Dawson Creek & District Hospital Employee Reviews

Summary of Dawson Creek Hospital
Casual Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Casual Nurse - PARR27 June 2017
I currently hold a temporary position within the Recovery room caring for post operative patients recovering from their surgical procedures. I also work on a casual basis at Rotary manner, Medical and surgical, psychiatry inpatients and emergency department. I have learned a great deal of new skills and I work well with the management of the hospital in trouble shooting issues that our department may face throughout the day. We have an excellent team who work well together and are very supportive of each other.

The hardest part of the job is that it can involve very long and unpredictable hours. There is often pressure to stay after hours to help with cases that have to be completed on an emergent basis. This can be difficult when you are the mother of two elementary children who already miss you and want you home.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to make a patient smile, relieve their pain and support the team who work with me. I enjoy helping a patient to overcome their fears with regards to their surgery and talking with families.
Pros
Develop new skills, new challenges everyday
Cons
Shift work interferes with family time, difficult to progress
supportive work place environment
Worker (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC10 August 2016
very supportive staff! I enjoyed my work there as I was not micromanaged by my manager. Learned very quickly how useful self-directed learning can be. Having said that, not a lot of opportunity for growth and mentorship. Supportive work colleagues overall.
Pros
solid vacation time, good management
Cons
rural work setting