Dawn Food Products

Dawn Food Products Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Organized Production
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Winnipe,MBNovember 9, 2012
Fun workplace,good management,for me,there is no part of my work is hard coz i really enjoy my job and enjoy working with my coworkers.
Difficult place to work in
Pastry Chef (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCJune 19, 2012
Pros: free lunches when we had to work on weekends
Cons: early start time
A typical day included mixing the batters, pumping the batter into the pans and then baking. Learned safety proceedures in the work place, unfortunately the plant was poorly managed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the quality control personnel who insisted we record everything, which made it difficult to do our other jobs properly.

November 29, 2012

Great co-workers,but management dont seem to care about the employees. All employees are always worried about getting fired. No over time pay for weekends.

horrible
Floater (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 13, 2014
Pros: fun co workers
Cons: horrible managers
Came in as a Floater A. As a Floater A I was responsible for learning 3 lines in a year if i did learn it in the timeframe i would go straight to max pay. They didn't train me more then 2 weeks on my first line (GLAZE LINE- making detailed glazed icing formulas) that wouldn't be a big issue but once they new I had it they immediately switched me to – more... another. I would not be put back on that line for 2 months, this made it extremely hard and stressful once trying to self learn the formulas and if you mess up a batch you better be prepared to explain. The second line I learned was Cryovac, this wasn't as much an issue to learn just because they had me on it quite abit and its just basically packing product. The third line I had was Vline, this line is the hardest line in the building. They gave me a month to learn it before they started pressuring me to sign off that i knew it. Even the training supervisor said it wasn't enough time but my managers hounded me daily and told me that if i didn't sign i wouldn't get my 3 lines for a long time (THIS WOULD GET ME KNOCKED OUT OF GETTING TOP PAY). I would compare this place to prison. SOOO GLAD I LEFT. – less
Questionable company not suited for distribution stick to manufacturing
Dsr (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: western management does not stand by dawn culture or values sadly.
Current sales team failing terribly in this market, upset customers, management yet to address issues at hand. It's groundhog day over and over, day to day issues do not allow for increase in sales or repairing lost business. Cannot recommend this company with their current turmoil.
Great Culture and work/life balance
Human Resources (Current Employee), Jackson, MIOctober 21, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, friendly & encouraging culture
Cons: treats and taste tests = weight gain!
Dawn Foods - still a family owned company - is dedicated to bakery products and is number one in the baking products category. This company offers plenty of opportunities to partner with company leaders. They practice what they preach when it comes to a work/life balance and truly believe that family comes first. Their circle of excellence places people – more... at the top. I feel very fortunate to be a part of such a great organization. – less
As a manager I had no privacy
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good insurance and some good people to work with
Cons: no support from upper management
This was like walking in to the fire. Everything you did was questioned you had to lock you your pens, stapler and anything that was on your desk that was not bolted down. I had no privacy when it came to dealing with writes ups and discussing an employees action.
Customer focused family-owned business
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 21, 2014
Dawn was a great company to work for. Management is eager to recognize and promote if they see a position you are well suited for.
Productive and fun workplace enjoying lunch time with the co-workers
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Shipping and receiving products to stock in the locations, putting in the system to have a good inventory control and pulling orders to the customers.
constant schedule changes
Line operator (Current Employee), Manteno, ILMay 12, 2014
Very good benefits but with the schedule changing every other day makes it very difficult to spend time with family. Great friendly co-workers.
okay place to start working
Mixing Operator (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMay 8, 2014
overall its an okay place to start working. MAny jobs to do but not in your job title.
production supervisor
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 8, 2014
mange a team of operators to produce at the most efficient level as possible.
wow
Machine Operator/Mixer/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Crown Point, INJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: jobs were easy
Cons: everything else
Job was easy People where wild. They took no drug test, so you never knew what kind of temper you were going to run into. You let management know, and if the person you were telling on was there longer than you,(meaning they knew them longer) you got turned away. The most horrible place I have ever worked.
Slave Drivers
Mixer/ Break Relief/ Back-up Line Lead (Former Employee), Mexico, MODecember 11, 2013
Great for single individuals who love to work and never have time to see family and friends.
Overall decent place to work
Contracts and Analytics Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MINovember 1, 2013
Pros: free coffee, samples of bakery products
Cons: insurance benefits are less than average.
They are going through major upheaval and are having issues with human capital and organizational behaviors which are not common with a global company. Talent management issues are common and have been for a while. They are trying to correct this issue but have lost key figures within last six months due to poor management.
great work environment
Trainer/crew leader (Former Employee), Crown Point, INOctober 5, 2013
Pros: hours, coworkers, management
relaxed, great management,can learn about bakery products how are packaged
Dawn Foods, Kansas City, took steps to provide a fun workplace for all employees.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 25, 2013
Pros: dawn provided lunches on our monthly meetings. awarded prizes, made known individual accomplishments.
Cons: none....seriously, none!
Working for Dawn Foods was extremely beneficial to me.
The General manager and sales manager are excellent people to know and work with.
Dawn Foods provided fun times, Casino events, diners, contests and continually awarded salespersons with gifts and bonuses for work well done.

Several seminars were conducted over the years to provide learning in – more... our various stages of growth. We were kept informed of new products and given in-depth reviews on each to help in our sales.

The hardest part of the job was to ensure all our orders were applied electronically on time.
The people (salespersons, management, warehouse workers, sales manager, truck drivers and customer service) all worked as one and helped each other when needed. My job included customer service and visits when not selling directly. – less
Good Bakery Products
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Amherst, NHAugust 13, 2013
Big company with a wide variety of frozen bakery items and dry mixes. Good distribution as well.
ok.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Manteno, ILJuly 8, 2013
jobs are ok. management is poor. high turn over rate. decent pay.
Decent workplace
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Mexico, MOJune 11, 2013
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: very low job security
Good company values and people, however job security was low and turnover rate was high.
If you absolutely need a job, it's OK.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Manteno, ILMay 25, 2013
Pros: they pay ok for the area. it's an open atmosphere and most employees are friendly.
Cons: they expect 12 hr days with no paid lunch. the attendance policy is too strict.
I worked for the Manteno, IL location for 3 yrs as a machine operator. They preach "Family Values", but they expect you to forget about your family after you join their family. Horrible work schedule which is very inconsistent.

Their teamwork and communication between management and employees is horrible, too. So bad they consistently lose business – more... accounts because they can't fill orders since they have no ability to plan properly.

I honestly don't know how they're still open. – less

1 2 3

About Dawn Food Products

They don't wait for the sun to come up at this company. The ovens are always fired up at Dawn Food Products. The company provides – Read more