Dawn Foods

Dawn Foods Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Management talks about but does not enforce "Dawn" culture
Receiver (Current Employee), Ontario caMay 25, 2014
Pros: pay, benifits
Cons: management has created a fear work environment
Bottom line is you are a disposable asset. As soon as they find better replacement you are phased out. 1 center running 3 locations is a bad idea
fun place to work
Environmental, Control (Former Employee), Manteno, ILJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks
best place to work thats it.fast paced u have to be able to think on ur feet at all times.But good place to work at i had good co/workers and the hardest part of my job was to pick up the work ever day managment was good i learned a lot there.
Good Pay / Bad Morals
QA (Former Employee), illinoisJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad morals
The people are wonderful however there is a lack of respect or sympathy when you have family matters. They will call you in at the last minute and penalize you for not showing up. You are basically on-call without "on-call" pay. This is comming from an hourly hired person's perspective I may add.
It was a good place to work
Baker and Quality Control (Former Employee), York, PADecember 27, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: needed more pay
I really enjoyed my job here I just needed more hours because I had just started a family and needed more money but I loved a lot of my co workers and vice versa they were very good to me here
great pay, drama, bad management
csr (Former Employee), lithia springs, gaNovember 25, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: drama, micromanaging, unfairness, not compinsated on your performancr but by seniority, worse management skills.
Dawn is basically a secure job with good pay with no room for advancement that will drive you to drink.
good company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: good
Cons: over time in the warehouse
i learn the try's of the warehouse, good person ray notaro, co-workers good people but they keep too there own. the hardest part is trying to move up in position, get too delivery once in a while
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Line operator-production line (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: great 401k
Cons: no appreciation
A typical day at work consisted of starting at 6:30 am. Go to warehouse make sure the products needed for the run that day were available then pull it and place it on the floor at the convenience of fellow employees. At this facility we decorated a variety of decorated cakes. They ran at a very fast pace and you had to keep up with line. It started – more... at placing the cake on a board, ice it with icing, comb and decorate it, then place the proper packing and labels on then packing into boxes and placing it onto skids to be shipped around the world.
Learning in this position is a new thing everyday. You learn new decorations, new products and maintaining proper quality of the product. It was a job that kept you motivated. At some points it was stressful but as long as you stayed focused you could become a great asset to the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working fast and learning new things everyday. – less
Not a bad place to work in general! The planning leaves a lot to be desired as the work schedules changed contstantly.
maint tech (Current Employee), Manteno, ILOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good pay & benifits
Cons: horrible work schedule
The turnover rate did not allow for any operational training to occur, which put a large burdon on the few personel who possessed the nessissary skill to get the job done. The attendense policy is not flexible enough to allow for a lot of normal things that happen to people, causing a lot of terminations that should have been avoided
Productive place to work.
Line Worker (Former Employee), Manteno, ILSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: nice breaks, occasional snacks on the job are provided.
Nice place to work at. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part is the hours at time but once you get comfortable with your schedule its an overall good job.
Enjoy my job lots of perks
Cook/ Production (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits
I make pie fillings and label and package the product by myself. The management is very good people to work for. My coworkers are easy to get along with and when we can help each other out, we do. My job requires alot of heavy lifting which i've come accustom to since i've been there 4 and a half years. We have alot of pizza party's for safety records – more... and a summer party every year. Overall this is a great company to work for. – less
Fast pace environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Manteno, ILJuly 16, 2013
Sanitation and cleanliness is very important which is great due to handling edible items. Learned about Lock out Tag out and GMP procedures. Management and employees communicated great.
Good warehouse work
Finisher (Former Employee), York, PAJuly 2, 2013
Cons: short breaks
baked cakes and decorated them then prepared for packageing and packaged for warehouse.I learned how to decorate cakes. The coworkers were nice. I liked staying busy and seeing our finished product.
great place to work
Line operator (Former Employee), Crown Point, INJune 5, 2013
Pros: company had great benifits, did things for their employees.
Cons: supervisors not taking on their responsibility
loved working for this company, just needed better management on their supervisors, loved going to work, even work other shifts to help some of the other employees when needed to help cover for them.
Dawn Foods is a fun work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAJune 5, 2013
Pros: love the employee appreciation days
I wish there was an morning shift available to work for this company. The owner was such a great man. I really enjoyed working for this company. If I was ever given the opportunity to work for this company again I will.
Not Enjoyable
Finance (Former Employee), Jackson, MIMay 16, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: rude, mean, and uncaring people.
Pay isn't bad - benefits are ok. Don't expect much in the way of raises and don't expect friendly people. Folks are downright mean, rude, and uncaring. People will stab you in the back quicker than you can spit. But they are flexible when it comes to a work life balance.
third shift
Machine operator (Former Employee), York, PAMay 3, 2013
Pros: third shift
Cons: learnd alot about industrial process
It was a third shift job liked the people, but hated the shift, learned about manufacturing and how the process worked, learned industrial controls and how to run them on computers, and how to operate conveyer systems.
stress head ache
Injection Operator (Former Employee), Manteno, ILJanuary 29, 2013
Cons: employees abuse breaks
not good mean people long hours short breaks just not the right job
great place to work its just the mgmnt also human resources could not keep up with the number of employees . to compensate everyones schedule
Packaging/Line Worker/ Machine Operation (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: great workplace friendly people
Cons: misscomunication with human resource about schedule hours, days off etc...
A typical day at Dawn Food products consists of assembly line work,

palletizing materials, machine operation, janitorial custodial,

light maintenance..
Overall good
full time employee (Former Employee), Manteno, IlJanuary 8, 2013
A typical day included stacking and packing cookies into boxes. Whether or not the work was hard depended on the speed of the conveyor. I learned how to work as a team and that it was very important to pay attention to the quality of the cookies to make sure we produced only the best. The hardest part was working sixty hours a week sometimes. I loved – more... the people and the management was decent. It was very easy to talk to my boss and i felt that i could ask her anything i needed to in order to do my best. i enjoyed my job overall. – less
Very high turnover, all temps
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), York, PANovember 14, 2012
Dawn is primary made up of temporary workers, they have an extremely high turnover rate, even among upper management. Which is a red flag for any company.

About Dawn Foods

They don't wait for the sun to come up at this company. The ovens are always fired up at Dawn Food Products. The company provides – Read more