be appreciated anywhere but here. McCains should be ashamed they have this under their belt as a second company, they treat their employees like manure.
Worst Manage company I ever work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  East,West5 May 2017
I have never work for such a dysfunctional company like Day & Ross. Their management group is nothing but 2 faced and if you voice your concerns about something and they don't like it or agree they find a way to get ride of you. I have worked with them in the East and thought it was bad until came to Calgary and this is the worst terminal I ever work at for them. Do not trust anyone in the management group in Calgary cause they will burn you very quick and set you up for failure.
Pros
front line staff good
think again
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2017
You can find better. Pay sucks management sucks even worse. No respect for people. All 2 faced people. The drivers run that company. If you are thinkimg about working here i would seriously rethink that. I worked here for 4 yrs.
Pros
Cons
management
Team spirit for better company
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2017
Day and Ross was job build around team productivity. We connected with one another on brakes and on the doc, this made it easier to know how each individuals minds would think when it came to assembling a trailer or handing various difficult freight.
Pros
Well rewarded for the extras
Cons
Loads of Ot
Terrible place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL30 January 2017
Expected to much and gave little. Not worth the pay rate. The managment and supervisors are usless, they tell you full time but you'll end up being part time.
Really good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls, NB30 January 2017
Really good environment for the employee, strong teamwork. I felt valued from the first day I was there. Everything I have to say about my boss and my supervisors, are all great thing.
And also I really enjoy the fact that every call you get is different, it makes the day goes by really fast.
Pros
Management, teamwork.
Cons
Cant seem to find any at the moment.
Internal Customs Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
Great atmosphere. A lot of great workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is each day is different and unique in its own way. The hardest part of the job is the level of multi tasking necessary to keep on top of the freight flowing.
Othwr dock workers are great, management not so much
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 November 2016
The management at the dartmouth location is absolutely useless, between one of them refusing to work, shift manager not knowing what he is doing and the terminal manager being a liar and a cheat, I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
A few good guys on the shift
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work at.
Trans Border Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2015
This company is the friendliest company I have ever worked for.The training was on point, a little stressful, but that was to be expected.