Davis LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada, the Pacific Rim and around the world. As one of British Columbia’s Top Employers from 2008 to 2014, we offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan. We believe that all members of our team need to work together to provide world class service to our clients.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you! Come and experience the Davis Difference! We are currently looking for a Network/Voice Analyst to join our IT department and invite you to review the job description.
Please note this position is a one year contract.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Member of the infrastructure team responsible for overall systems health;
- Shares the responsibility for the design and operation of the network, including the cable plant, computer room, network hardware, network operating systems, LANs, WAN including MPLS, and VPN;
- Maintains and upgrade the Cisco VoIP and telephony infrastructure;
- Maintains and upgrade the Cisco network infrastructure including routers, switches, wireless controllers, and WAPs;
- Assists with the maintenance of Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity plans and cut-over procedures as they pertain to the network;
- Provides and implements security recommendations as they pertain to the network;
- Provides high-level project work;
- Provides network documentation;
- Maintains internet connections and services;
- Troubleshoots network hardware and software;
- Handles escalations as appropriate to area of expertise;
- Provides after-hours escalation support to outsourced help desk as required;
- Mentors junior team members;
- Works closely with the IT team (including members in other offices) to ensure smooth IT operations firm-wide;
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required:
The following technologies would be considered an asset but not essential:
UTM firewalls and load-balancers;
Enterprise storage systems;
Exchange and unified messaging including voicemail and Lync;
Citrix server infrastructure;
Enterprise document management systems;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of Active Directory and LDAP and Windows Server required;
- Knowledge of server hardware and server virtualization technologies required;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities;
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions;
- Ability to manage multiple internal clients and be adaptable to the needs of each; and
- French or Japanese language skills (written & verbal) an asset but not required.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TO APPLY: please go to the Careers/Business Service Professionals section of www.davis.ca and submit your application through the posting.