Dawn Food Products

Dawn Food Products Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Organized Production
Cake Decorator (Former Employee), Winnipe,MBNovember 9, 2012
Fun workplace,good management,for me,there is no part of my work is hard coz i really enjoy my job and enjoy working with my coworkers.
Difficult place to work in
Pastry Chef (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCJune 19, 2012
Pros: free lunches when we had to work on weekends
Cons: early start time
A typical day included mixing the batters, pumping the batter into the pans and then baking. Learned safety proceedures in the work place, unfortunately the plant was poorly managed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the quality control personnel who insisted we record everything, which made it difficult to do our other jobs properly.

– November 29, 2012

Great co-workers,but management dont seem to care about the employees. All employees are always worried about getting fired. No over time pay for weekends.

production supervisor
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 8, 2014
mange a team of operators to produce at the most efficient level as possible.
wow
Machine Operator/Mixer/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Crown Point, INJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: jobs were easy
Cons: everything else
Job was easy People where wild. They took no drug test, so you never knew what kind of temper you were going to run into. You let management know, and if the person you were telling on was there longer than you,(meaning they knew them longer) you got turned away. The most horrible place I have ever worked.
Slave Drivers
Mixer/ Break Relief/ Back-up Line Lead (Former Employee), Mexico, MODecember 11, 2013
Great for single individuals who love to work and never have time to see family and friends.
Overall decent place to work
Contracts and Analytics Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MINovember 1, 2013
Pros: free coffee, samples of bakery products
Cons: insurance benefits are less than average.
They are going through major upheaval and are having issues with human capital and organizational behaviors which are not common with a global company. Talent management issues are common and have been for a while. They are trying to correct this issue but have lost key figures within last six months due to poor management.
great work environment
Trainer/crew leader (Former Employee), Crown Point, INOctober 5, 2013
Pros: hours, coworkers, management
relaxed, great management,can learn about bakery products how are packaged
Dawn Foods, Kansas City, took steps to provide a fun workplace for all employees.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 25, 2013
Pros: dawn provided lunches on our monthly meetings. awarded prizes, made known individual accomplishments.
Cons: none....seriously, none!
Working for Dawn Foods was extremely beneficial to me.
The General manager and sales manager are excellent people to know and work with.
Dawn Foods provided fun times, Casino events, diners, contests and continually awarded salespersons with gifts and bonuses for work well done.

Several seminars were conducted over the years to provide learning in – more... our various stages of growth. We were kept informed of new products and given in-depth reviews on each to help in our sales.

The hardest part of the job was to ensure all our orders were applied electronically on time.
The people (salespersons, management, warehouse workers, sales manager, truck drivers and customer service) all worked as one and helped each other when needed. My job included customer service and visits when not selling directly. – less
Good Bakery Products
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Amherst, NHAugust 13, 2013
Big company with a wide variety of frozen bakery items and dry mixes. Good distribution as well.
ok.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Manteno, ILJuly 8, 2013
jobs are ok. management is poor. high turn over rate. decent pay.
Decent workplace
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Mexico, MOJune 11, 2013
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: very low job security
Good company values and people, however job security was low and turnover rate was high.
If you absolutely need a job, it's OK.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Manteno, ILMay 25, 2013
Pros: they pay ok for the area. it's an open atmosphere and most employees are friendly.
Cons: they expect 12 hr days with no paid lunch. the attendance policy is too strict.
I worked for the Manteno, IL location for 3 yrs as a machine operator. They preach "Family Values", but they expect you to forget about your family after you join their family. Horrible work schedule which is very inconsistent.

Their teamwork and communication between management and employees is horrible, too. So bad they consistently lose business – more... accounts because they can't fill orders since they have no ability to plan properly.

I honestly don't know how they're still open. – less
Freezer Operator (Current Employee), York, PAMay 3, 2013
Pros: good pay great benefits
Cons: negative minded co-workers
Loading trucks while filling in empty racks with more product ready to ship out. Moving Trailers from the yard to the docks
productive, good people to work with, good management
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: healthcare, benefits
Cons: minimal hours
A typical day for me includes; team work, finishing the product on time, cutting out waste, and having an enjoyable time at work. I learned how to work with others and learned how to operate many machines. Management was very fair and did a good job on making sure everyone was doing their assigned work. My co-workers were hard workers and helped out – more... others when needed. The hardest part of the Job was going home early when lines shut down because I like to complete my job task. The most enjoyable part of a job is interacting with others and leaving home knowing you did a good job. – less
I am not the right person to say something
SAP Business Analyst, Master Data Management (Former Employee), Jackson, MichiganMarch 1, 2013
I am not the right person to say something.

I want to be neutral.

Thanks,
productive and clean work place
LINE WORKER (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 1, 2013
I like production work place its fast and multi tasking. Good people in management and co-workers are nice and fun to be with. When we are down was the hardest day for us, idle but we enjoyed our job when we are busy.
productive and fun place to work
supervisor (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 7, 2013
i would do most the time 3 different things each day a new rotation after breaks. the people were nice sometimes favorism went on but that happens every where i loved being on an assembly line.. there waasnt really a hard job.
Production and fun place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Crown Point, INOctober 22, 2012
Pros: a change to advance on any job.
Cons: no pension plan
Dawn Food was and is the best place I have worked, and I am very sorry the plant closed.
not aloud to have fun your just there to do ur work an thats it
loader/unloader (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2012
Pros: no free lunch had to buy our own
Cons: short breake an health benefits sucked
management sucked coworker are back stabbers...but in all the company is great to work for
good paying job but had many problems in management @ York
Accoiunts Payable Clerk / Mgr. (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: better pay than my previous job & great hours of work for my own job.
Cons: too many to list
Very poor management at the York location. They wanted me to lie for them and I could not do so. There were very many other things that violated my conscience.

About Dawn Food Products

They don't wait for the sun to come up at this company. The ovens are always fired up at Dawn Food Products. The company provides – Read more